Auto suggest

One of the features i like from Open Office, is the auto-suggest /
auto-complete word as you type. Say for example i type accommo the program
will show accommodation as an option and i just hit enter to make the choice
accepted.

Can Word do this too?

It could through Word2003, and it's been reported that the feature was
restored in Word2010.

Although if you've already gotten as far as "accommo," that particular
AutoCorrect doesn't do you much good, since in that word it's the
number of c's and m's that's tricky, and how would it know whether you
wanted "accommodate" or "accommodation" (or any other form of the
word)?

On Jun 5, 9:26=A0am, Daniel <Dan...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> One of the features i like from Open Office, is the auto-suggest /
> auto-complete word as you type. Say for example i type accommo the progra=
> will show accommodation as an option and i just hit enter to make the cho=
ice
> accepted.
>
> Can Word do this too?

0
Peter
6/5/2010 2:55:18 PM
If you mean that you want Word to suggest words previously typed (similar to how
your web browser may suggest previous sites as you type into the address field),
then no, Word doesn't support that.

What you can do is make use of Word's AutoCorrect feature to replace a
particular combination of characters with another combination of characters. For
example, you can instruct Word to replace "acco" with "accommodation."

Note that AutoCorrect isn't limited to single words; you can create a
"formatted" AutoCorrect entry to insert virtually anything: one or more
paragraphs of text, a table, a text box, and so forth.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> One of the features i like from Open Office, is the auto-suggest /
> auto-complete word as you type. Say for example i type accommo the program
> will show accommodation as an option and i just hit enter to make the choice
> accepted.
>
> Can Word do this too?

0
Stefan
6/5/2010 5:42:20 PM
I think what Daniel is suggesting is the kind of "predictive text"
that's common on cell phones. Word does not have that feature,
although it has been requested before.

There are several differences between predictive text and AutoCorrect.
For example, predictive text works from a built-in dictionary that
includes usage frequency data, and continues to suggest different
words as you add more letters to the text on the screen. AutoCorrect
starts with a limited vocabulary and lets you add more entries,
including "nonsense" aliases for extended text and/or graphics; and it
inserts its value in the document only when you type a space or
punctuation to indicate that you've completed your "word".

Frankly, I'm surprised that Word 2010 doesn't have some kind of
predictive typing feature, and I think it would be a great one for
Office 15.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 19:44:55 +0200, "Stefan Blom"
<StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>If you mean that you want Word to suggest words previously typed (similar to how
>your web browser may suggest previous sites as you type into the address field),
>then no, Word doesn't support that.
>
>What you can do is make use of Word's AutoCorrect feature to replace a
>particular combination of characters with another combination of characters. For
>example, you can instruct Word to replace "acco" with "accommodation."
>
>Note that AutoCorrect isn't limited to single words; you can create a
>"formatted" AutoCorrect entry to insert virtually anything: one or more
>paragraphs of text, a table, a text box, and so forth.
>
>--
>Stefan Blom
>Microsoft Word MVP
>

>"Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> One of the features i like from Open Office, is the auto-suggest /
>> auto-complete word as you type. Say for example i type accommo the program
>> will show accommodation as an option and i just hit enter to make the choice
>> accepted.
>>
>> Can Word do this too?

0
Jay
6/5/2010 6:34:38 PM
"Jay Freedman" <jay.freedman@verizon.net> wrote in message
>I think what Daniel is suggesting is the kind of "predictive text"
> that's common on cell phones.

OK, that's a far better analogy than the one I tried to use. :-)

> Word does not have that feature, although it has been requested before.
>
> There are several differences between predictive text and AutoCorrect.
> For example, predictive text works from a built-in dictionary that
> includes usage frequency data, and continues to suggest different
> words as you add more letters to the text on the screen. AutoCorrect
> starts with a limited vocabulary and lets you add more entries,
> including "nonsense" aliases for extended text and/or graphics; and it
> inserts its value in the document only when you type a space or
> punctuation to indicate that you've completed your "word".
>
> Frankly, I'm surprised that Word 2010 doesn't have some kind of
> predictive typing feature, and I think it would be a great one for
> Office 15.

Really? Personally, I find "predictive typing" annoying...

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

> Regards,
> Jay Freedman
> Microsoft Word MVP        FAQ: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
> newsgroup so all may benefit.
>
> On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 19:44:55 +0200, "Stefan Blom"
> <StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>If you mean that you want Word to suggest words previously typed (similar to
>>how
>>your web browser may suggest previous sites as you type into the address
>>field),
>>then no, Word doesn't support that.
>>
>>What you can do is make use of Word's AutoCorrect feature to replace a
>>particular combination of characters with another combination of characters.
>>For
>>example, you can instruct Word to replace "acco" with "accommodation."
>>
>>Note that AutoCorrect isn't limited to single words; you can create a
>>"formatted" AutoCorrect entry to insert virtually anything: one or more
>>paragraphs of text, a table, a text box, and so forth.
>>
>>--
>>Stefan Blom
>>Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>>"Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> One of the features i like from Open Office, is the auto-suggest /
>>> auto-complete word as you type. Say for example i type accommo the program
>>> will show accommodation as an option and i just hit enter to make the choice
>>> accepted.
>>>
>>> Can Word do this too?

0
Stefan
6/5/2010 6:50:19 PM
Garrison Keillor has (very, very rarely) a slow-talker character whose
hearers try to finish his sentences for him -- and he always goes on
to finish them in a slightly or very different way.

I can see a "predictive text" feature outside the very limited realm
of txting as getting very annoying very quickly.

On Jun 5, 2:34=A0pm, Jay Freedman <jay.freed...@verizon.net> wrote:
> I think what Daniel is suggesting is the kind of "predictive text"
> that's common on cell phones. Word does not have that feature,
> although it has been requested before.
>
> There are several differences between predictive text and AutoCorrect.
> For example, predictive text works from a built-in dictionary that
> includes usage frequency data, and continues to suggest different
> words as you add more letters to the text on the screen. AutoCorrect
> starts with a limited vocabulary and lets you add more entries,
> including "nonsense" aliases for extended text and/or graphics; and it
> inserts its value in the document only when you type a space or
> punctuation to indicate that you've completed your "word".
>
> Frankly, I'm surprised that Word 2010 doesn't have some kind of
> predictive typing feature, and I think it would be a great one for
> Office 15.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jay Freedman
> Microsoft Word MVP =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0FAQ:http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
> newsgroup so all may benefit.
>
> On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 19:44:55 +0200, "Stefan Blom"
>

> <StefanB...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >If you mean that you want Word to suggest words previously typed (simila=
r to how
> >your web browser may suggest previous sites as you type into the address=
 field),
> >then no, Word doesn't support that.
>
> >What you can do is make use of Word's AutoCorrect feature to replace a
> >particular combination of characters with another combination of charact=
ers. For
> >example, you can instruct Word to replace "acco" with "accommodation."
>
> >Note that AutoCorrect isn't limited to single words; you can create a
> >"formatted" AutoCorrect entry to insert virtually anything: one or more
> >paragraphs of text, a table, a text box, and so forth.
>
> >--
> >Stefan Blom
> >Microsoft Word MVP
>
> >"Daniel" <Dan...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> One of the features i like from Open Office, is the auto-suggest /
> >> auto-complete word as you type. Say for example i type accommo the pro=
gram
> >> will show accommodation as an option and i just hit enter to make the =
choice
> >> accepted.
>
> >> Can Word do this too?-
0
Peter
6/5/2010 6:52:31 PM
But surely SMS text language is the language of the future? ;)

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

On Jun 5, 2:34 pm, Jay Freedman <jay.freed...@verizon.net> wrote:
> I think what Daniel is suggesting is the kind of "predictive text"
> that's common on cell phones. Word does not have that feature,
> although it has been requested before.
>
> There are several differences between predictive text and AutoCorrect.
> For example, predictive text works from a built-in dictionary that
> includes usage frequency data, and continues to suggest different
> words as you add more letters to the text on the screen. AutoCorrect
> starts with a limited vocabulary and lets you add more entries,
> including "nonsense" aliases for extended text and/or graphics; and it
> inserts its value in the document only when you type a space or
> punctuation to indicate that you've completed your "word".
>
> Frankly, I'm surprised that Word 2010 doesn't have some kind of
> predictive typing feature, and I think it would be a great one for
> Office 15.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Jay Freedman
> Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
> newsgroup so all may benefit.
>
> On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 19:44:55 +0200, "Stefan Blom"
>

> <StefanB...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >If you mean that you want Word to suggest words previously typed (similar
> >to how
> >your web browser may suggest previous sites as you type into the address
> >field),
> >then no, Word doesn't support that.
>
> >What you can do is make use of Word's AutoCorrect feature to replace a
> >particular combination of characters with another combination of
> >characters. For
> >example, you can instruct Word to replace "acco" with "accommodation."
>
> >Note that AutoCorrect isn't limited to single words; you can create a
> >"formatted" AutoCorrect entry to insert virtually anything: one or more
> >paragraphs of text, a table, a text box, and so forth.
>
> >--
> >Stefan Blom
> >Microsoft Word MVP
>
> >"Daniel" <Dan...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> One of the features i like from Open Office, is the auto-suggest /
> >> auto-complete word as you type. Say for example i type accommo the
> >> program
> >> will show accommodation as an option and i just hit enter to make the
> >> choice
> >> accepted.
>
> >> Can Word do this too?-

0
Graham
6/6/2010 5:59:50 AM
Oh, dear ...

The Welsh linguist and Anglist David Crystal has already published a
couple of small books on such topics (I think Cambridge UP, his most
frequent publisher), worth looking at.

0
Peter
6/6/2010 1:07:33 PM
'Oh dear' doesn't being to cover it :)

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

On Jun 6, 1:59 am, "Graham Mayor" <gma...@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote:
> [...]
>
> > On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 19:44:55 +0200, "Stefan Blom"
>
> > <StefanB...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > >If you mean that you want Word to suggest words previously typed
> > >(similar
> > >to how
> > >your web browser may suggest previous sites as you type into the
> > >address
> > >field),
> > >then no, Word doesn't support that.
>
> > >What you can do is make use of Word's AutoCorrect feature to replace a
> > >particular combination of characters with another combination of
> > >characters. For
> > >example, you can instruct Word to replace "acco" with "accommodation."
>
> > >Note that AutoCorrect isn't limited to single words; you can create a
> > >"formatted" AutoCorrect entry to insert virtually anything: one or more
> > >paragraphs of text, a table, a text box, and so forth.

0
Graham
6/6/2010 1:32:45 PM
<g>

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
> But surely SMS text language is the language of the future? ;)
>
> --
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>
> My web site www.gmayor.com
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Peter T. Daniels" <grammatim@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Garrison Keillor has (very, very rarely) a slow-talker character whose
> hearers try to finish his sentences for him -- and he always goes on
> to finish them in a slightly or very different way.
>
> I can see a "predictive text" feature outside the very limited realm
> of txting as getting very annoying very quickly.
>
> On Jun 5, 2:34 pm, Jay Freedman <jay.freed...@verizon.net> wrote:
>> I think what Daniel is suggesting is the kind of "predictive text"
>> that's common on cell phones. Word does not have that feature,
>> although it has been requested before.
>>
>> There are several differences between predictive text and AutoCorrect.
>> For example, predictive text works from a built-in dictionary that
>> includes usage frequency data, and continues to suggest different
>> words as you add more letters to the text on the screen. AutoCorrect
>> starts with a limited vocabulary and lets you add more entries,
>> including "nonsense" aliases for extended text and/or graphics; and it
>> inserts its value in the document only when you type a space or
>> punctuation to indicate that you've completed your "word".
>>
>> Frankly, I'm surprised that Word 2010 doesn't have some kind of
>> predictive typing feature, and I think it would be a great one for
>> Office 15.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Jay Freedman
>> Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:http://word.mvps.org
>> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
>> newsgroup so all may benefit.
>>
>> On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 19:44:55 +0200, "Stefan Blom"
>>

>> <StefanB...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> >If you mean that you want Word to suggest words previously typed (similar to
>> >how
>> >your web browser may suggest previous sites as you type into the address
>> >field),
>> >then no, Word doesn't support that.
>>
>> >What you can do is make use of Word's AutoCorrect feature to replace a
>> >particular combination of characters with another combination of characters.
>> >For
>> >example, you can instruct Word to replace "acco" with "accommodation."
>>
>> >Note that AutoCorrect isn't limited to single words; you can create a
>> >"formatted" AutoCorrect entry to insert virtually anything: one or more
>> >paragraphs of text, a table, a text box, and so forth.
>>
>> >--
>> >Stefan Blom
>> >Microsoft Word MVP
>>
>> >"Daniel" <Dan...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Stefan
6/6/2010 2:10:34 PM
Yes, like "surely web forums are the support medium of the future".
*Somebody* at Microsoft believes it, and therefore it will happen.
Apparently nothing is too absurd or too annoying to be ruled out.

On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 16:13:31 +0200, "Stefan Blom"
<StefanBlom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

><g>
>
>--
>Stefan Blom
>Microsoft Word MVP
>

>"Graham Mayor" <gmayor@REMOVETHISmvps.org> wrote in message
>> But surely SMS text language is the language of the future? ;)
>>
>> --
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>> Graham Mayor -  Word MVP
>>
>> My web site www.gmayor.com
>> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
>> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>>

>> "Peter T. Daniels" <grammatim@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Garrison Keillor has (very, very rarely) a slow-talker character whose
>> hearers try to finish his sentences for him -- and he always goes on
>> to finish them in a slightly or very different way.
>>
>> I can see a "predictive text" feature outside the very limited realm
>> of txting as getting very annoying very quickly.
>>
>> On Jun 5, 2:34 pm, Jay Freedman <jay.freed...@verizon.net> wrote:
>>> I think what Daniel is suggesting is the kind of "predictive text"
>>> that's common on cell phones. Word does not have that feature,
>>> although it has been requested before.
>>>
>>> There are several differences between predictive text and AutoCorrect.
>>> For example, predictive text works from a built-in dictionary that
>>> includes usage frequency data, and continues to suggest different
>>> words as you add more letters to the text on the screen. AutoCorrect
>>> starts with a limited vocabulary and lets you add more entries,
>>> including "nonsense" aliases for extended text and/or graphics; and it
>>> inserts its value in the document only when you type a space or
>>> punctuation to indicate that you've completed your "word".
>>>
>>> Frankly, I'm surprised that Word 2010 doesn't have some kind of
>>> predictive typing feature, and I think it would be a great one for
>>> Office 15.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Jay Freedman
>>> Microsoft Word MVP FAQ:http://word.mvps.org
>>> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
>>> newsgroup so all may benefit.

0
Jay

Out of Office auto-reply
If I turn on my Out of Office auto-reply and then someone sends an email to a distribution list that I'm a member of, will my Out of Office reply get sent to that person? If they are internal to your exchange organization, yes. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, AlfredCM asked: | If I turn on my Out of Office auto-reply and then someone sends an | email to a distribution lis...

How to remove suggested emails from auto-fill?
When typing in a name in the To: field outlook starts showing suggested emails that can be selected as you type. When one of those suggested emails is not valid anymore, how can it be removed so outlook does not try to auto-fill it? Is there a cache somewhere to remove this from? Use your arrow key to scroll to the unwanted email address and you can: a) press the Delete key b) right-click and scroll to select Delete "Steve1973" <Steve1973@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF00D02B-F39C-4491-AA6B-A474DCD7725E@microsoft.com... > When typing in...

Auto moving cells #2
We use Excel 2002 XP at work, and im trying to find out if its possible to get excel to auto move a cell to the next column. The spread sheet is setout with 5 columns and is about 20 rows down. Each cell has a number in it (which is the number of each till in the store). This gets change quite a few times each week and as they are all in alphabetical order, if a number needs adding or removed, we have to keep doing it buy insert shit cells down etc, then the problem is since its only 20 rows down 1 cell will move on to row 21. Would it be possible to make excel auto maticall move this cell...

Excel Chart Plot Area Auto Size
In Excel 2003 I'm creating a very simple area chart with a legend placed to the right of the plot area. If I move the legend to say bottom of the plot area (right mouse click and "Format Legend/Placement/Bottom") the plot area itself automatically resizes to maximise the visibility. This is good news for me. The problem occurs when the plot area has been manually resized (using the mouse). When the legend is now moved it only resizes the plot area if it overlaps with the legend. This is bad news for me because it doesn't maximise the possible size for the plot area. ...

Auto Resend...
Good afternoon all, I am running OUTLOOK 2003 with BCM. I am looking for a simplistic way to resend emails. Let me explain. I sent out an email with a number of my contacts BCC'd. In a weeks time, i was wanting to send the same information again and not after that. Only two emails is all I want to send. I want it to still be BCC'd aside from my email and name of course. Is there a way to do this for a novice like myself? Thanks in advance, Sam Create a template or custom form to use for the messages. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.n...

Re: Suggest Name Now Not Working
"Karl Burrows" <kfb1@spambellsouth.net> wrote in message news:... > My bad, it's the automatic name checking I use, not the suggest name. I get > confused between the two. Name checking is the one you get the red or green > underline squiggle to right-click and complete the email address. > > It's been a long week! > > PS Just got your Outlook Programming book. > > "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message > news:OIBsc8XgEHA.3864@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > Did you check your setting in T...

How to auto forward the incoming msg's
PLz reply Plz give details of what you're looking for. You've posted this request to a newsgroup that deals with Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. Somehow I doubt that your question is intended to be related to Access: it sounds to me like it's for Outlook, Outlook Express, or some other mail client. Assuming I'm correct, you'd be best off reposting to a more appropriate newsgroup. And, as I already said, give details of what you're looking for (and what product you're using, on what operating system) -- Doug Steele, Mic...

I can't navigate my sheet with my arrow keys. suggestions?
When I press left or right ... my cursur cell does not move from A1 to B1, but rather just my sheet view just shifts. Any suggestions? Is this a num lock deal? It's a Scroll Lock deal ...

How2prevent excel from auto formating n auto aplying formula 2a cell when opening CSV
Hi, I have this problem of mine that troubled me for days. You see, i have a CSV file which has values like : "3/1","4/2","10-20-2004" when i open the CSV file using excel, excel will automatically conver the values to be like: 3-1-2004 4-1-2004 10-20-2004 the 10-20-2004 is okay since it is really a date but the 3/1 and 4/ are not dates and are not any form of equation. i just want excel to display them as exactly as seen in the CSV file. so i tried to right click on the rows for both 3/1 and 4/2 and selecte "Format Cells". Inside the "Forma...

How do I stop a spreadsheet from Auto-publishing as a web page?
A colleague has taken a copy of a Excel file which was set to automatically publish as a web page each time the xls was saved. The copy is in a completely different location and is going to be put to a different use, however it is still trying to auto-publish when saved. Consequently, it is coming up with an error. The error dialog has 'dont show me this again' type checkbox, but I'd rather remove the problem rather than hide it. How do I stop the auto-publishing? Thanks Chris ...

canceling auto date update
I use excel to create invoices. When I open up old invoices, th original date changes to today's date. How do I stop this auto updat function? Thanks -- unexcelle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- unexceller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3521 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54978 Hi The cell where the date appears probably has the formula =TODAY() or =NOW() which automatically recalculate when the sheet is opened. Delete the formula and replace it with the date ...

Money 2004, Citibank, Auto Update Stopped Working
Hi I use Money 2004 Dlx to download transactions from my Citibank Credit card accounts. It was working perfectly fine till last month. Now, Money is not able to download the transactions from one account. Interestingly, it has no problem downloading the transactions from other account. BTW, both accounts have different user ID's. I tried to solve this issue thru "modify services". It does connect to my account as it detects the right CC number, but nothing happens after that. I would really appreciate your suggesions to solve this issue. Thanks In microsoft.public.m...

Enable Auto Refresh Excel 2003
I have seen this posted a few times with no definitive answer. Every time I open a spreadsheet with a linked Access database, I am always prompted if I want to enable auto refresh or disable. If I click enable, it still prompts me every time I open the file. How can I get this to quit asking me for every workbook I have linked to external sources? Thanks!! ...

Change order names are presented in Auto-complete
When I type a name into the "To" line, auto-complete offers suggestions assuming that I am typing the first name. I have 100's of names and would prefer to have them listed by last name first as they are in the address-book and Contacts list. Is it possible to have Auto-complete organized by last name first? Thanks. Bob S <BobS@nospam.com> wrote: > When I type a name into the "To" line, auto-complete offers > suggestions assuming that I am typing the first name. I have 100's > of names and would prefer to have them listed by last name first as ...

auto fill .Item.From
We have OfficeXP, OutLook2002 and OfficeXP. I would like to auto fill the From field. I can auto fill mailenvelope.item.to and mailenvelope.item.subject, but trying to auto fill mailenvelope.item.From gives an error msg: '...doesn't support this property or method'. I have been delegated permissions for this person so that is not the issue. Any thoughts? Thanks. ...

Excel
Hi, I want to set up an excel ssheet to automatically pull price data from a website into a cell. Furthermore, each day I want the new price to be added into the next available cell down from yesterday's update, in order for me to keep a historical record and graph it. Eg. on 2 Jan I want the script to update the gold price from http://www.kitco.com/market/ to cell B5 and save. On 3 Jan I want it to update the price into cell B6 and save, without overwriting B5, and so on. Is this possible (using a macro or something), and if so what must I do. Please provide easy to ...

CRM 4.0 Auto-fill Error
When I type the first few letters in the lookup field and the "more than one match" list comes up, if I select Look up more records (at the bottom of the list) it gives me an Error everytime. Is anyone else having this problem? Has anyone resolved it? Thank you, Suzy ...

Auto Calculation
We use Excel 2003 a lot on our server. Recently we have started to find speadsheets with auto calcualtion switched to manual. My questions are how can this option be switched on i.e. does it come from a template. Is there an easy way to find all occurrances of spreadsheets with this indicator swtched to manual. Finally, anyway of overriding the manual indicator so that automatic calculation so it is always switched on... many thanks for your assistance with this... Peter -- Mahprr ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Mahprr's Profile: http://www.ex...

Resummit auto update
I poated this question earlier and received one response that did not help, probally because I did not include enough information. I have several spreadsheets that update from a common input sheet to monitor a wastewater plants yearly process control. At the end of the year I saveas 2009 break links so I could start 2010. I wiped out the data on the input sheet and started over. The problem is now when you open one of the sheets that draw from the input sheet it tells me this workbook contains one or more links that could not be updated. When my coworkers try to open it says auto...

Exhange 2003 Auto Purge Specific Emails
I currently have Exchange 2003 running on my server. I have a system that tags all spam emails with "[SPAM]" in the subject line of the email. Is there a way to have Exchange automatically purge all emails with "[SPAM]" in the subject line on a daily basis? Thanks for any help... rb Thank you for the reply...but did you forget to post the the link you referred to? rb Omer maydan wrote: > you can use the exchange 2003 mailbox management process, to automaticlly > isolate and delete specific emails from mailboxes, at a pre-defined > schedaule. look at this link...

stop it from auto filling
When using the chart wizard, I have column A sports a list of dates. Quarter ending dates from 03/1988 to 09/2004. I have deleted many dates that are no longer needed. When making a chart Axis X labels. It automatically fills in all the dates previously deleted in the chart. How can I stop it from auto filling in those obsolete dates? Thank You The x-axis has defaulted to a time-scale. To change the setting: Select the chart Choose Chart>Options Select the Axes tab For Category (X) axis, choose Category, click OK Shorty wrote: > When using the chart wizard, I have column A sp...

Auto-create activity from Mobile
Hi all, We have CRM 4.0 Roll Up 7. We are looking for a solution that offers advanced mobile integration to CRM. We would like the mobile client to auto-generate an Activity in CRM whenever a phone call is made to a CRM contact. Has anyone done this? //Johan Johan; There are a few vendors that offer good mobile solutions. I know for certain that MobileAccess from Ten Digits (http://www.tendigits.com/) has that specific feature. Dave Ireland "Jobro" <Jobro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F1B3A1D-E23E-4E49-933F-B221C0DD1ECE@microsoft.com... >...

Auto change formula in cells when source is changed
Good day experts; If specific cells have the same formula for example: C1 = Product( A1;B1) C16 = Product(A16;B16) C17= Product(A17;B17) And so on ... What formula should i write in C16, C17, ... so that: when the formula in the source cell, C1, is changed the formulas in C16, C17, ... would automatically change accordingly. I tried "=C1" it does not work Thanks in advance Carlo carlo wrote: > Good day experts; > > If specific cells have the same formula for example: > C1 = Product( A1;B1) > C16 = Product(A16;B16) > C17= Product(A17;B17) > And so on ... ...

Auto Row Height problem
One column of my worksheet is a Description column containing text (sometimes several sentences). It has been edited many times. When I select the entire worksheet and select Format, Row, AutoFit, some of the rows get the proper height but many either get one extra line added (no, there is not an extra return in the cells) or some of the text gets cut off (hidden below the bottom border). I currently have to check every row of this 20 page document to ensure the row heights are correct - is there a better way to adjust the row heights? (I am using Excel 2000 and 2002.) TIA, Vivian Carroll ...

auto correct option under proof reading is not available to select
when i go into mail format and select proof reading I can not select any option other than auto correct select text when you type. the other options are grey and not available. i need to put on auto capital etc for emailing What version of Outlook? Was it installed as part of a suite? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO...