Word cannot start the converter mswrd632

When I opened a Word 2007 file that I have not used in several months, the
following error appeared in a dialog box:
Word cannot start the converter mswrd632

I closed the box and was able to open the file, which so far works fine,
except that in web layout view alone, the cursor does not show in the screen

What should I do to correct these two problems.
--
MZ

Hi,

There was nearly identical question very recently. See
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=&cr=&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.word.application.errors&p=1&tid=9e2167e9-30eb-41fe-9531-e3c3a33af4c6&mid=2c46d5ff-6af4-46d0-b53f-84a78d274f29 .

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"MZ" wrote:

> When I opened a Word 2007 file that I have not used in several months, the
> following error appeared in a dialog box:
> Word cannot start the converter mswrd632
>
> I closed the box and was able to open the file, which so far works fine,
> except that in web layout view alone, the cursor does not show in the screen
>
> What should I do to correct these two problems.
> --
> MZ

convert .123 file
Is there a way to convert a Lotus 123 spreadsheet (.123 extention) to an excel 2007 file? I'm not sure that they support the .123 files: http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?docid=14034 (Maybe they do, but haven't updated their documentation????) You may find the easiest way is to find someone with that version of Lotus and asking for help -- or maybe you have Lotus installed on an old PC??? Eprman1 wrote: > > Is there a way to convert a Lotus 123 spreadsheet (.123 extention) to an > excel 2007 file? -- Dave Peterson ...

how do i link a word to a colour so everytime i type the word gre.
im useing excell on office 2003 and have desgined a way of recordeing who has had their apprisal and what the overall result is. to grade the apprisals we have a colur scheme of red,amber,green and blue. i would like to be able to type the overall grade e.g blue and the cell colour to change to blue when return is pressedso i can see the overall results at a clance by the the color of the cell use conditional formatting regards Krum U�ytkownik "NRG_eyes" <NRG_eyes@discussions.microsoft.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:F2B9F419-38FC-45FF-84D0-0BCCE86AF9A7@microsoft.com.....

Saving custom watermarks in Word 2007
Hi there, I can create a custom watermark in word 2007 but I cannot save it to my gallery. Any ideas on how I can do this as I have to recreate my watermark each time. Many thanks Insert the custom watermark. Open the header view. Select the watermark then from the Watermark button on the ribbon, Save Selection to Gallery. From the WaterMark dialog that then appears namee the category in which you wish the watermark to appear. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor -...

Open by default at a particular page of word document
Hi, How to open a windows word 2003/ 2007 document such that whenever the document is opened, it opens at page numbered 5 by default instead of the first page ? Any ideas ? Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru ...

Word files open/save as read-only (atachments) in Outlook 2003
Hi, I have a problem that is a little weird. When I open a Word document in a message it opens as read-only. When I save to disk, saves as read-only. i have to change its properties do take off the read-only tick. It's strange because the origin of the file its sent as a "normal" document (not read-only). The Windows XP and Office 2003 are totally updated. Help please! Best regards, Jo�o That usually happens when you deal with the attachment from the Reading Pane. "Jo�o Rodrigues" <joao.miguel.rodrigues@portugalmail.pt> wrote in message news:%23S3jBh...

how to convert a number to text
how to convert a number to text eg. "2" to "two" Thanks http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213360 -- Gary''s Student "CQ" wrote: > how to convert a number to text eg. "2" to "two" > Thanks Hi CQ, You have also received responses to two ogf yoiu previous posts. --- Regards, Norman "CQ" <CQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B3D953E-19C9-4980-8E93-FA4F2AF3E3C4@microsoft.com... > how to convert a number to text eg. "2" to "two" > Thanks What...

Converting Accounts Payable Vendor numbers
Company uses GP (version 8.00g19) for about 5 years, but will be converting to 10.0 at end of fiscal year (after audit is completed). When company was first setup, vendor numbers in AP were randomly assigned numbers; with turnover, the new "regime" had started using an alphabetic system which has led to duplicate vendor IDs in the system when researching history. Is there a way to convert the old vendor IDs into the new IDs while maintaining history? Budgets are tight (as everywhere). -- pes Microsoft sells the Professional Tools module/library or you can go to an outside v...

converters
a few years ago I did all my proposals in Apple. Now I want to retrieve some of the data using my Dell and Windows tells me the Apple 31/2 floppy is not formatted! anyone know of a conveter so I can open these floppies? thanks Can u not open these up with a (borrowed, hired or purchased) Apple then eMail / upload those files over the Internet to whatever you need? Hany "WOT231" <jkcorrie@mts.net> wrote in message news:148001c37f19$39d44b30$a001280a@phx.gbl... > a few years ago I did all my proposals in Apple. Now I > want to retrieve some of the data using my Del...

Starting Balance Discrepancy
I've fallen behind on balancing my statements. The June 2009 statement balanced. When I started on the July statement the starting balance was off by $1,781.07! I have checked and re-checked my reconciled checks for June and can't figure out why this difference. I've searched for that amount and also possibly two checks which might add up to it but no luck. If it balanced in June why is there a difference in July? It's $1,781.07 less than what the bank says. I've been looking through the message boards for an answer but haven't found anything yet. ...

How do I imbed a Word document into an Excel cell?
I am trying to create a database of contact information. It is mostly textual information. I would like to insert reference Word documents into each record. This can be done easily in a Word table. However, Excel places the imbeded object on the sheet, not in a cell. As such, I can not sort, filter, etc. The best I have been able to figure out is to insert a hyperlink, which is unacceptable for my purpose. Thanks in Advance. Baxter, You can link stuff in a Word document to Excel. Select the Word text, Copy. In Excel, in the cell you want the link in, Paste Special - Text - Paste Lin...

Convert Access 97 to Access 2000
I have an Access 97 database that I wish to convert to Access 2000. Unfortunately it is not a simple task as I wish to convert it using some sort of utility that requires no user interraction as it to be performed as part of an SQL Server 2000 Job that runs nightly. At present, the Access 97 databse is registered as a linked server with SQL but due to incompatibilities between the two, the Job regularly fails with the following message : [SQLSTATE 01000] (Message 17954) OLE DB provider 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' reported an error. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 7399) [SQLSTATE 0100...

make inserted images in word pop up in a new window
How can i do this Insert an very small image in a word doc and make it pop up in a new window when clicked ...

What is a good start book
What is a good start book for XML and ASP.net with C#? highly recommended: Programming ASP.NET, Microsft Press, by Dino Esposito "me" <wu_jenblahminusblah@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ukn0QcAJFHA.2640@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > What is a good start book for XML and ASP.net with C#? > > Applied XML Programming for Microsoft .NET (by Dino also) is great too. There is probably a far amount of overlap. "Gordon Smith" <GS@NoSpam.net> wrote in message news:uBD$1hAJFHA.3832@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > highly recommended: > > Programm...

I've never used Outlook 2007? What's the best way to get started?
I need to learn Outlook quickly. The online tutorials I've seen seem more geared to someone who has used an earlier version of Outlook before. I need a "Dummies"-type tutorial. Help, please! Job seeker wrote: > I need to learn Outlook quickly. The online tutorials I've seen seem more > geared to someone who has used an earlier version of Outlook before. > I need a "Dummies"-type tutorial. Help, please! Double click on the Outlook icon. Follow the simple directions. Alias there is a dummies book... my preferred method is to play with it, check out ...

converting column of text to text box for repetitive records
Hi, I have a spreadsheet which contains employee information including job skills. My problem is that each skill (cook,candlemaker, etc.)creates a new row for that employee, duplicating fields that don't change, name, ss#,etc with the only new info in the row being the skill Like this: Jane doe,123456789,555-555-5555,cook Jane doe,123456789,555-555-5555,candlemaker What I want is 1 row for each employee with the last column containing all the skills in a text box or separated by commas. Is there an easy way to do this in Excel? Or even Access? To clarify, I want to convert all skills list...

Converting Accounts -> Leads
I am having an issue where some 6000 records have been entered as Accounts/Contacts that should have been entered as leads. I am looking for a way to automate the conversion of these accounts/contacts into leads as they should be. Does anyone know of any easy way to do something like this? Thanks for any insight. I would export all of them to excel and map the contacts to the accounts over there. After that I would use the standard import toll for leads. I know its hard to delete 6000 records, 100 a time. There are an UNSUPPORTED method where you could set deleationstatecode =2 in th...

Outlook 2007 Beta 2 Won't Start
I was using Outlook 2007 Beta with only minimal problems, IE: Adding a picture to an eMail caused the printout to be extremely small (a full page will print in a space 1 1/2" x 2"). Anyway I opted for the Beta 2 Refresh. Now, all my programs work, with a few errors, but Outlook will not start. 1st I needed a Technical refresh (done). Now I'm told the program cannot initialize the MS shared files ?? I installed the software, ran setup, entered my profile, re-booted, now it won't work. Anybody else having this problem? Any solutions? ...

Export or Import into WORD
Is it possible to export or import a worksheet into WORD? I want to be able to see all the columns and rows as they are seen in Excel. Copy the information you want from Excel. Switch to Word and Select Paste Special, In the Paste Special window, select the Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object and click OK. Then Double Click the object and you will see all the row and column headings along with the sheet tabs. -- Dave Herard MOS Master Instructor Microsoft Certified Trainer www.clicknlearnct.com "l_croft1" wrote: > Is it possible to export or import a worksheet into W...

convert string base64Binary to byte[]
Hi, I have a bitmap stored in a XML document in binary (base64Binary ). I need to convert this data to byte[] for creating the CBitmap. Here is a screenshot of my code: CString strBinImage = "R0lGODlhOQAwAPUAAAAAAKBggOCgwIAAAMBggMDAwKBAAMCggKDAwMCgwEBAgKCgpP/ 78KBAQGCggGBAgAAAAABAgKbK8MDAgMBAAKBgAKDAgAAAQGBggGBAQAAAgEAAQMDcwMBAQKCgwGAAQEBggKBgQKCggMAgAEBAQMBgAEAAgGCgwKBAgGBgQKAAQMBgQOBAAEBgQOCgAP8AAODAAGBgAMDAAMCgAGBAAKCgAEBgAMDgAEBAAMAAQEAgAABAAGCgAAAAAAAAAAAAACH5BAEAAAAALAAAAAA5ADAABQb/ QIBwSCwaj8ikcslsOp/ QqHSaDFCvTsGAgEUWBAWs4XBFgI0JBWDBmCYMDeoC4HgcIZGCZBJdBCgVc1ACFgwKF2FHDxcYAGRO...

How to enable "Convert Ink to Text" programmatically
Hi all, I am using the Visio automation control (Visio OCX) and am having troubling enabling "Convert Ink to Text" command for tabletpc or "Convert Ink to Geometry" command using my own command buttons and context menu. I have check out the VisUICmds constants from the sdk help file but can't find the command. From the visio application, you get to see such commands if you do a right-click over an ink object. Anyone have any idea how to enable such commands programmatically? Regards, Keng Yuen I don't believe that visio is ink enabled.... Al "Keng Yuen ...

Inserting Page Numbers in Footer but Not Starting at one
In the footer, when I put in &[Page]+4. I would think that my page numbers would start at 5 and continue to 6, 7, 8, 9. This doesn't happen. Any suggestions??? Hi You must add a space after the 4 &[Page]+4 See also this KB http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;48198 XL: Setting Starting Page Number in Header/Footer -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Robert Bochar" <rbochar@usbr.gov> wrote in message news:5f5001c48abb$63750f70$a301280a@phx.gbl... > In the footer, when I put in &[Page]+4. I would think > that ...

Letter size envelopes in Word 2007
Question: In Word 2007 Page Layout - Size, I'm only seeing 5 envelope sizes. None of them are the standard letter size envelope (3 5/8" X 6 1/2"). Is there something missing from the formats? I tried using the custom setting, but when I do my printer (HP Color LaserJet CP1518ni) stops after each envelope and cleans itself then gives me an error message: "Unexpected paper size". My printer drivers are all up to date as is Office. Why would Microsoft leave out such a common envelope size? And is there anything I can do about this? It's not Microso...

How do I prevent hyperlink coding from appearing in Word doc?
When I hyperlink text in a Word 2003 doc, the hyperlink coding is showing up in my document instead of just highlighting/underlining the text that I want hyperlink. It looks like this, for example: {HYPERLINK "www.google.com"}. I can't find the setting to change this. Wierd thing is, I've been merrily hyperlinking for months and this suddenly happened and now happens in all my word docs. ALT+F9 -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My we...

help word 2007 unable to read 2003 documents
since automatic updates has applied the recent office updates the facility to open word 2003 downladed documents has been disabled.I need to open them..Is there any simple secure way todo this Fingers crossed i have now re installed word from woks suite 2002 instillation disc.by use of this version i can now open /read/print. so far no clash between both versionso "bill" wrote: > since automatic updates has applied the recent office updates the facility to > open word 2003 downladed documents has been disabled.I need to open them..Is > there any simple...

Why do I get extra Level 1 entries in my TOC? (Word 2007)
In several large docs 'things happen' to the document between saving and reopening. When reopening a doc, a lot of entries appear in my TOC as 'Level 1' - for instance all my 'Figure texts' and often text that appear adter dobule carriage return (double space). Why does this happen? When examining this issue - I notice that all the erroneus entries have been changed to level 1 in their properties. It takes me at lest 1/2 hr to clean this up each time - incredible irritating.. Press Alt+F9 to show the TOC field code. Delete the \u switch (which instruc...