WORD 2007 Student Edition

DELL Dimension 9200, VISTA ULTIMATE 32, 4G RAM.
I have a word document now 900 KB called Medicine, where I copy and paste
all sorts of medical information from the Internet. Ever since I installed
the office 2007 student version, for unknown reasons it will shutdown. It
will start to find the problem and later says it cannot solve the problem.
Now to copy and paste in the document I have to save every step. 1. after
pasting 2. after inserting Textmark 3. after linking with the Textmark. If I
don't save and WORD shutsdown, only after rebooting the computer it works
again. Request help.

All I can add is that I have seen similar problems reported but never got to
the bottom of the problem.

My guess is that copying across from many different sites may introduce so
many different formats that some may conflict in sufficient numbers to cause
Word to crash. If that is the case, then I suggest pasting as Plain Text
rather then introduce all those different formats.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Joel" <Joel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> DELL Dimension 9200, VISTA ULTIMATE 32, 4G RAM.
> I have a word document now 900 KB called Medicine, where I copy and paste
> all sorts of medical information from the Internet. Ever since I installed
> the office 2007 student version, for unknown reasons it will shutdown. It
> will start to find the problem and later says it cannot solve the problem.
> Now to copy and paste in the document I have to save every step. 1. after
> pasting 2. after inserting Textmark 3. after linking with the Textmark. If
> don't save and WORD shutsdown, only after rebooting the computer it works
> again. Request help.

0
Terry
11/13/2009 8:22:40 PM
The way to paste as plain text is to copy the information you are pasting
from websites into word.  When you do this, a little clipboard icon will
appear. Click it, then choose 'paste as plain text'

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

> All I can add is that I have seen similar problems reported but never got to
> the bottom of the problem.
>
> My guess is that copying across from many different sites may introduce so
> many different formats that some may conflict in sufficient numbers to cause
> Word to crash. If that is the case, then I suggest pasting as Plain Text
> rather then introduce all those different formats.
>
> --
> Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
>
> "Joel" <Joel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > DELL Dimension 9200, VISTA ULTIMATE 32, 4G RAM.
> > I have a word document now 900 KB called Medicine, where I copy and paste
> > all sorts of medical information from the Internet. Ever since I installed
> > the office 2007 student version, for unknown reasons it will shutdown. It
> > will start to find the problem and later says it cannot solve the problem.
> > Now to copy and paste in the document I have to save every step. 1. after
> > pasting 2. after inserting Textmark 3. after linking with the Textmark. If
> > don't save and WORD shutsdown, only after rebooting the computer it works
> > again. Request help.
> >
> .

constant crashes outlook 2007
My Outlook crashes often, and then will not reopen without being in safe mode and scanning all of my files, which takes about 45 minutes. It is now at the point where I will close the program normally, without it crashing, and it still tells me that it did not close properly. Any ideas? You have some interfering add-in installed? Perhaps an anti-virus e-mail scanner? If so uninstall it. Install the Anti-virus without the e-mail scanning add-in. Jenell wrote: > My Outlook crashes often, and then will not reopen without being in safe mode > and scanning all of my file...

XP trying to download office home and student 2007
I am trying to download office to my XP. I keep getting error 1305. Can anyone please help? This is not related to Windows Update. Try an Office newsgroup. "kelli" <kelli @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94747E84-9E7F-41F8-A2DF-D2BC426AE283@microsoft.com... :I am trying to download office to my XP. I keep getting error 1305. Can : anyone please help? kelli wrote: > I am trying to download office to my XP. I keep getting error 1305. Can > anyone please help? Do you mean from here? http://www.openoffice.org/ -- ...

return key in text edit
I would like to enter a text in my text box on the form. When I press "enter" key the form goes to next record. I want to enter a text to go to next line, but I am unble to do so. I need type in the note pad which has multi lines and copy paster to the form. Are there any property to turn retrun key to go to next line in the text edit instead go to next record. Your information is great appreicated, On Dec 13, 6:06 am, Souris <Sou...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like to enter a text in my text box on the form. > > When I press "enter" ke...

Underlining words
How can I underline a word on a slide AFTER I've shown the slide? The easiest way is to use ink (drawing on the slide with your mouse) or use a separate animated line. Will these underlines be done in a specific order? Bill Dilworth "Carmetta" <Carmetta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E55D5FB9-3F05-47EB-8AF7-C9EA8113DC0A@microsoft.com... > How can I underline a word on a slide AFTER I've shown the slide? Copy the word Paste it Underline it Give it custom animation such as 'appear' 'after previous', either &...

Hyperlink within Database 2007
I am creating a rather extensive database in Access 2007 that is going to have many tables. To make this database user-friendly I want to create Hyperlinks that link to tables within the database. Here is a basic idea of what I want to do: In Table 1 I have a field with Location Identifiers the run from 01 to 31. I'd like to create hyperlinks in this feild. For example 01 represents Maryland. Pertinent info for Maryland is listed on Table 2. Is it possible to create a hyperlink on the field/row location for 01 to link the user to table 2? Any help on this woul...

Signatures (Outlook 2007)
Hi, I have created signatures in my desktop Outlook 2007. However I lost them when I transfer the PST file to my laptop. How can I have the same signatures in both computers ? Thanks Bangali Bangali <bangali.doctor@gmail.com> wrote: > I have created signatures in my desktop Outlook 2007. However I lost > them when I transfer the PST file to my laptop. How can I have the > same signatures in both computers ? Signatures are kept in %AppData%\Microsoft\Signatures, not in the PST. -- Brian Tillman ...

Unique Words
I am copying and pasting numbers and text from 2 seperate programs. The 1st program has numbers in front of the text. I remove the numbers by doing a text column and then deleting the number column. With the text that remains in the next column I then move it over to column A. Then I grab my next set of text from the 2nd program and copy and paste it afterthe last word in column A. I then do an A-Z sort to list them alphabetically. I then name the top row "NAME" and try to do a filter to take out the duplicate names by doing a unique filter on that column. However, all...

SendMessage to MS Word
Hi, I am using VC++ 6 sp 6 on Win 2K. I am writting a dialog based MFC app that allows the user to send some words into MS Word. I am not sure how I can do that. My current code are as follows, but for some reasons it didn't worked :-( LPCTSTR classname="OpusApp"; //classname of ms word DWORD foregroundThreadID; // foreground window thread DWORD ourThreadID; // our active thread HWND hwnd = ::FindWindow(classname, NULL); if (hwnd != NULL) { // Check to see if we are the foreground thread foregroundThreadID = GetWindowThreadProcessId(hwnd, NULL); ourThr...

checking the file permissions for a word document
I am unable to open a word document that I have downloaded and saved to my computer. Once the document is saved and I click open, I receive a message that states "Check the file permissions for the document or drive or Open the file with the Text Recovery coverter." How do I check the file permissions for this document? ...

Moving quickly through large Word documents
Hi! I’m creating an alphabetical list of movies that I have on DVD. Right now I have about 400 and the number grows daily. At the beginning of the document I’d like to put the alphabet so that if you click on a letter (e.g. F) you can quickly go to that section having all my movies starting with F. Is such a thing possbile? Thanks. P.S. I’m using Word 2007 with Vista Ultimate. -- nnicko Assign a bookmark to start of each letter in your document. Then at the top of your document, add hyperlinks to the bookmarks. Yves "nnicko" <nnicko@discussions.microso...

outlook 2007 and windows 7
I have just upgraded from Windows Vista to Windows 7- already had Office 2007 Suite. Shortly after upgrading, all of my emails prior to the date of install as well as all of my calendar appts. disappeared. We have searched for the .pst files and the only ones we have found are the ones listed in Outlook 2007 already. Any ideas on how I might be able to restore all of this information? "btmonahan" <btmonahan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AACD181-310B-4331-88BD-9D554611A46D@microsoft.com... > I have just upgraded from Windows Vista to Wi...

Opening Attachments (mainly Word documents) from Mail.
I am having a problem with trying to open Word Documents from Mail. When ever I try to open the attachment I get an error message that specifies the following: "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Set Association control planel." I have made this correction in the Set Assocaition control panel, but the error message continues to persist. Can anyone please provide some assistance. Thanks. Take a look at these.... http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/232/1/Unable-to-open-DOC-attachment...

Automatically attach a text file to all messages in Outlook 2007
I'm using Outlook 2007. Is there any way to automatically attach the same text file to all outgoing email messages? You can do this with VBA. What are you trying to achieve with this? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "AndyA" <AndyA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AC5726C-2061-49A2-B2D5-A67D9B56EC88@microsoft.com... > I'm using...

Colors in Word 2007
How do you get a nice, true blue font color in Word 2007? 2003 used to have a nice blue, but the closest I can get in 2007 has RGB values of 84, 141, and 212. It's kind of a wishy-washy grayish sky blue instead of a nice true blue. Is there any way I can get the same blue color that used to be standard in 2003 onto the standard colors pallette? Thanks, Jerry If you are looking for the color that was identified just as Blue in the Word 2003 color palette, then it's RGB 0, 0, 255. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA...

allow customer or vendor CODES to be editable
Once a Vendor/Customer (or even an Inventory Item) is created, the CODE field can no longer be edited. In reality, people, companies, etc. change their names. This leaves few options: (1) try to find and replace it in SQL (with potentially dangerous results), (2) purchase 3rd party software to do this (this should be part of the core), or (3) create a new account, and inactivate and reference the old one (resulting in the loss of information continuity). The problem is GP uses these CODE fields as keys to transaction entry -- a mistake in it's design in my mind. I see two ...

Outlook 2007 messages stuck open?
I've recently upgraded to Outlook 2007 and besides it running INCREDIBLY slowly, I have messages that stay open in my Taskbar long after I've closed or sent them. Anyone run into this? How can I fix this? The only way I can make them disappear of the taskbar is to close outlook and re-open it. Ugh ...

Multiple internet email accounts office 2007
I have 2 internet email accounts. I can add them both to my profile but what I want is to be able to see both accounts in the panel on the left hand side. Cannot find any help that says do this... if this was exchange accounts not a problem Both of the accounts are working ok, can send and receive. Currently using office 2007 standard Thanks http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/sortmail.htm See settings specific to 2007 Also can depend on the type of mail account "Nutty Fudge" <Nutty Fudge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B56E217-904C-4A0D-A7B...

Outlook 2007- Outlook Connector
My Outlook 2007 has Outlook connector installed and uses it to downlowd and sync messages with Windows Hotmail. This is currently not working and messages in the Inbox are not showing up in Outlook, etc. Any ideas? All other e-mail accounts are working. Thanks I too am finding the same problem. To add some information, I am able to send from Outlook using my Windows Live account, but the sent message does not get synched to account and resides only on my local machine. I have tried this across two separate machines with same results. -tdm "HFS" wrote: > My Outlook ...

shortcuts in the top left corner of Outlook - flagged items
Hello, I know you can make shortcuts for inbox, sent items, even unread items. Can you make a shortcut for flagged items? Yes, that would be a shortcut to the "For Follow Up" Search folder. If you do not have that folder yet, you can create it easily via File-> New-> Search Folder... and then add it just like you added any other folder to your Favorite Folders list. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Rea...

Opening Word Attachments is slow in Outlook 2000
Opening a word document attachment is very slow. It's on a W2K machine running office 2000 pro. Other attachments work fine and opening the word documents outside outlook work fine. Jerry. ...

edit, fill, justify
in excel 2003 to justify text in a range of cells, you did edit, fill, justify. How the hell do you do it in excel 2007? thanks -- tom ps i hate the new tool bar Hi Tom, Customize your quick access toolbar with the Justify icon. Squeaky "Tom" wrote: > in excel 2003 to justify text in a range of cells, you did edit, fill, justify. > > How the hell do you do it in excel 2007? > > thanks > -- > tom > > ps i hate the new tool bar Tom - Excel 2007 Home ribbon | (Editing section) Fill | Justify - Mike http://www...

Word 2007 doc , upload problem in CRM
Hi, I was trying to upload the word 2007 doc in Account with size only 10 KB and was getting error. There is no problem when you zip the word2007 doc. The error was like : "File upload filure ......". If i convert the word 2007 to office 97 or 2003 doc , i dont get any problem while attaching a document to Account . anyone having same problem? regards Aami Hi, anyone can check this one for me please? if it is the issue with office 2007? thanks Aami Hi Ronald, Thanks . When i open an account and upload the document in 2007 word. I get the following error : File Upl...

missing/lost files in office 2007 (64bit) after saving
We have deployed Office 2007 on a SBS 2008 network (64bit) after some problems converting the ACT data base & associated Excel & Word 2003 document formats everything seemed to getting along. Yesterday I had a call to say an Excel spread sheet, converted on the 9th March, had disappeared after a recent save. The shared spread sheet (located @ \\server1\actshare\documents) has been used for several days & it appears in the “recently opened” list at the top of the workbook but when they try to open it they receive a file path error & when I search the server the fi...

Access 2007 and the MS Forms 2.0 Scrollbar control
I have a form that contains a Forms 2.0 scrollbar control. The form has been working perfectly under Access 2002, but I'm evaluating Access 2007 and the scrollbar's Updated event doesn't seem to be firing at all. Is anyone familiar with using this control under Access 2007? Thanks for any information, Carl Rapson Hello Carl, I tested on Access 2007 and I saw the same behavior. Also, I found that Ms Form Image update event is no longer detected by the VBA. It seems the support of MS Forms 2.0 controls is not complete in Access 2007. I have forwarded this issue to the pro...

Excel chart changing colour when pasted to word.
When pasting a chart from Excel to Word. The Excel chart loses its colours. The colour it loses are the more complex ones like grenn with white vertical stripes and plain colours don't cause a problem. ...