Why does Save As delete header text?

When using Word 2007, I notice that when I open up the Save As dialog box my
header and footer texts are erased and replaced with a short text that looks
like a template header option.

When I enter the new filenamr and click OK, then the newly named file indeed
has lost my original header and footer text.

What is going on here and how can I keep this from happening?

Bob

If you are the same person who posted a similar question yesterday, try
going back to that thread and reading the replies that were posted.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Bob Vendryes" <BobVendryes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When using Word 2007, I notice that when I open up the Save As dialog box
> my
> header and footer texts are erased and replaced with a short text that
> looks
> like a template header option.
>
> When I enter the new filenamr and click OK, then the newly named file
> indeed
> has lost my original header and footer text.
>
> What is going on here and how can I keep this from happening?
>
> Bob

0
Suzanne
1/23/2010 3:51:56 PM
I cannot find my original post...where did it go? I thought I must have
screwed something up so I tried re-entering the question...I also did not
receive a notification of replies even though I selected that option...what
am I doing wrong?

Bob

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

> If you are the same person who posted a similar question yesterday, try
> going back to that thread and reading the replies that were posted.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "Bob Vendryes" <BobVendryes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When using Word 2007, I notice that when I open up the Save As dialog box
> > my
> > header and footer texts are erased and replaced with a short text that
> > looks
> > like a template header option.
> >
> > When I enter the new filenamr and click OK, then the newly named file
> > indeed
> > has lost my original header and footer text.
> >
> > What is going on here and how can I keep this from happening?
> >
> > Bob
> >

> .

You didn't do anything wrong; the notification feature is simply
broken. :-(

Try searching for your previous message, but that may also be
unsuccessful. <sigh>

In the future, you may want to access the newsgroups via Google groups (see
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&safe=off&group=microsoft.public.word)
or by using an NNTP newsreader (see
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/guide/nntpnews.mspx) instead.

In the meantime, here is Suzanne's reply to your original question: "What
fields do the header and footer contain? Press Alt+F9 to examine the field
codes."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

>I cannot find my original post...where did it go? I thought I must have
> screwed something up so I tried re-entering the question...I also did not
> receive a notification of replies even though I selected that
> option...what
> am I doing wrong?
>
> Bob
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
>
>> If you are the same person who posted a similar question yesterday, try
>> going back to that thread and reading the replies that were posted.
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "Bob Vendryes" <BobVendryes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When using Word 2007, I notice that when I open up the Save As dialog
>> > box
>> > my
>> > header and footer texts are erased and replaced with a short text that
>> > looks
>> > like a template header option.
>> >
>> > When I enter the new filenamr and click OK, then the newly named file
>> > indeed
>> > has lost my original header and footer text.
>> >
>> > What is going on here and how can I keep this from happening?
>> >
>> > Bob
>> >

>> .

0
Stefan
1/23/2010 6:05:21 PM
Here is how I have been trying to find my initial question:

1. I login to Communities
2. I type "save as header" into the Search For: entry
3. I select In: Word General Questions or Word Application Errors or Word (
I tried each one because I couldn't remember which one I tried to post to)
4. I select Go

The lists that come out of this search do not include my question, in fact I
don't see any from 2010. I did the same thing for the post in this thread and
did find it and your response...what am I doing wrong (and can you either
provide me the link to the iitial responses or do me the favor of
re-answering my question here?

Bob

"Bob Vendryes" wrote:

> I cannot find my original post...where did it go? I thought I must have
> screwed something up so I tried re-entering the question...I also did not
> receive a notification of replies even though I selected that option...what
> am I doing wrong?
>
> Bob
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
>
> > If you are the same person who posted a similar question yesterday, try
> > going back to that thread and reading the replies that were posted.
> >
> > --
> > Suzanne S. Barnhill
> > Microsoft MVP (Word)
> > Words into Type
> > Fairhope, Alabama USA
> > http://word.mvps.org
> >
> > "Bob Vendryes" <BobVendryes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When using Word 2007, I notice that when I open up the Save As dialog box
> > > my
> > > header and footer texts are erased and replaced with a short text that
> > > looks
> > > like a template header option.
> > >
> > > When I enter the new filenamr and click OK, then the newly named file
> > > indeed
> > > has lost my original header and footer text.
> > >
> > > What is going on here and how can I keep this from happening?
> > >
> > > Bob
> > >

> > .

What you are doing wrong is using the Community web interface. The
notification has been down more than up for what seems like forever. Try
using a newsreader such as Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail or Outlook
Express and connect directly to news.microsoft.com

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Bob Vendryes" <BobVendryes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I cannot find my original post...where did it go? I thought I must have
> screwed something up so I tried re-entering the question...I also did not
> receive a notification of replies even though I selected that
> option...what
> am I doing wrong?
>
> Bob
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
>
>> If you are the same person who posted a similar question yesterday, try
>> going back to that thread and reading the replies that were posted.
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "Bob Vendryes" <BobVendryes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When using Word 2007, I notice that when I open up the Save As dialog
>> > box
>> > my
>> > header and footer texts are erased and replaced with a short text that
>> > looks
>> > like a template header option.
>> >
>> > When I enter the new filenamr and click OK, then the newly named file
>> > indeed
>> > has lost my original header and footer text.
>> >
>> > What is going on here and how can I keep this from happening?
>> >
>> > Bob
>> >

>> .

0
Terry
1/23/2010 6:06:14 PM
I just retried my steps to find this thread and it does not find it
anymore...the only reason I can reply to this thread is because I am keeping
this window open in Firefox and refreshing it to see any new replies.

So obviously I need help here to understand how to search the threads...can
you help?

Bob

"Bob Vendryes" wrote:

> Here is how I have been trying to find my initial question:
>
> 1. I login to Communities
> 2. I type "save as header" into the Search For: entry
> 3. I select In: Word General Questions or Word Application Errors or Word (
> I tried each one because I couldn't remember which one I tried to post to)
> 4. I select Go
>
> The lists that come out of this search do not include my question, in fact I
> don't see any from 2010. I did the same thing for the post in this thread and
> did find it and your response...what am I doing wrong (and can you either
> provide me the link to the iitial responses or do me the favor of
> re-answering my question here?
>
> Bob
>
> "Bob Vendryes" wrote:
>
> > I cannot find my original post...where did it go? I thought I must have
> > screwed something up so I tried re-entering the question...I also did not
> > receive a notification of replies even though I selected that option...what
> > am I doing wrong?
> >
> > Bob
> >
> > "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
> >
> > > If you are the same person who posted a similar question yesterday, try
> > > going back to that thread and reading the replies that were posted.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Suzanne S. Barnhill
> > > Microsoft MVP (Word)
> > > Words into Type
> > > Fairhope, Alabama USA
> > > http://word.mvps.org
> > >
> > > "Bob Vendryes" <BobVendryes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > > .

I was able to find my original post by clicking on my name in this thread and
selecting Recent Posts by this user. (There must be an easier way to do this.)

There appears to be one response (by you) and I will respond to your
question on that thread.

Bob

"Bob Vendryes" wrote:

> I just retried my steps to find this thread and it does not find it
> anymore...the only reason I can reply to this thread is because I am keeping
> this window open in Firefox and refreshing it to see any new replies.
>
> So obviously I need help here to understand how to search the threads...can
> you help?
>
> Bob
>
> "Bob Vendryes" wrote:
>
> > Here is how I have been trying to find my initial question:
> >
> > 1. I login to Communities
> > 2. I type "save as header" into the Search For: entry
> > 3. I select In: Word General Questions or Word Application Errors or Word (
> > I tried each one because I couldn't remember which one I tried to post to)
> > 4. I select Go
> >
> > The lists that come out of this search do not include my question, in fact I
> > don't see any from 2010. I did the same thing for the post in this thread and
> > did find it and your response...what am I doing wrong (and can you either
> > provide me the link to the iitial responses or do me the favor of
> > re-answering my question here?
> >
> > Bob
> >
> > "Bob Vendryes" wrote:
> >
> > > I cannot find my original post...where did it go? I thought I must have
> > > screwed something up so I tried re-entering the question...I also did not
> > > receive a notification of replies even though I selected that option...what
> > > am I doing wrong?
> > >
> > > Bob

So I can't search to find my own posts?? That seems silly, but OK.

I have never used a newsgroup and need help I guess. When I click on the
first link you suggest (google) a page comes up with a a list of microsoft
related topics...are you saying my question and any answers will show up on
one of these lists?...which one?

I responded to Suzanne's question in the first thread...no answer yet.

Bob

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

> You didn't do anything wrong; the notification feature is simply
> broken. :-(
>
> Try searching for your previous message, but that may also be
> unsuccessful. <sigh>
>
> In the future, you may want to access the newsgroups via Google groups (see
> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&safe=off&group=microsoft.public.word)
> or by using an NNTP newsreader (see
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/guide/nntpnews.mspx) instead.
>
> In the meantime, here is Suzanne's reply to your original question: "What
> fields do the header and footer contain? Press Alt+F9 to examine the field
> codes."
>
> --
> Stefan Blom
> Microsoft Word MVP
>

> "Bob Vendryes" <BobVendryes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I cannot find my original post...where did it go? I thought I must have
> > screwed something up so I tried re-entering the question...I also did not
> > receive a notification of replies even though I selected that
> > option...what
> > am I doing wrong?
> >
> > Bob
> >
> > "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
> >
> >> If you are the same person who posted a similar question yesterday, try
> >> going back to that thread and reading the replies that were posted.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> >> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> >> Words into Type
> >> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> >> http://word.mvps.org
> >>
> >> "Bob Vendryes" <BobVendryes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

Yes, the web page at
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&safe=off&group=microsoft.public.word
displays a list of links to Microsoft newsgroups. The current thread is in
the application errors group (the microsoft.public.word.application.errors
link on the web page), and the general questions group is
microsoft.public.word.docmanagement.

You can read messages in the various groups, but note that you will have to
register and sign in to actually post messages.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

> So I can't search to find my own posts?? That seems silly, but OK.
>
> I have never used a newsgroup and need help I guess. When I click on the
> first link you suggest (google) a page comes up with a a list of microsoft
> related topics...are you saying my question and any answers will show up
> on
> one of these lists?...which one?
>
> I responded to Suzanne's question in the first thread...no answer yet.
>
> Bob
>
> "Stefan Blom" wrote:
>
>> You didn't do anything wrong; the notification feature is simply
>> broken. :-(
>>
>> Try searching for your previous message, but that may also be
>> unsuccessful. <sigh>
>>
>> In the future, you may want to access the newsgroups via Google groups
>> (see
>> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&safe=off&group=microsoft.public.word)
>> or by using an NNTP newsreader (see
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/guide/nntpnews.mspx) instead.
>>
>> In the meantime, here is Suzanne's reply to your original question: "What
>> fields do the header and footer contain? Press Alt+F9 to examine the
>> field
>> codes."
>>
>> --
>> Stefan Blom
>> Microsoft Word MVP
>>

>> "Bob Vendryes" <BobVendryes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I cannot find my original post...where did it go? I thought I must have
>> > screwed something up so I tried re-entering the question...I also did
>> > not
>> > receive a notification of replies even though I selected that
>> > option...what
>> > am I doing wrong?
>> >
>> > Bob

>> .

0
Stefan

Daylight Savings Time Changes
Hello, Does anyone know if the patch for Exchnage 2003 identified in KB926666 has to also be applied to every server that is running the Exchange Tools (System Manager)? Thanks in advance K On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:24:03 -0800, Kerry <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Does anyone know if the patch for Exchnage 2003 identified in KB926666 has >to also be applied to every server that is running the Exchange Tools (System >Manager)? > >Thanks in advance >K Im all for consistency. If the patch isnt needed, it shouldnt install, so I would at ...

Unread deleted messages
Hi, [Outlook 2003 SP1] When I delete messages without reading them (obvious spam, for instance) they show up in my "Unread Mail" folder. Is it possible to change this behaviour? Thanks, Jan Roelof jr_de_pijper@hotmail.com <jr_de_pijper@hotmail.com> wrote: > When I delete messages without reading them (obvious spam, for > instance) they show up in my "Unread Mail" folder. Is it possible to > change this behaviour? The "Unread Mail" folder is not actually a true folder. It's a search folder which just displays all unread messages no matt...

Deleting rows containing common data
I have an Excel 2000 spreadsheet with 30,000 rows. The rows look like this: 007-007 68-4611 68-4682 total 007-007 total 007-007 28-4831 68-2454 68-4682 total 007-007 28-4831 68-2454 68-4682 total 007-007 28-4831 68-2454 68-4682 total 007-007 68-4682 total 007-007 68-4682 total How do I delete the rows containing "total" One way: 1. Select the range and apply an AutoFilter (Data > Filter > AutoFilter) 2. On the drop-down list, select "Total". 3. Select the range again if needed. 5. Press F5 > Special and click "Visible Cells Only." 6. Remove...

saving as xml
Hi, The following url give you an XML output http://webservices.titantvguide.titantv.com/contentblocks.asmx/TonightOn?registrationKey=g8byqgPai3PYi1i7VOfEcKDfKOeYwmYM is there a way to save this as an xml file on to the server? Thanks in Advance. Regards Manoj Manoj Paramu Das wrote: > is there a way to save this as an xml file on to the server? What's the difference between saving XML file and HTML file? Just create WebRequest, get response stream and save it. -- Oleg Tkachenko XML Insider http://www.tkachenko.com/blog ...

Im desperate to fix my fragmented memor...will advanced server save me with the 3 gb switch?
Im desperate to fix my fragmented memory, will advanced server save me with the 3 gb switch? The Situation: -Server=Windows 2000 Server sp4. -2.5 gb of RAM -Exchange=Enterprise Ed with all service packs and hotfixes. -Group Shield virus scanning Every month I recieve eventid 9582's errors, and then 12800 mail processing errors. THIS IS FREAKING KILLING ME AT WORK. Here is what I have tried. -Regedit ajustment to the heep. -ADSI ajustment to the IS (which oddly removes the errors from the event log, however MOM still detects low virtual memory errors). -sp3 (which claims to have fixed ...

deleted email appear again
I have been using "Delete it from Server" option in Windows Mail Rules successfully for a number of years now until recently. The I noticed i began receiving mails that I have defined to be deleted from server. To further this, I used another email address defining ...

close workbook without saving or promt to save
i am new to excel 2007 and when closing the only visible sheet in my workbook i need it to close the workbook without offering option to save. i have tried to use macros but i dont think im doing it correctly. i have a active button that works but i would like it to work when you close from the top right x or exit excel button. shane In Thisworkbook module of your workbook. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) ThisWorkbook.Saved = True End Sub Note you have to save at least once before closing first time or you will lose the code your just pasted into the...

Saving file for new year
I would like to redo my Money file for the new year. I have transactions back to 2003. I'd like to create a new file that begins with 2008. I remember years ago that Quicken gave me that option. Is there anyway to do this with Micorsoft Money? In microsoft.public.money, grsode wrote: >I would like to redo my Money file for the new year. I have transactions >back to 2003. I'd like to create a new file that begins with 2008. I >remember years ago that Quicken gave me that option. Is there anyway to do >this with Micorsoft Money? File->New->NewFile lets ...

How do I stop my Publisher 2003 document from saving as a webpag.
When I save a particular publication ( a newsletter) in Publisher 2003 as a Publisher 2000 document (so I can work on it elsewhere) it opens as a web page instead of a print document. When I convert it back to print, I lose a few inches of print on the left page that just don't print even when I change the margins. The missing print shows on the screen normally, it is only in print preview and on paper that it cuts off. Can I stop this from happening? Can I retrieve the missing print? Please help! You may have to reconstruct this publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://off...

Text Box Linked To Cell
My goal is to have a text box that displays the contents of a particular cell. How do I link the text box to the cell? Thanks, Denise Hi denise, Make a Text Box from the drawing toolbar. Select the box and in the Formula Bar, type = and then select the cell, press enter. ( IE: =$C$5 ) The cell can also be on a different sheet, just do the same. ( IE: =Sheet2!C5 ) Dave denise Wrote: > My goal is to have a text box that displays the contents of a > particular > cell. How do I link the text box to the cell? > > Thanks, > Denise -- Piranha --------------------------...

saving and remaming files
Folks, Have a small company with 5 pc's networked with Server 2000. Recently users have complained that when they open excel files (that are stored on the server and shared by all users) and make changes...they hit "save" (as they always have) and it renames the file as (if the secretary has recalled the error message correctly) as a temp file. This has obviously caused problems with the other users. When they go to open the folder (after changes have been made by another user) they do not see the changes. They have combated the problem even further as they have started to rena...

cannot delete business unit?
Hi, I am using microsoft CRM 1.2 with demo license of Adventure works Cycle. Is there any way to delete a "Business Unit". I go to Settings -> Business Unit Settings -> Security Roles -> Business Management. The delete option for "Business Unit" and "User" is disabled there. I searched in groups and found a few discussion about deleting users which say that it is not allowed to delete mscrm users. However I did not find any reference about deletion of "Business Unit". The user guide that comes with the installation shows steps to delete a "...

Display only duplicate values and delete UNIQUE Items
All I have a very large list of data and on a monthly basis i need to display only the duplicate items in a spreadsheet. I would like to do this in VBA and then run it as a macro on the spreadsheet. Alot of the sites that i have seen only show how to removed the duplicates. Excel 2007 has a function which removed all duplicates but so far i have found nothing that only displays the duplciates.... any ideas anyone? Assuming that the field you use to determine uniqueness is column A, you can put this formula in a helper column: =3DIF(COUNTIF(A:A,A2)>1,"Duplicate","Unique&...

save font with file
I have a font for GDT symbols installed on my PC, there is no problem to display and print this document from my PC, but when I try on another PC which do not have installed the GDT font, this is missed. how can I save the font with the excel file? Hi, I'm not an expert in this area, but I believe you need to have the fonts installed on each pc that needs it; a good reason to keep to familiar fonts, I guess. jeff >-----Original Message----- >I have a font for GDT symbols installed on my PC, there >is no problem to display and print this document from my >PC, but whe...

Outlook plugin for saving mails by dragging
Hi all, Our Legal team want some way of saving all emails related to a project into a common folder. We use microsoft exchange but our exchange admins will not allow use of public folders. The only way i can see around it is for the staff to setup a folders in the shared secure file area and save the emails they want into these. However, while the idea sounds perfect to them, they aren't happy with idea of saving individual emails to the folder one at a time, instead they would prefer some way of dragging them to the folder. I was wondering if anyone knew of an Outlook plugin or any other...

Inserting a string of text in front of existing text in excel
How do I insert a word or words in front of existing text cells on a multiple cell basis ? Hi try something like the following macro (works on your selection): sub foo() dim rng as range dim cell as range dim str_part set rng=selection str_part="precede_" for each cell in rng if cell.value<>"" then cell.value=str_part & cell.value end if next end sub >-----Original Message----- >How do I insert a word or words in front of existing text >cells on a multiple cell basis ? >. > If a formula will do, try something like this (with the existing text...

How can you bulk delete failed emails?
I have a client that uses a third party to "SPAM" messages out to the public from their email list out of CRM. They just sent me an Excel spreadsheet with a list of about 30 emails that failed on the marketing endeavor. Is there a way for CRM to look up these failed email addresses and remove them from the appropriate accounts so that they do not try to send to them again? write a custom application which looks for failed emails and deletes them using crm sdk. Then use windows task scheduler or create a service to call your application on a specified period, once a day or ev...

Disappearing Text
Hi. All my new and existing mail in Outlook Express has the subject line and the from populated, but the body of the message won't come up. We get the hourglass and it never goes away. Any ideas? Please email answers to kevinbrand@earthlink.net. Thanks Kevin Hi, Start --> Run --> Regsvr32 inetcomm.dll Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Kevin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1284e01c41826$c0787480$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi. All my new and existing mail in Outlook Express has > the subject line and the from populate...

Deleting system locked fields
Does anyone know how I can get rid of the "Is revenue system calculated?" field on the Opportunities form? We always have user-provided values, and therefore have no need for this field, but I can't delete it. Anyone know how I can get around this? You can not delete those fields. But you can change the default value to "user provided". WIth some javascipt you should be able to hide it for the users. HTH, Frederic - Travi@ta www.microsoft-dynamics-crm.eu WiLLerZ schreef: > Does anyone know how I can get rid of the "Is revenue system > calculated?"...

PST deleted
During the installation of the updates post Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, Outlook XP by the user: a contact from the address book wa opened. The card has been closed without modification. Ended the modernizations it has been restarted the computer, then has been launch the 05-054 patch of Internet Explorer. After a new restart, opening Microsoft Outlook, the system says PST was deleted! Any helps ? S. Is the PST simply renamed (possibly extension changed) or sitting in the Recycle Bin? "Nospam" <nospam@nospam.org> wrote in message news:O26RWCZBGHA.2920@tk2msftngp13....

delete permanently #2
Dear Sirs, I do not want to see some mail after deleting in Delete Items folder. Can I find any macro which can delete mail permanently? Best Regards Hi QT, please Press Shift + Del -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "QT" <web_tur@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#0mbykcaEHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Dear Sirs, > > I do not want to see some mail after deleting in Delete Items folder. Can I > find any macro which can delete mail permanently?...

OWA
OWA text field is always 'grayed out' - on new messages and replies. Small "x" button in upper left of text field seems to have no functionality. Subject field is OK. Bummer - do you have a question? If yes, then try asking it in an Exchange news group as Outlook Web Access is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. Microsoft.public.exchange.admin is a good place to start. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted w...

Delete Messages Folder Outlook 2003
When I try to emptly the 'Delete Files' folder in outlook 2003 I get the following message: -- "This messanging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart outlook."---- I have restarted outlook several times and have re-booted my computer a few times and I get the same message. Can anyone help me to resolve this situation? Ted Jamison <Ted Jamison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I try to emptly the 'Delete Files' folder in outlook 2003 I get > the following message: -- "This messanging interface has retu...

Group Header 06-02-07
How do you show or carry a Group Header over to the next page when the detail section goes to the next page on a report? Thanks DS DS wrote: >How do you show or carry a Group Header over to the next page when the >detail section goes to the next page on a report? Use the group header's RepeatSection property. -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] Marshall Barton wrote: > DS wrote: > > >>How do you show or carry a Group Header over to the next page when the >>detail section goes to the next page on a report? > > > > Use the group header's RepeatS...

randomly scatter text
I have pub. 2003, I need to know how to take a phrase and randomly scatter it allover the page, with out placing it manually. I was able to do it on the last version of publisher but I can't seem to find the random button on this one. PLEASE HELP!!! Tabs? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "jenice" <jenice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2C51271-D425-4E3E-8A71-55365A05D774@microsoft.com... >I have pub. 2003, I need to know how to take a phrase and randomly scatter it > all...