the solution if you're having problems printing a mail merged document.

http://word.tips.net/Pages/T001126_Printing_Portions_of_Mail_Merged_Documents.html
"
   1. Choose the Replace option from the Edit menu, or press Ctrl+H.
Word displays the Replace tab of the Find and Replace dialog box.
(Click here to see a related figure.)
   2. In the Find What box, enter ^b. This is the code for a section
break.
   3. Click on the No Formatting button, if it is available. This
removes any formatting specifications in what you are searching
      for. (You may need to click on the More button to see the No
Formatting button.)
   4. In the Replace With box, enter ^m. This is the code for a page
break.
   5. Click on the No Formatting button, if it is available. This
removes any formatting specifications in what you are replacing with.
   6. Click on Replace All.

Now you can print as normal, entering a range of page numbers you want
to print."
0
Dr

On 30/05/2010 4:08 PM, Dr.Tim wrote:
> http://word.tips.net/Pages/T001126_Printing_Portions_of_Mail_Merged_Documents.html
> "
>     1. Choose the Replace option from the Edit menu, or press Ctrl+H.
> Word displays the Replace tab of the Find and Replace dialog box.
> (Click here to see a related figure.)
>     2. In the Find What box, enter ^b. This is the code for a section
> break.
>     3. Click on the No Formatting button, if it is available. This
> removes any formatting specifications in what you are searching
>        for. (You may need to click on the More button to see the No
> Formatting button.)
>     4. In the Replace With box, enter ^m. This is the code for a page
> break.
>     5. Click on the No Formatting button, if it is available. This
> removes any formatting specifications in what you are replacing with.
>     6. Click on Replace All.
>
> Now you can print as normal, entering a range of page numbers you want
> to print."
That is totally unecessary and in some cases, may be undesirable.

All that you have to do is specify the Section of the document that you
want to print - s1, s3, s7-s9 etc.

--
Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

how do you merge the next record in publisher
I am trying to print off some invitations. There are two invitations per page. I will merge the addresses, but how do you get publisher to print the next record. I don't want the same name and address on each invitation. If you a viewing this in the print preview, it will look as though it will print all the same. A bug... The merge will work. Do a test run. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "maria" <maria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1ACD47A-D410-48EE-B220-0964128BB561@mi...

Banking Services Update Problem #2
I have successfully completed all of the steps as provided for in the update instructions. Initially updates were received as usual. However, now all of the accounts that were disabled and set-up again are failing to update. Message received is "Update unsuccessful" and call summary message is "Microsoft Money could not update your account. Please try to update your account again." Also after updating, the accounts that were updated never displayed a password text box. I went through the disable and set-up process again and still no password text box on the upd...

Windows XP x64 MFC application problem
I can't start my application on Windows XP Prof. 64-bit wersion, there is messagebox "Failed to create empty document". Application works fine on Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows XP Prof. SP2. What can I do to solove this probem? >I can't start my application on Windows XP Prof. 64-bit wersion, there is >messagebox "Failed to create empty document". Application works fine on >Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows XP Prof. SP2. What can I do to solove this >probem? The obvious response is - try debugging it on that platform and find where it's giving rise ...

circular files; iterating to a "correct" solution
I am working with a circular file. I have been making changes to the file, and I have noticed at times when i manually calculate that the file iterates to an obviously "incorrect" solution. No amount of changing the max no of iterations or the max change seems to fix the problem. It iterates to the same "incorrect" solution every time. It is like it is stuck in a rut and can't get out. I have also noticed that, if I manually calculate each worksheet separately (that is, hit shift - f9 simulaneously on each worksheet individually, from left to right) all the ...

print
how can i print from clistctrl without using CView This article might help you out. I haven't tried this one yet, but it's worth a look: http://www.codeproject.com/Purgatory/printlistctrl.asp Tom "mido1971" <mido1971@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA6BFE63-983C-41E3-B95B-DE9491881E41@microsoft.com... > how can i print from clistctrl without using CView ...

Print Screen Key disabled

Question -Problem

Excel button problem

AD Sync problem

WCF Client serialization problem

outlook 97 and express email problems

Having problem with spoofing email

Problem with Range

Offline Synchronization Problem #2

Document Viewer installer error

Document Template question
It's legal for a document to have multiple views into it's data, but when CMultiDocTemplate is created, it is only passed one runtime view class. How are multiple views handled in the document template context? Should all views of your document be derived from the class passed to CMultiDocTemplate? This is confusing me because MDI AppWizard did the work of setting up a document view class for me, but now I'm just using a child window with an imbedded static splitter window to show two different views of my document, and these views have nothing to do with CMyProjectView that...

message delivery problems