Word Hyperlinks Malfunction

When I click on a URL hyperlink in a Word document, I get the following
message - "An unexpected error has occurred".  No link in my brownser is made.

S.O.S :importing excell data into word
I have made an excell workbook and now I am trying to import the data into a word document. The problem is that the birthdates' format, and the decimals av the numbers change when importing to my word document! How can I solve this problem? PLEASE HELP. -- villi Use a number pattern in the Word field... In Word, toggle the field code and insert a number format switch: [MERGEFIELD Value_1 \# 0.00] In article <61FF77C2-CEAA-4F19-8A1A-B238E19961E7@microsoft.com>, "villi" <villi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have made an excell workbook and now I...

printing 100 pages of word file
I want to print 100 pages of a word file. I want to print two pages per sheet. I also want to use the front and back of the sheet. First i want to print odd pages (front of sheet) and then even pages (back of sheet). However when I do that the printed back of the sheet is upside down with respect to the printed front of the sheet. How to prevent this upside down problem? -- labview1958 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ labview1958's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32123 View this thread: http://www.excelfor...

Word data to pie chart?
I have alphabetized word data I want to convert to a Pie Chart? Is this possible with Excel 2003 without having to assign a number to each box of the word data? Thank you ...

Word 2007, Spell Checking is not working
I uninstalled and reinstaled Work 2007, but the Spell checking is not working. Proofing >> Exceptions are Un-Checked. Custom Distionaries >> Set to English (US) Check Spelling as you type is - Checked. Why the spelling still not working ? - niladri Please read "Office Word 2007" (not Work..!) "niladri chatterjee" wrote: > I uninstalled and reinstaled Work 2007, but the Spell checking is not working. > Proofing >> Exceptions are Un-Checked. > > Custom Distionaries >> Set to English (US) > > Check Spell...

Pub vs Word
Our group sends an 8 page newsletter consisting of articles and photos. We do it in Publisher 2000. We have been advised by a computer expert that we should do it in Word - 1) so that it can be emailed to those of our members with internet access and, 2) that we would have more room for articles, without boxes taking up space. I thought Publisher was expressly for such publications and had advantages over Word for layout etc. Should we change to Word? Can the newsletter be converted to Word when finished for those members with email and Word? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on ...

Macros failing in different language versions of Word
My company wants to standardize on templates across several countries - we have offices in many countries, but for simplicity I will just talk about UK and Sweden. My problem is that some features in the English version of Word do not work in the Swedish version of Word. For example, StylRef. I use StyleRef in the header margin to refer to "Heading 1" style. The problem is that it is not called "Heading 1" in the Swedish version of Word. It is called "Rubrik 1", which translates back to "Heading 1" of course. In the UK we use many macro...

Word X text converter for WordPerfect (wpd) files
Is there a text converter available for Word X that converts WordPerfect (spd) files? In article <0b1e01c39a76$b3cad9e0$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "JPS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a text converter available for Word X that converts WordPerfect > (spd) files? No. Check out Dataviz' MacLinkPlus: http://www.dataviz.com/products/maclinkplus/ ...

importing excel and word documents from pc to mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How can I import all files at one time without having to import files one at a time? On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 13:19:17 -0800, inc_brc@officeformac.com wrote: >Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How can I import all files at one time >without having to import files one at a time? If your machines aren't on the same LAN, copy the directory to a RAM drive, to your iPod, or to a network drive, and then copy them from there to your Mac. That's what I do. -- "In no part of th...

Not able to open word at the library
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Hi there, I started off with one question but was hoping you might be able to assist with a couple more! 1. On two occasions now I have been unable to open word documents at the reading rooms in the library. A message comes up saying that someone else already has it in use. The information on this site says that only one product key can be used to run this application. I don't understand how someone else at the library could have the same product key as me. Perhaps I need to re-install word? I bought this computer second-hand (i book G4) but I thi...

How do you copy from Publisher and paste into Word ?
I can not get my image or text to paste into word from publisher Select in Publisher, then use Ctrl+C, then move to Word and use Ctrl+V -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Jewel" <Jewel @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70235DD3-C6AC-4AE8-8A84-A977BA25E57B@microsoft.com... > I can not get my image or text to paste into word from publisher ...

introducing words OK, doing cuts NO
Hi i have a problem. I want to allow people from introducing words in cells in a sheet, but i don't want them to do cuts (ctrl x) to cells can i do that thanks ...

Automatically move a hyperlink
Anyone know how to automatically move a hyperlink that exists between two spreadsheets when you add a row or column in the base document? ...

alphabetize a column of words in MS word
can i alphabetize a column of words in MS word In Word 2003 or earlier, use Table > Sort. In Word 2007, click the Sort button on the Home ribbon (the one with an A and Z and an arrow). -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. On Thu, 20 May 2010 15:36:01 -0700, Dale <Dale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >can i alphabetize a column of words in MS word ...

Excel email address hyperlink does not update
When typing an email address in a cell a hyperlink was automatically set to that email address. When updating or changing the address the hyperlink stays linked to the old address and the edit hyperlink selection when right clicking the address is unavailable although the open hyperlink is available. Changing the value in the cell doesn't tell excel you want the hyperlink changed. Hit Insert|hyperlink (or ctrl-k) to modify the link address, too. Michael wrote: > > When typing an email address in a cell a hyperlink was automatically set to > that email address. When updati...

Why did a word docuement increased from 32kb to 981kb?
I use the same message as a templete for the next word docuement. Original size was 32kb. Lately it has increased to 981kb. Why? ...

Word spell check 04-21-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel How do I skip all repeated words. My documents intentionally use repeat words but the spell checker always stops at each one. The ignore all and the add functions are not available The spelling checker will always stop at repeated words. Your only option is not to use Spelling. Cheers On 21/04/10 4:34 PM, in article 59bb736f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "amclean4@officeformac.com" <amclean4@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard...

How To Find A Macro -- Word 2007
Our company has several hundred controlled forms that are saved as protected templates on a server. Recently, we've had many cases of people trying to open these templates and getting error messages about macros (Do you want to enable?) even though there shouldn't be any macros in the forms that are giving the errors. I know very little (read "less than nothing") about macros. How do you find and disable an unwanted macro in a document? Where do they hide? I don't know if it matters, but all of the forms that give these errors have been recently revised...

How can do you FAX a Word document in Word 2007 64 bit mode?
Tried to send a Word document via Internet FAX service. Dialogue box pops up saying that option is not abvailable in 64 bit mode. Is there any way to FAX documents from Office 2007? Sage words appreciated. If you have a fax modem and install fax software compatible with your version of Windows (Windows XP and some versions of Vista include fax software that is not installed by default - others will need third party software) you can fax directly from the PC by 'printing' to the fax software driver - http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htm -- <>>< ><...

number to words
Is there a way in excell to change a number in a cell to a word format? For example, the number 1000 will changed to one thousand pesos. Hi Try doing a Google search and you'll find many macros/procedures to convert numbers to text. Below a short list for this topic: MS Knowledge Base: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;213360 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;140704& Free Addin MOREFUNC-DLL which includes a UDF for this task (for various languages): http://longre.free.fr/english/ or have a look at http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfil...

Word 7 autorecovery not working
Use Vista Ultimate & Office 2007. Autorecovery used to work but now am getting this error message when I try to execute Autorecovery: MS Office Word cannot open this file because it is an unsupported file type. Help appreciated. ...

Embedding and Printing Excel into Word
I have a need to print an Excel file in landscape (multiple pages) but have a header/footer along the 8.5" edge of the page. I've been doing this in a two step process. First I would create and print the header/footer in Word in portrait layout, print in reverse order, load printer sheets into the printer feed tray and then print the Excel file in landscape between the header/footer. Not only does this take aditional time but the toner has a tendacy of smudging on some of the printed pages. Does anyone have an idea on a better method? ...

number sign appearing before hyperlink in enewsletter
When I send my e-newsletter, and,or, publich my e-newsletter to the web, a number sign appears before my "home" navigation link. It appears on every page of my newsletter and only on the "home" link which is the first link in my navigation box. Anyone know why, and better yet, how to stop this from appearing? ...

E-mail hyperlink to Lotus Notes
I'm trying to hyperlink from powerpoint 2007 where my default email program is set up as Lotus Notes. However when clicking the hyperlink powerpoint insists on trying to open Outlook which is not set up. I've checked the settings within Notes and it is definitely set up as the default e-mail program. Any ideas? Is it set as such in Windows "Default Programs" settings? -- James Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida "SimonC" <SimonC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCD05708-0B85-48CC-9B68-B23194663DAF@microsoft.com....

word document date
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm trying to create an invoice for last month + I cannot stop word from automatically inserting today's date. This occurs in a template I downloaded from microsoft. Go to Insert menu choose Date and time choose desired format and make sure that automatically update is unchecked. > Go to Insert menu choose Date and time choose desired format and make sure that automatically update is unchecked. <br><br>Thank you. ...

Linking/Printing Excel into Word
When copying and paste linking from Excel into Word for financial statments, and then trying to print - sometimes the fonts are correct, other times, the fonts print out unusually large or incredibly small. Is there a way to fix this??? I have updated links as needed, but still have a problem with the fonts changing. We print to the same printer over the same network. Thanks! ...