1 word doc, multiple tabs

Other people have referenced a tabbed view to be able to view multiple
documents at one time.  Really Windows 7 taskbar takes care of this.  I, on
the other hand, want to see multiple tabs within 1 document like Excel.
Example of use:
I'm thinking about writing a book, and I have SEVERAL scenes in my head.
Right now I would have to create SEVERAL word documents to get them all down,
then create a main document and copy and paste stuff back and forth as I
write.
With a single tabbed document, I could write all my scenes as individual
tabs, then "link" them to the main tab where the actual story is, as I get to
each scene.  And making it so that if you make a change in the tab, it also
reflects in the main document, that would eliminate a potential problem of
remembering where your latest copy is.  That would be MUCH more organized
than having a folder full of random word docs.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3399cd2f-f5bd-4f72-8c2e-a20407ce0adc&dg=microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You could use the various kinds of INCLUDE fields.

On Dec 4, 4:23=A0pm, BrianW <Bri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Other people have referenced a tabbed view to be able to view multiple
> documents at one time. =A0Really Windows 7 taskbar takes care of this. =
=A0I, on
> the other hand, want to see multiple tabs within 1 document like Excel.
> Example of use:
> I'm thinking about writing a book, and I have SEVERAL scenes in my head. =
=A0
> Right now I would have to create SEVERAL word documents to get them all d=
own,
> then create a main document and copy and paste stuff back and forth as I
> write.
> With a single tabbed document, I could write all my scenes as individual
> tabs, then "link" them to the main tab where the actual story is, as I ge=
t to
> each scene. =A0And making it so that if you make a change in the tab, it =
also
> reflects in the main document, that would eliminate a potential problem o=
> remembering where your latest copy is. =A0That would be MUCH more organiz=
ed
> than having a folder full of random word docs.
>
> ----------------
> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "=
> Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow t=
his
> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and the=
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3D3399..=
..

0
Peter

Multiple name appearances
Have a list of 1000 names trying to sort by appearances >5. Not sure if Lookup or Hlookup? Pat318 wrote: > Have a list of 1000 names trying to sort by appearances >5. > Not sure if Lookup or Hlookup? If your list is in A1:A1000, put this in B1:B1000 and sort by column B: =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$1000,A1) ...

deleting multiple rows
Hello: I need to be able to delete multiple rows out of a worksheet. What I need to be able to do is have a function/macro that can identify a string of characters and then delete all the rows that have those characters. For example, if row 4, 18, and 45 all had "blue" in them (assume column is A), then I need something to go delete row, 4, 18, and 45. At the top of my worksheet I will have several, probably about 3, criteria, such as, "blue", "red", and "green" that will all need to be deleted. Now here's where I really need help. A row may ...

Excel/Word startup: 'Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec' ??
Office 2003 factory-installed by Dell. Opening a new file with Excel (or Word) yields a Visual Basic error message: 'Compile error in hidden network: AutoExec' and then the PC hourglass runs. I used the Office 2003 Installation CD provided with the new laptop to repair Office. It ran quite a while. I then updated Office from the MS website to ensure I had the latest. This did not solve the problem and Dell disavows my existence. I'm wondering if it might be an operating system interaction? I am loath to re-install the XP operating system. Any thoughts? Take a look here: ht...

prob.with printing word doc.
greetings, My Word program crashes almost everytime I hit the print button. The last time I tried,it did not crash, but did not print. Instead, it said it was spooling, and stayed there. If it crashes again, what info from the report will be helpful in determining how to fix this problem? If it is a printer driver problem, is it always the printer that I am trying to use to print the word doc.? I have three hooked up at this time. (UPS.etc) The printer that I am trying to use for this doc is practically new. Thanks, JS Make sure that you have the latest driver for your ...

Report of sales by month based on a cross tab query
Hi, I have a cross tab query that will provide sales by month for 2008. Right now it is sales for January08. As there are sales for future months, they will appear as well. I want to create a table that has all of the months listed out already. Right now, on the first day of the month, I go into the report and add the new month. I want it so that all month are listed which I have done. The problem is that when I run the report, I get an error that says "the Microsoft Jet does not recognize February as a valid field name. After today, there will be February data but no March ...

Does anyone know how to assign tasks to multiple individuals?
We use organizational boxes and have ocassion to send tasks out to other org boxes (6 usually). The problem is that you (apparently) lose the ability to track individually when you do this. Does anyone have any ideas, other than assigning 6 separate tasks (1 for each org box...). Thanks! ...

upgrade from 1.2 to 2.0 #2
I am upgrading from version 1.2 to version 2.0 and I have a couple of questions about the upgrade. 1) Is there any step by step or relevant documentation on this upgrade? 2) do I need to upgrade to v1.3 before going directly to 2.0? 3) can I install 2.0 on a box that doesn't have any RMS loaded already? 4) What is the most difficult part of the upgrade (hardware,settings,etc)? Thanks for your time. ...

copying text on sheet 1 to corresponding cells on sheets 2 to 5
I want the text entered in A8 on sheet 1(named Productivity) to automatically transfer to A8 on sheets 2 thru 5. I used the simple formula =Productivity!a8 in the corresponding cells but when there is no data in Productivity A8 I get a 0 in the corresponding cells. I would like the corresponding cells to remain blank if there is not text in Productivity A8. I am really new to excel, like only used it two weeks! Is there a simple fix to this? -- newbie at large! Hi A formula will always return 0 if it's refering to an empty cell. This formula will let the cell look empty if no...

problems sending email with crm 1.2
Anybody please help me, i installed the MS CRM 1.2 like 2 months ago, it was working just fine, today my boss wanted to send an email with crm and the following message appear "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system administrator.",every user when is trying to send an email the same message appear even with the administrator account. WHAT TO DO PLEASE HELP Did you install the CRM Exchange E-Mail router? "Nepdy" wrote: > Anybody please help me, i installed the MS CRM 1.2 like 2 months ago, it was > working just fine, today my boss wan...

Sync multiple e-mail accounts
I run Outlook 2007 and Windows Mobile 6. How do I get my contacts and calendar to syncronize between my phone and two e-mail accounts on my computer (G-mail and kiwilink)? "Need to Sync" <Need to Sync@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2ED27720-6208-41A4-BED3-F875E32D4FEB@microsoft.com... >I run Outlook 2007 and Windows Mobile 6. How do I get my contacts and > calendar to syncronize between my phone and two e-mail accounts on my > computer (G-mail and kiwilink)? Google Sync should work for gmail. I have no idea what "kiwilink"...

downloaded service pack 1 and now Microsoft Excel isn't working ri
When I got to the icon for the save option I get this message "The file ' .xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do?" *save a copy *overwrite changes this dialoge box is getting annoying, If I choose save a copy I have copy's of my files all over the place, if I overwrite then it does just that. But why do I have to do this everytime I open a file? I have looked everywhere and can't find my answer. Please remember that I just downloaded the Windows update service pack 1 and I believe that this i...

Adding Hyperlink to multiple values within a cell
My spreadsheet contains a list of people. The cell next to each nam contains multiple numeric values for identifying a specific piece o information. I would like to be able to click on one of those number (value) and a comment window pop up with the information associate with it, or be hyperlinked to the information further down th speadsheet. I want to avoid using multiple cells for this. Is this possible? Thank -- t2tru ----------------------------------------------------------------------- t2true's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=387 View this...

problem opening word 07
When I open word, a dialog box comes up which contains. among other things, the following instructions which I follow up to step 4 then I hit a snag as noted below. >The document contains macros. Macro language support for this application is disabled. Features requiring VBA are not available, Would you like to open this document read-only? Hide Help Open in Help Window • Microsoft Office Access, Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Office PowerPoint, or Microsoft Office Word -¬To check your macro security settings, click the Microsoft Office Button, click <program nam...

TAB Order
Hello, i want to transfer focus from child window to parent window how can i do it ? or what message is sent to application when TAB is pressed i couldn't get it done with keydown Thanks. Danish. Danish, GetParent()->SetFocus(); will transfer the focus from this window to its parent. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Sahil" <coder@topcoder.com> a �crit dans le message de news:%23h0o2TAOEHA.540@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello, > i want to transfer focus from child window to parent window how can i do it > ? or what message is sent to application when T...

My recipients recieving multiple copies
I'm using Outlook 2002 with Win XP Pro. I have dial up (POP3 & SMTP) in a little town with old phone lines. My recipients (never more than 50) sometimes recieve from 2 to 10 copies of the same message. I have increased the server time-out time from 1 minute to 9 minutes ( I figured that out on my own) but I'm not yet sure if that's the solution because my ISP guy tells me that Outlook really wasn't designed to send one message to more than 3 recipients esp. Bcc (I find that remark very hard to believe). My ISP guy tells me I should get an email program designed t...

Transferring users from 1.2 to 3.0 upgrade
I am trying to upgrade a 25-user 1.2 installation to a 10-user 3.0 setup. Only 7 of the 25 licenses are being used. When I run the setup, I receive the following message: There are not enough Microsoft CRM 3.0 licenses to include all the users from Microsoft CRM 1.2 in the upgrade. Please add enough licenses to cover all the active users or deactivate some users to match the number of licenses. As I said there are only seven active users, so there shouldn't be a problem. Does anyone know what I need to do to fix this problem? Thanks. Berk; I've never seen the error, but p...

CRM 1.2 07-27-06
My company wants to move away from CRM 1.2. They want to keep using the CRM database because of the volume of data that resides their. Can they still use the CRM database after the CRM 1.2 license expires? Yes. You own the data. As for the "license", it doesn't really expire. You have the rights to use the software, but you have a support contract which will expire. Once that expires, you will not be able to get free upgrade tot he software, but you can still continue to use the app. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Hammer" <Hammer@discussions.microso...

Multiple Email Accounts in Windows Live Mail
I added a yahoo.com email address within Windows Live Mail and decided against it. I removed it from the Live Mail properties but yahoo emails continue to post within Live Mail desktop. I've checked the obvious settings but can't find anything to change to make this stop. I want to totally remove yahoo.com email from Windows Live and access yahoo emails from the Internet. Do you by chance have a Hotmail account and in the account on the web site told it fetch mail from Yahoo? Hotmail website: Options, More Options,. Send and receive mail from other e-mail account...

[ANN] Office 2008 for Mac 12.2.1 available now
Office 2008 for Mac 12.2.1 update is live! Fixes bug where Open XML files couldn't be opened. Only English version is available now. Other languages soon. It is also not available via the Microsoft AutoUpdater (MAU) at this time. Download from Mactopia. <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx> Steps for a good install: Quit all Microsoft applications including the hidden ones. Easy way, Log out of your User under the Apple menu Log in holding down the Shift key to disable all startup items Install the updater you downloaded from Mactopia Restart -- Diane Good tip f...

Multiple stationeries #2
Hi We have three divisions in the company and need different stationery for each of them. Outlook, as far as I can see, only supports one stationery at a time. Is there a way to create three stationeries as html files and then load them somehow, may be via vba code, using buttons on toolbar? Is there a better way? Thanks Regards If you create three .html files and store them in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery directory, they will be accessible from within the stationery chooser. -- Eric Legault (Outlook MVP, MCDBA, old school WOSA MCSD, B.A.) Try Pic...

remove carriage return in multiple cells
Hello, I have an excel sheet with lots of data. Unfortunately lots of cells contain carriage returns. Is there a way to remove the carriage returns in those cells (more returns in a cell possible)? Thanks, Andy > Andy Select your range, then CTRL+H. In Find What, type 0010 (number keypad) while holding down ALT. Click Replace All. HTH, Andy Try running this macro: Sub RemoveCRLF() Cells.Replace Chr(10), "" Cells.Replace Chr(13), "" End Sub Afterward you may want to turn off Wrap Text (under Format, Cells, Alignment) for the affected cells. -- Jim...

is it possible to host multiple CRM databases on 1 SQL server?
Hi, Is it possible to host two separate (on premise) CRM server databases on one SQL server? I am trying to achieve the above scenario, but there can only be one MSCRM_config database on any one instance of the SQL server. The Implementation guide isn't too clear about what to do in this situation. - Can two CRM databases share the same MSCRM_config file? - Do I need to install another instance of SQL server for the second CRM database? Or is there another solution? Thanks Depends on your CRM installation. If you are running the Enterprise version, then you can add a new org...

Template for building personal dictionary of foreign words
I am looking for a template on which I could establish a personal dictionary for the Slovak language. The Slovak language is very complicated. All words have several grammatical forms. Many words have mulitiple uses. Best way to decipher the differences is to have ready the definitions and to see the use of the word in actual slovak sentences. So, a two field data base is grossly insufficient. I would like something more comples but not sure how to be innovative using excel creating such a template. Hello! I use Excel 2003. My understanding is that you are creating this dictionar...

CRM_URL Issues $1
Ok you really won't get a $1 for this but I appreciate any help. :) I have found a few postings on using the CRM_URL. I am using CRM 3.0 and developing the report in VS22005 linked to the production database. One that was some help is at the bottom of this page. My report has 11 data sources only one of tthose being used for the main table that I want to link the Opportunity CRM_URL with. The others are either for filter drop downs. I am not able to get this to work and I believe that I am linked directly to the database as I set up a direct connection to the database and although there ...

lookup value based on multiple criteria
Banging my head on this one... can anyone help?? I've got several thousand rows of data in three columns, structured similar to example below. Each set of ID numbers represents a separate contact entry (person) in an address book. FIELDNAME could include one or more of about 200 fields, and VALUE may be blank. ID FIELDNAME VALUE 1 FirstName Bob 1 LastName Smith 1 Company Tech Smith, Inc. 2 LastName Johnson 2 Company <blank> 2 FirstName Jim I've got a second sheet set up with all of the 200 possible FIEL...