Advanced Word Programming

Can anyone recommend a good (learn by example) book or a good tutorial
or web based class for learning advanced word programming. Mostly
dealing with Word 07 and VBA?

I'm fairly proficient with Excel VBA, but I need some training to get
to that level with Word.

Thanks

--
jrdnoland
0

See the article "Getting To Grips With VBA Basics In 15 Minutes� at:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/VBABasicsIn15Mins.htm

and other pages on that website.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"jrdnoland" <jrdnoland.5ef2e9f@wordbanter.com> wrote in message

> Can anyone recommend a good (learn by example) book or a good tutorial
> or web based class for learning advanced word programming. Mostly
> dealing with Word 07 and VBA?
>
> I'm fairly proficient with Excel VBA, but I need some training to get
> to that level with Word.
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> jrdnoland

0
Doug
3/24/2010 3:13:49 AM
Doug Robbins - Word MVP;462785 Wrote:
> See the article "Getting To Grips With VBA Basics In 15 Minutes� at:
> http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/VBABasicsIn15Mins.htm
>
> and other pages on that website.
>
> --
> Hope this helps.

> services on a paid consulting basis.

> "jrdnoland" jrdnoland.5ef2e9f@wordbanter.com wrote in message
>
> Can anyone recommend a good (learn by example) book or a good
> tutorial
> or web based class for learning advanced word programming. Mostly
> dealing with Word 07 and VBA?
>
> I'm fairly proficient with Excel VBA, but I need some training to get
> to that level with Word.
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> jrdnoland -

Thanks Doug! I'll look at it in depth more later. I took a brief look
and noticed that the recommended books link is broken.

But it looks like a useful site.

--
jrdnoland
0

Word 2003 calendar- how to?
I am trying to create a 2010 calendar in Word 2003. My supervisor likes to copy and paste the info in a straight-up word document from year to year. She likes to be able to add as many lines as needed to each day, and to use bullet points. I have seen a few templates that might be almost right, but they are all for Word 2007. I have added bookmarks, but navigating through a 30 page document is still tedious. And there are many problems with the cut and paste method. I came up with something on Excel that could have worked, but that was rejected, as was the outlook calendar...

Convert Word Form to E-mail Form
I have a number of word 2000 forms that I would like to convert to an e-mailable form. Could anyone please point me in the right direction. You'll have to start from scratch on your Outlook form. There's no conversion process. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for ...

Exort data from excel to word
What's the easiest way to do this? observe that I want to export(not import!) data Is there any function that let's you do something like this? attributes: //location(ex "p:\test.doc") //list to export //where to put the list in test.doc ...

Vista radomly locks up when running video or audio programs
Does anyone have any idea of any fix for this. The systems totally locks up randomly when running a web video and or audio program and it seems to be in Media Player, iTunes and other programs as well. I am running Vista home basic on this machine but it does the same thing on my HP running Vista Ultimate as well. I go back into the error messages in the application, systems, and performance logs and can not find any suggestions on what the problem could possible be. I have looked through Blogs and find that this is happening on a variety of machines and configurations an...

developing a word file manager component
Dear friends, I am working in a software development team which is developing Machine Translator software. Now, after developing the translation engine, they have assigned me a task which is development of a component that reads a word file, translate it using translator engine and then generates another word file which should contain the same formatting as the original file. I would like to know whether the automation is the right way to do this or not. And if not, what way do you suggest? I am looking forward to your suggestions. Thanks, mjlaali wrote: > I am wor...

Help! Need a .xls file recovery program!
I am looking for a file recovery program that is FREE! I heard there are some out there but couldn't find them myself. Thanks Meaning to recover a corrupt file? If so search for openoffice, it's free albeit quit big and it can recover some corrupt excel files, if you mean something that was deleted, not possible. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "monica" <monica@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34DE67A3-E256-436C-BEC1-960DEF5DDB4C@microsoft.com... > I am looking for a file recovery program that is FREE! I heard there are > some out there but c...

Can I convert WP10 macros into Word 2007 macros somehow?
Is there a way in Word 2007 to convert WordPerfect 10 macros to Word 2007 macros? That would certainly make my next few months easier! Also, since I have been a WordPerfect user since WP 4.2 for DOS, I appreciate any helpful advice to make the move to Word 2007. Any links would be appreciated. I have already found a couple that were helpful and encouraging. It is a daunting task! And one that I have put off for at least three years now... -- Sherry at MTO Using Word 2007 on Windows XP Home SP3 Much of what is accomplished with "macros" in WordPerfect can be do...

word 2007 to word 2003
How can I view word 2007 documents using Word 2003? Hi, Word 2007 documents can be opened in earlier versions of Word after installing the Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File Formats (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=941b3470-3ae9-4aee-8f43-c6bb74cd1466&displaylang=en), which is a free Microsoft download. -- Hope this helps, Pesach Shelnitz My Web site: http://makeofficework.com "Nod" wrote: > How can I view word 2007 documents using Word 2003? ...

Keeping number format when merging into Microsoft Word
I set up a mail merge letter with a small table filling 2 cells with numbers formated for currency (showing a dollar sign and having 2 decimal places). When running the source query, it shows the correct formatting. When merged into the Microsoft Word table it doesn't show the $ sign and it only shows one decimal. How can I send the complete number format? -- SR Try using the Format function in your question, rather than simply setting the Format property of the field. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "SR" <...

print the search results in Word
How do I print the search results from Word that includes the page number for each search result. Does anyone know a macro or does Microsoft Words have the option? The following macro will write the page number(s) of each occurrence of the searched text to a new document. Dim oDoc, oNewdoc As Document Dim sText, sPage As String sText = InputBox("Enter text to find") Set oDoc = ActiveDocument Set oNewdoc = Documents.Add oNewdoc.Range.Text = "'" & sText & "' found on page(s) " oDoc.Activate Selection.HomeKey wdStory Selection.Find....

Catalog of Word Overrides / Precedences
When I expect a behavior in Word 2007 and that behavior fails to happen, I assume that an override must cause the unexpected behavior. I'm thinking that if I had a list of overrides, I would be able to troubleshoot the unexpected behavior. My question to the community, * How can I identify these overrides? * Is there a list of overrides? I don't know what you have in mind as the definition of an "override", but I can assure you that in most cases it isn't that simple. What appears at any point in a document is the result of many factors, ranging from ...

will microsoft's built in backup program corrupt an open session of outlook?
local pc, no domain, simple workgroup, internet only outlook I heard that xcopy will corrupt outlook if outlook is open when xcopy is invoked. What about using w2k/xp's microsoft backup to backup outlook while it is left open? Running backup across the network or locally. Thank "You". jd wrote: > local pc, no domain, simple workgroup, internet only outlook > > I heard that xcopy will corrupt outlook if outlook is open when xcopy is > invoked. > What about using w2k/xp's microsoft backup to backup outlook while it is > left open? > Running backup ac...

Export report into Word table
Hi. I have an Access 2007 database. I would like to know the best way to setup the report so I can easily export the information into a word table. (Perhaps I should link the word table in some sort of merge fashion???). Thanks in advance! ...

Totaling values in a column WITHOUT a formula in Word 2004
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3183151181_1387055 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit In previous versions of MS Word (under Mac 9.x and prior), It was a simple matter of highlighting a whole column in a table, hitting a command (Command =, I believe) or clicking on the Calculate icon and the total would be instantly copied to the clipboard as well as being shown in the lower left hand corner of the window. I�m now looking f...

copy all and insert into Word as one item. 03 upgrade is differen
Pub 2000 - used to copy multiple items (text - pictures, etc) by select all. Then pasted into Word - and it came though as ONE item. This option was great - because I could use it easily change the size and it all stayed conformed to the original design. Miss it for webpages and PR. Is there any way to set the paste option to do the "old" one item paste? svlm wrote: || Pub 2000 - used to copy multiple items (text - pictures, etc) by || select all. Then pasted into Word - and it came though as ONE item. || This option was great - because I could use it easily change the || siz...

Microsoft Word 07 Macro problem
I just re-installed the Microsoft Word 2007, but when I open a Word document, it pops up this. " The command cannot be performed because a dialog box is open, Click OK, and then close open dialog boxes to continue." Then I click OK, the dialog box shows " The document contains macros. Macro language support for this application is disabled. Features requiring VBA are not available. Would you like to open this document read-only?" And the Help is.... "This error usually occurs because of macro security settings. If you know that the macro comes from a sour...

Anti-spam program opinion
I'm using Outlook 2003. Of the following programs, which is the better one? SpamBayes, SpamPal, Spamihilator, or K9. I tried to use configure Spamihilator because it had all good reviews from this one download site but I guess I was doing something wrong because it wouldn't work. I have a POP3 Comcast account. Thanks, newtechie Aloha newtechie, If I were going to use one of those four I would probably use SpamBayes. -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > I'm usi...

How to convert Visio flowchart to Excel or Word
Hi All This is my first time using Visio and also this forum, please pardon me if I do anything wrongly. My question is: i have a flowchart left over by my ex collgue now I need to convert to excel or word for modification, anyone can help please. Thank you Regards, Richard tan neither excel nor word can edit a visio document. you can save as a graphic image to embed in the others but to edit it you need to either be in visio or use a tool that can edit a metafile (assumes you have saved it in a metafile format). al "tyz6970" <tyz6970@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Link to wav file in a Word Doc.
Hi everybody, Could somebody tell me why when i click on a link (wav. file) in my word doc, the music play in background but the WMPlayer dont open. So, if i close the word doc, the sound file continues to play in background How i can do to force WMP to open in order to control the sound that i want to hear ? I am using Office 2003. WMP 11 and Windows XP. Thanks ...

Converting multiple rows of Excel data into Word Document
Hello all, I have run into a problem and need your help. I currently have survey results from appox 300 individuals I exported to Excel and made the calculations (averages, etc.) that I need. I have now been asked to convert that file (one survey respondent and the calculations per row) into a word document with each respondents results on a different page. That way their individual results can be printed and given to each of them. Is there any way to export the information I need from Excel into a word document with a respectable layout? Remember there are several hundred ...

Pasting from Word locks cells
Hi Hopefully this makes sense: I have a Worksheet that contains several macro's that allow the user to insert rows, move groups of rows up/down etc. There is only one area of the worksheet that users need to update (say that is between rows 6 - 30). To avoid users accidently deleting a row or inserting a row in the areas outside of rows 6 - 30, all the other cells are locked and the worksheet is protected. In order to run the macros, password protect is turned off in the vb code and turned on again at the end of the sub. To ensure that the insert row etc. is not being performed...

How do I set up advance filters excel 2003
How do I set up advance filters excel 2003 using one column with mutlitple entries. Auto filter allows only two entries and the numeric range varies. Please advise. What are your criteria? If you have multiple OR conditions you can use a formula as criteria, use 2 cells as criteria and leave the firs one empty, then in the cell below use =OR(A2=criteria1,A2=criteria2,A2=criteria3,etc) where A2 is the first cell with data in the column you want to filter then in the criteria range refer to the empty cell and the cell with criteria i.e. if you are using L1 and L2 use (L2 would be the cell ...

see the Memory management of MFC program
hi , i have declare: char *sectorBuffer = (char *)malloc(SectorNumber_for_each_read * 512); and i have put value on this memory : sectorBuffer = ReadSector(3,i,SectorNumber_for_each_read); i am working in visual studio 2008 in Vista, My question is how can i see the memory map in the address the of "sectorBuffer " (512 bytes)? zack "Zack" <zackm@infinite-memories.com> wrote in message news:CA01A62D-78EB-438D-9176-F60EE50A2097@microsoft.com... > hi , > i have declare: > char *sectorBuffer = (char *)malloc(SectorNumber_for_each_read * 512); > and i ...

Programming issue with this Macro
Hi I am trying to program a print command in my database. I have created a form which has a tab control with 3 pages. The Tab Control is named "Main". When I have this code in the Event Procedure, nothing prints out. Can someone point me in the right direction in how to fix this please? Private Sub_Print_Form_Click() Me.Main = 0 DoCmd.PrintOut Me.Main = 1 DoCmd.PrintOut Me.Main = 2 DoCmd.PrintOut End Sub Thank you in advance. First, I'm not sure why you want to print a form, but the problem may be in the name of your procedure. Try changi...

Word 2007 changes my document to have a giant margin
I open a normal word document. It is about 30 pages. When it is opened it suddenly changes it so every page has a giant margin on the right hand side of every page. It is very annoying. Please make it stop. You are looking at the document with the View option set to Final showing Mark up. Change that to Final. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Mark mcPherson" <Mark mcPherson@discussions.microsoft.c...