The path where you are trying to save this document is unavailable

I recently converted a PDF file to a word document (rtf) with an online
software. This conversion was successful and the document looks fine. However
when I make any change to the document and try to save it I get the error:

"The network or path where you are trying to save this document is
unavailable. What do you want to do?"
Which prompts me with three buttons "Retry, Save As..., Cancel".

This is confusing to me since I am saving it on my Desktop. I have noticed,
if I take out the pages that contain some graphs and tables, it saves it
perfectly.

Can anyone help me out?

I have resolved the issue by converting the file to a .doc file instead of a
..rtf file. I still don't understand why the error was occurring with the rtf
file.

save as html
when i save a file as html it can not be filled in is there a way to save it as html and also be able to fill it in? ...

[VS 2008]
Hi, I'm developing my ActiveX control using Visual Studio 2008 and MFC. I'm experimenting a strange behavior of the IDE. well, my Actviex has some property pages in order to edit properties (in design mode, obviously). If I changed properties in only one page and apply (button apply) them, it works fine. If I change some properties in the first property page, then I switch to the second property page and I change more properties, so when I press the apply button, the properties of the first page are correctly applied, but the changes on the second page are thrown away, and the old v...

Disaster Recovery Test Documentation
We are using Dynamics CRM 4.0. I am looking for documentation on how to do a Disaster Recovery test, while keeping the Live/Production environment intact. We have our Live/Production environment that is actively used. In our DR, we have a second installation of CRM, using a differnet OU, accounts, and SQL server. We would like to test our DR functionality without impacting our Live/Production environment. The test would involve copying the data from Live/Production to DR and having a user test the functionality and confirm data is properly restored. Anybody have any documentation...

Export Documents for International Shipping
I am looking for a solution that will automatically print the nexecssary documents to distribute out of the country. This includes the Certificate of Origin and the Commerical Invoice. There are NAFTA documents required for shipping out of the country and I need an easy, automatic way from GP. chayden, You can use writing letters templates to do this job, its an easy task. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "chayden"...

Insert a file path as a hyperlink
Is there a way to browse and select the file path and insert it as a hyperlink like in Outlook 2000? Like, in what application? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Brooke asked: | Is there a way to browse and select the file path and | insert it as a hyperlink like in Outlook 2000? First, you have to select HTML from the Format menu. Then, type or past...

Data Save error
GP Ver 6.0. Recently I am facing an error with normal users unable to save records, where as the system administrator is able to save the same information. Please advice on this error, what has to be done. I have disabled the windows user ID of the Database owner. Thinking of this made Dynasa as the DBO. Database is having enough free space available. Hi How big is the company database? Is it over 10GB? Regards James "Matthews" <Matthews@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FF3F553-5B18-4D8A-B65E-8A253BF94BB2@microsoft.com... > GP Ver 6.0. Recently I...

Copy an email to a saved folder
I get some emails and want to save them immediatly to the "saved" while still having a copy in the " inbox" to respond to but there is no "copy to folder" button in the drop down list, such as there is in Outlook express. Can I get one in there somehow. If I save it to a word file I then cannot respond to it. On Tue, 17 May 2005 11:57:18 -0700, miltdp <miltdp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get some emails and want to save them immediatly to the "saved" while still >having a copy in the " inbox" to respond to but there is...

No longer able to view pictures in Publisher Document
I am creating a document with many inserted photos. Everything was fine until I opened it today. All the photo areas are blank (the frame is there, but no photo). I checked the View menu and Pictures, but everything was set correctly. Why did this suddenly happen? What else can I try so the photos can be viewed (and most importantly, printed)? TN I checked further down in the "problem list" and found Ed Bennett's solution to move the hardware acceleration down 3 notches for my video driver. That Worked. I can see the photos OK in my other publisher documents with ful...

Save As Disappeared
I can no longer access the Save As option for any of my spreadsheets. Any ideas? Hi Steve You can reset your menubar to default Right click on the menubar and choose customize Under Toolbars select the worksheet menubar and click on reset on the right You lost all the things you changed to the menubar -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:025201c3b9dc$8dd62070$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I can no longer access the Save As option for any of my > spreadsheets. Any...

Book1
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\XLStart\Book1.xl -- mdalb ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mdalby's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=705 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26311 The template should be named Book.xlt, not Book1.xlt. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "mdalby" <mdalby.1d31an@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mdalby.1d31an@excelforum-nospam.com... > >...

Toobar configs won't save
I keep deleting the Anti-Spam and Business history toolbars, but they keep coming back after closing Outlook2003. ...

Why is Excel trying to access the network
I'm pasting some text into a cell - it did come from a website, but it's not a link or anything. It's just plain text - why the need to access the network? Maybe it's another cell, switch to formula view and see if you see something else. Because the formula view may not show everything, you might want to copy to another sheet so you can adjust columns to see your formulas better without affecting the column widths on the original. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm ...

Saving attached files in Outlook
What is OLK8 and what is it supposed to do? Outlook wants to save attached files to a folder called OLK8. When I want to go find the files I can't find the folder OLK8 even thought the save path indicated that it was in "local settings". It doesn't appear to be a hidden file. Why is OLK8 so hard to find when it is the default Outlook save location? The MS KB is (per usual) no help. It is a temporary file for storing attachments. If you are using Windows 2000 or XP, try turning on hidden and system folders and then go look again. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outl...

Lost file
My daughter turned off my computer before I could name/save a file in Excel. Will a temp version of it exist anywhere? Thanks! ...

'Server XXXX Not Available.' When Trying To Add a Process Server in the DPS Server Setup Window
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C9BDE1.B1EBED50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Issue 'Server XXXX not available' occurs when trying to add a process server = in the DPS Server Setup window.=20 Resolution If the Process Monitor is not running at the workstation you are trying = to add as a new process server, you will receive the message 'Server = XXXX not available'.=20 To start the Process Monitor, drag the Dynamics.set file on top of the = DPS.exe file in your...

Can I access the previous version of a saved file?
I overwrote an excel file by mistake, using the save as command to an incorrect file. Is there any way to recover the previous file before I "saved as" over it? Hi! I'm using Excel 10 (XP)......WinXP....... If I have an existing file and open it, make some changes, then do a SAVE AS and give it a different name, the newly "saved as" file is a completely *NEW* file and the original is still in tact with the previous file name. Try looking for the previous file name. Biff "JCC" <JCC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9CAD1748-1D5C...

How to 1. Jump to a specific page (in a massive document) based on a search then 2. Copy and paste an string of characters a few lines above it.
BACKGROUND/CONTEXT I am working from a very large word document, approximately 1000 pages long. Each page has one 'article' on it. I am currently doing something manually, which I would love to do using a macro. I am populating a table (which happens to be in an Excel spreadsheet) One column is the Article number 'xxxxx'. One of the other columns is a 'Topic' which is typically three alphanumeric characters (like AA1, AD4, BB4 DO6 etc.) PROBLEM/TASK This is what i have to do Step 1 - Jump to the page with the article number. Achieved by p...

can't save pics as jpg
I'm having trouble savings pictures sent to me as Jpegs. The "save as" only offers me the bitmap format, even though the original is a jpg. Anyone know why? Bruce B. berman@optonline.net What version of Outlook are you using? Note: this group does not support Outlook Express. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Bruce <berman@optonline.net> asked: | I'...

Problem saving a spreadsheet
I created an Excel spreadsheet and saved it to a network drive. When other people edit the spreadsheet and try to save it they get a message saying the file is set as read only. They are directed to save the file as another name. The save dialog box comes up and saves the file as a "copy of" the original. If you right click on the file and go to properties the read only attribute is not selected. Why does this keep happening? My guess is that this is actually nothing to do with the spreadsheet but more to do with your network settings. Although you have set the properties o...

Document Status Problem After GP9 Upgrade
Last week we upgraded from GP8 to GP9. Everything seemed to be going well until today when we tried to run a Cross-reference by source document report. None of our payables checks are shown in this list. I went into SmartList and it shows all of our check transactions as Document Status = Work which means they have not posted, but we have not changed our process from GP8. Are we missing something that changed in the upgrade? I verified it is not a report issue, if I pull the same report for dates before the upgrade it is correct but everything after the upgrade is shown as not post...

How to import an excel document (form) into publisher
I have tried several times to import a form I produced in excell but every time I try it shuts down my publisher document I am importing to. Which versions of the software? What steps are you taking? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Warren" <Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBC5D466-CE90-4657-BDFD-577984D46723@microsoft.com... >I have tried several times to import a form I produced in excell but every > time I try it shuts down my publisher document I am importing to. Have you tried: 1. Copy > Paste from Excel to Publisher...

Save print settings
How do I save print settings in an excel file. I have created a form for co-workers to use and want it to automatically print to a particular printer and to print two-sided. Unfortunately I can't count on most of them to know how to do that, so I would like the file to have those print settings saved. -- Julie Print settings are generally saved with the workbook. Are you sure this is not occuring? Perhaps you could create a Custom View which includes your specific print settings? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 20 May 2010 06:55:01 -0700, Julie <Julie@discu...

Excel Crashes when trying to open a User Form
When I open the workbook and click on the worksheet to open the user form excels stops working. I get Microsoft Office Excel has stopped working and is trying find a solution, but it never does. I have saved it in both 2007 & 2003 versions and both get the same problem. What is odd is if you open the Userform Workbook, then open the VBA code window, both userform versions run fine, but if you do not open the Code window Excel locks up everytime. Here is the code. Sheet 2 Code: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) UserForm1.Show End Sub ...

Trying to open a Publisher file from School
At school kids have PUB 03 or 07 file they created and at we have Home PUB 00, we cannot open their file? Am I out of luck? Dad of 5 wrote: > At school kids have PUB 03 or 07 file they created and at we have Home PUB > 00, we cannot open their file? Am I out of luck? Microsoft Home Publishing and Microsoft Publisher are two completely separate, different, and unfortunately similarly-named applications. Their filetypes are incompatible. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Dad of 5 wrote: > At school kids have PUB 03 or 07 file they created and at we have...

Problem in saving Date and $ field in Excel to CSV file
We just copy and paste data from MS Access 2003 to Excel 2003. When we save the Excel as CSV file, we find that the date has been converted to American format. We have checked the Regional Settings and Australia is used. Is there any language setting in Excel ? Moreover, on another machine, we are able to save to non-American date. However, we find that for monetary field, most of them are quoted - Like "$2,000.00" but some are not quoted - like $580.00. Your advice is sought. Thanks Peter ...