Word 2007 crashes on opening

recently MS Word frequently crashes as soon as the app is opened, and only by
shutting down Windows and restarting am I able to get the program stable.
The error dialogue is as follows:
Fault Module Name: StackHash_3c89

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ajaxt" <ajaxt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> recently MS Word frequently crashes as soon as the app is opened, and only by
> shutting down Windows and restarting am I able to get the program stable.
> The error dialogue is as follows:
> Fault Module Name: StackHash_3c89

0
Stefan
5/26/2010 8:24:26 AM
As good place to start for tips on what may be causeing your problem is the
following article:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm
Come back if the problem persists.

Hope this helps
DeanH

"ajaxt" wrote:

> recently MS Word frequently crashes as soon as the app is opened, and only by
> shutting down Windows and restarting am I able to get the program stable.
> The error dialogue is as follows:
> Fault Module Name: StackHash_3c89

GP 10.0 Crashes after Opening Company
We have GP 10.0 installed on a number of computers that are working fine. We also have it installed on a terminal server and it's been working fine for some time. Yesterday it started crashing when you try to open a company. The initial log in screen comes up and you're able to log in, however when you choose a company and hit ok you get a screen advising that its' applying your settings. The screen begins to come up, and then after about 10-15 seconds the application crashes. Checking the event log all I have is an event 1000 for Dexterity with the following: 10.0.263...

microsoft office professional 2007 trial product key
My computor is not accepting the product key,what must i do? From where did you get the product key from -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Kaiser" <Kaiser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C6101C5-A75D-4A84-B48C-992FDA921A70@microsoft.com... > My computor is not accepting the product key,what must i do? He may have stolen it from somewhere. What difference does this make? Has your wife also joined your sister and your mum in the escort ...

dexterity utilities crashing
When I try to record a macro while opening a dictionary in dexterity utilities version 8, it crashes. Anybody else have this problem? -- jarn ...

two problems using Outlook and Word
Does anyone know why it is that when I open an email in Outlook which comes in as an HTML doc, and try to respond to it, the format of the response converts it to plain text format in a hideous courier font? Which cannot be converted into HTML because the option is grayed out? Is this in some way related to the reason why I cannot now respond to emails without getting a warning that something is trying to access Microsoft Word and should I allow it and if so for how long? Whatever option I try, the result is the same, either Word opens as it should, as Word seems to open as this TXT version ...

Outlook 2007 will not archive email messages
I have Outlook 2007 on Vista64 RTM. I have years of email in some personal folders. I have configured Tools, Options, Other, AutoArchive to archive daily to the normal archive folder for messages older than 12 months (time period doesn't matter). I have configured the folders I want to archive (Folder, Properties, AutoArchive) to archive using the default settings. When I click File, Archive, if I have no archive folders or archive.pst file, new archive folders are created but NOTHING is put in the folders (the archive.pst folder is only 265 KB - it should be over 100 MB). I ha...

Excel crashes when copying cell contents to PowerPoint
Hello everybody, As the subject line says, Excel crashes after it copies cell contents to Powerpoint. The PowerPoint presentation is produced without a hitch, but as soon as I try to do anything in Excel, I get the following EXCEL.EXE application error: The instruction at "0x206019f5" referenced memory at "0x000000dc". The memory could not be "read". Here is the code I'm executing: Dim ppt As Object Dim pres As Object 'Create a Microsoft PowerPoint session Set ppt = CreateObject("powerpoint.application") 'Copy the ch...

I can't open Office Data File from CDs #2
Dear technical experts, I have been facing a security problem with Microsoft Outlook files. I exported Outlook items into Office outlook files (with the extension is .pst). The exported files were firstly saved on my computer (different path and location in comparison with default path of Office Outlook files in Documents and Settings). I can open my exported files easily. Because the size of outlook items is very large, I would like to save Office outlook files on another storage device in stead of using hard drives of my computer. I made copy these files to a flash drive (USB dri...

opening a popup from subform
I have a subform that is continuous. Each record has an ID field. At the end of each record there is a small button that will open a form with fields on it for the user to review. When the button is used and the form opens, I need to pass the ID to the form. I went into sql mgt studio and did the following, which is where the info is coming from for the form that opens. This returns back the correct info. select InventoryLots.ID, InventoryLotsQ.ID AS ID, InventoryLotsQ.LotNumber, InventoryLotsQ.PartNumber, InventoryLotsQ.Revision, InventoryLotsQ.Location, In...

don't want OWA attatchments to open in browser
Attatchments i get when i am using Outlook Web Access used to open automatically in Word. now the are opening in a browser, not word. how do i get them back to opening in Word? ...

how to copy text in word then paste to change text in a table
I have a table that i need to replace the text weekly. I was hoping i could copy the text from Word, and then paste into the table every week the new change. I am using Publisher 2007 and have never used any previous versions to learn this trick. It's not a trick, you can actually do it. You may have to reformat the change once in Pub though. "Mel Clingan" <Mel Clingan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16614B31-7114-4DA5-9F27-916DE0102713@microsoft.com... |I have a table that i need to replace the text weekly. I was hoping i could | copy the ...

Where can I find information about word htm styles
I am working with documents created in word and then saved as HTM files. The issue is I am trying to decipher the documentation you see when you do 'view source' on an htm file created in word. I have searched the Microsoft site and cannot find any documentation on styles used such as mso-style-qformat or any of the mso type formatting. If there is a resource on the internet could someone please share the resource. thanks, -- Tucson Good luck with that. Sorry to say, but I think you will have difficulty finding any useful information. "I am working wi...

Word was unable to open the data source
My problem is that my Excel data is not being "mail merged" into Word. I followed the suggestion of prompting the data source before opening and I can choose "MS Excel Worksheet via DDE (*.xls) when prompted. Next I choose th named or cell range which is "Entire Spreadsheet". Then in lowr left task bar it briefly says "Opening file . . . ." but then I am prompted with Word error "Word was unable to open the data source." If I try Office 2007 I use "OLE DB Database Files" when prompted to open data source. Then I select t...

Publisher 2003- message
I have used Publisher for a 120+ page "news letter" for the past 5 years. Upgraded to 2003 early last year. Have had a problem with fonts changing indescriminately (no sollution as yet). Latest problem - having spent many hours on a new document which includes grafics and text - I received the message - Publisher cannot open the file. HELP PLEASE Surely after 5 years you have a backup or two. It is never a good idea to use the same document over and over without re-saving it with a new name. Maybe you have a copy in a temporary folder Type %temp% in the address bar of Wind...

Excel crashes with linked files
Hi All, I was recently issued a new laptop and now Excel crashes frequently, sometimes upon opening a file, sometimes upon closing a file, and most recently upon changing the font. The most obvious thing that all the files have in common is that they contain links to other worksheets. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this and/or how to fix it? I'd appreciate any suggestions. Erin Erin, have you tried un-installing Excel/Office and re-installing? It sounds like something is wrong with Excel. Bob Flanagan Macro Systems http://www.add-ins.com Productivity add-ins an...

Passing an Argument back to an open form
I have two forms. Frm_ActMstr and Frm_NewCont. On Frm_ActMstr there are 3 fields that can be populated by frm_NewCnt.Contact_ID. The way it should work is that when a user double clicks on the blank ContactName1, ContactName2, or ContactName3 field in FrmActMstr, Frm_NewCont pops open. They enter the contact information. Then when they close the frm_NewCont, the Frm_NewCont.Contact_ID should populate the appropriate frm_ActMstr.ContactID1, frm_ActMstr.ContactID2, or frm_ActMstr.ContactID3 field and frm_ActMstr should refresh. What I don't understand is how to get the Contact_...

unable to open wlm it keeps shutting down....help
everytime i try open wlm this happens, iv tried to delete n reinstall n it still happens details fm computer manage windows log Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 23/02/2010 1:56:52 PM Event ID: 1000 Task Category: (100) Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: trish-PC Description: Faulting application msnmsgr.exe, version 14.0.8089.726, time stamp 0x4a6ce533, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 6.0.6002.18005, time stamp 0x49e037dd, exception code 0xe06d7363, fault offset 0x0003fbae, proces...

SMTP reciveconnector Exchange 2007
Hi all Running Exchange beta two and testing out the the functionality of the send and recive connectors. I currently have an Edge server on one box and all the other roles on aother box. When i open outlook express on my PC configure it with the ip address of the receiveconnector that is on the edge (permissionsgroup is anonymous and custom) I can send email to domains that my Exchange 2007 is set to recive email for, (cant send email to othje remote domains) but this only works if I configure in outlook express profile for the "email address box" and "reply address&qu...

Open separate window with Excel 97
Does anybody know if it is possible to open a new, separate, Excel window when working with Excel 97? Or did this support only come in later Excel versions? Nevermind. I have it. Just one of my non-caffeine mornings. Please disregard. Matt C "Matt C" wrote: > Does anybody know if it is possible to open a new, separate, Excel window > when working with Excel 97? Or did this support only come in later Excel > versions? ...

How to create a save-as dialog box as in Words?
Hi, When you save a file in Words, you will see a dialog box that is different from CFileDialog. My question is how to create it? Please help. Thanks. Tony CFileDialog( BOOL bOpenFileDialog, LPCTSTR lpszDefExt = NULL, LPCTSTR lpszFileName = NULL, DWORD dwFlags = OFN_HIDEREADONLY | OFN_OVERWRITEPROMPT, LPCTSTR lpszFilter = NULL, CWnd* pParentWnd = NULL, DWORD dwSize = 0 Parameters bOpenFileDialog Set to TRUE to construct a File Open dialog box or FALSE to construct a File Save As dialog box. lpszDefExt The default filename extension. If the user does not i...

how to connect office 2007 excel, access windows 2000 server
I wish to connect Excel 2007, Access 2007 and was getting provider error. I tried to install Microsoft patch AccessDatabaseEngine.exe, but it is not supporting on Windows 2000, My server is of windows 2000. Plz anyone tell me how can I connect it. Hi, I think the only way - is to convert spreadsheet and database to 2003 format, then you can open it both in windows 2000 and office 2007 -- Best regards, ___________ Alex Dybenko (MVP) http://accessblog.net http://www.PointLtd.com <dubey.sachindra@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9dba82eb-d026-4bbc-a651-5513662684c9@a3g2000prm.googleg...

PIA wont install for office 2007 (outlook business contact manager)
I try to install the Primary Interop Assemblies and i get an error message which is attached. If anyone can please help.......!!!!!!! --------------------------------------------------------------- === Verbose logging started: 4/19/2007 3:28:42 Build type: SHIP UNICODE 3.01.4000.2435 Calling process: C:\WINDOWS \system32\msiexec.exe === MSI (c) (F0:50) [03:28:42:234]: Resetting cached policy values MSI (c) (F0:50) [03:28:42:234]: Machine policy value 'Debug' is 0 MSI (c) (F0:50) [03:28:42:234]: ******* RunEngine: ******* Product: E:\OFFICE\PIARedist.msi ****...

Printing Photos in word 2007
I'm trying to print a little C5 Booklet, and print two pages on each A4 piece of paper, I'm trying to print the first page (cover page) with one photo and a few words. I'm using Word 2007, Vista, and the printer is a HP Color Laser Jet CP3505dn. When I first created this page it printed fine. After a few adjustments (i.e. Soft Edge Oval Frame) the only thing that will print is the words, when I view in print preview the picture shows up, but when I print the page all that is printed are the words. It's not my printer, I have printed stuff on other applic...

OL 2007 : How to protect one POP account and not the others
Hi, i would like to protect one POP account in my OL2007. If i put a password on data file, new mail are download in default box if password is not ok... So it's not really good. I don't want make a new profil for that. My old solution was to use my account in IMAP because if you don't put the password, it's not download new mail, but IMAP bored me... Any solution ? Thanks in advance ! If you don't want to use IMAP and a separate profile is out of the question, then no, there is no way to protect one account only. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies t...

Counting words
Can anyone help? Is there a specific way to count each word in a spreadsheet. (same typ of word count that you can do in Microsoft Word) Most cells contain more than 1 word and some sentences. Thanks :confused -- Diamonell ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Diamonelle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1275 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27281 Hi not really possible. One workaround: Copy your data to MS Word and use the counting in MS Word -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankf...

Subform
Hello. I have an idea, but I am not sure if it is possible. I want to know if I can create 3 or 4 subforms and have one of them open on a form based on a selection I make on that form. For instance, I have a Form "ExpensesMain" - I want to create subforms Expense1, Expense2, etc. When I make a selection in a field called "ExpenseType", I could insert an AfterUpdate code that would open one of my subforms. I guess I should start with the question of - is this possible? And if so, I can create my subforms and see how to start on the code. Thank you. It is possible, an...