"Find" window not opening in word 2007

I have an issue with the "find" window not opening. It seems to be only
affecting one computer on xp. As the find function works on that document if
I edit on another PC. I have already tried deleting the normal.dotm file. It
worked once then back to same issue. When I select ctrl + f or actually click
on the find button on the home tab, word seems to gray out as if the find
window is open somewhere, but I can find it. This is completely frustrating.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you start Word in Safe mode, then does it work? To start in Safe mode,
hold Ctrl as you run Word.

If Safe mode helps, exiting Word and deleting the Data key in the registry
would be worth trying. You might even try deleting the entire Word key.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"dan724" wrote:

> I have an issue with the "find" window not opening. It seems to be only
> affecting one computer on xp. As the find function works on that document if
> I edit on another PC. I have already tried deleting the normal.dotm file. It
> worked once then back to same issue. When I select ctrl + f or actually click
> on the find button on the home tab, word seems to gray out as if the find
> window is open somewhere, but I can find it. This is completely frustrating.

find instance of IE for server socket in activex component
Hi I have an activex component that has a server socket (using casyncsocket class) ..The problem is that when I have multiple instances of the IE open only the first instance (created first) recieves the messages the rest do not recieve the message. Is there a way to solve this problem .(i want the server send the reply to that instance of ie that sent the message) .Do I need to pass something like a pointer of hte javascript object .If so how Thanks When you say "server socket", that suggests a socket that does a Listen followed by an Accept. Otherwise it is a client socke...

find data and autopaste when found

can't find IMF setup in Exchange 2003 sp2
Dear all, After I upgrade to Exchange 2003 sp2, I can't find IMF setup option in SMTP virtual server. I've try re-install IMF but not work. Is that because sp2 remove IMF setup option in SMTP virtual server? Many thanks for your help! On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 07:34:07 +0800, "Staff" <user@normal.com.nospam> wrote: >Dear all, > >After I upgrade to Exchange 2003 sp2, I can't find IMF setup option in SMTP >virtual server. > >I've try re-install IMF but not work. Is that because sp2 remove IMF setup >option in SMTP virtual server? > &...

VBA code to find all formula cells with a variable and a constant
Using XL 2003 & 97 Not yet successful at trying to write VBA code to find all formula cells with a variable AND a constant. Also, I would like each identified cell to background-fill with yellow. Example: (Cells A2 & A3 are background-filled yellow) A1 = B1+C1 (Not selected - background no-fill) A2 = B2+10000+C2 (Selected - background - yellow) A3 = B1+C1+15000 (Selected - background - yellow) TIA Dennis ...

Can't find my tasks
Hi I got a problem. My tasks don't show under My Tasks - I can only see them under Outlook today. I think that the problem shall be found on the exchange server because I got the problem on to computers Sorry my bad English Troels Check your view settings on your Tasks folder to make sure you aren't filtering/hiding stuff. Troels Astrup wrote: > Hi > > I got a problem. My tasks don't show under My Tasks - I can only see > them under Outlook today. > > I think that the problem shall be found on the exchange server > because I got the problem on to comput...

Find all charts in a spreadsheet with C#
Hi, can anyone tell me how to find all the chart objects in a given worksheet or workbook in C# thanks, Ed. ...

easy way to find location of the named cells?
Is there an easy way to find the location of a named cell? If I am looking for a cell named SOMECELL. I cannot just select it in the "Name Box" on the formula bar. Because it will change the current cell to that name. is there a good way to find the location? or get to the location? thanks Maybe you'd be better off using: Insert|Name|Define and looking at that list. or... Get Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name Manager: You can find it at: NameManager.Zip from http://www.oaltd.co.uk/mvp It'll make working with names much ea...

Can't find project or library
I started doing a tutorial from the Microsoft site on macros, but didn't complete it (I downloaded the tutorial, but hadn't begun writing a macro). However, since I worked in that tutorial, I have been getting the above error message in every Excel worksheet I try to enter a cell reference into. For example, if I enter a reference to another cell on another worksheet, the error message appears every time. How can I make this stop? Tracey, You say you're doing a macro, but you also say you're putting a cell reference into a worksheet. ??? This could mean one of a few th...

How can I find the last populated cell in a column
I need to automatically read the last populated cell in a given column. Example:Cell R4 will pick up & display the last item in column B. There are a list of items in column B, ranging from cell B5 to B16. B16 is $200.00, then R4 should read $200.00 as well. If column B gets added on and B17 is $275.00 then R4 shoul automatically read $275.00. This should hold true for text or numbers -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi find below a couple of possible formulas (depending on the type of your data): In your case take A.2.d or A.2.e ------------------- A. Collecti...

cant find server
cant send e-mails tocraigslist How do you normally send emails? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "antyhony_geppi" <antyhony_geppi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in = message news:0B99A50B-48DD-4449-9A35-0B27521BD23F@microsoft.com... > cant send e-mails tocraigslist Thanks for sharing. "antyhony_geppi" <antyhony_geppi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B99A50B-48DD-4449-9A35-0B27521BD23F@microsoft.com... > cant send e-mails tocraigslist ...

find function #4
I'm trying to do a similair process to the lookup function, but the dat isn't sorted, and due to some cross sheet links, I am unable to sor the data. So I'm looking for a function to find the correct company i one range and then return the correct multiplier in the correspondin range... I will comment my function with missing code Function FindReturn(Company) Set Foundcell = ActiveSheet.Range("B62:B69").Find_ What:="end", LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlWhole) If Foundcell Is Nothing Then FindReturn = 1 Else r = Foundcell.Row ' FindReturn = value in cell wit...

to find number of days between 2 dates using vba code in excel
Hi All, i have 2 DateTime Pickers and a textbox. This texbox should contain the number of days between these 2 dates. I am unable to calculate number of days between 2 dates. I have used DateDIf function in the VBA code when i run the program i get "Compile error: Sub or Function not defined" *Please help me to solve this problem. 1. why i get this "Sub or function not defined error" 2. What to do to solve these kind of problem 3. Please help to calculate the number of days between given 2 dates* -- sjayar -----------------------------------------------------------...

is it possible to Restrict Find & Replace to 1 column
I need to Find and Replace values in a Column Same data also exists in other columns - so I would like to restrict the Find and Replace to a specified column I need to do this in a Macro ie. popup a text box Just select the column before doing the F&R. In article <e8o0hdwYFHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "Simon" <Simon@microsoftforums.com> wrote: > I need to Find and Replace values in a Column > > Same data also exists in other columns - so I would like to restrict the > Find and Replace to > a specified column > > I need to do this in a ...

can't find the front door
Hi - Hope someone can help. VERY new to CRM. Trying to launch it. http://localhost doesn't do it. Have SQL on and pointed to server. What's the default http:// for the CRM front door? Unlike Word or Powerpoint, there's no double-click and launch... and the Dummies book starts at the point that you're in CRM. I can't get in. Thanx, Budly uhm, assuming all went well with the install, try: http://crmserver/ or http://crmserver/loader.aspx make sure you don't have any pop-up blockers, or the window will simply close on you...... -Gary "budly" <freub...

Find Duplicates Query
I have a years worth of data where I'm trying to find records with duplicate values in the "IndividualName" field. I am using the find duplicates query in Access 2000. However, I only want records to return as duplicates if the the "DateCreated" field are within 30 calendar days of each other. Does anyone know how to do this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Matt. First create query to find duplecate names. Then use that query joined to your table twice. SELECT Matt.IndividualName FROM Matt GROUP BY Matt.IndividualName HAVING (((Count(Matt.Individua...

Find and Replace #5
Hi All, Happy New Year to everyone!!! Hey, I have a question: i have a spreadsheet in which several cells in one row have the sameinformation, let's say letter "N", as non-paid. the columnsare dates. And also i have columns with "StartDate" and "EndDate". like for example, an employee has "N" (non-paid) days from 9/1/08 through 9/15/08, but after the research the first 2 days are paid. so i need to change the first "N" days to "0". How do i make excel to do that operation for me? Thanks in advance. Hi, Select all the cell...

Can't find a switch to force ".jpg" attachments to be included in the body of an incoming email
I'm in the process of switching to Outlook from Netscape Messenger, and was used to having attached ".jpg" files expand within the body of the email. Can't seem to find a switch to allow same with Outlook. Thanks for any help. Don ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =---- Never mind. Guess I need to browse the group list before posting, as there are many instances of this posti...

Find a record in a Form -Access 2003
Hello I have a form based on a table which has 100 records and 18 fields the first of which is a "ID" field. Because each record represents one code(second field) and all its own alternatives codes,I should be able to retrieve the complete record, starting from any value listed in the table. I have tried by a combo using the wizard ; it works but the combo or includes just one of the fields so in many cases the searched value is in another field or, if I add other fields,becomes useless because it is quite to read the table itself. Is there the possibility in a text box or sim...

can't find news in outlook
The menu item NEWS disappeared from all menus and from the ADD NEW BUTTONS options. Outlook Express is NOT my default NewsReader. I checked this. I looked everywhere. One time the choice came back and I again placed NEWS on the GO menu. THen later after a normal shutdown and reboot it disappeared on it's own again. What can I do now to get it back? I am using Oulook 2003 Set OE as your default in Control Panel > Internet options > Programs, but NOT in OE itself. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Butch Cassidy" <EL@aol.com> wrote in message news:t96dnUezLZfhpCui...

MS CRM
Hi, Can anybody know how to find if an opportunity has been shared to the team in the SQL database? Or if you have any way to find it using C# code? Thanks a lot for your help. Use this query on the mscrm database: select u.fullname, t.name from dbo.PrincipalObjectAccess p left join systemuser u on p.principalid=u.systemuserid left join team t on p.principalid=t.teamid Where p.objectid='<ObjectID>' group by u.fullname, t.name, p.objectid Replace <ObjectID> by the id of the object your looking for. The will return the names of all users and teams which have bee...

Search Folder Doesn't Find Items in Deleted Items
In my Outlook 2003, I have a search folder that finds items older than 12 months. This works great EXCEPT it does not find items in my deleted items. Any idea why or how to fix? Thanks, Tom Rossi Dumb question, but did you check the search folder settings to make sure that folder is included in the search scope? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Tom Rossi" <tomrossi7@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a794248e.0407090629.31...

Where can I find Quattro Pro converters for Excel 2003?
I cannot seem to find Quattro Pro converters for Excel 2003 on the download page. Do you know where I can find them for this version? Thank You! ...

Could not find object databases
Any one knows a free tool or great way to solve my problem. when I open my database it says: " Microsoft jet engine could not find the object databases". Please help. Regards in advance, Marco After making a complete backup of the database, try doing a compact and repair. It's on the Tools, Database Utilities menu. If that doesn't work, Tony Toews has an excellent web page on database corruption. http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm Allen Brown also has excellent info on corruption. http://allenbrowne.com/ser-47.html I have a white paper in a Word documen...

Using Outlook 2000. I receive the message cannot find wab dll.
When entering new data: e.g. contact info, I receive the message cannot find wab dll. How can I fix this problem? Ed See the below concerning Outlook 2000 and the missing *.wab on Vista and Windows 7 http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Ed C" <Ed C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9236050-8502-4846-A1B9-F486C91B8A11@microsoft.com... > When entering new data: e.g. contact info, I receive the me...

Function that helps me find the middle value
Hi, I need a function that helps find the middle value. For example, if I have 12, 23 and 100, it must show 23. Or if I have 1,2,3 must show 2. Thanks Here's a generalised solution to the problem: =3DLARGE(A1:A10,ROUNDUP(COUNT(A1:A10)/2,0)) Your numbers can be anywhere in the range A1:A10 (as an example), and works best if you have an odd number of numbers. Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 18, 1:31=A0pm, Diana <dianamrco...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I need a function that helps find the middle value. For example, if I > have 12, 23 and 100, it m...