Batch print not working

Hi.  I used to be able to print a considerable (about 100) number of separate
doc files by selecting them all and right-clicking and selecting print, but
this has stopped working.  When I do that now, the icon changes to an
hourglass for about  3 seconds but then it goes back to an arrow and nothing
happens.

Nothing has changed with the computer or the printer.  I can print single
doc files fine.  Any ideas why this happened and any ideas of how to fix it?
Or, I guess, any recommendations for a batch print program?

Printing in the manner described is not something I have ever had cause to
do so I don't know when or why the behaviour changed - however you can print
out all the documents in a selected folder using the following macro:

Sub BatchProcess()
Dim strFilename As String
Dim strPath As String
Dim oDoc As Document
Dim fDialog As FileDialog
Set fDialog = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker)

With fDialog
    .Title = "Select folder and click OK"
    .AllowMultiSelect = False
    .InitialView = msoFileDialogViewList
    If .Show <> -1 Then
        MsgBox "Cancelled By User", , _
        "List Folder Contents"
        Exit Sub
    End If
    strPath = fDialog.SelectedItems.Item(1)
    If Right(strPath, 1) <> "\" _
    Then strPath = strPath + "\"
End With

If Documents.Count > 0 Then
    Documents.Close SaveChanges:=wdPromptToSaveChanges
End If
If Left(strPath, 1) = Chr(34) Then
    strPath = Mid(strPath, 2, Len(strPath) - 2)
End If
strFilename = Dir$(strPath & "*.doc")

While Len(strFilename) <> 0
    Set oDoc = Documents.Open(strPath & strFilename)
    oDoc.PrintOut
    oDoc.Close SaveChanges:=wdSaveChanges
    strFilename = Dir$()
Wend
End Sub

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi.  I used to be able to print a considerable (about 100) number of
> separate
> doc files by selecting them all and right-clicking and selecting print,
> but
> this has stopped working.  When I do that now, the icon changes to an
> hourglass for about  3 seconds but then it goes back to an arrow and
> nothing
> happens.
>
> Nothing has changed with the computer or the printer.  I can print single
> doc files fine.  Any ideas why this happened and any ideas of how to fix
> it?
> Or, I guess, any recommendations for a batch print program?

0
Graham
6/4/2010 5:03:46 AM
Thanks, Graham.

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> Printing in the manner described is not something I have ever had cause to
> do so I don't know when or why the behaviour changed - however you can print
> out all the documents in a selected folder using the following macro:
>
> http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm
>
> Sub BatchProcess()
> Dim strFilename As String
> Dim strPath As String
> Dim oDoc As Document
> Dim fDialog As FileDialog
> Set fDialog = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker)
>
> With fDialog
>     .Title = "Select folder and click OK"
>     .AllowMultiSelect = False
>     .InitialView = msoFileDialogViewList
>     If .Show <> -1 Then
>         MsgBox "Cancelled By User", , _
>         "List Folder Contents"
>         Exit Sub
>     End If
>     strPath = fDialog.SelectedItems.Item(1)
>     If Right(strPath, 1) <> "\" _
>     Then strPath = strPath + "\"
> End With
>
> If Documents.Count > 0 Then
>     Documents.Close SaveChanges:=wdPromptToSaveChanges
> End If
> If Left(strPath, 1) = Chr(34) Then
>     strPath = Mid(strPath, 2, Len(strPath) - 2)
> End If
> strFilename = Dir$(strPath & "*.doc")
>
> While Len(strFilename) <> 0
>     Set oDoc = Documents.Open(strPath & strFilename)
>     oDoc.PrintOut
>     oDoc.Close SaveChanges:=wdSaveChanges
>     strFilename = Dir$()
> Wend
> End Sub
>

> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi.  I used to be able to print a considerable (about 100) number of
> > separate
> > doc files by selecting them all and right-clicking and selecting print,
> > but
> > this has stopped working.  When I do that now, the icon changes to an
> > hourglass for about  3 seconds but then it goes back to an arrow and
> > nothing
> > happens.
> >
> > Nothing has changed with the computer or the printer.  I can print single
> > doc files fine.  Any ideas why this happened and any ideas of how to fix
> > it?
> > Or, I guess, any recommendations for a batch print program?
> >

> .

Print Retail Price on PO
Is there a way to print Item Retail Price on PO? Ditto "Dave Monteith" <DaveMonteith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B3D0C7D-C384-418D-A813-4C7939E45F70@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to print Item Retail Price on PO? I posted the same question earlier. Casey Hanson posted a link for his web site: http://www.newestech.com/downloads/po.zip. This allows for the price to be displayed on the PO, but you have to print the PO out to see it. I replaced my PO Receive template with this one. This works ok for me, I would rather see it on the PO screen ...

Filter macro stopped working in 2007
I have a DB I set up in Acc 2003 with a filter macro that worked great. Now, in 2007, it works once, but even after I remove all filters, it filters for the first criteria that was put in. The macro is attached to a button The form has fields such as: FirstName LastName EmailAddress The macro is a macro group Macro Name: FirstName Action:ApplyFilter FilterName:FirstNamefilter (which is a query with the SQL SELECT addressediting.[FirstName] FROM addressediting WHERE (((addressediting.[FirstName]) Like "*"&[Forms]![Addresseditingfrm]![entername]&"*")) Macro Na...

How to force Paper Size when printing
I want to show the print dialog so the user can select a printer, however, printing is going to a #10 envelope. So I want to modify the settings so that I'm printing to a #10 envelope and have the printer wait for the right paper to be inserted. What modifications to the PrintDocument needs to happen? Can I just modify the DefaultPageSettings? What about DPI? Where do I get that from? Matt Houser http://www.insidercoding.com ...

XmlSerializerNamespaces not working the same in dotnet 2.0 as #2
Hi, I am having trouble serializing an object in dotnet 2.0. I am using theis method public static string Serialize(object o, string defaultNamespace) { //create empty namespace to prevent namespace output XmlSerializerNamespaces ns = new XmlSerializerNamespaces(); ns.Add("", defaultNamespace); //create serializer XmlSerializer ser = new XmlSerializer(o.GetType()); using(StringWriter writer = new StringWriter()) { //use custom writer to prevent root 'xml' tag output XmlNoPrefixTextWriter xwriter = new XmlNoPrefixTextWriter(writer); xwriter.Formatting = Format...

Column Printing
I have created a 2 column to create a booklet. My report uses landscape and a page size of 5-1/2 wide and 8-1/2 tall. Each page is printed on the left side in landscape. Is there any way to get every other page printed on the right side of each page? ed What are your settings for Column width and column spacing? I would expect to see something like 4.5 " for Column width ..5 inch for left and right margins 1 inch for column spacing to add up to 11 inches total (4.5*2) + (.5*2) + 1 -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008 Center for Health Program Development and Managem...

CRMEmailEnabled not working
Hi, I have set up the an attribute to the value "CRMEmailEnabled" in exchange for one of our CRM user. No luck. I have rebooted the CRM server since and still nothing. Is there something else to reboot ? Exchange ? Or is there a service to restart ??? Do I have to set the attribute to "CRMEmailEnabled" before I create the CRM user ??? If yes, How to do it on a created user ? TIA Cheers, Fred You're not giving us much to work with here. Did you read the IG document? Did you install the Exchange router with no problems? And more importantly, how is it "not ...

Short cuts not working...
Hi I am having a problem in my Outlook 2003. The problem is the auto dictionary is not working. i.e. it is not whowing underline (Red and Green) to any of the errors. Moreove the shortcuts like Shift+F7, CTL+Shift+> (for font size increment)and CTL+Shift+< (for font size reduction)are also not working. The problem started when i uninstalled my MS Word 2003 and installed Word 2000. The solve the problem i have tried to install the MS Word 2003 again. Still it was not working. So i have unstalled the whole Office and installed full office 2003. But still I am not able to use those shortcu...

Rollback doesn't work!
Hi, i have a problem, In Access 2007 (but the file is a .mdb) I have a transaction that doesn't work, when the msgbox pop up and I click "No", the rollback doesnt work and save the changes made by the querys. This is the code Private Sub greg_Click() On Error GoTo Err_greg_Click DoCmd.SetWarnings False Dim wrkCurrent As DAO.Workspace Dim dbcondominio As DAO.Database Dim Montopago, Abono, Dinicial As Long Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Set wrkCurrent =3D DBEngine.Workspaces(0) Set dbcondominio =3D CurrentDb Set rs =3D Form_DeudaActivaxCasa.RecordsetClone ' This r...

Mappings not working when creating a new entity
Hi, Not sure if this has been discussed yet but I noticed that depending on how I create my new record the mappings work or do not work. Scenerio #1: I am in an entity "hotel setup", I click on an associated entity Selected Hotel. Click new and the hotel name mappings come over. This one works as expected. Scenerio #2: I am in another entity, click on the associated entity Selected Hotel, click new and add the lookup to the hotel setup. Click save and no mappings come over. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance. Brian Hi Brian, Yes, it is the expected behaviour. Map...

IM-SalesTransaction How To Intergrate The Batch ID
I've got a BatchID for a group of sale orders created in an custom invoicing system. I'd like to send that number as a source field for the field BatchID in Integration Sales Transation. I'm getting error Batch 'XXXXX' does not exist. How do I remedy that? Open the integration in IM. Click the destination mapping. Locate the batch ID field. On the "Rule properties" change the "If Null" ....> "Cancel Document" to read "If Null" ...> "Use Default". "Jerry Wood" wrote: > I've got a BatchID ...

automatic launch stopped working
Excel spread sheet files stopped automaticlly opening when double clicked. Does anyone know how to fix this? Windows XP Office 2003 File Properties "open with" set to Excel Cara Try the usual fix(es) for this problem. Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space between exe and /regs...

Will Publisher 2000 work on Windows 98?
I have a user with Windows 98 who needs to share Publisher documents with other users who are using Publisher 2000. I installed Publisher 97, but they have compatibility issues. Has anyone installed Publisher 2000 on a 98 machine? Does it work properly? Yep - and Pub 2002 as well. Both work just fine. Did have to update my graphics drivers but........ :-) -- The problem with resting on your laurels is that eventually you are sitting on dead branches. JoAnn "Darla" <moonchildokc@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:07f701c36775$c6e3d380$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I hav...

Outlook 2003
Reply to all does not function when the Exchange server is not available (working offline). Also, you cannot add a meeting appointment to your calendar. Outlook responds with "The Microsoft Exchange server is unavailable. Oulook must be online or connected to complete this action." This happens whether cached Exchage mode is selected or not. Is this a bug or have you found a solution to it? ...

Printing ranges #2
I have three different ranges ie A37:M50,A98:M111,A152:M160 and would like them to print on one page - is this possible? Thanks T Hi see: http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#non-contiguous -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:12de801c4435f$8e0ff0e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have three different ranges ie > A37:M50,A98:M111,A152:M160 and would like them to print > on one page - is this possible? > > Thanks T Take a look here: http://groups.google.com/groups?oi=djq&ic=1&s...

Work Order
1) Does anyone know a way to print a work order with the original date rather than the date it was printed up on? Currently I am using the comment field to encompass that but is there a way for the date to print up as the date the work order was created? Thanks. Don't believe there is... Here are the dates available for a receipt: Transaction.Date Transaction.DateTime Transaction.OrderDueDate Transaction.OrderDueTime Maybe the DueDate would be useful? -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com -------------------------------------------...

Let Money Work For You!
We're not supposed to work for money, money's supposed to work for us. Click here and find a definite way to do just that. www.solidinvestment.com/?ref=jarek7 110 Million Dollars already invested and working for us since 1998. Happy investing. In wealth, Jerry Kobylski --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20060220065810I6r6UqG4 ...

Reply feature doesn't work
I'm running Outlook 2003 in windows 2000. When I reply to messages my reply goes to the outbox and never leaves. Regardless of how many times I manually hit the send/receive button the message never leaves. I'm stuck having to create a new message whenever I need to reply to anyone. Any thoughts? Might be a firewall/proxy running problem. Or install Windows XP. Mike Lou wrote: > I'm running Outlook 2003 in windows 2000. > When I reply to messages my reply goes to the outbox and > never leaves. Regardless of how many times I manually hit > the send/receive button ...

How do I include print screen option in Publisher Webpage?
I am creating webpage project for my students using publisher. I would like to include a print option on one of the pages. Need instruction on how to complete this task. Thank you. Laurie Cook May I suggest you post your question in the publisher.webdesign newsgroup after you have a look around http://www.publishermvps.com/WebDesign/tabid/29/Default.aspx? The site may answer the question for you. Plus it is a terrific site to bookmark for future reference. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Laurie Cook" <Laurie Cook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

reminders in public folder, any work around?
Hi, I have a number of calendars that are in the 'public folders' folder (Situated on Exchange server so that they can be shared) Is there any way that I can get the 'reminder pop up' to work. I notice that Outlook doesn't support this facility when the calendar is in the Public Folders but is there a way around this or another piece of software? Cheers Lenny only using one of the reminder utilities at www.slovaktech.com -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author...

Outlook 2010 calendar sharing not working
I am having problems with the outlook 2010 calendar sharing. When trying to access my shared calendar via the web site it doesnt even attempt to show my calendar, instead it shows this page: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA103887591033.aspx I have tried re publishing but doesnt work? Anyone else have similar problem? Thanks Nathan "Rascals Castles" <Rascals Castles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56031234-C926-4F23-98C9-007EAEEDC2A5@microsoft.com... >I am having problems with the outlook 2010 calendar sharing. Th...

How do I write to a closed work book as a "register"
Hi there all you Gurus out there! I have created a macro to create a unique invoice number in a work book, but for my specific purpose, each time I create a new invoice number i want to record this in a rolling register in a separate spreadsheet & workbook. If i have another spreadsheet open I found I can do this, However not when the 2nd (register/record) work book is closed. I tried recording a macro whcih included opening the destination work book, but this would not run when I trialled it. Can I do this? Alternatively, can i program excel in such a way that every time I o...

Word crashes printing some docs
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Just this week Word crashes when I give a print command for an older .doc (created in 2007) that printed just fine last week. It's one page, no images, just text. Other (newer?) documents can be printed without a problem. Any suggestions about how to get the old doc to print again? Thanks. The most common cause of crash on print is lack of updates... Not only Office & OS X but equally important -- perhaps even more so -- the printer driver. This is true regardless of whether 'some files' or 's...

Print a HTML document programatically
Hi, I need to print a html docment dynamically produced at runtime, at that instance. I'm using shellexecute for this, which is popping up the Windows default PrintDialog. I want it to be printed directly. Can anyone suggest a solution or give some sample code for this. Please do reply. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Ajay Kumar Have you looked at IWebBrowser2::ExecWB? This also might be helpful: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnie55/html /wb_print.asp -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ajay Kumar" &...

Print Macro
Cell D5 represents a variable number from 1-120, the input changes the data accordingly on the whole workbook. I have input a macro to enter the number 1, print the document range A1:AB54 and then input number 2 and so on until i have 120 pages. This a frequently changing schedule and for review and distibution, would rather have a pdf doc. I changed the printer from the default to a pdf writer, when the macro runs it prints to the pdf doc but when the pdf document opens up, the macro stops after the first one, it does not go back to excel to work on number 2 etc.. Is there a ...

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...