autocorrect/format spaces between sentences

Using speech to text and program only adds one space between sentences. Is
there a way to setup autocorrect or autoformat to make it two spaces between
sentences.  When I used spellcheck it automaticially goes to each sentence
break for me to add that space but wondered if there is a way to
automatically do it.

There is no automatic way to add extra unnecessary spaces between sentences.
This is a word processor with proportionally spaced fonts. If you want to
adopt ancient typewriter practice, then you will have to use the replace
function to add them later.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Using speech to text and program only adds one space between sentences. Is
> there a way to setup autocorrect or autoformat to make it two spaces
> between
> sentences.  When I used spellcheck it automaticially goes to each sentence
> break for me to add that space but wondered if there is a way to
> automatically do it.

0
Graham
3/10/2010 3:08:11 PM
I get paid by the character, including spaces.......

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> There is no automatic way to add extra unnecessary spaces between sentences.
> This is a word processor with proportionally spaced fonts. If you want to
> adopt ancient typewriter practice, then you will have to use the replace
> function to add them later.
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Using speech to text and program only adds one space between sentences. Is
> > there a way to setup autocorrect or autoformat to make it two spaces
> > between
> > sentences.  When I used spellcheck it automaticially goes to each sentence
> > break for me to add that space but wondered if there is a way to
> > automatically do it.
>

> .

So you admit to padding your work to jack up your fees?

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

>I get paid by the character, including spaces.......
>
> "Graham Mayor" wrote:
>
>> There is no automatic way to add extra unnecessary spaces between
>> sentences.
>> This is a word processor with proportionally spaced fonts. If you want to
>> adopt ancient typewriter practice, then you will have to use the replace
>> function to add them later.
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Using speech to text and program only adds one space between sentences.
>> > Is
>> > there a way to setup autocorrect or autoformat to make it two spaces
>> > between
>> > sentences.  When I used spellcheck it automaticially goes to each
>> > sentence
>> > break for me to add that space but wondered if there is a way to
>> > automatically do it.
>>

>> .

0
Suzanne
3/10/2010 4:58:13 PM
A number of colleges, universities and other institutions require two
spaces between sentences.  There is a way to have speech to text put in
two spaces.  I just had to find out how for my dissertation.  I now need
to figure out how to turn it off.  If I find it I will try to post it
here.

I would also say that there is not full consensus about whether a
puctuation mark followed by one space is sufficient to signal a new
sentence. There are many exceptions to the "period one-space" sentence
signal.  You can find lots of discussion on it elsewhere.

Dr. W. C. Wiseley

--
cwiseley
cwiseley's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=1983

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

0
cwiseley

Number Format Problem
I am importing data from a program at work. The data come in in th format of ###@##(three numbers, a letter, and then 2 more numbers). The problem is that when a code such as 123E04 is imported, exce thinks it means 1.23E+04. This is a problem becasue the data I need i the E04 part. (I use the RIGHT(cell,3) formula to get the portion want.) Any ideas on how to get the number in the format I want? have tried changing the cell characteristics, and all kinds of stuff. Thank -- kola556 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kola5567's Profile: http://...

Format window reset location
How do you reset the window locations in word so that they return to the default setting. my professor has moved hers to the edge of the screen so that you cant really grab it with the mouse. thanks, See this page from J.E. McGimpsey for advice: <http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/formattingpalettegone.html> On 6/14/06 12:26 AM, in article 1150262807.021241.211750@c74g2000cwc.googlegroups.com, "pmoriartyphoenix@gmail.com" <pmoriartyphoenix@gmail.com> wrote: > How do you reset the window locations in word so that they return to > the default setting. my ...

Conditional Formatting Nested Formulas
I'm working with a large spreadsheet that has multiple status options. Each status has different criteria for example: Status Green Yellow Red T <60 >=60,<=80 >80 S <20 >=20,<=45 >45 D <30 >=30,<=55 >55 C <90 >=90,<=120 >120 B <30 >=30,<=60 >60 A <10 >=10,<=40 >40 I would like to apply conditional formats according to the status criteria. Is that possible given that each status has a different criterial. Thank you! One way to get going here .. Illustrated in this sample: http://www.freefileho...

Sending a mail .doc, others see all formatting.
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) When I send a word doc to colleagues they can see all the formatting and editing. I cant see it on my screen nor when I print it out. How can I stoop this? Thanks ...

Time format control
Hi everyone, I have a time of 08:38 and would like to truncate the last minute by using formatting to achieve 08:30. I currently do this using a formula to remove the last minute. I have tried custom formatting of hh.m but I still get 08:38. I have even tried hh.m"0" but get 08:380. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated. Regards Brad You can use this formula, it sounds as though you want round down to nearest 10th minute =FLOOR(A1,1/144) -- For everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brad kennedy" <brad_6663@hotmail...

Auto Format
Can you create custom Auto Formats in Excel -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Conditional formatting #17
Hi, I need to format a row or column based on the value a cell in that row. How could i do that? i.e. If the value of cell A1 is less than or equal to 0 u want the color pattern of B1 to H1 to change into green. tnx in advance, eqbal -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Usually conditional formatting is done based on the value of that cell. In this case, use the drop down box to change from "Cell Value is" t "Formula is". Select a cell and use the Toolbar Format - Conditiona formatting. You need to write a formula with a l...

format the whole row
I know in older versions, the file size would be huge if you formated a whole row rather then just the cells required. Does this still apply? E.g. A workbook I am using seems to run rather slow. The creator formatted many tables over about 25 sheets with borders but he did so by selecting the rows rather then the cells. I was wondering if I should take a couple minutes and clear the formatting from those columns? Thank you Deborah I don't think changing formatting will make any difference. You can easily check this out by making a copy of the workbook fo testing -- Message posted...

How to transfer Autocorrect from Office X to 2004?
when i installed office 2004, none of my autocorrect entries moved over from office X so i am starting from scratch. how do i get my office X autocorrect entries into office 2004? On 12/18/07 9:33 PM, in article d27726ff-5e3f-4b60-ba4a-3f2ac7bf7340@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com, "irchamandy" <irchamandy@gmail.com> wrote: > when i installed office 2004, none of my autocorrect entries moved > over from office X so i am starting from scratch. how do i get my > office X autocorrect entries into office 2004? You should be able to drag the files to a text editor to open....

Formatting email when promoting to CRM
When I promote an email from Outllok to CRM, it seems to loose all the formatting of the original email. All the email's content remains as text only. Is there a way to promote email from Outlook preserving its original formatting? Thanx in anticipation ...

excel putting random cells into date format
I opened a new spreadsheetand started inputting data. About 100 lines into a very simple sheet of only 3 columns the numbers started turning inot dates all by them selves. I highlighted the cells and reformatted to the general formatting and it immediately went back to the date format. Additionally, when I printede the spreadsheet it printed pages and pages of blank gridlined sheets until I realized it and turned off the printer. THen when I saved the file it was 7meg! This file had 5 pages, 3 colums each and no more than 300 rows each. I cut and pasted the data into a spreadsh...

Transfer Cell Formatting for linked cells
How do you get the cell formatting (color) to transfer to a linked cell? Example: I have added color (red) to a particular cell (A1) in Sheet1. I have linked cell (B2) in Sheet 2 to the red colored cell (A1) in Sheet1 (i.e. =+Sheet1!A1). The cell value (A1) on Sheet1 transfers to the cell (B2) in Sheet2, however the color (red) does not transfer to cell (B2) in Sheet2. I want the cell value and the color (red) to transfer from cell (A1) Sheet1 to the cell (B2) in Sheet2. Is there a way to get the cell formatting/color to transfer along with the cell values from one linked cell to ...

Conditional Formatting: Fill Cell if Formula Overwritten
Dear all, Cell A1 contains a formula. How would I go about conditonally formatting A1 such that the cell will be filled if the formula is overwritten by a hard number? Thanks in advance, Neil Any reason not to lock the cell and use worksheet protection to keep people from accidentally overtyping the formula? Here's one option, I'm sure there will be others. Start in your cell of concern (lets use A1), it has a formula in it such as =A2+B3 In another cell somewhere put in the same formula, but subtract 1 from the result as: =A2+B3-1 Let's say that ...

data space
i found that strange. i checked properties in admin. and found this under general- size- 202 mb space available 0.00 mb usage 100% my data base size should be 2 gig. my space available is saying 0mb yet the program is not shuting down. it continues to save journals and sales data. Can anyone help because that is starnge to me or am i reading something wrong. i am running ver. 1.3. what is also strange to me is that the size of the data base is decreasing. Can someone help. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_Nex...

space #4
i am downloading data from a program and pasting it to EXCEL. there are times when in certain cells a small box appears which I believe represents a space or who is ever entering the data hitting ENTER. Is there a way to remove this from all the cells? Select the import, do edit>replace, put the cursor in the find what box, hold down alt key while typing 010 on the numeric keypad, release alt key; Leave replace with blank or put a space there, click replace all. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "frank" wrote: > i am downloading data from a program and pasting it to > EXCE...

Running on low free space
That little monster alert keeps popping up every two minutes when I am on the console. I have gotten it so that I have 161 MB of free space, but when I start to do a virus pattern update with Trend Micro it drops down to about 45 mbytes, and the update craps out with a statement that the update is 80 per cent and the action is uncompleted. What can I do to get more free disk space from this hog. There is 18 Gigs in the system partition and I am at SP1, and not going any further. Can I get rid of all the uninstall points related to KB? There are three log files that are rea...

COleDateTime Format
How can I format a COleDateTime so it appears in Long Format but without the seconds (this needs to run in the current local) For example "%#c" give me something like Friday February 24th 2003, 10:34:00 and what I want is Friday February 24th 2003, 10:34 Any ideas please? -- Michael Tissington http://www.tabtag.com http://www.oaklodge.com Try the following COleDateTime dtCurrentDate ( COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime() ); AfxMessageBox( dtCurrentDate .Format( TEXT("%A %B %d, %Y %H:%M") ) ); -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] -----------------------...

How to save worksheet in .cvs format?
I'm need to save a worksheet to .cvs or .txt format but the drop down menu for Save As does not include these options. Any help? Thanks. What version of Excel. 2003 has those options (Save As type). Did you use the down arrows to scroll down? Carole O "Carlannie" wrote: > I'm need to save a worksheet to .cvs or .txt format but the drop down menu > for Save As does not include these options. Any help? Thanks. ...

Auto Sum + Conditional Formatting
I would like to take one cell and have it with the Auto Sum feature. Here's the catch: I have applied a simple Conditional Formatting to a number of cells. The formatting is setup for blank formatting: equal to ="" There is nothing between the quotes, which tells the formatting that if there isnt anything in the cell, then give the cell a color. If ANY value is placed in the cell, take away the color. So with that said, is there a way to have the Auto Sum feature add up those cells and tell me how many that are left that need a value? For example, if there are 60 cells to...

Conditional Formatting in Excel 2007
Hi all- Can someone give me detailed directions on how to format a column so that the cells with 4's in them are highlighted yellow, the cells with 5's in them are red and the cells with 6's are blue. I have tried using the wizard but the numbers 1-3 get highlighted also. Thanks in advance. LabLawrence Select the cells Open the Conditional Format dialog, use Highlight Rules -> Equal To; in the left had box enter 4, in the right-hand select a colour combination as needed Repeat for 5. best wishes -- Bernard Liengme http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme Microso...

DataSet.ReadXml Method does not read/load space
Hello, There is a space(as a data) in one of the columns. And i save my DataTable as a xml file using DataSet. I used DataSet.WriteXml method to save as a xml file. Now if I read that .xml file using DataSet.ReadXml method,it removes space in that DataTable. Any idea...? This does not work in Visual Studio .NET 2003. If I execute this in VS .Net 2005, it works. I must make it work in VS 2003. Here there is a sample that does not work in VS NET 2003: ________________________________________________________________________________ DataTable dbTable = new DataTable(); ...

prob with conditional formatting formula
I am basically familiar with Excel 2000 but still a novice. This is th formula that I am trying to conditional format. =IF(SUM(B7:K7)=0,N6+M7-T7,(SUM(B7:K7)+M7+N6-T7)). If after seeing thi so far, your surprised that it works so am I. B7 through K7 ar various income columns. N6 is the previous CASH balance, M7 is anothe cash income column which is not taxed and T7 is a CASH payout column. Question - How do I write the formula in Cond. Format. to show a blan or invisible entry in column N6 if there is no activity in B7:K7 or M7 T7. I can only get part way there with =IF(SUM(B7:K7)=0,N6). ...

Multiple Column Conditional Formatting
Hi, I'm needing some help with performing a multiple column condition formatting. I have tried many "forumula is" in the conditional formatting with no success. I'm missing something. What I would like to have happen is, if the 2 conditions are true then I want the field to be color filled. Example: if the numeric value in k2>10 and the numeric value F2>100 then I would like cell K2 to be filled in red. Many thanks for your help Colleen one way: Select K2: CF1: Formula is =AND(K2>10,F2>100) Format1: <patterns>/Red In article &...

Automatic formatting of minimum/maximum value in a range.
I want that if I select a range of numbers the minimum or maximum should be selected by a single command How about cond. formatting? 1. Select the range. 2. Go to Format > Conditional Formatting 3. Select "Formula Is" and copy in this: =OR(INDIRECT("rc",0)=MAX(rng),INDIRECT("rc",0)=MIN(rng)) where "rng" is a defined name for your range. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I want that if I select a range of numbers the minimum or maximum should be >selected by a single command >. > What do you want to do with t...

change a text format to number format
I need to link to someone elses table but they have used a different format type for a field called ACCOUNT. I am a beginner and do not know how to write SQL but I was wondering if it is possible to use an update query to change a text field in this situation into a number format. I am trying to run a mismatch query on this table with another table in my database that has a field called ACCOUNT but my table has a number format. I am trying to come up with a list of ACCOUNT numbers that are common in both tables. Thank you in advance for any direction you can provide Let...