2003 Form fields losing formatting in 2007

Hi there,

I have some forms, created in Word 2003, which when opened as a .docx, all
form fields revert to Times New Roman font but if they are opened as a .doc,
they are in the correct font of Arial.

Anyone got any ideas why and how I can fix this?

Thanks very much.

This doesn't make any sense. Documents always open in the format in which
they are saved. What *exactly* are you doing?

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor -  Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

"Mustang" <Mustang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there,
>
> I have some forms, created in Word 2003, which when opened as a .docx, all
> form fields revert to Times New Roman font but if they are opened as a
> .doc,
> they are in the correct font of Arial.
>
> Anyone got any ideas why and how I can fix this?
>
> Thanks very much.

0
Graham
4/16/2010 4:37:20 AM
Sorry didnt explain myself very well.  My team saved some of our 2003
templates as 2007 templates (no changes were made except file format) and
when we create documents from the dotx template, our fields which were
previously Arial are now Times New Roman.

It could be something we have done inadvertantly.

Thanks

"Mustang" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have some forms, created in Word 2003, which when opened as a .docx, all
> form fields revert to Times New Roman font but if they are opened as a .doc,
> they are in the correct font of Arial.
>
> Anyone got any ideas why and how I can fix this?
>
> Thanks very much.
Fields? What sort of fields? Is the surrounding text OK? If it is, the
following macro may fix it. Run the macro on the opened template and choose
the option to add the charformat switch then save it with a new name.

Sub ChangeSwitch()
Dim oRng As Range
Dim iFld As Integer
Dim strChoice As String
strChoice = MsgBox("Replace Mergeformat switch with Charformat switch?" _
& vbCr & "Click 'No' to remove formatting switch completely", _
vbYesNoCancel, "Replace Formatting Switch")
If strChoice = vbCancel Then GoTo UserCancelled
If strChoice = vbNo Then
    For iFld = ActiveDocument.Fields.Count To 1 Step -1
        With ActiveDocument.Fields(iFld)
            If .Type <> wdFieldFormCheckBox And _
            .Type <> wdFieldFormDropDown And _
            .Type <> wdFieldFormTextInput Then
                .Code.Text = Replace(.Code.Text, " \* MERGEFORMAT", "")
                .Code.Text = Replace(.Code.Text, " \* CHARFORMAT", "")
            End If
        End With
    Next iFld
End If
If strChoice = vbYes Then
    For iFld = ActiveDocument.Fields.Count To 1 Step -1
        With ActiveDocument.Fields(iFld)
            If .Type <> wdFieldFormCheckBox And _
            .Type <> wdFieldFormDropDown And _
            .Type <> wdFieldFormTextInput Then
                If InStr(1, .Code, "MERGEFORMAT") <> 0 Then
                    .Code.Text = Replace(.Code.Text, "MERGE", "CHAR")
                End If
                If InStr(1, .Code, "CHARFORMAT") = 0 Then
                    .Code.Text = .Code.Text & "\* CHARFORMAT "
                End If
                .Update
            End If
        End With
    Next iFld
End If
Exit Sub
UserCancelled:
MsgBox "User Cancelled", vbInformation, "Replace Formatting Switch"
End Sub

Could you send me one of the errant templates in Word 2003 and 2007 formats
so that I can see where the problem lies and investigate a solution to fix
it?
Use the link on the home page of my web site.

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>

> Sorry didnt explain myself very well.  My team saved some of our 2003
> templates as 2007 templates (no changes were made except file format) and
> when we create documents from the dotx template, our fields which were
> previously Arial are now Times New Roman.
>
> It could be something we have done inadvertantly.
>
> Thanks
>
> "Mustang" wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I have some forms, created in Word 2003, which when opened as a .docx,
>> all
>> form fields revert to Times New Roman font but if they are opened as a
>> .doc,
>> they are in the correct font of Arial.
>>
>> Anyone got any ideas why and how I can fix this?
>>
>> Thanks very much.

0
Graham
4/18/2010 5:48:32 AM
Thank you very much.

This worked and we also tried just applying styles and this worked also.  We
found that the Normal style was not set up correctly.  Still not sure why we
didnt run into this in the previous version but everyone is happy now it is
all fixed.

Thanks very much for your time

"Graham Mayor" wrote:

> [...]
> Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org
> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
>

> "Mustang" <Mustang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry didnt explain myself very well.  My team saved some of our 2003
> > templates as 2007 templates (no changes were made except file format) and
> > when we create documents from the dotx template, our fields which were
> > previously Arial are now Times New Roman.
> >
> > It could be something we have done inadvertantly.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Mustang" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> I have some forms, created in Word 2003, which when opened as a .docx,
> >> all
> >> form fields revert to Times New Roman font but if they are opened as a
> >> .doc,
> >> they are in the correct font of Arial.
> >>
> >> Anyone got any ideas why and how I can fix this?

conditional formatting sort

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

get a result of an sql into a field

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

How to create an autonumber field?

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

outlook 2007 e-mail

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit

form fields not saving to table

HOWTO: Customizing CRM

Load image in a unbound control from a attachment field in recor
I have a unbound (single not continuious) form with 16 differant records from the same recordset. No problem loading the this data from recordset in VBA. PROBLEM I need to know how to load the unbound controls with Image's from an attachment field in another recordset The normal method of control = Rs!field does not work Please advise -- Thanks Tom dans l'article 78DC5502-3A76-4562-AA20-736446AB1448@microsoft.com, Tom � Tom@discussions.microsoft.com a �crit le 21/01/08 20:28�: > I have a unbound (single not continuious) form with 16 differant records from > the same record...