The path where you are trying to save this document is unavailable

I recently converted a PDF file to a word document (rtf) with an online
software. This conversion was successful and the document looks fine. However
when I make any change to the document and try to save it I get the error:

"The network or path where you are trying to save this document is
unavailable. What do you want to do?"
Which prompts me with three buttons "Retry, Save As..., Cancel".

This is confusing to me since I am saving it on my Desktop. I have noticed,
if I take out the pages that contain some graphs and tables, it saves it
perfectly.

Can anyone help me out?

I have resolved the issue by converting the file to a .doc file instead of a
..rtf file. I still don't understand why the error was occurring with the rtf
file.

Default document has 10 point spacing after lines can't find a way to change this default, though i can change it in each individual document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I can't find a way to change this default, though i can change it in each individual document <dbdbdb@officeformac.com> wrote: > I can't find a way to change this default, though i can change it in > each individual document Open the Normal.docx template and change the font size there. Save and from then on, all new documents based on Normal will have the font size you want. Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ --- http://www.mvps.org - http...

Link to Word Documents based on Styles?
Hi Is it possible to take the contents of a word document, say all 'heading' styles and paste them into another document, preferably Excel I am writing UML UCRs and want an Excel spreadsheet that records all of the Word Documents and all parts with a set style (in this case Heading 1 and Heading2). This needs to be realtime and based on the style rather than the text, as I don't want to have to remember to add the link in the spreadsheet when I add a new Heading1 style to the word document Is this possible, or am i asking too much Cheers. ...

How do I set up a word document application for online use
In our basket offcials asociation, I want to have an application in word I can send to members who can down load my word document and type in answeres in a radio box?? or Text box???? save and sent back to me. I could do it in the old version but not 97 -- rst See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/FillinTheBlanks.htm and especially the forms tutorials by Dian Chapman that this article links to. If by "97" you actually mean Word 2007, then you will need to display the Developer tab in order to find the legacy form fields. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microso...

Trying to Pull User Name From Network
Hello, I am working on a database that my work uses. It has a FE/BE. I am an uber novice when it comes to code...so what I am looking for is a way to place in code so that when I click the Save/Exit button it will pull that persons Alias from the network (being they have to log on using their alias to get on the network) into the desired field. I just don't know the code or exactly where to place it. This is a very extensive database used for storing about 9000 employee's info. and we are looking for the ability to shave off time by making the date/time and who updated it fields au...

Cannot open Project 2007 file, Project 2007 often tries 2 reinstal
Office 2003, Vista Home Premium. One Project 2007 file does open, another does not. The one does not open tells me: Project cannot recognize this file format. Would you like to open this file as text only? If I say "yes", I go into the Import Wizard. I go through that process, interestingly all of the import fields say "OUT OF CONTEXT", and I finally "Finish" and nothing is imported. So it seems that the file is corrupt. But how do I prevent this from happening again? The other strange thing is that Project 2007 often tries to reinstall when...

How to ensure workbook is saved before exiting Excel?
Need to find "fool-proof" method of ensuring Users save Excel workbooks before exiting program. This has been a huge problem in the past. Can this be done with a macro? Kathy This macro, placed in the ThisWorkbook module, will fire whenever the user issues a close command (whenever the user clicks on "Close"). The macro checks if the workbook has been saved, and will save it if not. The workbook will then close. Come back if you need more. Otto Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) If ThisWorkbook.Saved = False Then ThisWor...

Save a copy or Overwrite changes
I'm getting the following message when working with an excel file. It was not read-only when I opened it. I am on a network and using Excel 2002. It is not a shared workbook. The file 'Resources.xls' may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case, what do you want to do? You need to select Save a copy or Overwrite changes and then you click OK or Cancel. What can I check to make sure that I am set up properly and stop getting this message? Thank you. I know you said it is not a shared workbook/file, but it sounds exactly like what Excel ...

Can one Force Publisher 2003 to default save in Publisher 2000 for
Hi. We work with Office 2000 and XP. We don´t plan to deploy Office 2003 on corporate basis. Some new people though have Office 2003 - and there are more to come. Problem: Som work with Publisher 2000 or 2002 Others work with Publisher 2003. We can´t force people to use the "Save As" work around - to solve the document compatibility issue between the versions - they simply forget! Question: Is it possible to install the Publisher 2003, and force it always to Use the Publisher 2000 format, working with documents. (change some registry settings i.e...) -> so people do...

help with file handling (file path and name)
hi all, hope someone can help/advise me. i designing my own db to assist me track referrence material, emails, reports created at work, i originally had my tables just store these as attachments but now realise that my db is going to balloon very quickely and so started my search for a method of saving just there address. Dev Ashish + Terry Kreft's apllication "explorer" (http://www.mvps.org/access/downloads/explorer.zip) seems brilliant for what i want however can some one advise me how 1. i can invoke this from numerous different forms within my db, once invoked...

Workflow documentation
Could some one please guide an appropriate link which can help me understnad the workflow procedures, how to create them, etc. thanx g the workflow manager is pretty easy what would you like to do? I could list steps for you if you would like. "Gautam Sachdev" wrote: > Could some one please guide an appropriate link which can help me understnad > the workflow procedures, how to create them, etc. > thanx > g The help file is pretty good - have you reviewed it yet? "workflowManager.chm" in folder c:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Tools Guy. "Gautam Sachd...

Integration Manager does not install
I have a workstation that has previously had multiple installs of Dyn GP 10. Now I want to install Integration Manager and it bombs out because it can not find a path. How can I wipe all Dynamics install and registry settings so I can start with a clean slate. I don't want to re-image my PC! Thanks! Joshua, Before you perform such a time consuming task, why don't you check the following: 1) Open the Registry Editor. Go to Start > Run and type in REGEDIT. 2) Navigate to HKLM > Software > Microsoft > Business Solutions > Great Plains > 1033 > Default &g...

Link path issue: users in different versions 97 & 2002
Hi, Three workbooks on server: one workbook has the summaries and reports from links to the two other workbooks with data. One user on Excel 97, other user on Excel 2002. Files originally created in 97. Excel 97 won't keep the links, tries pointing to local files in paths that don't exist. All links are good and confirmed in 2002, saved & closed. Open in 97 and dialog boxes pop up looking for the links. Correct the links in 97 and all the data becomes 'zero'. This might not have anything to do with the versions, although that was a recent change and this is a recent pr...

How to see full path name of open workbook?
Is there a simple way to see the full path name (folder and file name) of an open workbook? Hi Joe, =CELL("filename",A1) Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com Where do you want to see this? If you display the Web Toolbar you will see path and name if the bar. On the Title Bar? Add this code to Thisworkbook module. Private Sub Workbook_Open() ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveWorkbook.FullName End Sub Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) Application.Caption = "" End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 21:22:04 -0...

Validating a string is in Xml format without doing a try{ XmlDocument.Load(.......
The title says it all. Is there a speed efficient way of validating that a string contains valid Xml without the overhead of try catch around a load attempt? Thanks in advance. Paul wrote: > Is there a speed efficient way of validating that a string contains > valid Xml without > the overhead of try catch around a load attempt? Reading your string with markup through an XmlReader (over a StringReader) checks for well-formedness, if you want to validate too you need to use XmlReaderSettings and set up the schemas first. There is no need to use XmlDocument, you only need that i...

"Date Last Saved" cell value
I need a "Date Last Saved" cell in my Excel 2003 workbook, one that updates when I save the file but doesn't update when I merely open it. I'm sure I remember such a function in an earlier version, but can't find one in my current version. Does it exist somewhere, or if not does anyone know a workaround? Thanks ==> Dick Hi Dick, see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/highlite.htm#beforesave A google web search would also work. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel...

http/1.1 503 Service unavailable
Hey, We are getting this error when people try to access OWA, i have seen some KB articles about this but nothing that really describes how to fix it other than the davex.dll which i have also seen you should not do because it mess things up even more so..... i am wondering if any of you have had this error and fixed it some other way, this is an exchange 2003 server (single) thanks ...

Possibility to quick modify protected cells in shared documents
I am sharing a workbook with my staff. I am looking for a possibility to change a cell content from specific cell while the other users cannot. (I know you can lock the cells and un-protect, but that's only possible if I disable sharing) The best would be if a password request pop-up appears after I focus on the cell. What is the VBcode if I need it? Bart 2003 Your code won't be able to unprotect a worksheet either--the same rules for sharing applies to it. But you can use: Tools|Protection|Allow users to edit ranges and give that range a password that only you know. You'll ha...

Save a record when switching tabs or clicking button
Hey there, When a user enters data on my form, and then either switches to another open tab, OR clicks on a button on the current form that opens another form, I want their data to be saved. How can I go about this? I tried the OnDirty event of the form as well as the Lost Focus event and neither is firing so I am at a loss. Any help is appreciated! Thanks! -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/201003/1 In the button's click event, add If Me.Dirty = True then Me.Dirty = False. On the tab control's change ev...

Linking to a page in seperate document
I have come a cross an issue. When adding a hyperlink in a publisher document that links to a page in a pdf, you can not go back in to the hyperlink because it will remove letters. Example: Http://mysite.com/file.pdf#page=5 becomes Http://mysite.com/file.pdf#age=5 So for each time you look at the link in the Hyperlink editor it removes a letter. Anyone know of a solution to stop that? Might try the links again. I only get 404 errors. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "JHalvorson" <JHalvorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

How do I save & apply sorts subtotals in excel to new worksheets?
I have a worksheet in Excel that I have set up the way I want. I have Page Setup, Format, and Sort set up in a particular way. Is there a way to apply this specific set of (Page Setup, Formats, and Sorts) parameters to an existing worksheet? Are they in the same workbook? For page setup: Select the "master" worksheet ctrl-click on the other worksheet tab file|page setup and click ok For the Formats: select the master worksheet ctrl-a (twice in xl2003) to select all the cells ctrl-c (to copy) to the other worksheet select A1 Edit|paste special|Formats I'm not sure how yo...

Contents of the document vanishes after opening the document..
Dear All.. I m working on editor application. I save the document with my own (user) defined extension or standard extension like.doc, .rtf etc.. After that when I double click on the icon to open the document... it get open in my application but.. the contents of that document vanishes.. & i get the blank document in front of me. Can anybody help me to solve this problem??? Why I m not getting the contents of the file???? Thanx.. Is it a blank document or simpy your view is not shown correctly. Debug it and see what your document object looks like. If you double clicking a file in expl...

Trying to change a formula
This is the formula I am using and it works good.... =SUM(IF(ISERR(FIND("-",G15:G125)),,REPLACE(G15:G125,1,FIND("-",G15:G125),"")-LEFT(G15:G125,FIND("-",G15:G125)-1)+1)) I now need to extend down to cell G133 instead of G125 I have manually changed all the G125s to G133 but then it returns a zero What am I doing wrong? thanks -- This is an array formula - did you remember to commit the formula with CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER (CSE) when you amended it? Double-click in the cell as if to edit it, then do CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER. Hope this helps. Pete S S wrote...

Getting path from the full path and file name
Hello again, This is my second question today. The question is how to get just the path info from a string that contains path and file name information. I am looking an MFC or WinAPI function to do that because I don't want to do it manually. Thanks, "msnews.microsoft.com" <fwr> schrieb im Newsbeitrag = news:uzyJa$q1DHA.1700@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... : Hello again, :=20 : This is my second question today. The question is how to get just the = path : info from a string that contains path and file name information. I am : looking an MFC or WinAPI function to do that becaus...

Excel asking for save with no changes #2
No. These are primarily tabled text files. The only formulas ar "=now()" for the date and "+a1" where the cell is returning a tex reference from another cell -- tommy2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tommy20's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=281 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27781 Hi and NOW() is automatically re-claculated everytime you open Excel. This is the reason why the file is changed (and the formula result has been changed) -- Regards Fra...

my invite atendees buutton is unavailible
we have exchange 2003 and when we access a shared public cal by browser the invite is not available . What do i need to change on the exchange server ...