Office word 2007 cannot open a document on the Desktop

Dear Sir/Madam
Hello there,
any one can give a help
in the last few weeks I saw a error within Office Word 2007, which it can't
open a document on the desktop and following message comes up (There was a
problem sending the command to the program.).
I applied the file extention from Control Panel and it still exists,
sometimes I had had to click on the document right click and open it through
the choice (Open).
Many thanks indeed.
Sincerely,
Elsharif

Run Office Setup from the Control Panel and choose the REPAIR option.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Elsharif" <Elsharif@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Dear Sir/Madam
> Hello there,
> any one can give a help
> in the last few weeks I saw a error within Office Word 2007, which it
> can't
> open a document on the desktop and following message comes up (There was a
> problem sending the command to the program.).
> I applied the file extention from Control Panel and it still exists,
> sometimes I had had to click on the document right click and open it
> through
> the choice (Open).
> Many thanks indeed.
> Sincerely,
> Elsharif

0
Terry

"Out of Office" Reply
Can anyone tell me how to install the "Out of Office" Assistant? The option does not appear in my Tools menu. That will not appear on your personal computer. It is used on a network. >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone tell me how to install the "Out of Office" >Assistant? The option does not appear in my Tools menu. >. > You have to have an Exchange server for Out-of-Office Assistant to be enabled. You could probably do something similar with an Outlook rule, but then you have to leave your machine on and checking mail the whole time. Probably...

SBCMSYNC.DLL is not a valid Office add-in ????
Every time I open Outlook I get the following message: C:\Documents and Settings\Roger\Application Data\Microsoft\Addins C:\Program File\Microsoft Office\Office\SBCMSNC.DLL is not a valid Office add-in. I click Ok and everything seems to work ok. I can't find the file SBCMSYNC.DLL on my system. When I go to Add-ins Manage COM add-ins, I get the same message but it doesn't show any add-in to remove. How can I get rid of this message so that it won't pop up when I open Outlook? -- Roger This problem has been addressed in: "OL2000: Error Message: Not a Valid Office Ad...

When I open up excel a worksheet that has been inputed opens up w.
How do I start excel with a blank worksheet Hi There is either some excel file in the starup folder or files are opened through Tools, Options, General Tab, "At startup open every file from folder:" (please note this option may vary since I am using a french version) HTH Cordially Pascal "EL GUAPO" <ELGUAPO@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: C033BB21-8298-46A6-8697-34B5F9BB56F0@microsoft.com... > How do I start excel with a blank worksheet No, that's not it. That does just what it says, it opens every file in that folder. H...

reinstall Office 2004 without losing entourage email files
Office 2004 is behaving very erratically for me, a new development after a long period of happiness. I have tried replacing preferences files, I have rune First Aid on my startup disk and repaired permissions (both from the OSX Tiger install disk) and yet I am experiencing LOOOOOOOOONG load times for MS Office. I feel I need to erase and reinstall office, but I don't want to lose my email archives. What to do? David Removing Office shouldn't remove your Entourage data, but it's a good idea to make a backup regularly in any case. To back up all of your Entourage data, just co...

Open File
I created a shortcut to a executable on a mapped network drive. And I get the open file security message. I Googled this and found the page below. Tried both settings in IE; Include all network paths (UNCs) And add the server to trusted local sites. Neither works. Still get the error message. Is there anything else that I can try? http://windowsxp.mvps.org/networkfile.htm Thanks ...

Your standard email folder can not be opened
Good day, we have a new customer with an SBS2003 and XP clients. The people who have set up the system two years ago are not available any more. We created two new accounts using the SBS assitant, like we always do. All is well, but if we log in with the new account on any client and open Outlook it does not work. First we enter the exchange server name and account name and OL recognizes them. Then the message "Outlook accounts are configured and welcome message is generated" appears. Next we get the following error message: (I've translated it from German so it may be...

Problems when opening in Publisher 2003 vs 2007
I have a file someone sent me that when opening it in Publisher 2003, it appears as a long narrow strip with 8% zoom. However, when I open the same file in Publisher 2007, it appears as it should. They only have Publisher 2003. Is there something that needs to be changed in 2003 so that the file appears correctly? -- shel What happens if you re-save the document? Publisher 2003 will open 2007 publications. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "shel" <shel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8444042F-56E8-4390-A00D-FBFB155903F5@microsof...

Solution to ALL Office Problems on mac
Hey guys, I have been using a mac for a while now and have encountered numerous problems such as errors when saving my files and such. I recently found a website selling an alternative for the entire office suite. Since they are having a sale right now I figured, hey why not just try it out. And I must say that I am pleasantly suprised. For only 29$, I received an office suite with more features than Office (including a PDF creator/reader etc) and have not encountered a single problem using the suite. (It is 100% Office compatible!) Anyway, I thought it would be nice to share this with yo...

Word 2004: Style List / Style Dialogue Box Bug
Hello all -- I'm in Word 2004. Upon opening a new document, it defaults to showing only a couple of styles in the style list. I want to be able to see all of them. Word Help suggests going to the Formatting Palette and selecting all styles. This works, but I don't use the Formatting Palette that often. The second option: View All Styles in the Style Dialogue box doesn't work. This is the one I want to use. It tells users to go the the Format menu and select Style command, then select All Styles on the List popup menu. I did this and clicked apply, but when I go back to the documen...

Out of Office Reply #17
Hello; I would like to know if there is a way to set up an auto reply for email received from one spicific domain? I tried looking at the rules but could find one that that would do this. Thank you Lee On 12 Apr 2004 12:57, "Lee" <Lmorgenstein@bederson.com> wrote: > > >Hello; > >I would like to know if there is a way to set up an auto reply for >email received from one spicific domain? I tried looking at the rules >but could find one that that would do this. >Thank you > >Lee > What if you set up the rule to reply with template if th...

Outlook
Has anyone ever seen these errors? They are happening very regularly in Outlook and other office 2003 apps: ********* Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.5510.0, stamp 3f1380f0, faulting module rfxmsx32.dll, version 8.5.0.123, stamp 3d3fa429, debug? 0, fault address 0x000032be. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. ********** Faulting application MSACCESS.EXE, version 9.0.0.6620, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 5.2.3790.0, fault address 0x00008789. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go...

attching files in outlook 2007
hello, if I try and insert a file into a message in outlook 2007 I only get options to insert or insert as text. in previous versions there was an option to insert as a hyperlink, is this no longer available? I am using outlook/office 2007 with SP2 installed. Thanks in advance for any help. Taffy B "TAFFY" <TAFFY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01D958C4-B54B-4127-BB93-F414AD3D9A68@microsoft.com... > hello, > if I try and insert a file into a message in outlook 2007 I only get > options > to insert or insert as text. in pre...

redirecting emails to SBS Exchange 2007
If I want to redirect emails from public hosting server to local SBS server, what DNS records do I need to change. Do I need to edit any other A/AAAA records or just to add whatever name (matching sbs domain name) and global IP of my local office router? Below is an example of another company records - the first is web page hosting service and 3rd is the name and IP of this organisation, which I need to add for my company. What for is needed the second 127.0.0.1? 3 A/AAAA record(s) mycompany.com. IN A xxx.146.69.8 localhost.mycompany.com. IN A 127....

How to copy Contacts data on my Notebook's Outlook 2007 to Addres Book of Outlook Express on desktop PC
I have entered most of my friends' data on my Notebook's Outlook 2007. However, on my home desktop PC, I'm using Outlook Express 6. How do I transfer the Notebook's Outlook Contacts to the Desktop's Outlook Express Address Book? I use Win XP on both machines. I was told Outlook stores its Contacts data in a Contacts Folder, while Outlook Express reads only files with wab extensions and it's tricky to Import a Contacts folder to a wab file. Pse help. Thank you. "Jimmy Hsu" <jimmyhsu@tifventures.com> wrote in message news:fjrb5f$pn2$1@maw...

Excel:I set the font color to be "Red". Next time file is open, f.
Say I sent the font color to Red in the cell. The next time I open the file, the font color in the cell changes? Why Maybe you didn't save the file? >-----Original Message----- >Say I sent the font color to Red in the cell. The next time I open the file, >the font color in the cell changes? Why >. > ...

Automated Access Reports E-mailed with Outlook in Remote Desktop E
Automated Access 2007 Reports E-mailed with Outlook in Remote Desktop Environment (aka Terminal Services ) I have set up an Access 2007 application that automatically reads data from a SQL Server database, generates several reports, and then pushes these reports out to several files in PDF format. After the report files are generated, I use VBA code in Access to fire up Outlook to e-mail the reports as attachments to several department managers. This system is initiated by the Windows Scheduler at 4:00 AM every day and is run with no human intervention. In order to avoid th...

Word Wrap hiding text
Has anyone experienced word wrap in excel hiding all text. It has come on all of a sudden and is causing problems with every excel file I open. I have seen other posts here but no resolution. Thanks Matt I have the same issue.... "mattrgore@gmail.com" wrote: > Has anyone experienced word wrap in excel hiding all text. It has come > on all of a sudden and is causing problems with every excel file I > open. I have seen other posts here but no resolution. > > Thanks > > Matt > > ...

Problems with typing in Russian in Word'04
Hi, I am going nuts because of this problem. I am on the verge of purchasing a different word processor, but I paid $150 for this one so it should work!! Here's what happens. I set my language in the "International" Preferences in the Mac settings (I have the little taskbar icon flag thing enabled to quickly change my language). When I try to type in Word after setting the language (under tools) to Russian, I can type okay...until I realize that I made a mistake a few words back. So I click to move the cursor back to where I need to make a change...and the Mac language switches ...

create new document, then add data
I added items to my toolbar and menu bars to my app and would now like to do the following: I know how to set up methods to handle the commands. I would like one of my buttons/menu items to create a new document and then add data to it (MDI). Either randomly generated or pulled from a server. What keeps confusing me about the Doc/View architecture and MFC is where pointers to different class instances are, etc. In this case, I need to create a new document first. If I create a method to deal with the command from my new button in the "MyApp" class, that works, but now how d...

Open Opportunities View (inc. Addr1_Country)
In the Open Opportunities View I would like to add a column for the Potential Customers Country. Can this be done? How? Yes, you can either setup a new view using Advanced Find or you can modify the existing views using SETUP, CUSTOMIZATION, CUSTOM ENTITES, OPPORTUNITES, VIEWS and FORMS -- Anne Stanton, MBSCP-CRM The Norwich Group Partnering with Partner's on MS Dynamics CRM "Anyone for Coffee?" <AnyoneforCoffee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9614344C-5196-4EEA-9FD1-256E2FD50138@microsoft.com... > In the Open Opportunities View I would like t...

Lost Recent Documents List
Following a recent windows update my list of "recent documents" in all Office applications disapears every time my computer reboots. Is there a way to fix this? SeattleMike56 wrote: > Following a recent windows update my list of "recent documents" in all Office > applications disapears every time my computer reboots. Is there a way to fix > this? You haven't said the version of your Office but assuming you are using Office 2007, then open Word 2007 and try this: 1. Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Word Options. 2. Click ...

Office / Excel 2003
Hello, Hope someone here can help me out. Upgraded from Excel 97 (Word too) to Office Pro 2003 installing everything on an XP Pro desktop connected to a network running Microsoft SBS2000. Now, when I simply open Excel, I get: "The file cannot be opened because your virus scanner has detected a problem with the file.". But I'm not trying to open any file, just Excel. HELP! I get the same thing in trying to open an old file, saved in Excel 97. If I add anything to one cell (or two, just something at all) and then save the file it saves it but when I go to open it with the O...

deleting phrases in Excel and/or Word
My question is for beginners but I am working with spreadsheets and documents which contains a lot of the same words I want to delete. Can anyone please tell me how I can do this? THANK YOU BEFOREHAND FOR YOUR HELP! Here's one quick play using SUBSTITUTE for progressive deletion .. Assume text data is running in A1 down Enter the exact words/phrases (case sensitive) you want deleted in say K1 down. Eg assuming you have 3 words to delete: in K1: the, in K2: Oops, in K3: milk Then place in B1: =TRIM(SUBSTITUTE(A1,INDEX($K:$K,COLUMN(A1)),"")) Copy B1 across by 3* cols to ...

How do I change line spaces in an envelope on word
I have tried Jay's solution but it doesn't work for me. I must have an earlier version of Word. I have managed to change line spaces in a document but when I try to create an address on a label or Envelope it prints in double spacing. Envelope addresses are formatted with the envelope address paragraph style - see http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http:...

Images won't print page by page in document with section breaks.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel This is an extremely annoying bug. I have a 60 page document with a number of images and charts. The document prints fine with all the images and charts correctly placed. For a while I could print individual pages from the document without any difficulty. However, after I inserted a section break into the document my problems began. The full 60 page document will still print without any problems, but if I try to print individual pages or a range of pages, the images/figures do not print. They show up as white sp...