autocorrect/format spaces between sentences

Using speech to text and program only adds one space between sentences. Is
there a way to setup autocorrect or autoformat to make it two spaces between
sentences.  When I used spellcheck it automaticially goes to each sentence
break for me to add that space but wondered if there is a way to
automatically do it.

There is no automatic way to add extra unnecessary spaces between sentences.
This is a word processor with proportionally spaced fonts. If you want to
adopt ancient typewriter practice, then you will have to use the replace
function to add them later.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using speech to text and program only adds one space between sentences. Is
> there a way to setup autocorrect or autoformat to make it two spaces
> between
> sentences.  When I used spellcheck it automaticially goes to each sentence
> break for me to add that space but wondered if there is a way to
> automatically do it.

0
Graham
3/10/2010 3:08:11 PM
I get paid by the character, including spaces.......

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> There is no automatic way to add extra unnecessary spaces between sentences.
> This is a word processor with proportionally spaced fonts. If you want to
> adopt ancient typewriter practice, then you will have to use the replace
> function to add them later.
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Using speech to text and program only adds one space between sentences. Is
> > there a way to setup autocorrect or autoformat to make it two spaces
> > between
> > sentences.  When I used spellcheck it automaticially goes to each sentence
> > break for me to add that space but wondered if there is a way to
> > automatically do it.
>

> .

So you admit to padding your work to jack up your fees?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

>I get paid by the character, including spaces.......
>
> "Graham Mayor" wrote:
>
>> There is no automatic way to add extra unnecessary spaces between
>> sentences.
>> This is a word processor with proportionally spaced fonts. If you want to
>> adopt ancient typewriter practice, then you will have to use the replace
>> function to add them later.
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Using speech to text and program only adds one space between sentences.
>> > Is
>> > there a way to setup autocorrect or autoformat to make it two spaces
>> > between
>> > sentences.  When I used spellcheck it automaticially goes to each
>> > sentence
>> > break for me to add that space but wondered if there is a way to
>> > automatically do it.
>>

>> .

0
Suzanne
3/10/2010 4:58:13 PM
A number of colleges, universities and other institutions require two
spaces between sentences.  There is a way to have speech to text put in
two spaces.  I just had to find out how for my dissertation.  I now need
to figure out how to turn it off.  If I find it I will try to post it
here.

I would also say that there is not full consensus about whether a
puctuation mark followed by one space is sufficient to signal a new
sentence. There are many exceptions to the "period one-space" sentence
signal.  You can find lots of discussion on it elsewhere.

Dr. W. C. Wiseley

--
cwiseley
cwiseley's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1983