All Task bars gone How do I get them back?

All of a sudden the other day everything at the top of my screen disappeared.
  I can load my word documents by searching my files and double clicking on
the name but I can not  Open a document inside word.  I have never seen
anything like this where all the buttons for using Word are gone.  How do I
get them back.

http://www.gmayor.com/my_toolbars_are_missing.htm or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Bill E" <BillE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All of a sudden the other day everything at the top of my screen
> disappeared.
>  I can load my word documents by searching my files and double clicking on
> the name but I can not  Open a document inside word.  I have never seen
> anything like this where all the buttons for using Word are gone.  How do
> get them back.

0
Graham
1/29/2010 3:28:17 PM
If you are using Word 2007, first make sure that you haven't simply
minimized the ribbon; if you can see Home, Insert, Page Layout, and so on,
click one of these text labels to see the full ribbon tab. To restore the
usual look, you can right-click a tab and, on the context menu, deselect the
Minimize the Ribbon option.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Bill E" <BillE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All of a sudden the other day everything at the top of my screen
> disappeared.
>  I can load my word documents by searching my files and double clicking on
> the name but I can not  Open a document inside word.  I have never seen
> anything like this where all the buttons for using Word are gone.  How do
> get them back.

0
Stefan
1/29/2010 4:50:31 PM

"Bill E" wrote:

> All of a sudden the other day everything at the top of my screen disappeared.
>   I can load my word documents by searching my files and double clicking on
> the name but I can not  Open a document inside word.  I have never seen
> anything like this where all the buttons for using Word are gone.  How do I
> get them back.
Stefan,  thanks for getting back to me.  I am using Word 2003 and i can not
see any of these click on points.

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
http://word.mvps.org

"Bill E" <BillE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> All of a sudden the other day everything at the top of my screen
> disappeared.
>  I can load my word documents by searching my files and double clicking on
> the name but I can not  Open a document inside word.  I have never seen
> anything like this where all the buttons for using Word are gone.  How do
> get them back.

0
Suzanne
1/29/2010 6:36:19 PM
Then see Suzanne's reply.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

> Stefan,  thanks for getting back to me.  I am using Word 2003 and i can
> not
> see any of these click on points.
>
> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
>> If you are using Word 2007, first make sure that you haven't simply
>> minimized the ribbon; if you can see Home, Insert, Page Layout, and so
>> on,
>> click one of these text labels to see the full ribbon tab. To restore the
>> usual look, you can right-click a tab and, on the context menu, deselect
>> the
>> Minimize the Ribbon option.
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "Bill E" <BillE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > All of a sudden the other day everything at the top of my screen
>> > disappeared.
>> >  I can load my word documents by searching my files and double clicking
>> > on
>> > the name but I can not  Open a document inside word.  I have never seen
>> > anything like this where all the buttons for using Word are gone.  How
>> > do
>> > get them back.
>>

>> .

0
Stefan

every time i use MSOutlook i get an error report wheni close it
just upgraded to Windows XP now i keep getting error signs and also have something called Photo Gallery tring to install .it ask's for a disc? Help Please Try making a new profile in outlook. No idea on the other problem - we only know outlook here. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mai...

Get
Hello NG, I have several EditCtrls (without Allow-Return) and a default button. After I input text into one edit control and press <Enter>, the default button's function is started. How do I know in which edit control I have made some input? void CTheDlg::OnBnClickedDefButton() { CWnd* pLastEdit = GetFocus(); // This is the default button } Thanks for help Guido As far as I know, hitting <enter> does not change the focus, so GetFocus() should have done it. However, if that is not what is happening, then you would need to subclass the default button and create a prev...

Getting the id of the person who assigned an opportunityt
I have a workflow which emails sales people when they aree assigned an opportunity - is trhere a way of picking up the name of the person who does the assign - this won't always be the person who created the opportunity Look for the modifiedby field in opportunities. This shows you who last modified the record, so until the assignee makes a change to the opportunity you will be able to see who assigned it to him/her. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Pete" wrote: > I have a workflow which emails sales people when they aree assigned an > opportunity ...

How can get Microsoft Excel on to my p.c
Could someone help me as i do not have a clue as what i need to do all i have been told is that i need Excel to beable to do my spreadsheets. HELP!!! Buy it. -- Regards; Rob ------------------------------------------------------------------------ "Rebecca" <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:63F86D33-FCCE-4BB3-A84C-E259DA855EA6@microsoft.com... > Could someone help me as i do not have a clue as what i need to do all i have > been told is that i need Excel to beable to do my spreadsheets. > HELP!!! Trial versions of Excel are available: ...

Extra characters appear in the formula bar but not in the cell
Extra characters appear in the formula bar but not in the cell not resolved by excel help solution What do you call "Extra Characters" ? How and by whom were they identified !? Micky "sanjiv" wrote: > Extra characters appear in the formula bar but not in the cell not resolved > by excel help solution ...

How do I set up selective synchronization of my contact & task da.
I want to keep my perssonal information away from my work PC, which is connected to the network and using Exchange Server. UAE Sharjah wrote: > I want to keep my perssonal information away from my work PC, which is > connected to the network and using Exchange Server. I am not sure what you're trying to do (or what you mean by synchronization). If you don't want any of your personal info on your work computer, don't use it there at all. UAE Sharjah <UAE Sharjah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to keep my perssonal information away from my work PC, wh...

Get Rich
Take advantage of a great deal ...

How do I add caps lock notification to my Status bar? Help!
In Word, how do I add the caps lock notification to my Status bar? Any help would be greatly appreciated. libralady9 wrote: > In Word, how do I add the caps lock notification to my Status bar? > Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you have Word 2007, right-click anywhere on the status bar and click the Caps Lock item in the menu. The words "Caps Lock" will appear in the status bar if caps lock is turned on, and they'll disappear when caps lock is turned off. For earlier versions of Word, there is no caps lock indicator (I think there was one much e...

Backing up Exch 2003 to a stand-by server (Exmerge + Exprofre)
Hi, I'm currently using Exmerge to export mailboxes from ExchServer1 to ExchServer2 (which will be used in case of ExchServer1 failure). No clustering used. As Exmerge only permits to import to the hosting mailbox server indicated in AD for each user (ExchServer1), I tried to use Exprofre to manually migrate profiles. Although, I added an X500 address containing the DN (CN=user1,CN=Users,DC=xxx,DC=com) for each user, I have the following error: [17:59:43] Erreur: f:\df7408\deployment\src\autoprof\ad.cxx(222): CActiveDirectory::SearchForTheUserProfile() HRESULT=0x5012 The users...

how to add overlay line chart to stacked bar
I'm using Microsoft Excel for Mac OS X. I'm trying to create an overlay chart with a stacked bar with a line over it. I can only get it to do a regular bar chart with a line over it. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! I no longer have a Mac, but you can try the following: 1. Create a stacked column chart from all the data 2. Select the series that you want as a line 3. Choose Chart>Chart Type, and choose the Line chart type, and one of the subtypes 4. Click OK Molly M wrote: > I'm using Microsoft Excel for Mac OS X. I'm trying to create an overlay > chart with ...

Need to convert 2002 back t0 while laptop is fixed
My laptop with Money 2002 died and had to be sent in for service which will probably be about a month. The good news is that I backup up all my data files the day before and burned them to CD. My office machine is running Windows 98 SE and Money 2001 but it will not read the 2002 files. I can't install XP because the machine will not support it. I used a friend's machine and can open my backup file but I don't want to leave my financial data there. Is there some way I can transfer the data to Excel or save it in a backwardly compatible format? I tried to synchronis...

Simple question: How to get web query to NOT overwrite data when it refreshes?
I just figured out how to use web queries and it seems like a very useful tool. However, I need my web query to update a list that changes moment-by-moment on a certain website. I can get the query to run and it collects the data necessary but when I ask it to refresh after five minutes, it REPLACES (overwrites) the data it collected on the first go-around. I would like the web query to collect data, import it into the spreadsheet, wait five minutes, collect data, import it AT THE BOTTOM of the list, wait five minutes, collect data, import it AT THE BOTTOM of the list, etc. instead of simply...

trying to get sheet 1 to recognize and move student names to pg 2
Sheet 1 contains students names in column A in ascending order, columns b thru k are columns which grading numbers of either 1 point or 2 points, column l is the total points of colums b thru k. Sheet 2 contains 5 columns , column a is 17 to 20 points, column b is 13 to 16 points, column c is 9 to 12 points, 5 to 8 points, column d is 5 to 8 points and column e is 0 to 4 points. I need sheet 1 column L to recognize sheet 2 and move the students name from column A in that row to the graph on sheet 2 according to the point system Is this one-time operation? You have only 5 c...

How do I get a cell to show the day of the week when date entered
How do I get a cell to show the day of the week when date entered. Example:A1 = 01/02/2005, A2 should Show Monday or MON. I have Excel 2000. Try this: Select the cell(s) that are impacted Format>Cells>Number tab Category: Custom Type: ddd Returns: Mon, Tue, etc Type: dddd Returns: Monday, Tuesday, etc Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Captain" wrote: > How do I get a cell to show the day of the week when date entered. > Example:A1 = 01/02/2005, A2 should Show Monday or MON. > I have Excel 2000. Captain Wrote: > How do I get a ...

How can delegates get new mail notifications for another user's Inbox?
Hello, Lots of our secretaries are setup as delegates and have added their bosses' Inbox folders to their own folder list. However, they only receive new mail notifications on their own Inbox folders and not their bosses''. How can they get a popup/audible notification when messages arrive in their bosses' Inbox folders? We tried creating a rume but they don't appear to to run automatically on delegate folders? Thanks, - Alan. ...

Getting Excel 2003 to save Custom Toolbars
I want to be able to set my Custom Toolbars to my personal favorite settings and then have Excel save those customized settings forever. Now, whenever I close and re-open Excel 2003 it always reverts back to the default factory settings, and I must spend 5 minutes re-setting them every time!!! It is incredibly frustrating. MIKE MEDLIN MIKEMEDLIN (remove this)@HOTMAIL.COM Mike Manual customizations to Toolbars and Menus are saved in a file named *.XLB XL2000 and 2002 *.xlb file will be in Documents and Settings\yourname\application data\microsoft\Excel and be Excel9.xlb or Excel10.xlb ...

My question gets deleted
Why is my question gets deleted ? I posted twice and it got deleted twice.... I'm getting mad... who has the authority to delete posts in this group ? Julien, Your posts are there. Are you sure your newsgroup reader is not set to hide postes that have already been viewed? Marc "Julien Bonnier" <julien@m0851.com> wrote in message news:OdGmzENGJHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Why is my question gets deleted ? > > > I posted twice and it got deleted twice.... I'm getting mad... who has the > authority to delete posts in this group ? > ...

Getting hex numbers in CString
Hi in my application I've got a byte array and I want to convert this byte array to CString, so that the final string contains the bytes, divided by " " and in hex format (e.g. D4 00 4F E3 etc.). How can this be done Thanks Gordon Gordon Knote wrote: > Hi, > > in my application I've got a byte array and I want to convert this byte array to CString, so that the final string contains the bytes, divided by " " and in hex format (e.g. D4 00 4F E3 etc.). How can this be done? > > Thanks > Gordon The CString Format function can build strings conta...

Only show one Access in the windows task list
I only want to see one occurrence of Access in my windows task list - not one for all open forms. Where do I set that option? -- Diane in the debug window, Ctrl + G, (or code) Application.SetOption("WindowsInTaskBar"), False HtH Pieter "DianePDavies" <DianePDavies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3609D879-ACC9-4CE5-96D3-841806A1C32B@microsoft.com... >I only want to see one occurrence of Access in my windows task list - not >one > for all open forms. Where do I set that option? > -- > Diane ...

status bar options
While poking around in Access 2007, I right clicked in the right hand corner of the status bar and got a popup with several options that could be toggled. All of them were familiar to me except one called "Kana Mode." Plugging Kana Mode into a search of online help, this community, and offline help resulted in a big fat zero. So my question: does anyone know what this is. I couldn't see any effects of toggling it on or off. Thanks in advance. JungZimm, From Microsoft's site... This indicator tells you whether you have enabled the Japanese phonetic w...

Getting a file name
I’m trying to create a dialogue box (form) were a user can browse through the files. The dialogue box would then feed the file’s address to a macro. Up to now I’ve succeeded in feeding the file address to the macro by having the user type in the file’s address into an unbound object, but that’s inconvenient. Any advice? Thanks. A-Mart This ought to do it for you: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "Alex T. Mart�nez" <AlexTMartnez@discussions.microsoft.com>...

How can we get the subtraction of values in first 2 columns in the 3rd column
Hi Friends Greetings. If I have the following 500 row excel file, how can we get the subtraction of first two columns(Col3)?. I couldn't find any subtraction function in microsoft excel 2000. Col1 Col2 Col3(I want the subtraction of Col1-Col2) ------ -------- ---------- $50 $30 ??(I want $20 here) $100 $40 ??(I want $60 here) $150 $25 ??(I want $125 here) --- ---- --- --- ---- --- Thank you Jane Humbrey Say that $50 and $30 is in row 2. then in C2, you could put: =a2-b2 And dra...

Can't get Calendar reminders? ? ?
Ever so often my calendar won't forward reminders to my live mail address. All the settings are correct, but I don't get reminders. It has done this before, and it self-corrected. But it's not sending reminders at the moment. Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas how to correct it? Ray, I've had it on an for forever.. Never did understand or receive a valid reason regardless of Live ID = sign on in WLM, WLMsgr, web UI or any possible combination of=20 same. What even perplexes me more...the same account in the Outlook Hotmail = Connector in Offic...

Get into WindowProc of window created with CMDIFrameWnd::CreateNewChild
Hi, I create a MDI child window with pMainFrame->CreateNewChild(RUNTIME_CLASS(CChildFrame),IDR_MAINFRAME,0,0)); Now I'd like to catch the WM_PAINT message of this window. Overriding CChildFrane::WindowProc(...) doesn't work for me because then I get the WM_PAINT message of every child window in my application. Any idea? Thanks, Markus maka3 wrote: > Hi, > I create a MDI child window with > pMainFrame->CreateNewChild(RUNTIME_CLASS(CChildFrame),IDR_MAINFRAME,0,0)); > Now I'd like to catch the WM_PAINT message of this window. > Overriding CChildFrane::WindowProc...

Outlook Macro to get Exchange Info from Mail
Hi, I'm working on a macro in Outlook 2003 SP3 that, when started, displays an Email in a custom dialog, broken down into elements. The dialog is used for Email processing. Upgrading Outlook is not possible, and adding addons is also not possible (other then what is currently installed). What I'm looking to achieve is, when an Email is from Exchange (company email), to display the information found when you right click on the senders name and choose 'Outlook Properties'. Things displayed here, are, for example, the address, country & telephone number. The sen...