automatic capital letters

For Office 2007:  Whenever I type a period, the next letter is always
capitalized. How do I disable this feature?  Thanks.

WORD 2007

Office Button (top left hand corner).

Word Options (lower right hand corner).

Proofing (on the left hand side), then, on the right hand side, towards the
top click on AutoCorrect Options . . .

AutoCorrect: English (Your Area) window should launch.

AutoCorrect tab / Capitalize first letter of sentences - turn this off
(remove tick / check from field).

OK.

OK.

Thanks.

"Mary" wrote:

> For Office 2007:  Whenever I type a period, the next letter is always
> capitalized. How do I disable this feature?  Thanks.

Requerying Automatically
Hello All I have a query like this: SELECT utblPartListPriceQuery.ID, utblPartListPriceQuery.Partnumber, dbo_PART.ID, dbo_PART.DESCRIPTION, dbo_PART.PRODUCT_CODE, dbo_PART.COMMODITY_CODE, dbo_PART.MFG_NAME, dbo_PART.MFG_PART_ID, dbo_PART.FABRICATED, dbo_PART.PURCHASED, dbo_PART.PRIMARY_WHS_ID, dbo_PART.PRIMARY_LOC_ID, dbo_PART.UNIT_PRICE, dbo_PART.QTY_ON_HAND, dbo_PART.QTY_ON_ORDER, dbo_PART.QTY_IN_DEMAND, dbo_PART.PREF_VENDOR_ID, dbo_PART.BUYER_USER_ID, dbo_PART.PLANNER_USER_ID, IIf([UNIT_MATE...

Making a Macro Run Automatically
My mind has gone blank. I have a Macro which I want to have ru automatically every time I open any Workbook, but I have forgotten ho to make it do that. *HELP! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Please post in ONLY one group. See answer in other post. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "ElsiePOA >" <<ElsiePOA.19wfxx@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:ElsiePOA.19wfxx@excelforum-nospam.com... > My mind has gone blank. I have a Macro which I want to have run > automatically every time I open any Workbook, but I have forgot...

Automatically copying fomulae when Inserting rows
I have a spreadsheet which has some complicated formulae in some cells, so I want to lock and protect those cells to prevent other users from spoiling them. However, one of the things these users need to do is to insert rows to add new data in the correct place. I would like the formulae from the corresponding cells above the new row to be automatically copied. The only way to get the formulae in that I know is to use the "fill handle" but you cannot do that when the cell is locked. Is there another way? Hi Ian, If you and your users are all using Excel 2002 or later, ...

How to fit a row height to a cell contents automatically?
Hello How to fit a row height to a cell contents automatically? Double clicking on the row edge doesn't decrease height. There's free space left below text. This happens to some rows only. -- Please, inform me of your reply: click Message menu, then 'Reply to all' in Outlook Express (this sends your reply to the newsgroups and to my email address at the same time) or inform me by sms to 79163876746 from www.mts.ru/sms or to my ICQ#135557327 or by messenger to kopnichev@hotmail.com Mr. Dmitriy Kopnichev e-mail: kopn@hotbox.ru Select whole row and set font size to, say, 6. R...

change Colomn name automatically
Hi i have two different table Table1 and Table2 : Table1 is like: field1 field2 field3 .........fieldn A B C N A1 B1 C1 N1 ............................. Table2 is like this ID_name Name .... address tel 1 pippo 2 pluto ... ... n paperino the goal is to change the colomn name of the first table1 with the fields of table2 (field Name). The results should be like pippo pluto ......... paperino A B ...

Flags getting cleared automatically
Hello, I have Outlook 2007 flag every email I get with a "follow up today" flag. I do this because, as a helpdesk technician, I want all customers email to be flagged until I read the email and manually mark it "complete". The problem is that OL will have the following two deviant behaviors: 1. Not all messages get a flag assigned. This is despite the fact that I have only one mail rule: "Flag all incoming email" 2. When I read an email, sometimes OL will remove the flag, other times it will leave the flag in-tact. I have not been able to figure out why t...

turn off automatic date recognition!
Anyone know how to turn off Excel's automatic date recognition function? "JohnL" wrote... >Anyone know how to turn off Excel's automatic date >recognition function? Not possible because Microsoft programmers know better than you how you should enter data into Excel. Sarcasm aside, either you need to precede all such entries with a single quote or you need to give these cells the numeric format Text before entering anything into them. -- To top-post is human, to bottom-post and snip is sublime. John Pre-format the cell as Text or precede the entry with an apostrop...

Creating a Formula to Format Column automatically?
Hello. I'm trying to figure out a way to create a formula or a macro t run on a column in my worksheet that says basically IF COLUMN D SAY JOE BLOW, THEN COLOR = GREEN, IF COLUMN D = SALLY SMITH, THEN COLOR RED, IF COLUMN D SAYS MIKE IKE, THEN COLOR = BLUE. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? :confused -- bludovic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26434 Look at Conditional Formatting in...

how to clear automatic folder list when moving email messages

Excel 2002
I have a user using Excel 2002 on windows. Just this month whenever she enters a date formatted for any day in 2004 it automatically changes the month to the day. We've checked the cell format and even tried to change it to a different format and it still occurs. (ie 01/04/2004 to 1/4/2004). The vesion of excel is Excel 2002 (10.3506.3501) SP-1. I searched the Microsoft site for an upgrade but there wasn't another SP version listed for Excel 2002. Any one else come across this problem? Thank you! Rebecca http://www.geekmom.net/downline --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelFor...

Excel automatically changes the formatting of the cell to "Time"
Hello, I have a long column of numbers [dates in the YY:DD format]. I wanted to replace ":61" to ":59". Even though the cells are initially formatted as Text, as soon as I make the change, Excel changes the formatting to Time, and the cell with the change now has text ":59:00" in it. Is it possible to force Excel to keep the cells formatted as Text? Thank you! Sam, If the cells are truly formatted as text (Format - Cells - Number - Text), the formatting should never change, and you should always see exactly what you've typed. Give us an example...

Prevent Chart from automatically updating references
I have a chart embedded in a worksheet. The chart references data on another worksheet. This workbook is large, with lots of formulas. Whenever I change a cell value anywhere in the workbook, the chart attempts to update itsself -- a blue bar appears in the bottom left corner of the monitor showing the chart is trying update its references. Is there anyway I can prevent this chart from trying to automatically update itself? vba solution is fine. I guess I'm looking for a way to turn on and off recalculation of a chart. Click on Tools, Options, Calculation, Manual. The downsid...

automatically copy text
This forum has been a great help. Now I need a formula that will automatically copy text from one cell to another when I change the text in the first cell. Much appreciated -- dbconn Do you mean Sub Macro() Range("D1:D10").NumberFormat = "0000" End Sub -- Jacob "dbconn" wrote: > This forum has been a great help. Now I need a formula that will > automatically copy text from one cell to another when I change the text in > the first cell. > > Much appreciated > -- > dbconn Please ignore the previous pos...

Money 2005 Automatic Updates are erratic
In Money 2004 I used to always manually update my accounts (click on the link to start the process of getting account transactions, etc.). In Money 2005 if I do this when I first launch the program I usually get yelled at with a dialog box saying that it's already in process or something like that. However, it must only be talking about the stock quotes because it's not doing a thing about my account transactions most of the time. There are times when I get a surprise and Money 2005 has transactions waiting to be reviewed but this seems rare. I have my Customized Update Sche...

"Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy"
Hello, Can someone please tell me How I can disable/enable the "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" on all users or contacts? We had a RUS issue and manually unchecked the box, now need put it back, really don't want to do that one by one for over 900 users. thanks a lot! CJ Hi, This script clear the contents os "msExchPoliciesExcluded" property for all AD. This set the checkbox ON. 1 - Change the domain name at line 07. 2 - Please try in lab first !!!! ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Const ADS_PROPERTY_CLEAR = 1 ...

Convert Column Letters to Number
Hi! I'm looking for a function to convert a "large" column letters (up t 10 characters) to it's equivalent in number. e.g. Input=A Output=1 Input=AAA Output=703 Input=EXCEL Output=2,708,874 Any suggestions? Regards -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Here's a VBA function that gives the results you want: Option Explicit Function ColumnToNumber(sText As String) As Variant Dim Bytes() As Byte Dim Letter As Long Dim Multiplier As Double Dim N As Double Dim Total As Double ColumnToNumber = CVErr(xlErrValue) If L...

How do I stop automatic insertion of rows in Excel?
Suddenly, on a stock point and figure chart, I am getting rows inserted as I add a string of o's going downward on a chart. It only seems to happen when I get to a level below which there are no o's enterred yet as I work right to left on the chart. ...

Letter Writing assistant error #2
I have some users that receive this error when trying to use the letter writing assistant (employee letters is where this is happening) LWData.RMP is locked for editing by 'another user'. We use Dynamics on a terminal server, 9.0 SQL server 2005. Does anyone know how to correct this? Other users seem to be able to use the same employee letter and do not get this message. -- Doug Sorry, the error message is: LWAData.TMP is locked for editing, I had a typo in my first messasge... -- Doug "Doug" wrote: > I have some users that receive this error when try...

emailing via letter assistant
Does anyone know of a way to email letters using the letter writing assistant? Email does not show as one of the customer field choices. Thank you! The current intent of the LWA is to automate the population of Word templates with GP data. Once the data is in Word, you can use the Send functionality within it to send an e-mail message. Go to the File menu and you can send the document as an attachment or the body of a message, if you are using Outlook. "Shelly" wrote: > Does anyone know of a way to email letters using the letter writing > assistant? Email does not sho...

how to set automatic reply on vocation
In Outlook Express it was easy to set up an automatic reply during vocation time. Now in Win 7 and Windows Live mail, I could not find this option... May someone please tell me where it is, if it is available... -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida OE did not have a vacation reply function. Windows Live Mail is no different in that regard. You could set up a message rule to accomplish that, but it is not recommended because you'd have to leave the PC on 24/7, and any power interruption or Windows Update or error would cause that to malfunction. A better solution is to use ...

outlook 2000 automatically closing
I currently use outlook 2000 and am going to tools, recover deleted items and it shuts outlook down completely...I have tried creating a new mail profile, tried creating a new user profile and totally reinstalling outlook and the same problem is occurring...any ideas? help ...

How to automatically compare values across columns
Hey, I'd like to know if it's possible to automatically select for rows that have equal (or different, if the majority of rows have equal) values in two adjacent columns. That is, let's say you've got two columns and they're hundreds of rows long, but each row's value is simply either a 1 or a 2. How, without simply scrolling down and looking yourself, can you determine which rows both have 1 (or 2)? Or if most of the rows have the same value in both columns, how do you select for those that don't? I would use a "helper" column: assuming heade...

Schedule Integration Manager For Automatic Run
Hi i would like to schedule the integration manager to run automatically on certain scheduled time can some one guide me the to achieve that. Nader Hi You can run integration from command prompt as follows. Imrun.exe /I [Integration] /G [Integration Group] /S Also you can schedule it from windows scheduler. Regards Abyson & Jacob "Nader Yousef" <NaderYousef@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2FCBA7D-F168-4325-8E35-63E43E1BE6A3@microsoft.com... > Hi > > i would like to schedule the integration manager to run automatically on > certain sch...

Automatic Undeliverables
All, I have a user that is getting bounce backs from messages that she never sent. Any suggestions on what steps to take to solve this? Thanks! Kevin Thomas wrote: > All, > > I have a user that is getting bounce backs from messages that she never > sent. Any suggestions on what steps to take to solve this? > > Thanks! There is probably nothing you can do. The bounce-backs are probably coming from mail sent by another, virus infected, machine, not neccessarily within your domain, and to whom your user sent an email. Just hang in there and they will go away eventua...

Closing emails automatically on replies and forwards
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop How do I get the original email to close automatically when i reply or forward it? I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find the function so I have to manually close every email. On 1/29/10 7:49 AM, in article 59bb1d50.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "sdaija@officeformac.com" <sdaija@officeformac.com> wrote: > How do I get the original email to close automatically when i reply or forward > it? I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find the function so I have to > ...