Adding borders in a word document

 Why when I add a border to a word document does the bottom sections get cut
off?

They may be ending up in the nonprintable area of the page (for the printer
driver you are using). In the Borders and Shading dialog box, click the Page
Border tab. Click the Options button to change the placement of lines.
Change the measurements as required.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"michaeljo" <michaeljo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why when I add a border to a word document does the bottom sections get
> cut
> off?

0
Stefan
1/24/2010 12:48:46 PM
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"michaeljo" <michaeljo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why when I add a border to a word document does the bottom sections get
> cut
> off?

0
Graham

Where is the Keep Text Formatting feature located in Word 07
I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I have been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm trying to rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all other document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks. Are you referring to a Keep Text Formatting feature in an earlier version of Word? I wonder whether what you're looking for is "Paste Unformatted," since you seem to be saying you _don...

Adding new rows
I have a spreadsheet with 100 rows in, I need to add a row after each current row, is there a quick way to do this or have i got to insert each new row individually? -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24783 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390760 I assume you want to add an empty new row in between the existing rows. One way would be with an extra column Save as "trial" first.......just in case thi...

Need better way to provision AD accounts that are to have mailboxes
The exchange admins in my company have come up with a way for the sys admins to assign the user's mailbox store location. It's based off of last name. For example, if your last name starts with letter A, you go on Storage Group 1, Mailbox Store A, if your last name starts with letter B, you go on Storage Group 1, Mailbox Store B, if your last name starts with letter E, you go on Storage Group 2, Mailbox Store A, etc.... This is, I believe, and administrative nightmare. Is there a better way to provision AD accounts that are to have mailboxes? If it works for you and them, then al...

Miscellaneous words appear in Excel 2002 cells
I am working on an Excell 2002 workbook and when I put my cursor in a cell , spurious words get entered into the cell e.g. "and thee the and ...." is one example. I have cable modem and it feels like "someone" has taken control of my PC - by the way I have also noticed this hapening in MS Word but is not as bad as Excel - can some one help. thanks KK Have you enabled speech tools? Click Tools / Speech and examine your options. /i. "KK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:061d01c39d1c$36fc85f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am w...

Excel and Word #2
I converted a class schedule from Word to Excel in order to better work with formulas since I am terrible with math. My concern now is that I will want to email it back to volunteers for review. Can I just copy it into Word and will they be able to view it or will they have to have Excel? Thanks for information. Susan Hello Susan, A copy/paste command will create a Word table in Word from Excel. you could also do the following: Insert, object, From file, browse to the Excel file, Insert. With this method you can check "link" and from now on everytime you change something...

Word 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have created several files in Word 2008 using templates (.dot) files previously used with Word 2003/2007. Unfortunately, my customer keeps receiving an error when opening the new file I create. The new file (created in .doc format) has some hidden data that is pointing to the template folder on my Mac. The error looks like: Could not open: 'user:Libarary:Application Support:Microsoft:Offce:User Templates:template.dot My customer can fix this error by using the remove hidden data tool inside Office 2003, but that&...

scripting adding obj-users and mdb-use-defaults to exchange 5.5 users
I have successfully created a script for creating exchange 5.5 users. I can't however, figure out how to add the assoc-nt-account to the obj-users [pseudo attribute] or set MDB-Use-Defaults to True :-( Can anyone offer advice on how to do this [other than generate a CSV file and use the exchange admin tool to import it]? Thanks Wayne ...

Adding time
I want to add time,like a sum. 12:00+12:00+12:00=36:00? I keep getting a basic time like 12:00. Could you please supply a formula. Thank you Hi In the cell with the formula, Format>Cells>Number>Custom [h]:mm Putting the [ ] brackets around h allows it to sum past 24 hours. Regards Roger Govier trucker wrote: > I want to add time,like a sum. > > 12:00+12:00+12:00=36:00? > > I keep getting a basic time like 12:00. Could you please supply a formula. > > Thank you > ...

Adding Fields and Tables to MSCRM
Is there a link or some reference on the ability to add fields to existing tables in the CRM database and/or adding complete tables to the CRM database?? I am asking this from the point of view relating to other existing CRM products (saleslogix, frontrange - shh). From what I have played with so far from playing with my SBS2k/MSCRM install is I my need to have a MS developer skillset. Robb, Using the schema manager in the deployment Manager MMC snap-in, you can add fields to the existing tables. However, there is no way to add new tables. Matt "Robb D" <robbd@eproductscons...

Size of single bracket in Equation (Word 2007)
Hi group, I'd like to change the size of a single bracket in an equation - how can I achieve this? For example, in Latex I could do something like this: F\biggr|_{a} , where biggrl gives me a large sized "|" ... Cheers -Ralf as a work-around I came up with a trick: I used a single Matrix column with 3 rows - inserted the single "|" on the right-hand side - I put the actual equation in the centre of the matrix field and the other matrix fields I left empty ... the result looks pleasing Cheers -Ralf On Feb 1, 1:15=A0pm, "ralf.schaa" ...

Is there any way to convert a pdf document into an excel document.
Is there any way to convert a pdf file into an excel document? ...

Pivot Table and adding a % column, that is not in original data
Hi, Is it possible to add a column for % calculations when the % column is not in original data? To clarify, my original data is as follows: Produt Sales Returns Date A 5 June B 6 June A 1 July A 1 September B 1 November When I run the pivot table, one of the columns I'm then looking to get is a total % of returns over sales , but I cant see how to include in a Pivot table. I can add it outside of the table, but that has problems ...

How do you open PDF files with Word 2007?
How do you open a PDF file in Word 2007? anybody? I tried to download the PDF add on app but that is not working either. I have on line classes I cant complete until I figure out how to do this. You can't open pdf's in Word -- that's the point of pdf files. On Feb 10, 3:06=A0pm, terrycwilson <terrycwil...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do you open a PDF file in Word 2007? anybody? I tried to download the= PDF > add on app but that is not working either. I have on line classes I cant > complete until I figure out how to do this. You can'...

Office2003 autoformats my ENTIRE document, and the file size is HU
Hi everyone I have recently ungraded to Office2003. It's great, with the exception of a problem i appear to be having with Word. I have a 22 page doc, that started out at a mere 100K. Everytime i try and make a style change (increase font, bold, align, add bullets) word then applied that new style to my ENTIRE document, ie: adding a bullet to one line, adds a bullet to every single line in my doc. Every line in the doc gets reformated. If i then go ctrl-z to undo the applied style, all the incorrectly applied styles all correctly removed, and i am left with just my one style - ...

border help
When I go to print my page with my border on it, it prints the top and sides but not the bottom, anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I have tried to change the margins as well but I get the same thing. On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 18:25:01 -0800, michelle <michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I go to print my page with my border on it, it prints the top and sides >but not the bottom, anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I have tried to change >the margins as well but I get the same thing. See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/BottomsDontPrint.htm ...

Amount in Words Complete Right Formula
give me complete formula See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace xxxx in the email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Naveed" <Naveed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29B7C0D6-1DED-4321-B1EB-CA6DDCE73852@microsoft.com... > give me complete formula > ...

Excel could not save all the data and formatting you recently added
Hi, One of our users sent me an Excel file of 6 MiB. It has 7 worksheets. Most of them have <100 rows and AH columns, one sheet has 13160 rows and AH columns. The large sheet has autofilter enabled, but no actual filtering is done. (yet) 4 columns have validation: they allow a list of values specified in a range somewhere else in the sheet. There is also conditional formatting. It takes >30 seconds to calculate the sheet, however there are no real calculations, just a few concatenated string. My first impression is that this is yet another example of Excel (ab)used as a database. The p...

How do I create an A3 size document using Windows 7
A3 is not listed in the pre-set schedule of document sizes in Windows 7 (unlike previous versions of Windows). How do I create such a document using Windows 7? Does your printer support A3? Word/Windows will display the paper sizes supported by the default (or currently active) printer. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "A3 documents in Windows 7" <A3 documents in Windows 7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2647F06-5560-41A6-9C2F-462E6198C989@microsoft.com... > A3 is ...

MS Word file extension changed through e-mail
MS Word .docx files sent as attachments are received without the x, as a .doc instead. The same is true for MS Excel .xlsx changed to .xls Speak firmly to whoever set up the email system. They have not applied their updates. When the file goes through, it is being recognised as a Microsoft Word file, but the extension is being wrongly changed. Some free-mail web services have a bad habit of doing this. It's not a Word problem, the change is being made either by the sending email program or the receiving email program. Cheers On 24/02/10 2:32 PM, in article 2e082f5...

Call a word doc
Currently I am using our DB to track bids to general contractors for building materials. Each bid proposal is prepared in MS Word. Is there a way to call a Word doc for reference only within a form, for example using a button? The proposal could be either a .doc or .pdf that could be reprinted or viewed from Access... -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200802/1 Whoops, that was not complete. Each bid has its own word file. So when I click a button I need to be able to define the file name. We use a bid number formatted l...

How do I create 4 smaller documents on an 8X11 (gang)?
I have a doc that's currently 8X11; how do I replicate the document at 1/4 scale and gang it four times on the page? Open file, Resize the page area to 4�"x5�". Make everything fit and the way you like it. Now when you print the file you will get 4 copies per sheet. -- Don ------ Vancouver, USA "WhidbeyJack" <WhidbeyJack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCAAE5CA-9E36-4C2F-923C-66C5F5DA527B@microsoft.com... >I have a doc that's currently 8X11; how do I replicate the document at 1/4 > scale and gang it four times on the page? ...

Saving documents to MS CRM from eg Word?
Hi, Is there any solution out there (market ready) that lets you save eg Word document direct to MS CRM ?. Not save to file system and then from MS CRM make a note and attach. To long way ! Regards, SH Hi Siggi, have a look at "RelatedDocuments" at www.mscrm-addons.com "Siggi" <sh@nyherji.is> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:64f91fda.0501190239.1156de03@posting.google.com... > Hi, > Is there any solution out there (market ready) that lets you save eg > Word document direct to MS CRM ?. Not save to file system and then > from MS CRM make a note and attach. ...

How do I copy the wording of a cell into a tab?
I have a large workbook with the tab titles available to copy to save typing every single one, is it possible to populate the tabs by a form of copy-paste You want your sheet tab name to reflect the value of a particular cell within that sheet? You want to copy a sheet and rename the copy to the value of a cell within that sheet? Please explain in more detail. The lack of sentence structure makes it difficult to get a clear picture. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:18:01 -0800, Jamie <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a large wo...

Word 2007 Background Color PDF
I was finally able to get the background color to print. I'm using a 2-color fill, fading from one color to the other. When I do it, it doesn't fade an even color top to bottom. It goes dark to light then starts toward light agaoin before it cuts off. (I have the correct box selected). Then, when I save as a PDF, it gives me 5 sets of the faded lines. That is, light to dark to light to dark... etc. 5 times. How can I set that "scale" or get it corrected? Thanx JDC Page backgrounds are more concerned with web page creation, which does not support pages...

Adding a customer to multiple marketing lists
Is there a way to add a customer to multiple marketing lists at once? When I try this by going to Actions, Add to Marketing Lists, it only lets me select one row. You can add an account to one marketing list from the Actions Menu. You will need a plugin which will add an account to many marketing lists. SS "Tara C. Brown" wrote: > Is there a way to add a customer to multiple marketing lists at once? When I > try this by going to Actions, Add to Marketing Lists, it only lets me select > one row. What plugin is necessary to do this? "SS" wrote: > You...