APA conversion

I have a paper with bibliography that is not APA.  I need to convert them
into APA format.  How do I copy and past my information so I could create an
APA formatted bib without typing all my bib over again?

file conversion #3
I have just had my PC formatted and I have money backed up however I cannot reload money 2000 as I have lost the disk so I have just bought 2003 to load on and then restore my backups - wanted to make sure that this was going to work. I would copy the backups to the hard disk for safety and then use File > Restore Backup. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:096601c3db34$163aa3f0$a1...

Lead conversion question
Is there a way to convert a lead (which has an individual name along with a company name) into an Account and convert the individual name into a contact in one step? On Aug 10, 10:58 am, Russell Brandford <RussellBrandf...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to convert a lead (which has an individual name along with a > company name) into an Account and convert the individual name into a contact > in one step? I assume by one step you just want to have a button that will create both an Account and Contact entity with one click, correct? You'll have to writ...

Arranged By: Conversation problem
Hello, I am subscribing to several mailing lists. All messages from these lists have a subject prefixed by "[listname] ", e.g. "[vlc-devel] Re: Memory leaks". I'd like to use Outlooks "Arranged by conversation" feature, but Outlook gets confused by the prefix. In an attempt to solve this problem, I wrote a little script which removes the prefix from the subject: Sub vlcdevel(Item As Outlook.MailItem) Item.Subject = Right(Item.Subject, Len(Item.Subject)-Len("[vlc-devel] ")) Item.Save End Sub I applied this script by using the email ...

Why does this date conversion number work?
Hello i had a little problem.... Excel sees a certain date as a date however has the wrong month/day order: 06/09/2004 sees excel as a date: 6 september, however i mean it to be june.... Function Datum_mmddyy(datum As Date) As Date Datum_mmddyy = Format(datum, "dd/mm/yyyy") End Function I now have this function and it actually works in converting th date... i don't quite understand why though haha as it is formatting.. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi some ideas: - check your regional settings for the default date format - preformat the cell with the ...

conversion from Money 2000
Hello, I am trying to transfer my Money 2000 data to the new Money 2004 that I bought. I have deleted all of my Money backups and Money 2000 from my computer before I installed Money 2004 (I know that was stupid). I have my floppy disc backup from my Money 2000 file. When I try to restore backup from this disk to Money 2004, it says that it is corrupt? Am I doing something wrong or will I have to start over and put all new accounts in Money 2004? Thanks, Stacy In microsoft.public.money, Stacy Hazelwood wrote: >Hello, I am trying to transfer my Money 2000 data to the >new Mon...

Access 97 to 2000 conversion problems 08-20-03
Hi, I have a database (based in access 97) which is accessed across multi-sites on a 'read only' basis. One site has now upgraded to 2000, however they can no longer access the database. I think the problem is that access 2000 will automatically offer them the opportunity to upgrade the database to access 2000 under normal circumstances, however because the users only have read-only access this creates an error messsage. Does anyone know a work around whereby the access 2000 users can access the db on read- only without me giving them full permissions. Thanks Tom ...

Merge split up threads in conversation view?
Hi all, I use the conversation view in Outlook 2003 for a high volume mailing list. Quite often Outlook seems to loose some parts of a thread and opens a new conversation for it. Is there a way to make Outlook aware of to which thread I want the messages belong to? I have tried to adjust the subject of the mails if they where different but without success. Also drag and drop does not work. Is there another way to force some messages into an existing conversation? Best regards, Reiner. No. Outlook uses index properties that some mail clients remove so it starts a new conversation. -- ...

Excel 2003 - VBA?
Hi guys: I am pulling data from a db where the time comes to me in text ( 12/9/2008 11:41 AM EST ) . How do I force this into the excel format for date and time? Best regards, Craig You just have to get rid of the EST part, using the RIGHT() function. Then multiply by 1 and format as Date/Time. If the number of spaces varies, it gets more tricky. If that is the case, post again in this same thread. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Craig Brandt" <brandtcraig@att.net> wrote in message news:0GS%k.11081$ZP4.4967@nlpi067.nbdc.sbc.com... > Hi guys:...

msaccess to mssql server automatic query conversion
Hi all, is there any tool which is capable to convert query initially written for msaccess database to query for mssql server. I have tons of queries which contains iif, trim and similar functions which should be converted to case, ltrim(rtrim(, etc. etc. Does anyone know for tool which could do that automatically? Thanks in advance, Anabella I doubt that there is such a tool, but this one might be good enough: http://www.ssw.com.au/ssw/UpsizingPRO/ Try to get a demo to check several of your queries first, just to make sure that it will work for you. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP Microsoft...

How do I set up currency conversion in Excel?
Living in UK, for some reason I appear to have only the Euro currency convertor on Excel 2002. I need to convert £GBP costs into $USD. I cannot find a download. Does any body know of a 'quick-fix' or of a macro that will do the task? Thanking you in anticipation. There are 2 options I can think of. 1) Create a formula that does the conversion. example £ to USD =A1*A2 where A1 contains £ and A2 contains the converstion rate say 0.60 =.6 £1 coverts to 0.6USD 2) Enter this code into a new module, select the range and then run the ma...

After conversion, filter forms will not populate
I successfully (with the help of experts from another newsgroup) converted some of my databases from A97 to A2002 in a Windows 2000 environment. All seems to work well after installing the DAO 3.6 library, and compiling my code in the A2002 version. However, when my users use filter by form functions (in a form or query), some fields populate with the existing values when the lookup button is activated, but other will not. It worked fine in A97. The only real change in the converted database is that I split the database in FE and BE, but this shouldn't be the cause. Users now have to type ...

Lead Batch Conversion to Contacts and Opportunities
Has anyone come across a solution for running a bult conversion process of leads to contacts, and opportunities? For example, I am importing a bunch of leads. Instead of going on by one and converting these leads to contacts and opps I want to do it in batch. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help! ...

Money 99 File Conversion
MS Money 2004 is locking up when I try and convert my Money '99 files over. This is on a new computer. Dell is telling me that the '99 files are not compatable with Money 2004. Is this true? Has anyone else had these problems? In microsoft.public.money, MChaffee wrote: >MS Money 2004 is locking up when I try and convert my Money '99 files over. >This is on a new computer. Dell is telling me that the '99 files are not >compatable with Money 2004. Is this true? Has anyone else had these problems? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1 ...

Money file conversion on new install
I'm stumped. I've used Money Deluxe 04 without any problems. Downloaded the Money Deluxe 05 trial version and used it for a month with no problems. And now I just bought the Deluxe 05 version, installed it, but when it first comes up, it says it needs to convert "My Money" file for use, but then it says "Money cannot locate My Money or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk drive is write protected. " Its not read only and when I try to restore the back up version, I get the same err...

pdf file conversion probs in 2007beta
When i convert an excel page into a pdf i get corrupted scripts etc ie italic changes completely. Does anyone else have the same problem? Is it because it is a beta version? Is there a cure? When using excel 2003 i have no problems. Ta It is almost certainly a beta issue but, because of an issue between MS and Adobe, it won't be in next bet or the RTM version, so you are unlikely to get a fix -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS www.nickhodge.co.uk "solecfrance" <solecfrance@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

WORD needs a 1st-3rd/3rd to 1st person conversion feature.
Fiction writers and journalists constantly switch from first person (I) to third (he/she) while editing. Search and replace doesn't help completely. It's pure mechanics and should be automated - let the computer do this drudgery. I hoped it would be added to WORD 2007 but it's not there. Is there an add-on? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to ...

regional conversion of excel to .csv
Hello, I have a database that with US regional settings will export to an excel spreadsheet in .CSV format multiple column headings. The spreadsheet will have 3 column headings of | Location | Device | Quantity | But when I switch to a European regional setting such as Germany, the export in .CSV format converts the data into a single column. The spreadsheet will ahve 1 column displayed with | Location,Device,Quantity | Is there a setting or a way to change this conversion from a single column to multiple columns to mirror the US regional settings. I can not upload the resulting .CS...

Confusion over Conversation view
Hi I am using the Arrange by>Conversation option in my Outlook 2003 Inbox. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/assistance/HA011356671033.aspx it shows 'entire conversations' in a drop-down tree. But how is this possible? All my messages from the conversation are stored over in the Sent Items folder, not Inbox, therefore I don't see the 'entire conversation', I only see the other people's replies. Am I missing something? How is this normally achieved, so one can see the whole thread - sent and received? -- Thanks, CJSnet Try Google Quik-e-search´┐Ż at www....

Help!. Conversion of XML to data objects
I have some XML data which I wish to relate to existing classes, but data does not map exactly so serialsation will not work, the other consideration is that some of the XML data will need transposing during the convertion. My considerations are to either use :- 1.) XSLT initially carry out the converstion so converting some of the data ( space and comma seperated pairs into alist of points) and the go to the required data objects, or 2.) using XLINQ in someway to convert from the XML file to the objects. Does anybody have any advice on the better of the methods, or any alterantives. ...

View conversation containg unread message/s
Is there any way to set a view to make Outlook 2007 show whole conversations/threads containing one or more unread messages? I can show just the unread messages in a folder easily, of course, but can't find a way to make Outlook show the whole conversation whilst hiding all other conversations. -- Regards, Bob No, you can either show all unreads or all conversations but not only conversations with unreads. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook T...

outlook 2007 undocumented feature: tracked conversations
i am posting this after having scoured the web and microsoft's help resources to no avail looking for an explanation for the following label at the top of my emails in Outlook 2007 (running on XP): "This message is part of a tracked conversation. Click here to find all related messages or to open the original flagged message." My best guess is that this is a (undocumented) feature that informs the user that the message is part of something they have been paying attention to that was flagged earlier. I would like to know if this would still show up if the message flag was chang...

Entry conversion
Hello, I have a web page that I want to convert to an Excel spread sheet. In it there is a table that contains ID#s. An example of one of the ID#s is 03-2254, which Excel converts to "Mar-54". Is there a way for me to keep the ID#s as is and not have them converted into some sort of a date? (All ID#s start with 03 or 04, followed by a hyphen, then two to five numbers.) Thank you in advance, Ellen Format your cell as Text and your entry will remain as is. Ellen Wrote: > Hello, > I have a web page that I want to convert to an Excel spread sheet. I > it > ther...

VB 6.0 to Access 2000 code conversion
I everybody, i'm trying to convert my Visual Basic 6.0 code, forms, etc. to an Access 2000 database. Is there a automatic converter ? Anyone knows ? Thanks ! Not really. Tony Toews lists some products that purport to be able to do this at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/accesstovb.htm but the general consensus is that they do an incomplete job at best. There are simply too many differences in the controls available for VB forms vs. those available for Access forms. In general, you're going to be better off recreating the forms manually. (You can, of course, simply copy-and-paste ...

How to get conversation text from MSN Messenger 6.0
The new MSN Messenger 6.0 is using a DirectUIHWND class. I assume it's an owner-drawn list box and tried EM_GETTEXT, WM_GETTEXT, LB_GETTEXT and even SB_GETTEXT, all failed. Tried clipboard, failed too. Do you have any idea or guidance as how to approach this one? Thanks!!!!! ...

PS/nVision was unable to initiate a DDE conversation with Microsoft Excel.
How do I fix this error message ...