Automatic Date in Word Document

I need to create a document that I will be sent as an attachment to an email.
I want the document to automatically reflect the date the document was sent.
I do want to open the document itself. How do I do this? Thank you.
--
valerie

The only dates that are available to you are

1.    A date that you manually enter into the document
2.    The date on which the document was created (by use of the {
CREATEDATE } field
3.    The date that the document was last saved (by use of the { SAVEDATE }
field
4.    The date upon which the document was printed ( by use of the {
PRINTDATE } field

There is no way of inserting into a document the date upon which it is
handled by some exterior application such as a mail program.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"valerie" <valerie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need to create a document that I will be sent as an attachment to an
>email.
> I want the document to automatically reflect the date the document was
> sent.
> I do want to open the document itself. How do I do this? Thank you.
> --
> valerie

0
Doug
11/26/2009 5:02:39 AM
As Doug implies, this is not possible, however what you could do is save the
document as a template and create a new document at the time you send the
attachment. A createdate field in that template will thus reflect in the new
document the date that the document was sent. Otherwise you would have to
open the document, manually or with a macro, and change the date in the
document at the time of sending.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

valerie wrote:
> I need to create a document that I will be sent as an attachment to
> an email. I want the document to automatically reflect the date the
> document was sent. I do want to open the document itself. How do I do
> this? Thank you.

0
Graham

Changing the date format on the date table in a chart
Hi, I have a data table under a chart, and the dates inside the table are in the format of dd/mm/yyyy but I need to change them to dd/mm/yy. I cant see how to do this. can you help please? thank you If you select the column that has the dates in them and right click, format cells, Date and pick the format that you would like. This should be all you need. Tim "spudsnruf" wrote: > Hi, I have a data table under a chart, and the dates inside the table are in > the format of dd/mm/yyyy but I need to change them to dd/mm/yy. I cant see > how to do this. can you help p...

Automaticaly put in the / in a date field
I want my users to input a date in the format dd/mm/yy I know some of them will mis out the separators and enter for example 140301 for the 14th March 2001, but Excel changes the date to something totally different. How can I create a mask (like in Access) so the separators are already displayed in the cell? For example the cell would look like / / and when the date is input it automatically jumps over the separator. You could use a worksheet event that changes the entry to a date. Chip Pearson has some code at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Keith wrote: > ...

This form Requires Word
Thanks gang, I am reasonably up to snuff on Outlook and have used it for as long as it has been around. I am running Windows 2k Pro and Office 2k Pro and Outlook is configured to use Word as the default email editor. It does so quiet well both composing and reading email, except when email is receives from one particular person, one out of hundreds. This lady <the sender> is also using Outlook 2k pro and windows 2k pro and word as default editor. When I receive mail from her and try to open it I receive the message "This form requires Word as your email editor, but Word is eith...

Date Entry in Excel 2000
Hi All, We recently upgraded to 2003 and one of our users says she was able to enter a date such as 10/24/04 in Excel 2000 as 102404 when she had the cell formatted as a date. I haven't been able to reproduce it on a 2000 machine nor does it make sense to me that it would work given that a date in Excel has a numeric value which is unrelated to the digits in the date. Is she mistaken or is there a setting I don't know about which allows this? Thanks Erin She's most probably mistaken. That behavior isn't native to XL. It's possible to do this with event macros...

How do get the years and days Between two dates
if you had 5/1/2006 and 2/28/2002 how would you get 4.17? If 5/1/2006 is in A1 and 2/28/2002 is in A2, then maybe: =(a1-a2)/365 or =(a1-a2)/365.25 But if you're trying to find differences between dates, you may want to take a look at =datedif(). You can find lots of info at Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm (=datedif() was only documented in xl2k's help.) jhon doe wrote: > > if you had 5/1/2006 and 2/28/2002 how would you get 4.17? -- Dave Peterson ...

Applying the same macro to multiple Visio documents
Hi, I have created a macro which allows me to convert some of the information in my visio documents to text file. The problem is that I have dozens of visio files which I need to apply this macro to in order to create text files for each of these files. Is there an easy way in which I can apply the macro to all these files? Maybe there is a quick way of loading a macro into an visio document so that it runs when you open the visio file. Thanks for your help, Barry. There is an example of looping through a directory of Visio files at visio.mvps.org/3rdparty.htm. Look at the second item la...

how to write on the back of my document ?
when you have the document up how to do you write on the back of it ? please hlep thank you in advance Page 2 -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "guy in need of help" <guy in need of help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6EE6F9E-9938-4736-A848-1B31A4A719E0@microsoft.com... > when you have the document up how to do you write on the back of it ? > please > hlep thank you in advance What version Publisher? When you insert a page, is there page tabs at the bottom of th...

I need to get week start and week end dates to change automatically
I'm trying to get the week start and week end dates to chang automatically on a time sheet that I am working on. Anybody have formula? Joh -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com John, =INT(NOW()+2-WEEKDAY(NOW())) will return Monday's date, and =INT(NOW()+6-WEEKDAY(NOW())) will return Friday's date. Format as dates. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "jlyons360 >" <<jlyons360.192pxt@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jlyons360.192pxt@excelforum-nospam.com... > I'm trying to get the week start and week end dates to change > automa...

Formula to Calculate Dates
I need to enter one date, and have it compute the future date based on the number of years: For Example: - Date Added: June 2007 - Number Of Years: 5 Year - Expiration Date (Need Formula): June 2012 How would I get that result. BTW: Using Excel 2000 =DATE(YEAR(A1)+5,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "S" <S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8504259F-4193-4CE3-9387-EAB68624076E@microsoft.com... |I need to enter one date, and have it compute the future date based on the | number of years: | | For Example: | - Date Added: J...

Automatic Replies and Forwards..
Automatic replies and automatic forwards to Internet recipients are disabled in Exchange 2000 Server and in Exchange Server 2003. What is the argument for keeping this default? What are the security risks specifically? Any advice or suggestions on this would be greatly appreicated. Thanks, Dana .... you're letting spammers know your email addresses are valid, mail loops... (auto-reply to internet recipient generates an auto-reply to which you auto-reply again... anon) -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ---------------------------------------...

Target Date for Entourage Integration with Outlook
I recall reading something from Microsoft that a new Outlook is in the works that will replace the Entourage but can't remember the projection for when this event will take place? aRKay wrote: > I recall reading something from Microsoft that a new Outlook is in > the works that will replace the Entourage but can't remember the > projection for when this event will take place? According to the Mac Mojo blog, it will be released with the next version of Office for Mac, which is slated for release "Holiday 2010". We can probably assume this refers to t...

How to add the date after the "A1"
Hi, I type "The information gathered as of March 9, 2008" on cell "A1" Is there a way to make a date default like "The information gathered as of " & Date (default). Your help would be much apprecated. ="The informations gathered as of "&TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm d, yyyy") -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel <learning_codes@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c11a1bfc-65ba-4cf3-bdef-c28bdcc19c1d@8g2000hse.googlegroups.com... | Hi, | | I type "The information gathered as of March 9, 2008" on cell "A1&q...

Re-format date (mm/dd/yyyy into dd/mm/yyyy)
Hi All, Could someone help me with the following: I have a range of dates which I want to convert from mm/dd/yyyy into dd/mm/yyyy, my formula (=MID(T1474,LEN(T1474)-6,2)&"/"&LEFT(T1474,2)&"/"&RIGHT(T1474,4)) works for most of the dates though in case of 1/12/2007 where the month only has one position (instead of 01) my formula takes "1/" for mm (instead of "01") Can one of you advice how to capture this issue in my (or a different) formula? Many thanks!!!! Rgds, Robert You could try: Data > Text to Columns > Next > Next >...

Document no longer exist in originating module
Hi, Sometimes a getting this message: "Document no longer exists in originating module" when I tried to click on "Cash Receipts" for Customer. This receipt exist but not fully distributed. I tried to reconcile and so on all documents. Nothing. Thank you Vitali, Have you tried check links as well? When you say 'not fully distributed', what exactly do you mean? -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "Vitali V" <vitvov@dynamo-ny.com> wrote in message news:u0$0CW2IFHA.904@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Sometimes a gettin...

Excell & MailMerge dates
I have an excel file with dates broken down with a cell for the number in the month, a cell for the month, and a cell for the year. I used the "MMMM" for the month. In excell the cell reads "July", but when I use the cell as a data cell for mail merge in WORD I don't get the month I get the date number. Is there a way to get WORD to read the MONTH? Thanks From a previous post: You could use some helper cells and create strings for each field--then use those helper values: =text(a1,"dd-mmm-yyyy") =text(b1,"0.0") =text(c1,"#,##0.00&q...

Service Appointment, Activity History, and "Due Date"
When I create a service appointment in CRM, and I check the "All Day Event" check box, the schedule start and end times disappear, and the dates sync. This seems logical. However, when I look in the activity tab or the history tab the "Due Date" displays the next day. For example, I create a service appointment where the scheduled start date is 2/10/2007, and I select the "All Day Event" checkbox. The scheduled end date is set to 2/10/2007, the duration is set to 1 day, and the time fields disappear. If I view this service appointment in the activities ...

Failed to publish report to MS Office Word or Excel
I received this error when trying to export/convert an Access form to excel, other PCs at the same office works just fine. All PCs running Access 2003 in WIn/XP. The Error is: "Microsoft Access Cannot complete the output operation". The Visual Basic code you entered contains a syntax error or the Output procedures are not available. Make sure there isn't a syntax error in your code. If the syntax is correct, run Setup to reinstall Microsoft Office Access. If you want to preserve your security or custom settings, back up the Microsoft Office Access workgroup information file...

Automatic Files Saves
In previous versions of Excel it was possible to setup periodic automatic saves that would prompt the user to save. I am not looking for the auto-recovery save. Is there an add-in or update that can be installed to do the same thing in Version 2002. ...

Name, Date and Address Formats
Hi, I have a number of different spreadsheets that I need to impirt into a single database. Unfortunately some of the information is in different formats. Would anyone be able to provide me with a solution that can turn: A B Brown ABC Brown *A B C*Brown* Brown, A B Brown, Anthony Bernard Brown Anthony Bernard Mr A B Bernard Into separate fields for title, forename, initials & surname On a similar theme I also need to do much the same thing with addresses: 1 Victoria Road, Victoria, Victoriashire, VC1 1VC etc And lastly (for now anyway) I also have some dates that I need to ...

Compare this year/qtr/mo to date with prior year/qtr/mo to date
Hi, I'm trying to create a report that compares revenues received this year/qtr/mo/wk with revenues received last year in the comparable year/qtr/mo/wk, and additionally by sales division and sales manager. I have the data stored in a table with fields: SlsDivID, SlsMgrID, DtRecd and AmtRecd. I know I will need to use the date part function, but am not sure how to get the info in the report I need. format should be: SlsDiv - SlsMgr - CY YTD - LY YTD - G/L and % - CY QTD - LY QTD - G/L and % etc etc. I have tried pivot tables (not working) and various group and total functions (a...

adding numbers in an excell chart automatically
How to create an ongoing addition of numbers in an excell chart. Or sum of Numbers I should Say. I need the info for work. I think there is an easier way than how I am doing it. Worksheets are the things to use for adding numbers. That's not what a chart is designed to do. -- David Biddulph "sanicay" <sanicay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E94E1035-DC2C-4698-AC32-3439BDB2BDA6@microsoft.com... > How to create an ongoing addition of numbers in an excell chart. Or sum of > Numbers I should Say. I need the info for work. I think there is an >...

Dates in Excel 2007 graph axis dialogs
I work for an environmental engineering firm, and commonly create time-series and other scatterplots of numerical data using Excel. In Excel 2003, I could format a time-series scatterplot axis minimum and maximum easily by typing in the dates in short date format. Not so in 2007 - it refuses to accept dates in anything but "days elapsed since 01/01/1900" format. Is there a workaround for this? Why was it changed? It was quite useful. Overall, I'm pretty unhappy with the new Excel. It seems to have acquired a lot more layers of very questionable usefulness. Many of...

automatically deleting messages in the SPAM folder
In the Outlook Express 6 I am using, there are two separate folders named 1) Deleted items and 2) SpamMails. The messages in the Deleted messages get automatically deleted when O E 6 is closed. But the messages in the Spam Folder (even if deleted) are moved by O E 6 into the Deleted items Folder and since I want to see them removed from the system, I have to delete them, once again. Is there any way, O E 6 can be asked to automatically delete all the messages in the Spam folder? O E 6 also asks me every time it is closed if I want to compact all messages to save space bla bla,...

how do I open documents created in publisher on my Ipaq 2495
I cannot open a document created in publisher 2002 on my Ipaq 2495. I get a message that tells me to run the application first. What does this mean? I can open a document created with Word. I don't think the there is a mobile version of Publisher. At least I've never heard of one. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "becki" <becki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E0C792F-9BF1-4C01-AB99-0462A22399A1@microsoft.com... >I cannot open a document created in publisher 2002 on my Ipaq 2495. I get a > message that tells me to run the app...

help wanted in updating worksheet automatically
Could you please help us with an excel query. We have an excel file with fields in a random order. The values in these fields have to be picked up and arranged one below the other in a separate area. The values to be picked up always have a fixed cell address. Awaiting reply Elle How about just selecting the range, copy it, paste it to its new location. Then select that new range and do Data|Sort? Madhu wrote: > > Could you please help us with an excel query. > > We have an excel file with fields in a random order. > > The values in these fields have to be pic...