the solution if you're having problems printing a mail merged document.

http://word.tips.net/Pages/T001126_Printing_Portions_of_Mail_Merged_Documents.html
"
   1. Choose the Replace option from the Edit menu, or press Ctrl+H.
Word displays the Replace tab of the Find and Replace dialog box.
(Click here to see a related figure.)
   2. In the Find What box, enter ^b. This is the code for a section
break.
   3. Click on the No Formatting button, if it is available. This
removes any formatting specifications in what you are searching
      for. (You may need to click on the More button to see the No
Formatting button.)
   4. In the Replace With box, enter ^m. This is the code for a page
break.
   5. Click on the No Formatting button, if it is available. This
removes any formatting specifications in what you are replacing with.
   6. Click on Replace All.

Now you can print as normal, entering a range of page numbers you want
to print."
0
Dr

On 30/05/2010 4:08 PM, Dr.Tim wrote:
> http://word.tips.net/Pages/T001126_Printing_Portions_of_Mail_Merged_Documents.html
> "
>     1. Choose the Replace option from the Edit menu, or press Ctrl+H.
> Word displays the Replace tab of the Find and Replace dialog box.
> (Click here to see a related figure.)
>     2. In the Find What box, enter ^b. This is the code for a section
> break.
>     3. Click on the No Formatting button, if it is available. This
> removes any formatting specifications in what you are searching
>        for. (You may need to click on the More button to see the No
> Formatting button.)
>     4. In the Replace With box, enter ^m. This is the code for a page
> break.
>     5. Click on the No Formatting button, if it is available. This
> removes any formatting specifications in what you are replacing with.
>     6. Click on Replace All.
>
> Now you can print as normal, entering a range of page numbers you want
> to print."
That is totally unecessary and in some cases, may be undesirable.

All that you have to do is specify the Section of the document that you
want to print - s1, s3, s7-s9 etc.

--
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Autofit row height in merged cells
I am producing reports that include comments, some lengthy. I need several columns for most of the report, so I need to merge cells for the comments to appear right on the printed report. Is there a way to get the row height automatically auto fit? I know this works with unmerged cells set alignment to wrap text and row height to autofit, but once I merge cells it stops working. Any help? Also, is there a way make autofit work if the cell is a formula that points to text? My apologies to the group. After searching I see someone else asked this question 11 days ago and was pointed t...

SQL deadlock problem

docmd.transfertext problem

Exchange update problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Recieve Mail Before Sending

Mail lMerge

Border problems

why are links to websites (inserted in publisher documents) disab.
why are links to websites and e-mailadresses (inserted in publisher documents) still working in emailpreview but disabled in webpage preview? ...

Excel Problem

White Printing
How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks like, then deleting that so I can print in white. On Mon, 12 May 2008 18:46:03 -0700, PJ1980 <PJ1980@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I print white text onto black paper? The text just comes out blank >when printed. I am using a black background on screen to see what it looks >like, then deleting that so I can print in white. Interesting. Does your printer have a WHITE ink cartridge? NO? You can't do it. Ther...

SOAP Exception

Outlook 2002 XP SP 3 Archive problem
Hi there I am trying to get my newly configured outlook to archive my folders. I have ust configured it to download two POP email accounts and that works fine. I have set up a set of folders below my outlook (Personal Folders / pst) inbox node and placed the relevant emails in the corresponding folders. I have gone into tools -> options -> other -> and pressed the "AutoArchive..." button -> and set the "clean out folders older than" selection boxes to "3" and "Months" and pressed the "apply these setting to all folders" button. I ...

Merge- top to bottom not left to right
I ahve a list of over 300 names that i am tryiing merge onto a ticket format that carries 8 tickets to a page. Problem is when I try and merge I get all the same name on the 8 tickets each page 300 times. I want to have each name only once --or 8 names per page. If I merge and change the format by taking and changing each of the 8 tickets ( name1, name2, name3 etc.) That turns into me ahveing to change up all my names by moving them from top to bottom and going left toright. If I could just merge them eight at a time in each column that would be great. Since you say your list contains over 3...

How do I copy data in single cell format to a merged cell format
I need to copy a list of data in single cell format into a spreadsheet where those same columns are merged cells (with four cells merged into one). I have several hundred lines of data so some way of copy & paste (other than each cell individually) would be appreciated. Thanks Paul Hi Paul What I would do is copy format of sheet with merge cells to blank sheet then copy single cell data to sheet with merge cells select single cell to paste you lose formatting so after just copy format from blank sheet created earlier I find this easiest way Hope this helps Tina "Paul" w...

HELP in printing A3 size newsletter-magazine which has a centerfold.
hi! i want to print a newsletter magazine in A3 size. so that means, the newsletter must have a paper size of H:17" and L:11". When i set the paper size in mspublisher to A3 portrait, the centerfold expands to h:22".... which consists of two A3 size papers.... how can i correct this so that each page will print like two short bond papers combined in the middle? also, how can i set mspublisher to print without borders? in my printer setup, there is a borderless settings. problem is, if i select that, some of the layout will be cropped out in the borderline.... so it look...