Word 2007 crashes on opening

recently MS Word frequently crashes as soon as the app is opened, and only by
shutting down Windows and restarting am I able to get the program stable.
The error dialogue is as follows:
Fault Module Name: StackHash_3c89

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ajaxt" <ajaxt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> recently MS Word frequently crashes as soon as the app is opened, and only by
> shutting down Windows and restarting am I able to get the program stable.
> The error dialogue is as follows:
> Fault Module Name: StackHash_3c89

0
Stefan
5/26/2010 8:24:26 AM
As good place to start for tips on what may be causeing your problem is the
following article:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm
Come back if the problem persists.

Hope this helps
DeanH

"ajaxt" wrote:

> recently MS Word frequently crashes as soon as the app is opened, and only by
> shutting down Windows and restarting am I able to get the program stable.
> The error dialogue is as follows:
> Fault Module Name: StackHash_3c89

SharePoint (WSS) 2007 / Outlook 2007 - Alert
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C70E47.83B45950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have setup a SharePoint Server (WSS) 2007 and are using the alerting = functionality. After we changes stuff on WSS, an alert message is generated and sent to = an email account. This e-mail account is hosted on an Exchange 2003 server. When using Outlook 2007 to open the e-mail, we get: Cannot open this item. Wenn using OWA the e-mail can be opene fine. Does somehow have an explanation for th...

disable Review toolbar which came up automatically when opening a.
How can I disable the Review Toolbar which comes up automatically when opening a file? In the Workbook VBA actions. The top left hand corner there is an Excel logo, not the one in th blue program bar, but in the menu bar. Right Click and select "View Code" There will be two drop down boxes one that will probably say General if this has never been entered previously. Change the box on the right to Workbook. Then Change the right hand box to "Activate" Insert the following code Application.CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False exit the VBA screen and t...

"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possi
"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because another user has a source table open in exclusive mode. your query will be opened in design view" what this message mean ,and how can i solve it Hi - Please provide more details as to what you are doing when you get the error, what your database setup is (i.e. split Fe/BE?, multiuser?, version? etc). Without more information, we can only guess. Thanks - John amr wrote: >"the wizard is unable to open your query in datasheet mode, possibly because >another user has a ...

copy does not work in word 2003

Excel 2000 vs. Excel 2002

Opening .prn files in XL2000

Chart printing issue in Excel 2007

Trying to open the current db in Access 2010 through Access Basic
I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a long time. Through Access Basic coding, I use to be able to open the current database and then open a table and walk through each record. Now I can't even open the database. Does anybody have an example of how to do the following: 1) Open Workspace 2) Open Current Database (assume name is unknown during run time 3) Open specific table 4) Step through each record and access the fields George C. Derkacs <George C. Derkacs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a lon...

Install 2003 after 2007?
I had Office 2003 and upgraded to 2007, other than Outlook I didn't like it. I wanted to reinstall 2003 Excel & Word. Per instructions here I uninstalled 2007 except Outlook and upon attempting to reinstall 2003 I get the error message, "Business Contact Manager requires Outlook 2003, please install Outlook 2003 before running setup". Help please. Thanks in advance... Bob Answered in the other group post "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@cox.net> wrote in message news:jH5Xl.21061$IP7.4196@newsfe23.iad... >I had Office 2003 and upgraded to 2007, other tha...

Re: Outlook 2007
I sent this 3/4 days ago but can not see it in the group. In addition after this each time I go into news groups the name of the group turns red in color?? Can not figure what this change in color means. > Each time I start Outlook jumps a message: "A data file did not close > properly > last time it was used. It will be checked.... bla, bla, bla..." > Vista ultimate, Dell computer. Could one do something?? Regards Ted > > A minute later comes up an other message that the file was checked. > Red means a subject you're following has been resp...

MS Access 2007, Forms
When using the "Forms Wizard", I need to use the "Style: Ricepaper", but it isn't available in the 2007 version and I have not been successful trying to find it in Office Online or on the web. Does anyone know where I can get it? Access 2007 has 25 AutoFormats, but as you noticed, they are virtually all new ones. It's actually nice to see that these were updated. To get the older Ricepaper style you could probably create a form in an earlier version of Access and then import it into your current database. If you're using the ACCDB file format, you would...

Tables in 2007
What are the advantages to converting a list to a table in 2007? Why does the table have a name? I did read in help that you can post a 2007 table to sharpoint services. What does that mean? -- Thanks. Confused Hi, Go to the excel help and type Tables then open the one that says Demo: Organize your data by using an Excel table, and then in How to do it, click on Overview of Excel Tables if this helps please click yes, thanks "Confused" wrote: > What are the advantages to converting a list to a table in 2007? Why does > the table have a name? > > I did read...

Help
Hi... I tried to work on Word today for first time on newish Mac and realized none of my Office applications work. When I double click on Word I can see something happening as I get the circle of colours twirling, but half an hour later it still hadn't opened. I just have to do this as quickly as possible as I have a deadline for what I have to do Monday at 12. I've tried reinstalling the software, but that didn't do anything for me. Mind you I know absolutely nothing about installing anything on Mac computers so I could be doing it all wrong. Do any of you have any idea what c...

Stop changing of languages in Word 2003 when typing letter.
While typing a letter in Word 2003 it changed from English to what looked like Arabic language. I have rebooted 3 times and started over and still the same occurs. I even copied what I had in English to an email in Yahoo and sent it to myself and rebooted. Came back to that same email and copied it to a new email that I started to myself, and when I started typing it would only type in what looked like Arabic language. This happened to me once a couple of weeks ago, but never occurred again till now. What do I do? In the Language dialog box, turn off the option to autom...

Required OS for Exchange 2007
I have installed Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise 32 bit x64. When I try to run Exchange 2007, I receive "the image file setup.exe is valid but is for a machine type other than the current machine". Any idea? On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 22:52:43 -0800, "Xeon" <Xeon@donotemailme.com> wrote: >I have installed Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise 32 bit x64. When I try to run >Exchange 2007, I receive "the image file setup.exe is valid but is for a >machine type other than the current machine". Any idea? > So you arent using the 64 bit version of Windows? No...

Outlook 2007 missing emails until restart
I have a user running Vista Business Basic along with Office 2007 Professional that is having a problem with emails not showing up in the inbox. The user has a PDA that does get the email and if you search of the email on the computer, you find it and can open it without issue. However, the email still may not show up in the inbox until a restart of Outlook. Currently the user has caching enabled and other then the missing emails, runs stable. However, if we turn off the caching we experience an application crash with the following: Event Name: APPCRASH Applicatio...

Extra word prints that does not show when viewing the document
When I print my document or view it, this extra word is not there. When the document prints, this hidden word is in the printed document. How do I find this hidden word and delete it? If it prints, you know where it is. Have you turned on your nonprinting characters, etc? Have you tried copying and pasting it into a new blank document? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "S Roberts" <S Roberts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C437AFE5-8C0F-4859-8994-AA78D18CA573@mi...

Excel chart linked in Word gets formatted when updateing.
Hi, I have a bit of an annoying issue with excel and word 2007, I have a Chart in excel, and the text on the horizontal axis is rotated 270 degrees,This Chart is linked in a Word document and when i do an update of the linked chart the text gets all messed up. Both of the files are saved in 97-2003 format. ...

Charts: 2007 to 2003
Have been doing financial presentations with lots of line graphs, bar and column charts, pies, scatter plots, etc. in PowerPoint 2007, which creates an Excel file for each chart. I need to convert them for use in 2003 as not everyone has 2007. The problem is, when the charts are edited in 2003 colours change and I don't even have the option to modify the default colours in the embedded Excel workbook. Any ideas as to how to solve this problem? Many thanks... ...

Need help installing Office 2007
I'm trying to install Office 2007 on my Vista PC. A short way through the installation I get this message: " Cannot Find Proofing.en-us”.... I've searched around: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=setup+cannot+find+proofing.en-us+proof.fr+proof.msi&meta=&aq=1&oq=setup+cannot+find+Proofing.en-us\Proof.fr but I can't get anything to work. Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you. Gary What version of Office 2007. Did you have a Trial version already installed on your PC and did you remove it -- Peter ...

Outlook 2002 crashes when using IMAP stuck in loop
I've been using Outlook 2002 with IMAP for some time now. Yesterday, I began receiving a message upon starting up Outlook: "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." The error message is as follows: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.2627.1 ModName: kernel32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.1106 Offset: 0001a669 Sometimes if I enter in "Work offline" mode and then check messages I get the following: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 10.0.2627.1 ModName: pstprx32.dll ModVer: 10.0.2625.0 Offset: 00005528 I am al...