Word97 - Find/Replace

I just noticed that if I load a document into Word and then try to paste
something to Find or Replace form from another document (assumed string
being pasted comes from clipboard) that Word 97 will Not allow you to paste
that string -- It must be manually typed.

Would someone who is still using Word 97 please confirm this for me.
If this is by design "normal for 97" --- or if there a work around and/or
registry setting to correct this?

Thanks
David

0
David

Have you tried pasting the text into the body of the document first, then
re-copying and then pasting into the Find/Replace?
Apologies if this does not workbut I never used Word 97, only from 2000
onwards.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"David" wrote:

> I just noticed that if I load a document into Word and then try to paste
> something to Find or Replace form from another document (assumed string
> being pasted comes from clipboard) that Word 97 will Not allow you to paste
> that string -- It must be manually typed.
>
> Would someone who is still using Word 97 please confirm this for me.
> If this is by design "normal for 97" --- or if there a work around and/or
> registry setting to correct this?
>
> Thanks
> David
>

> .

Thanks for taking the time to respond

The text  is already in the body of the document in text (*.txt) format.
Just want to find a word in it.

"DeanH" <DeanH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Have you tried pasting the text into the body of the document first, then
> re-copying and then pasting into the Find/Replace?
> Apologies if this does not workbut I never used Word 97, only from 2000
> onwards.
> Hope this helps
> DeanH
>

> "David" wrote:
>
>> I just noticed that if I load a document into Word and then try to paste
>> something to Find or Replace form from another document (assumed string
>> being pasted comes from clipboard) that Word 97 will Not allow you to
>> paste
>> that string -- It must be manually typed.
>>
>> Would someone who is still using Word 97 please confirm this for me.
>> If this is by design "normal for 97" --- or if there a work around and/or
>> registry setting to correct this?
>>
>> Thanks
>> David
>>

>> .

0
David
3/11/2010 9:05:17 PM
If the file is a .txt format, have you tried Notepad or Wordpad that also
have Find/Replace functionality.
Hope this helps
DeanH