=IF check box checked THEN "P"

I'm trying to find a way in Word to make a text string (possibly a single
letter) appear if a checkbox is checked.
We have 4 types of change note. Client Change Note being the highest down to
Design Change Note.
There are tick boxes for the user to indicate which it is.
At the top of the doc is written "Change Note"
I want to use an IF formula to make whichever type is ticked show up at the
top.
This may not be the best way to skin this cat, but that's my idea so far.
It is not currently a protected form.
I don't want to use a macro if I can help it.  I see from other posts that
there is some way use check boxes without protecting the form but from what
people say that appears to use a macro (I can't download zips on my work
machine, so I haven't investigated further).

Hi Bod,

If you're referring to checkbox formfields, they:
a. only work in documents protected for forms; and
b. cannot be tested via IF fields - you need a macro attached to their 'on-exit' property.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Bod" <Bod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081C0479-4918-48D6-8790-9D63F87433AB@microsoft.com...
> I'm trying to find a way in Word to make a text string (possibly a single
> letter) appear if a checkbox is checked.
> We have 4 types of change note. Client Change Note being the highest down to
> Design Change Note.
> There are tick boxes for the user to indicate which it is.
> At the top of the doc is written "Change Note"
> I want to use an IF formula to make whichever type is ticked show up at the
> top.
> This may not be the best way to skin this cat, but that's my idea so far.
> It is not currently a protected form.
> I don't want to use a macro if I can help it.  I see from other posts that
> there is some way use check boxes without protecting the form but from what
> people say that appears to use a macro (I can't download zips on my work
> machine, so I haven't investigated further).
> Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
0
macropod

Excel VBA
I can't seem to find the 'Draw" menu in Excel VBA... Am I correct in assuming that there is none? And that the Frame is the only way to group stuff on a Form?? thanks The frame is typical, but you can group some controls by using the GroupName. If you want lines on the userform, I think lots of people use a label that's really skinny--or use a picture of a line and then use that picture. tmb wrote: > > I can't seem to find the 'Draw" menu in Excel VBA... > > Am I correct in assuming that there is none? > > And that the Frame is the onl...

App only starts in CMD-Box, not in Explorer
Hello, I have a problem on a Windows Server 2003 R2. If I want to start a program in Windows Explorer by double-clicking, I get the error message: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." The message I get with a user which is member of the Domain Admins and Administrators. The permissions are also OK, everything is set to Allow, I have also checked with the effective permissions. If I start the application from a CMD box, it works. Has anyone an explanation for this strange behave...

Checking for duplication on rows
Hello, In a particular spreadsheet, I would like to verify if the same name is listed on multiple rows. The name is entered in multiple columns on the same row, that is acceptable, but I would like to know if the name is entered on multiple rows regardless of the column. How can I check this? THANKS, karmen -- Karmen ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Karmen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30972 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=509495 Presume you're checking some...

Problem With Deferral Check Links
Hi.. When i Do Deferral Check Links in File Maintenance. I am getting an error message "A remove range operation on table 'PP_File_Maintenance_Error_Log' cannot find the table. On clicking the more Info button. These messages are displayed " [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'TEST.dbo.zDP_PP400004L_1'. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'TEST.dbo.PP400004'. " In the database these two objects are not present. Can You Pl. tell me what to do about it. Thanks These do not...

Can I set up cascading combo boxes in a TABLE?
I am setting up a database for a research project. I would like to enter the data within the table as it is easier to see everything together. I have a combo box for General Injury Region, which is upper extremity, lower extremity, spine. I would like to the second combo box populate based on the first with shoulder, hand, wrist, etc. Thanks in advance! Debi wrote: > I am setting up a database for a research project. I would like to enter > the data within the table as it is easier to see everything together. > > I have a combo box for General Injury Region, wh...

Figures in data box and percentages in graph
Hi - I have a client for whom we have developed a report system. They now want an ammendment to some of the graphs which means that they want to be able to see the actual figures in the data box under the graph and the bars/lines in the body of the graph to be based on percentages. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Regards Andrew You need to fake the data table. Tushar Mehta has a discussion of data tables and alternatives on his web site, http://tushar-mehta.com. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://Pelti...

Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher
Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher heater <heater@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can you create a transparent text box in Microsoft Publisher Yes. Ctrl+T. You cannot make the text partially transparent. The text box can only be semitransparent in Publisher 2002 or 2003, and this does not always print correctly. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Thanks Ed, I tried that & it not quite what Im after. In microsoft word you can make the fill of a text box semi transparent. This is good for instance if you hav...

Text box won't accept format
I created a text box (tbPODollarValue) on an existing form. Its control source is "=cbPONbr.column(3)" where cbPONbr is a control on the same form sitting rightnext to my new text box (tbPODollarValue). I've set the format on tbPODOllarValue to "Currency", and its Decimal Places to 2. cbPONbr gets the right values. Its query is: SELECT tblPO.ID, tblPO.PONbr, tblPO.ProjectID, tblPO.PODollarAmt, ismember([GroupCode],moduleid()) AS Expr1 FROM tblPO WHERE (((ismember([GroupCode],moduleid()))<>0)) ORDER BY tblPO.PONbr DESC; tbPODollarValue displays the righ...

Pasteing In text into a current text box
When I cut text from a website and attempt to paste it into a current text box, Publisher 2003 defaults to create a new text box instead of inserting it into the preexisting one. How can I fixt this? Firstly you do not say which version of Publisher you are using. Secondly when you copy a webpage you are copying HTML. Use menu EDIT > Paste Special > Unformatted Text or paste into Notepad which will remove all the formatting and then re-copy and paste into Publisher. "��MS-Publisher��" wrote: > Firstly you do not say which version of Publisher you are using. ========...

Printing problems in the advanced find dialog box
I am using the advanced find tool in outlook to search my journal entries for a specific set of records by catagory. I then turn on the auto preview to expand all the details for the found records. When I then select all found records and print in memo view I get all the records to print, 1 page per record. If, however, I print those same records to a table view I get just a row of headings accross the top of the page but no data. Is this a bug in outlook or am I doing something wrong? -- Alan Barnes Innovative Solutions ...

Spell Check in Outlook Express
Running a nDell Dimension 2400. When I spell check e- mail in OE I get,"An error occurred whiole the spelling was being checked.". When I set the option to always spell check before send, I get the message, "The spell check on the document was halted. Do you want to send anyway?" Can someone solve this for me. I will be grateful. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x m...

Check out http://hackityourself.com
Guys, *Check out http://hackityourself.com* They hack email and myspace accounts for like $50, i used um before. Looks like their price even went down a few bucks. ...

check register template #2
at the top of the template a range of cells says stationary and if you look at it in print preview it stays on top of all other applications......does anyone know how this works???? how about you JulieD Hi Michele you mean how does row 4 & 5 get repeated on each page that you print out? if so, file / page setup - sheet tab, rows to repeat at top. Cheers JulieD "Michele" <Michele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAB47D9F-6674-4395-B629-CCCBD067E89D@microsoft.com... > at the top of the template a range of cells says stationary and if you > loo...

P/R adjustments after Calculate Checks
Hi, After Transactions>>Payroll>>Calculate Checks, is there an "easy" way to change/adjust the deduction amounts (ie: Federal W/H) prior to printing the checks. We are trying to do a parallel (catch-up) P/R run and changing the amounts prior to posting. Or.. should we post then use the Payroll Manual Check - Adjustment, to change it after posting. Thanks There is no way to update the information after you calculate paychecks unless you remove the build; make the adjustments; and rebuild/calculate. If you needed to determine a garnishment amount, for example, th...

Tooltips for a toolbar in a dialog box
I have placed a toolbar in a dialog box. How do I get tooltips to appear? Use the style: CBRS_TOOLTIPS when you create the toolbar. Tom "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23qb604yIEHA.1944@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I have placed a toolbar in a dialog box. How do I get tooltips to appear? > > ...

Check in vba if html document is already open.
I have a vba macro that opens an html document in IE. I want to be able have the macro check if the document is already open or not; if it is then I want to switch the focus to it rather than open another instance How can I achieve this? It is not sufficient to check if IE is running as the user may have other websites open at the time. TIA Chris ...

Evil combo box resizing problem
I use combo boxes in a resizable dialog. But I noticed that if I resize the controls (I use DeferWindowPos for flicker-free resize),and there is a matching string text in the list (for example, if the edit field contained "B", and there was "Base" string), the text in the combobox gets replaced with the matching string and the text gets selected (as if the drop-down list was opened and closed). I don't want that. How can I disable it? >I use combo boxes in a resizable dialog. > >But I noticed that if I resize the controls (I use DeferWindowPos for >...

Text boxes-tables using whole page
I dont even know if I can describe this. I have a word document that when viewed in print layout seperates the text boxes 1 per page. The first text box is for say a persons name and below that another box for say age.. Another box below that is for comments by the way these boxes expand as needed as more comments are added. And the last box is for reviewer and signature etc... So basically 4 input boxes printing on 4 pages when it should be 2. Interesting is the doc prints fine in portrait but needs to be in landscape and hence the formatting gets lost. I have tried to correc...

Email Spell Check
While composing or replying to an email, system no longer picks up spelling or grammer errors (red and green lines) as you type. It does do the spell check when you click "send". All settings are correctly set in both Outlook and Word. It does work correctly in Word. It was doing this in Office XP; upgraded to Office 2003 - same problem. Any ideas? Thanks! Are you using Word as the editor? What do you have showing in Word, autocorrect options? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus nam...

Check out this security patch from MS Corporation
--zzwjiwbzulyvvuvua Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vflqlbgsdzwdvrgbz"; type="multipart/alternative" --vflqlbgsdzwdvrgbz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="txcrjkggugzjtd" --txcrjkggugzjtd Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. In...

Spell check in Access Memo
Is there some way to turn on automatic spell check and grammar check in a memo field. Specifically, I'm wondering if the wiggly red line that denotes an error in Word also can apply to memo fields in Access. Thanks. Bob There is no grammar checking in Access. You can spell check using the following: Public Function Spell() ' Arvin Meyer 9/17/1998 ' Adapted from code by Terry Wickenden Dim ctlSpell As Control Dim frm As Form Set frm = Screen.ActiveForm DoCmd.SetWarnings False ' Enumerate Controls collection. For Each ctlSpell In frm.Controls If TypeOf ctlSpell Is Te...

capability of check printing
Does MSMoney have check printing capability? What I mean directly is 100% blank check stock. Payer information, bank routing, check number, etc. Not just the payee, date, and amount. You need special magnetic (MICR) toner for that. "mike" <trigger@watshall.com> wrote in message news:0b3f01c3815c$c423f110$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Does MSMoney have check printing capability? > What I mean directly is 100% blank check stock. > Payer information, bank routing, check number, etc. > Not just the payee, date, and amount. > See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q39 and h...

Apply a payment/check from Vendor to Return Transaction
The Payable/Purchasing Trial Balance report shows that the Vendor owes us the money. Now we received a payment/check from the Vendor. What steps do we do to deposit the check which will "apply" to the Return transaction shown on the report. Thanks for your help. Create a return transaction and enter the amount received using one of the payment methods. The default entry will be a debit to cash and credit to purchases. ...

How to check the privat checkbox in contacts via VBScripts
Hello, how is it possible to check the privat checkbox in a outlook/exchange contact via VBScript? thanks Dietmar ...

Spell Check in Outlook
I'm running XP Pro with office 2007 Ultimate (just installed ultimate - previously had office professional). I have encountered the same issue with both copies of outlook and has become more than an annoyance. After starting, or after prompting with one error, I get RESUME and no matter how many times I click resume, it will not resume. This happens more often than not. This does not happen when sending, only when checking spelling on an open message. I have also noticed that I'm getting difference results on errors with word and outlook. Don't they use the same dic...