Automatic number fill-in on Labels

Is it possible to have word automatically fill in a series of numbers on
Labels.  I need a set of labels, counting by fives, from 1 to 3500. Just
wishing I didn't have to key in every number....0001-0005, etc.

See http://www.gmayor.com/Numbered_labels.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bridgett" <Bridgett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to have word automatically fill in a series of numbers on
> Labels.  I need a set of labels, counting by fives, from 1 to 3500. Just
> wishing I didn't have to key in every number....0001-0005, etc.

0
Stefan
3/5/2010 7:08:21 PM
See the second method on the page linked by Stefan and use the following
version of the macro listed there to increment the numbers by 5

Sub FRWithSequentialNumber()
Dim findText As String
Dim startNum As String
Dim myRange As Range
Set myRange = ActiveDocument.Range
startNum = 1
findText = "******"
With myRange.Find
    .Text = findText
    .MatchWholeWord = True
    While .Execute
        myRange.Text = Format(startNum, "0000")
        If startNum = 1 Then
            startNum = startNum + 4
        Else
            startNum = startNum + 5
        End If
        myRange.Collapse direction:=wdCollapseEnd
    Wend
End With
End Sub

I think I may now have to update the add-in on that page to allow for such
number sequencing :(

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Bridgett" <Bridgett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to have word automatically fill in a series of numbers on
> Labels.  I need a set of labels, counting by fives, from 1 to 3500. Just
> wishing I didn't have to key in every number....0001-0005, etc.

0
Graham
3/6/2010 6:26:31 AM
I have now modified the add-ins on my web site to allow the labels to be
incremented other than by 1 http://www.gmayor.com/Numbered_labels.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
> See the second method on the page linked by Stefan and use the following
> version of the macro listed there to increment the numbers by 5
>
> Sub FRWithSequentialNumber()
> Dim findText As String
> Dim startNum As String
> Dim myRange As Range
> Set myRange = ActiveDocument.Range
> startNum = 1
> findText = "******"
> With myRange.Find
>    .Text = findText
>    .MatchWholeWord = True
>    While .Execute
>        myRange.Text = Format(startNum, "0000")
>        If startNum = 1 Then
>            startNum = startNum + 4
>        Else
>            startNum = startNum + 5
>        End If
>        myRange.Collapse direction:=wdCollapseEnd
>    Wend
> End With
> End Sub
>
> I think I may now have to update the add-in on that page to allow for such
> number sequencing :(
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Bridgett" <Bridgett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Is it possible to have word automatically fill in a series of numbers on
>> Labels.  I need a set of labels, counting by fives, from 1 to 3500. Just
>> wishing I didn't have to key in every number....0001-0005, etc.

0
Graham

Help with labels and lines in chart
Hi all i am tracking a few things and i wanted to make some objects in the my chart reposition dynamicly as i change the scale i dont care if i have to do a little clean up but just that the postions stay correct i have attached a picture any suggestion would be greatly appreshated +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Unti.png | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5056 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- crash893 ---------------...

Getting charts to automatically pick data from a series
Can I get a chart to always use say the last 9 values of a series? Does excel also do interactive charts? Salmonh: Yes you can have Excel chart the last 9, 30 or whatever number of values that you would like. You'll need to use dynamic range names to do this. Here are several links that will get you started. http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_tips.htm#Dynamic_Chart_Range_Names http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html The idea is to create dynamic ranges that will update as you add data and ...

Checking if a number entered is positive or negative
Hi all, I've created a function that allows users to enter data into a input box. All works OK so far at least, however, I need to get the script to examine what was input, and tell the user if the entry made was either a positive number, or a negative number, or neither one (i.e. no input or a text entry was entered), when they click OK. Thanks very much for your help. Karen Hi Karen, Here is some ans = InputBox("Input value") If ans = "" Then MsgBox "No input" ElseIf Not IsNumeric(ans) Then MsgBox "Text input" ...

PivotChart data labels
Is it possible to have data labels as a percentage on a pivotchart ? Hi, What kind of chart are you making - pie, line, bar, ....? What version of Excel are you using? You can add data labels to pivot chart by choose Chart, Chart Option, Data Labels. You can add a custom label by calculating the percent in the data range of the spreadsheet and then using the free download form http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm. However, everytime you refresh the pivot table the data labels will return to their defaults. This problem can be avoided by using a Pie chart. In which case ...

Padding a Number
I have a text column of numbers that range from 6 to 9 characters in length. I need to left pad with zeros so that all of the numbers are 9 characters in length. Can you tell me the function I should use and possibly provide an example? TIA Chris "Chris" <chris.brown@sheppard.af.mil> wrote in message news:0c8601c34b9a$fd2b5c70$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have a text column of numbers that range from 6 to 9 > characters in length. I need to left pad with zeros so > that all of the numbers are 9 characters in length. Can > you tell me the function I should use and p...

HELP RE: DISPLAY CHECK NUMBER ON PAYEE REPORT WITH
How do I get a historic payment reoport for a specific payee including check number, date, amount, and payee name? ie: "Car Loan Payment history for the period 1/1/01 thru today" Payee: Check # : Date: Amount: (and perhaps a running total or a final total) I think I have tried all the built in reports and can't find one to do this or modify existing to do this. I see this information in the "view payee details" window, listed in the format I require but when I select PRINT all that prints is the bar graph that is also displayed on this page. I ca...

filling cells with info from other file (unique id)
I like to know if its possible to get information from an excelfile and put this in another excelfile using a unique id-number. When I fill a cell in A-column with for example 12345, I want excel (or vbamacro?) to look in another file (xls\txt, or?) for 12345 and transfer the rowvalues to the corresponding columns in the worksheet I started with. Can anyone put me in the right direction how to do this? Is it some standard functionallityu of excel or is it something I have to program? Thnx --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could use a VLOOKUP formula to extract data...

negative numbers in the allocation
I have a client that is getting negative numbers in allocation in inventory, how do I remove it. Thanks, Scott KnowledgeBase Article #850365 tells you how to fix the negative quantities allocated in inventory. Eleni "Scott Rusoff" wrote: > I have a client that is getting negative numbers in allocation in inventory, > how do I remove it. > > Thanks, > Scott > ...

How do I stop Excel from changing simple numbers to their 1/100th.
I'm working with the latest service pack of Excel 2000. Every number I enter into any blank cell becomes that number's 100th decimal value. For example, typing "2" in a cell results in "0.02" when I leave the cell. This did not used to happen, but I don't know what I did to make it happen, nor what to do to stop it from happening. CC hi goto 'Tools - Options - Edit' and uncheck 'Fixed decimals' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Chris C wrote: > I'm working with the latest service pack of Excel 2000. > Every number I ente...

auto fill #3
hi, i have an excel sheet with student's grades: column A has an icreasing number, column B has the name , column C has the class, column D has the grade. I would like if it is posssible when i filter the students by class at the end of the sheet to be added two columns automatically [with macro, code?? i dont know how :-( ] the first one write if the student is 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc in the class depending on the grade (column D) and the second column write if the grade is lower than 5 the student pass or fail! Is possible the column A when i use the filter to change in a number that is the...

the end of long numbers turn to 0s how do i stop that?
5489 4861 3481 5448 8461 turns to 5489 4861 3481 5440 0000 how do i maintain those numbers? XL's stored precision is limited to 15 decimal digits. If you're not doing math on them, pre-formatting the cell(s) as Text or prepending the numbers with an apostrophe when you enter them will keep XL from parsing them and dropping the last digits. If you need to do math on them, you'd best use a different application. Otherwise you'll have to enter them as Text and use string manipulation to do the math piece-wise. In article <209F3B0E-80F6-41AD-A510-EEDAD5625797@microsof...

am trying to make my own fun wine bottle labels
And your question is.........................? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "marksbrady" <marksbrady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9DDB383-386E-4DD0-96BF-7B7DF479DFF2@microsoft.com... > Go to your local office supply store and look around for an appropriate label and design a fun label. Clipart. http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/results.aspx?lc=en-us&Scope=MC%2CMM%2CMP%2CMS&Query=wine -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "marksbrady" <ma...

Automatic changes in cell entries
How does one shut off the abjectly rediculous habit of Excel insisting on knowing better what I want for cell entries than I do? EG If I type AKs I want AKs not Aks... :mad: I have reviewed all the options in Tools|Options as well as other places to no avail. TIA tools-option-edit and the last item <enable autocomplete cell values> uncheck this doco <perdedor@centurytel.net> wrote in message news:#LhMjTA4EHA.3472@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How does one shut off the abjectly rediculous habit of Excel insisting on > knowing better what I want for cell entries than I ...

Distribution Group email replies: Automatically get 'From' to show Group email address?
We have set up a distribution list in Exchange 2003 (support@companyname.com.au) so that several support staff receive these incomign emails from clients. We want our replies to those emails to look as if they come from that support@ email address again. In very old posts, from 2002 to 2004, the same question gas already been posed and the answer has been for the person replying to ***manually*** click the "From" button so they can choose the distribution group email address. Well its 2007 now. Has this situation been changed so that when replying to distribution list emails the dis...

Invoice Number #3
I created my own invoice using a worksheet since I could not get the invoice template to do as I wanted. Can someone please tell me how to assign a changing invoice number cell? Can I make it start with whatever number I want or must it start with 1? Thank you in advance, this group has been extremely helpfull. Gary Hi Gary, http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "R2D2" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:JzYHg.13382$Nz6.105@edtnps82... |I created my own invoice using a worksheet since I coul...

Number of copies when printing is 256, how can I set it back to 1?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel It's only with one Excel document. I've already trashed the prefs and that didn't fix it. high quality Soccer jerseys NBA Jersey tracksuit and jackets, GHD hairstraightener supplier from www.willpa.com Are you a Retail businessman who bother by the purchase price? China Cheapest TOP wholesale website can help you we are specialize in replica sport goods manufacturing in china, we can offer you all kinds of soccer jersey, NBA jersey,shoes and so on. they are the best brand replica goods w...

Ability to Change PO Number When Generating PO From Sales Order
When generating a Purchase Order using the SOP to POP link (from Sales Transaction Entry) would like the ability to change the next PO Number. ...

how can I use a picture to fill text?
I am trying to use a big balloon font, and have a picture as the fill color. How do I do this? Create the phrase with WordArt. Fill, Fill effects, Picture tab. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "lee254" <lee254@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EA083FF-61A9-4DF7-9D65-6CAE1A3B02E5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to use a big balloon font, and have a picture as the fill color. > How do I do this? ...

Publisher 2003 is missing page numbers when I convert to pdf
I have a publisher 2003 documents of 124 pages with several master pages. I can see and print page numbers centered at the bottom of the page using publisher, but when I convert to a pdf using Acrobat Pro 7.1.0 the page numbers don't convert. Updated both today prior to conversion. Several master pages in the doc. Any ideas what is going wrong? Be certain you don't have "Ignore Master Page" checked. Don't know what is going on. I've tried to duplicate this but I can't. I created a 200 page document, I put the page numbers on the bottom centered. I creat...

Automatically import web leads.
We're migrating from GoldMine 6.7 to MS CRM. With GM, we had a thing where a customer would enter their name and email address on our site, we'd receive this information by email, and we'd do something with the emails to import the contacts into GM. (I didn't do that step, so I'm not entirely certain.) Now we're moving to CRM. I'm looking for a way to automatically import contacts as Leads into our database. I've heard of Scribe, but I'm trying to (a) find anything more useful than a sales doc and (b) see if maybe we can develop something in-house that ...

MS Excel data to Laser Label sheets
I am unable to locate instructions on how to transfer a list of names and addresses (Excel spreadsheet format) to laser label sheets (size - Avery 5160). You can use Microsoft Word's Mail Merge feature to do this. In Word, use the Mail Merge wizard to create the labels, with the Excel file as the data source. There are instructions in Word's Help, and on the Word MVP site: http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm Michael wrote: > I am unable to locate instructions on how to transfer a list of names and addresses (Excel spreadsheet format) to laser labe...

New mail automatically sets up a reminder
I had to use the inbox repair tool to reapir my mailbox.pst file because Outlook 2000 said it could not open it. Ever since doing this all of my new mail have instant reminders set up for them. They do not appear on the calendar, but pop up and require me to dismiss, snooze etc. just like a reminder I would of set up on the calendar. They are also displayed normally in my inbox. I can't seem to figure out how to turn this off, and also how this was turned on! Any help woud be appreciated Ken Try starting Outlook once with the /CleanReminders switch. If you need help using Outloo...

Automatically closing slave workbook when main workbook is closed... #2
Hi Have two workbooks - lets call them workbook1 and workbook2 for ease. Workbook 1 is the main document, however, some of data is drawn from Workbook 2 which is currently mininmized by following code in VBA Workbook1: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Workbooks.Open "Workbook2.xls" ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlMinimized End Sub Ideally I would like Workbook2 opened and hidden so that user does not even know it is running and then shut down automatically when Worokbook1 is closed. PS - when Workbook1 is saved it will be renamed, however Workbook2 title will stay static. thanks in adv...

convert range of numbers in one record into range of single-number records
I have a table of product registrations. All entries have a product number. Some entries have a single serial number, and some have a range of serial numbers. I would like to remove all records containing a range and replace them with multiple records, one per number in the range. For example, say I have four records: Product Serial First Last F21 1 F21 2 10 F11 1 10 F11 11 I would like to wave my magic query-wand and end up with my table looking like this: Product Serial First Last ...

Number formating #2
I have a column of numbers, all 6 digit. Some of the numbers are six digit with a dash in between the third and fourth digit Ex. 123-456 122-451 122771 122458 233-564 ....and so on Is there a way to remove the dashes from these numbers that have dashes and leave the other ones alone? What I want is this column to not have any dashes. is concentate the formula to use?? Thanks On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:01:05 -0800, "croozer" <croozer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a column of numbers, all 6 digit. Some of the numbers are six digit >with a dash in bet...