Trying begin VBA template project, get error "macros disabled"?

I am beginning a project to code and update a Word template using VBA. When I
try to run the form given to me I get error "The macros in this project are
disabled?" Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Save the template in your templates folder, which is a trusted location.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"The Applicant" <The Applicant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am beginning a project to code and update a Word template using VBA.
> When I
> try to run the form given to me I get error "The macros in this project
> are
> disabled?" Any suggestions?
>
> Thank you.

0
Doug

Trying begin VBA template project, get error "macros disabled"?
I am beginning a project to code and update a Word template using VBA. When I try to run the form given to me I get error "The macros in this project are disabled?" Any suggestions? Thank you. Save the template in your templates folder, which is a trusted location. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "The Applicant" <The Applicant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2E642C...

Macros Disabled
Dear sir , I have written macros for a sheet.But when I step into it, it show a message macros in this project are disabled, Please refer online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable it. I have already set the security to medium. Besides we dont have any Macro enabled sheet like Excel for MSP right? -- Amey B. Vidvans, Planning Engineer Vidvans_amey@rediffmail.com Hello Amey, In Microsoft Project, there is a setting under Tools > Options, Security tab. By default the macro security level in Project is set to "High" ...

Macros disabled?
All of a sudden when I try to run a macro in MS Outlook 2003 I'm getting the following error message: "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros." In addition, it opens the VBA editor and displays the code of the macro that was called. Macros did run a couple of days ago. VBA is installed. The macro editor is there in MS Outlook. Alt-F8 and Alt-F11 bring up what you would expect. If I go into Help, About, Disabled Items, there is the statement "There are no dis...

Macros Disabled by 2010 Shared Workbook
Hi there. I have a shared work book which contains VBA. We have always run it in 2003. Recently, we leapfrogged 2007 and went to 2010. It seems that in shared mode, the VBA is disabled. When I remove shared mode, the VBA comes alive again. Is there a setting to correct this behaviour or is this simply the reality in Office 2010? Thanks in advance, Darren ...

Macros disabled
We have a weird problem with Excel XP/WinXP. If you have a WB open with macros enabled, then open another WB from Win Explorer, the macros are automatically disabled. If you open the WB using the open file button, all is well. This only occurs with certain WBs. These WBs are fairly large & complex (6MB, 25 sheets). Also, our company doesn't allow users to set the macro security to low. Any ideas? First, this is a guess. I couldn't duplicate this in xl2002 and win98. But when you double click on that 2nd file in windows explorer, does it open a second instance of exce...

macro to close document if macros disabled
I have several users forms that have code to protect the form and alter behavior of enter key. When opening security settings request user to enable or disable macros. Sometimes new users disables macros this becomes problematic since the macros are in place to provide form protection and cursor control. Is there code that would force the document to close if macros are disabled? Any advice appreciated. No, there is not (and could not be) such code, because it could never run if macros are disabled. The best you can do is to completely disable any editing of the document ...

Macros disabled?
I just tried to record a simple macro that would open several CSV files and record them as XLS's. The recording part went fine, but then I tried to open the file to test the macro and got this message: "Macros in this workbook are disabled because the security level is high, and the macros have not been digitally signed or verified as safe." The macros are being made to run on various machines within an office. Should I change the security level of all of the machines? Or how can I digitally sign them? Thanks I'd suggest setting the machines to Medium so users can pick w...

Cannot print document - Macros disabled
I created a new document with just text. When I attempt to print the document I get a dialog box - "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros." Enabling and disabling Word macros does not fix the problem. How to I find the cause of this problem? Exit Word and then rename the normal.dot file (normal.dotm if you are using Word 2007). To locate normal.dot (normal.dotm), you can search via Windows Explorer. Be sure to search hidden files and folders. -- S...

How to open a spreadsheet with Macros disabled
How do I open a spreadsheet with macros disabled already? Reason: I am exporting data from Access to a pre-formated spreadsheet (which I cannot change). Every time I open the file, a screen asking Enable/Disable macros appears. Is there an option to open the spreadsheet with them disabled already? I know it is not an MS Access matter, it is just matter of knowing the right option to do it. Thanks Mauricio Silva "Mauricio Silva" <MauricioSilva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A79F9826-EC23-4F46-A529-991583CD3E33@microsoft.com... > > How do I open...

Macros Disabled #2
Hello, I have a user running Excel 2000 on a Win 2000 sp3 machine. She has a file with several macros. The file is a form with data fields for names, numbers, etc. As soon as she enters any data and clicks the tab button to go to the next field, she gets an error message that the Macros have been disabled and the Tab key won't go to the next field. She emailed me the file and when I open it on my machine (same setup), I first get asked if I want to enable the macros. I say Yes - and everything works fine. I emailed the file back to the user, but it's still broken on her...

Macros disabled- formulas blocked
In a particular spreadsheet, and only one of the many I have, it will not allow me to enter formulas into cells. when I do and press enter I get "The macros in this project are disabled" message. I have changed the macro security settings but this has no effect. When I open this document I do not get the option to enable or disable macros so I cannot turn them on or off. Does anyone know what has happened and how I can rectify this? Many thanks Richard Richard, You probably have your security level set to high (meaning that macros are automatically disabled (no warning)...

Macros disabled warning in MS Word doc with no macros
Running MS Office Pro 2007 on XP Pro notebook. MS Word document saved as MS Word 2003 for the benefit of associates. When I open a particular document, I get "Security Warning: Macros have been disabled." This particular document used to have macros, which I wrote to facilitate some actions, but I deleted them so that associates didn't need to deal with the warnings. The macros were deleted using the VBA editor window. Although the macros have been deleted, I still get the warning. Is there still some remnant of the macros? Where would the remnant be? Is the...

Macros disabled, not by security settings?
Good morning all, Using Excel 2K7. I have a workbook with a bunch of forms and code in it. When opening this workbook, the macros are disabled by default (no warning). The Macro Security Settings are currently set to "Enable All" and other workbooks allow macros to run. When selecting the macros dialogue box (with the Run/Edit/Step Into etc options) the macros in the workbook show their "full" name (e.g. including workbook name, module & macro name). Attempting to run results in the error message "Because of your security settings, macros have...

Macros disabled in my Microsft off xp outlook (RM)
Help anyone: I get an error after I close my MSOutlook 2002 after installing the office XP 2002. I am running windows NT. This is the error "the instruction at 0x602813cb referenced memory at 0x602813cb. the memory could not be read" Can you anyone help and let me know why I am getting it! Thanks, Hybrid ...

macros disabled
I've just upgraded to Office 2007. Now, when I tried to run a program, it says, "The macros in this project are disabled." What to do? Thanks, Scott I've got it. It was due to the "Missing" references. Mr. Chip Pearson helped identify the problem. "Scott" wrote: > I've just upgraded to Office 2007. Now, when I tried to run a program, it > says, "The macros in this project are disabled." What to do? > > Thanks, > Scott Just as with 2003 you need to enable macros. But, unless the VBIDE is open, you don&#...