Adjusting Two Columns with Text

I have two columns.  I've entered numbered text in each column.  As I add
more numbered items, the second column keeps adjusting itself downward.  Is
there anyway to freeze the second column as I add items to column one?

I am not really sure what you mean by "the second column keeps adjusting
itself downward".

Do you have a two column table, or is the document formatted with columns?
It sounds like you may have the former when what you want is the latter.
Format the document so that it has two columns (via the Page Setup section
of the Page Layout tab in Word 2007, and if memory serves me correctly, via
the Format menu item in earlier versions, then enter a column break at the
end of the text in Column 1.  The text in column 2 will then not be affected
by the text that you add to column 1 UNTIL you have completely filled that
column at which point the text that is in column 2 will be moved to the
first column on a new page.

If that is not what you want to happen, please explain exactly what you want
to happen

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"poodlelady" <poodlelady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have two columns.  I've entered numbered text in each column.  As I add
> more numbered items, the second column keeps adjusting itself downward.
> Is
> there anyway to freeze the second column as I add items to column one?

0
Doug

Text Cuts Off
When typing text in the cell, no matter whether I have "WRAP TEXT" on or not, the text is cut off. I read an earlier posting response saying there is a limit of 1024 characters and to use "ALT-ENTER" to get around this. It does not work. Is there anything else I can do? Thank you. Try using a text box from the Drawing toolbar. You can align the box with the cell by holding down the Alt key while you move the borders. "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1025851C-A1FA-4439-A29D-4C179D3D37EF@microsoft.com... > When typing...

How to create an unbound Subform related to an unbound Text Box
Hello, Can somebody help me. I wish to make an a bound/unbound Form and bound/unbound subform. This is needed for creating an GRR entry form with the Receipt details on the header and part, qty details in subform along with a button in the bottom to finally raise a auto generated document number to corelate the header table (Order header) to detail table (Order Detail) You have the advantage of seeing your database. For those who cannont, I think more description will be needed of the database's purpose and structure before it is possible to provide a meaningful answer. For ...

Two Problems #2
When starting up and shutting down Excel 2007 I get the error message, "Compile error in hidden module: DistMon. It seems to work ok in spite of this. Any ideas on how to fix this? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307410 -- Jim "petervana" <petervana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C78605BD-4C58-4AA5-BE81-786DA61131B2@microsoft.com... | When starting up and shutting down Excel 2007 I get the error message, | "Compile error in hidden module: DistMon. It seems to work ok in spite of | this. | | Any ideas on how to fix this? I went to thi...

next column
How do I select the 1st row in the next column after 16 that does not have any text in row 1? oldjay Like this maybe... Cells(1, 16).Resize(1, Columns.Count - 15).Find("", LookAt:=xlWhole).Select If there is any chance all the cells to the end of Row 1 are filled in, then you will need to include some error trapping since the Find method will error out there is nothing for it to find. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "oldjay" <oldjay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DBF9AA0-FCDE-4A84-9BBB-1AB286DBFC5D@microsoft.com... > How do ...

Excel & Shadowed text = ?
How can I make double shadowed text in Excel? I don't believe this is possible in Excel. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Ant_LV" <Ant_LV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:30DAA7CA-D162-4EC3-B046-FA7DF9EC03F8@microsoft.com... > How can I make double shadowed text in Excel? ...

Can I make certain text NOT print in publisher?
I'm looking to leave directions for the user - when using the template I am creating in Publisher - but some of the users are not as savvy as others and I'm afraid they will forget to remove the directions when printing the final copy. Is there a way I can insert a text box that does not print? Try putting it in the scratch area? maybe that will work for ya. "rivertown" <rivertown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACE3F0F5-8A34-454D-9047-9815200B1DB0@microsoft.com... | I'm looking to leave directions for the user - when using the template I am...

retaining leading whitespace in text of an xml node
when I run the following code the leading spaces of the "data" node are removed. How do I retain whitespace? private void CreateBasicXmlDocument() { XmlWriterSettings writeSettings = new XmlWriterSettings(); writeSettings.Indent = true; XmlWriter writer = XmlWriter.Create( filePath, writeSettings ); writer.WriteStartElement("data"); writer.WriteWhitespace(" "); writer.WriteValue(" data with leading space"); writer.WriteEndElement(); writer.Close(); } * Steve Richter wrote in microsoft....

Sorting misc text into new fields if data exists in record update
I have inherited a database where someone in their infinite wisdom asked staff to put four key fields into a memo field and separate them with a line break. I am trying to tidy up the field so that I can select the data (if it exists) into four fields: Date of payment. Net amount. Tax amount. Interest added. As a second complexity the data doesnt exist in all of the records i.e. the member of staff may not have required to have input interest, have put the heading in different orders or no descriptive of the amounts. I have tried to input wildcards but dont know where t...

text in a circle #2
How can I write text and get it to show in a circle. You can do this with some greeting card type software. Can I do this in pub 2003 or 2007? It can be done in Publisher 2000 so I'm guessing it can be done in later version. Use Word Art; in 2000 it's a button on the left that looks like an "A". -- Don Vancouver, USA "Bill H" <wheaney@verizon.net> wrote in message news:qadcj.4901$pi7.655@trndny02... > How can I write text and get it to show in a circle. > You can do this with some greeting card type software. > Can I do this in pub 2003 or...

text to number
I import data onto Excel from a horseracing database. The odds of the horses are expressed in the form 3/1, 15/8, 9/4 etc etc . I have to import these as text otherwise they become dates. They are therefore on the LHS of the cell. I don't know how to convert these to single numbers (decimals) in order to make calculations, and following the process 'text to numbers' on Excel does not seem to achieve any result - possibly because of the / Help please Hi, It's a little clumsy, but this will convert your text fraction to a decimal. LEFT(A1,FIND("/",A1)-1)/RIGHT(A...

Duplicating Text #2
When I am working on my newsletters I want to duplicate some text that I type in one text frame to another text frame on another page (i.e. date of newsletter, volume # etc.) How do I do this withiut re-typing it every time?? Please help. Well, you seem to know how to do that in a newsgroup. :-) Create a master page with the data you want repeated. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Blair" <kbuxon@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2263c01c45d55$bbae6b70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I am working on my newsletters I want to duplicate > some text that I t...

text-to-speech with different languages
Hello! Is there a way to use the integrated text-to-speech feature in excel with tts engines other than English engines? I already have some tts engines with different languages (from lernout & hauspie) installed, but they are not selectable on the text-to-speech tab in the speech item located in the control panel. Thanks in advance, Peter ...

integrating .wav to text s/w in mfc #2
Hi friends, I want to integrate wav to text converter in my application,can any body help me which API or fuctions in mfc that I can go for thanks, rajendra ...

two stores
I have two stores which both use MS store operations POS and manager but they are not networked. I have the quicksell software to import inventory (i.e. new items, aliases, etc.) but don't have a way to transfer inventory from store to store. What I am looking for is a way to create a "transfer inventory out" document and then use that to create at "transfer inventory in" ultimately transfering inventory from one store to the other. Any ideas? Bill, This is where RMS HQ comes in. That is part of the function of the HQ software. Daniel NuRol Point of Sale a...

Two subforms, one based on selection in the other
I have a master list of tags, with a related table of documents for each tag. I have a query that select relevant tags based on 'owners', and would like a form that present all the relevant tags on the left, and the relevant documents for the selected tag on the right. TBL_Tag: *TAG Description Area misc.... TBL_DocRef: *DocNo *GenId TAG and GenId are the related fields. First, don't use the word Tag as a field or control name. It is a reserved word (it is a property of controls and forms), so using it as a field name will likely lead to problems unless ...

Controlling sent mail folders with two pst files
I use two personal pst files, one for personal mail and another for business mail. I am using Outlook 2003. The business pst file is set as my default, but when I send an email it is saved in my personal pst sent folder and not the business pst sent folder. When I send personal mail it is correctly saved in my personal pst send folder. How can I control which sent folder messages are saved in for my different business and personal pop accounts? I would like to save my business mail in my business pst sent folder and not in my personal pst sent folder. Thanks, Kelly You might tr...

create line chart with two axises in Pivot Chart
Hi, I want to show two data series: Sum of Turnovers and Sum of Turnover Assets in the pivot table simultaneously in the pivot chart. When I use a line chart, the data points from two series are just connected into one line. Even if I select Chart Type to be Line with Two Axises, it doesn't help. I could, as a compromise, use column charts which does show the data points separately, but they are all in the same color. I could also change individual colmn's color, but that's too laborious... Any help is appreciated. If you are seeing a single series, then the datapoints are...

Forms: Using two or more option buttons
I have put a form together and in it are currently 2 option buttons. The idea being that the user can indicate which report to run based on other factors on the form. I want to know how to make it such that only one option button can be "checked" (eg. If option A is selected, the option box for B is blank and if Option B is selected the option box for A is blank) I'm sure I've done this before but cannot remember where to put the code/expression Derek G wrote: > I have put a form together and in it are currently 2 option buttons. > The idea being that the user c...

Toggle button to show/hide column in subfrom
I am having trouble with the correct syntax to refer to a control on a subform. I created a toggle button on my main form (frmChrgBackLog) to show or hide a column in my subform (subfrmChrgBackLog). The subform object name in the main form is the same as the subform name. I tried multiple versions of code to do this but neither of them have worked. The code will be in the main form. Is this possible and if so what is wrong with my syntax? Thanks, 'Version 1 Me.subfrmChrgBackLog.Form!jobnumlong.Visible = _ Not Me.subfrmChrgBackLog.Form!jobnumlong.Visible '...

Problem with Stacking Column Chart
I want to do a stacking column chart which compares two values on the same column. Let's say Jan 03 in red and Jan 02 in blue. 03 value is 500, and 02 value is 800. I want it to show red column up to 500, and then blue column up to 800 (so it is just showing blue for 300 worth). The only thing I can get a stacked column to do is add them together. In other words, it puts the red up to 500, and then blue up to 1300. That's not what I want. I have messed around with 3D columns as well, and can get it to show it okay, but then if I have another column where the numbers may be re...

combine text
i have a table with repetitiive values in field 1 but unique text in field 2. how can i combine the text fields in field 2 to 1 record of field 1? Why would you want to? It sounds like you are trying to store two (different) facts in one field. This is contrary to good database design. But maybe your situation is different. If you'll provide a little more specific description (and maybe an example), the folks in the newsgroup may be able to offer more specific suggestions... Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "maxwell" <maxwell@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Create a 3D chart from a stacked bar and a column
I would like to create a 3 dimensional chart, based on a stacked bar chart. Specifically, I would like to give the individual elements of each stack different heights, in a 3rd dimension. Forinstance: Category A Element 1, Width 75, Height 10; Category A Element 2, Width 25, Height 15; Category B Element 1, Width 35, Height 5; Category B Element 2, Width 65, Height 25; For each category, elements 1 and 2 would be stacked to create a 100% bar (using the width); adding height is the challenge. Any ideas would be most appreciated. I don't understand what role width plays in the c...

"Save Message as Text" Macro Question
Hello All, I need to create an Outlook Macro that will do the following: 1) Open all messages in "Local Inbox Archive" Folder in my Outlook XP 2) Save the messages as text files in "C:/data" folder 3) Delete the messages from "Local Inbox Archive" I would appreciate any help (or code) posted in this forum. Thanks, Vasa Can't help but would like to know how to do this too. I think we're trying to solve the same problem ! "Vasilije Petkovic" wrote: > Hello All, > > I need to create an Outlook Macro that will do the following: &g...

Look up value range in column and then count
I have a column of numbers ranging from 0 to -100 I need to count the number of cells with in the ranges 0 to -6 -7 to -14 -15 to -28 -85 to -100 Can you tell me the best way to get these figures, I would imagine I have to put this formula into 4 different cells. Thanks AJ Using Excel 2007 Supposing your values are in column A rows 1 to 17 try this: Four seperate cells: =COUNTIFS($A$1:$A$17,"<=0",$A$1:$A$17,">=-6") =COUNTIFS($A$1:$A$17,"<=-7",$A$1:$A$17,">=-14") =COUNTIFS($A$1:$A$17,"<=-15",$A$1:$A$17,">...

Copying a formulae down a column that includes an INDIRECT
For example, in C1 I have a long formulae that includes multiple INDIRECT references to B1 which is where I input a data figure - column B has data that is dragged and dropped between cells up and down that column (hence the reason for including the indirect) column C provides the answer. After setting up a formulae in C1 how can I copy this down column C and make the indirect move with it - currently the indirect always stays refering to cell B1 ???? =indirect("B"&row()) if that's the formula in C1. A.Webb wrote: > > For example, in C1 I have a long formulae ...