The path where you are trying to save this document is unavailable

I recently converted a PDF file to a word document (rtf) with an online
software. This conversion was successful and the document looks fine. However
when I make any change to the document and try to save it I get the error:

"The network or path where you are trying to save this document is
unavailable. What do you want to do?"
Which prompts me with three buttons "Retry, Save As..., Cancel".

This is confusing to me since I am saving it on my Desktop. I have noticed,
if I take out the pages that contain some graphs and tables, it saves it
perfectly.

Can anyone help me out?

I have resolved the issue by converting the file to a .doc file instead of a
..rtf file. I still don't understand why the error was occurring with the rtf
file.

Can't make changes to my word document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I've formatted a new calendar on to a word document using text boxes and text and now when I go back into the document, and will not allow me to make any changes -I can't add or cut or copy any text. It was fine while I was creating it, then after saving it as a doc.x it won't let me alter it. Sorry, not enough information to answer. It sounds as though you may have placed some invisible object in front of those text boxes, preventing you clicking in them. On 7/04/10 6:25 AM, in article 59bb694...

Excel 2008 will not save 2004 documents
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I just upgraded to Office 2008 from 2004. I am having a problem saving Excel files that were created in Office 2004. I can open them and make changes, but when I go to do a save I get an error message that there is a problem accessing the file. This is for ANY Excel file. Word files work just fine. If I create a new Excel file I can save those. When I do a get info on an Excel file that I am having problems with I have read / write access. I did install the 2008 update. Try Repairing Permissions, using the Disk Utility...

Saved Chnages do not display
I customize the contact form (or any other form) then save and close. The changes are stored so that I can see them if I reopen the custome form, however, the changes do not show up for my sales staff. Any ideas as to why my changes are not being accepted? Thanks. Mark Hi To update the changes for all the sales staff you have to publish the new form in the CRMserver. Go on to the "Implementation Manager": Start > MicrosoftCRM > implementation manager. Then in the "Action" menu select "All tasks" and "Publish customization", ( I`m sorry,...

I would like a button to reset my sheet to last saved
Everyone in this forum is so smart and helpful, I know you will help. Thank -- phil1ra ----------------------------------------------------------------------- phil1ray's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=641 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26654 Hi not really possible unless you always save a backup copy of your file -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "phil1ray" <phil1ray.1dnzgn@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:phil1ray.1dnzgn@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Everyone...

RMS Technical API documentation
I was wondering if there is any technical api documentation available for RMS or POS? ...

Excel 2003 & xml-file: change referring path of input file?
Hi, I would like to change the path of input data of an xml-file coded below without editing the xml-file. The best would be that it could be changed somewhere in the Excel window. <udc:DataSource MajorVersion="1" MinorVersion="0" xmlns:udc="http://schemas.microsoft.com/data/udc"> <udc:Type Type="XMLFile" MajorVersion="1" MinorVersion="0"/> <udc:Name>Binding1</udc:Name> <udc:ConnectionInfo Purpose="Query"> <udcxf:File xmlns:udcxf="http://schemas.microsoft.com/data/udc...

Re: Unable to open Excel/XLS files with very long paths/filenames.
No one knows? :( On 2/11/2010 1:29 PM PT, Phillip Pi typed: > Hello. > > Does Office 2007's Excel have a problem in not being able to open very > long paths/filenames? Excel says it could not find that file. I tested > several scenarios: > > c:\Users-Phillip-Pi-whatever-whatever.whatever.what1234-phillip-piSomethingSomething-Depot-testing1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrtuxyz12345678901234567890foobatestblahblahtest12345678901234567890-12\1234567890abcdefghi.xls > = 219 characters failed. > D:\Users-Phillip-Pi-whatever-whatever.whatever.what1234-phillip-piSomething...

How do I keep hyperlinks working when saving a Pub doc as a PDF?
I have created a newsletter that I e-mail to my distribution list as a PDF. The only problem is that I lose all my hyperlinks during the transfer to PDF and I end up going into Adobe and re-creating all the hyperlinks. I need them in both PUB and PDF. Any suggestions? Lucine <Lucine@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I have created a newsletter that I e-mail to my distribution list as > a PDF. The only problem is that I lose all my hyperlinks during the > transfer to PDF and I end up going into Adobe and re-creating all the > hyperlinks. I ...

Pass control name from Access to Word and save text in the control
I've posted this twice in Access forms coding and had no luck. Maybe someone here can help me. Thanks. Novice Word 2003, Access 2003, XP Pro I have some four subforms each with a command button that opens a document in MS Word and renames it. The user then enters or adds text to the Word document. When they close Word, I want to save the text in the Word document into a memo field in Access. I don't know how to pass the control name to MS Word and then save the text back to that control. I don't want to use the form names so that the subforms can be used in ...

Passwoed not saved in Outlook 2002
Outlook does not save passwords. I did the procedure discussed in "(290684) - When you connect to your Internet service provider (ISP) to retrieve messages from a Post Office Protocol 3 (POP3) server, your password is not retained even though you have chosen to save the password." In step 11 "Double-click the Protected Storage System Provider key to expand the key, click the user subkey folder that is directly below the Protected Storage System Provider key, click Delete on the Edit menu, and then click Yes in the warning message dialog box." There were no user...

Money Plus not saving changes
I have used Money for years. I bought a new computer with Vista a couple of months ago and downloaded Money Plus Deluxe. I've been using it with no problems. Now a couple of days ago, I entered some info and exitted. It said it was saving my backup file. When I opened it again, the changes were not in there. I have 2 files on it, one for home and one for my business. I regularly toggle between the two with no problem. This is really frustrating, I have entered some of the information 3 times now and it is still not saving it. I have never had a problem like this with Money....

Opening Excel from Vb.Net without Document Recovery?
From VB.Net is it possibel to open an Exell (and Word) files witout Document Recovery kicking in with recoved documents?? ...

Import Word document into existing Publisher document
Is there a way to import a Word document into an existing Publisher document? I know how to do it by creating a NEW Publisher document. The cut-and-paste method does NOT work--all the formatting is lost. Help, please ...

how do i save a new address typed on an envelop in word 2003
i want to save the address i type on an envelop under the envelop and labels under tools. Save it where? You could add the envelope to a document and save the document or You could use an envelope template - see the link at the end of http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm and create and save an envelope document including the address. or You could save the address in Outlook and insert the address from the addressbook function in the envelope/label dialog, which stores recent addresses. To do this Outlook must be your default e-mail application. -- <>...

Printing in batch of 10 documents or 20 pages single sided
i know.. i've read alot of post regarding this but it seems there's no confessions regarding the fix (registry fix" i tried it myself but still publisher prints it by batch of 20 (double sided)/10 (singles). anymore suggestions? this is being a mail merge printing.. thanks sorry kinda confused now.. i mean 20 singles and 10 double sided.. "ggs90025" wrote: > i know.. i've read alot of post regarding this but it seems there's no > confessions regarding the fix (registry fix" i tried it myself but still > publisher prints it by batch of 20 (...

Best data type to use in a document to handle a CListCtrl?
I am using a CListCtrl on a CFormView and I want to know what is the best way, or data type, to use in the doc class to represent the data,(or rows and columns) of the CListCtrl. Thanks a bunch. CLEAVEAGE It is very much application dependent -- but here is a technique that i use from time to time: Assume a bunch of data that exists in a database that i would like to visualize - and i have chosen the list-view control. In the CDoc class I would make the connection to the database (using either ADO or more likely OCI if the database is Oracle hosted). Somewhere in the CDoc class I would...

File Save As Dialog
I have an application which pops up file "Save as" dialog. I am trying to automate <save> button click. Unfortunately i am unable to get the handle of the "Button" with the text "Save". I used spy++. but it does not show the button as window. Please suggest. thx Would it be easier if the Save As dialog box would not come up to begin with? AliR. "skg" <skg@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u1MavF9vGHA.4624@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I have an application which pops up file "Save as" dialog. I am trying to > automate &l...

CRM 4 and MOSS Document Library Integration
Hi I would like to learn how to integrate CRM Accounts to have own document library /site in MOSS (SharePoint). Does anyone know of any good blogs/guides i can following to achieve this. I am not really interested in buy add on's/connectors. Many Thanks Newbie http://blogs.msdn.com/ukcrm/archive/2008/04/11/sharepoint-3-0-document-libraries-crm.aspx Oldie "Newbie" <NewBie@newbie.com> wrote in message news:%23d2J$bTVJHA.4948@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I would like to learn how to integrate CRM Accounts to have own document > library /site in MO...

Publisher document in email breaks up
I created a publisher document. Some images, text boxes, word art, etc. I email, in body of email, email preview. All looks good. When recipient gets message it looks like a puzzle all messed up. blocks, borders, pieces of pictures not making any sense. ...

How do I merge an Excel mailing List with Microsoft Word Document
I have columns or in the old DOS version "fields" where I have placed first name, Last name, street address, City, State and Zip. In addition I have a field for the Salutation which may contain more than one first name, i.e. Mary and Joe. I want to merge these individual rows in excel into a Word document. Kookie For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm And a training tutorial for c...

How do you entr data in a form (scanned) document?
I have a printed form I need to fill out by entering data. How do I ues Word to do so? I can scan the form to creat a (picture) document. How do I enter data in this document (by overlay) to enable printing it with entered data? You could use text boxes for your info. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Filling in preprinted forms" <Filling in preprinted forms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:659EAF90-C3E9-4C24-BDCC-11DAB1A95A87@microsoft.com... >I have a printe...

XML Schema and document in Visual Studio
I'm trying to create a simple Schema and associated document in Visual Studio that will store information regarding units and conversion (meters, feet, inches, degrees C, F, K, etc.) I create a schema and then add a new XML document, set the reference to the schema and start typing in the data in Visual Studio's "data view" window which seems to work fine. But then I view the document in XML view and Visual Studio indicates an error in the root node of the document saying the active schema doesnt support the element 'xsUnits'. What gives with this? I would expect e...

Can you display Recently Opened documents at the bottom of the File menu?

count cells in a document, but excude cells with a "0"
I want to count the number of cells that have a value greater than "0", but not use a range. The cells that will be counted are every other cell in that column. EX: 45 22<-- 18 6<-- 9 17<-- 2 0<-- so my answer would be "3", the amount of cells that have a value greater than "0". the arrows are not on the work sheet they are just used to point out which cell I need counted. You have not given any cell references where your data is but a fomual like this should be close... =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW($A$1:$A$10), 2) = 0), --($...

Locate where a particular font is used in a document
I am trying to find where a particular font is used within a publication. Normal eyeballing hasn't worked. Is there a "search" I can do? Do you have that font on your computer? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "GregTheGrate" <GregTheGrate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:211F9CAC-7F61-4B7A-B28A-F27F70F1DA6E@microsoft.com... >I am trying to find where a particular font is used within a publication. > Normal eyeballing hasn't worked. Is there a "searc...