Office 2010 Word - not enough memory or stopped working

I have looked through the list of available discussion groups but am unable
to locate one for Office 2010 beta, so I post this here in the hope that
someone might direct me to somewhere or someone that can help.  Having only
just downloaded the beta I have found it to be causing several problems in
terms of the speed in which certain things happen - my computer seems much
more sluggish than previously with Office 2007.  However, I can live with
that, but I have also found that when I am using grammar and spell check in
Word I get one of two results: 1.  No attempt is made by Word to commence a
check and a warning 'there is not enough memory or disk space to complete the
operation' shows instead.  2.  A check does commence, but does not complete
and I get a 'stopped working' and Word closes.  Does anyone know of a
solution please, and if you can also direct me to a help page for the beta I
would be most grateful.  Regards, Dictionary Bob

Office 2010 beta is now superseded and is not supported here anyway. There
is a specific Support group for beta testers at
https://connect.microsoft.com/office?wa=wsignin1.0 but I have no way of
knowing if you have access to it.

Try Office 2010 RC to see if it has resolved your problem.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Dictionary option/Bob" <DictionaryoptionBob@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:C2BA98C5-E5AB-48CC-BB78-1AD391B60EB2@microsoft.com...
> I have looked through the list of available discussion groups but am
> unable
> to locate one for Office 2010 beta, so I post this here in the hope that
> someone might direct me to somewhere or someone that can help.  Having
> only
> just downloaded the beta I have found it to be causing several problems in
> terms of the speed in which certain things happen - my computer seems much
> more sluggish than previously with Office 2007.  However, I can live with
> that, but I have also found that when I am using grammar and spell check
> in
> Word I get one of two results: 1.  No attempt is made by Word to commence
> check and a warning 'there is not enough memory or disk space to complete
> the
> operation' shows instead.  2.  A check does commence, but does not
> complete
> and I get a 'stopped working' and Word closes.  Does anyone know of a
> solution please, and if you can also direct me to a help page for the beta
> would be most grateful.  Regards, Dictionary Bob

0
Terry
2/9/2010 11:06:29 PM
Not entirely, you can still get the beta from
http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/default.aspx . The RC is only
intended for a select group of testers last thing I heard.

Anyway, the 'official' newsgroup is a public forum nowadays and is located
at http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/word/threads

Yves

"Terry Farrell" <terryfarrell@msn.com> wrote in message
> Office 2010 beta is now superseded and is not supported here anyway. There
> is a specific Support group for beta testers at
> https://connect.microsoft.com/office?wa=wsignin1.0 but I have no way of
> knowing if you have access to it.
>
> Try Office 2010 RC to see if it has resolved your problem.
>
> --
> Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
>
> "Dictionary option/Bob" <DictionaryoptionBob@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message
>> I have looked through the list of available discussion groups but am
>> unable
>> to locate one for Office 2010 beta, so I post this here in the hope that
>> someone might direct me to somewhere or someone that can help.  Having
>> only
>> just downloaded the beta I have found it to be causing several problems
>> in
>> terms of the speed in which certain things happen - my computer seems
>> much
>> more sluggish than previously with Office 2007.  However, I can live with
>> that, but I have also found that when I am using grammar and spell check
>> in
>> Word I get one of two results: 1.  No attempt is made by Word to commence
>> check and a warning 'there is not enough memory or disk space to complete
>> the
>> operation' shows instead.  2.  A check does commence, but does not
>> complete
>> and I get a 'stopped working' and Word closes.  Does anyone know of a
>> solution please, and if you can also direct me to a help page for the
>> beta I
>> would be most grateful.  Regards, Dictionary Bob

0
Yves
2/10/2010 8:19:33 AM
Thanks Yves. I had no idea there was a public NG in TechNet for O2010.

Terry

"Yves Dhondt" <yves.dhondt@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Not entirely, you can still get the beta from
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/default.aspx . The RC is only
> intended for a select group of testers last thing I heard.
>
> Anyway, the 'official' newsgroup is a public forum nowadays and is located
> at http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/word/threads
>
> Yves
>
> "Terry Farrell" <terryfarrell@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Office 2010 beta is now superseded and is not supported here anyway.
>> There is a specific Support group for beta testers at
>> https://connect.microsoft.com/office?wa=wsignin1.0 but I have no way of
>> knowing if you have access to it.
>>
>> Try Office 2010 RC to see if it has resolved your problem.
>>
>> --
>> Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
>>
>> "Dictionary option/Bob" <DictionaryoptionBob@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote in message
>>> I have looked through the list of available discussion groups but am
>>> unable
>>> to locate one for Office 2010 beta, so I post this here in the hope that
>>> someone might direct me to somewhere or someone that can help.  Having
>>> only
>>> just downloaded the beta I have found it to be causing several problems
>>> in
>>> terms of the speed in which certain things happen - my computer seems
>>> much
>>> more sluggish than previously with Office 2007.  However, I can live
>>> with
>>> that, but I have also found that when I am using grammar and spell check
>>> in
>>> Word I get one of two results: 1.  No attempt is made by Word to
>>> commence a
>>> check and a warning 'there is not enough memory or disk space to
>>> complete the
>>> operation' shows instead.  2.  A check does commence, but does not
>>> complete
>>> and I get a 'stopped working' and Word closes.  Does anyone know of a
>>> solution please, and if you can also direct me to a help page for the
>>> beta I
>>> would be most grateful.  Regards, Dictionary Bob

0
Terry
2/10/2010 10:17:44 AM
Thank you to Terry and Yves for your respones.  I will have a look at the
various websites.  Regards, Bob

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

> Thanks Yves. I had no idea there was a public NG in TechNet for O2010.
>
> Terry
>

> "Yves Dhondt" <yves.dhondt@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Not entirely, you can still get the beta from
> > http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/default.aspx . The RC is only
> > intended for a select group of testers last thing I heard.
> >
> > Anyway, the 'official' newsgroup is a public forum nowadays and is located
> > at http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/word/threads
> >
> > Yves
> >
> > "Terry Farrell" <terryfarrell@msn.com> wrote in message
> >> Office 2010 beta is now superseded and is not supported here anyway.
> >> There is a specific Support group for beta testers at
> >> https://connect.microsoft.com/office?wa=wsignin1.0 but I have no way of
> >> knowing if you have access to it.
> >>
> >> Try Office 2010 RC to see if it has resolved your problem.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
> >>
> >> "Dictionary option/Bob" <DictionaryoptionBob@discussions.microsoft.com>
> >> wrote in message
> >>

> .

backup file won't work!!
OK, now I've really had it! This is my last resort! Several years ago, while using Money 97, our computer crashed. We had backed up every time we used money, so I thought we were OK. However, we could never get the backup file to pull up after fixing the computer and everything was lost. I vowed that this would not happen again, so I tried backing up on a ZIP disk instead, and then on CDs. I also got on this newsgroup and got the advice that I needed to first copy the backup file onto the desktop and open it from there. I tried doing that with the old program, and it seeme...

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

punblisher and word prcoessing software
can publisher be used as word processing sofware? Not very successfully, it's a desktop publishing program. If you don't have the $, download and install OpenOffice. OpenOffice Writer is an excellent word processor — very similar to MS Word. "shelagh" <shelagh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:834CE68F-4492-466A-91DC-694F807C578C@microsoft.com... > can publisher be used as word processing sofware? It *could* but it's not the best tool for that job. Specifically what do you want to do? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask...

Memory Allocation
MSVC 6, XP I'm writing a piece of code that needs to compress and uncompress .zip files, that, in normal state, could be up to 100MB in size. What is the preferred method of allocating large amounts of memory in the aforementioned situation? Right now, I'm using something like: DWORD dwUncompressedSize = random size up to 100MB; unsigned char* lpData = new char [dwUncompressedSize]; uncompress data... do stuff with data... delete [] lpData; Is this an acceptable way of performing the task or should I be using another method? Jack Memory mapped files can be used to work on ext...

Memory Leak #10
I added to the main MFC dll class sterilization support. In the InitInstance I added the following (and a corresponding code in the ExitInstance). It seems to work fine but I get memory leak on the program shutdown. Can someone advise please? Gilai .... CFile theFile; theFile.Open("Dllpcap.dat", CFile::modeRead); CArchive archive(&theFile, CArchive::load, 4096); Serialize(archive); archive.Close(); theFile.Close(); Do you know what/where the memory leak is happening. There are some things in MFC that just get allocated once and perhaps they just never clea...

Office 2007 forms

office don't remember to Provide feedback with sound
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3346246767_13130669 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Has any body else have this problem? Every time I start an office 2008 application I have to mark the �provide feedback with sound� in the preferences again. Office apps mysteriously uncheck this option on their own. I remember this from 2004 and from X as well. Any one have any clue to why this is happening? Please Cc the answ...

Office installation and Windows 7

Data migration - Adventure Works

Word 2004 and kyocera printer issue
Hi, I am running a fully patched MAC OSX.4 machine with Office 2004 fully patched. I have installed the latest Kyocera OS X English 10.2 drivers from the kyocera website, for KM7530 model. The driver installs a job accounting feature in the printing presets for that particular printer. The function will work fine for every program other than word, word will not allow you the option to enter a pin code. all the features seem to be greyed out. If i reinstall and go immediately to anotherr program such as Eudora or Firefox or even Excel I can enter and lock the pin number in and it will print...

High Memory Usage after IS Maintenance Runs
I have an Exchange 5.5 server whose priv.edb file is about 2GBs. During normal usage the store.exe file is use about 70MBs of RAM. When the IS Maintenance runs at night the RAM usage shoots to 800MBS and does not come down after IS Maintenance is done. I have to restart the Information Store service to restore proper system operation. How do I fix this issue? Why do you think that proper operation is less than 800MB of RAM? By default, Exchange should take all of the system memory available and not 70MB (note that it should give it back when asked). That's normal behavior vs. w...

Are Office XP fonts freeware?
I want to learn about copyright issue of "Office XP standart fonts" or any web address explains. Can i use one, in logo design? serdar wrote: > I want to learn about copyright issue of "Office XP standart fonts" or any > web address explains. Can i use one, in logo design? > > Why is this an Excel question? If you look at the fonts in the Windows fonts directory, usually c:\windows\fonts, you'll see that most of them are copyrighted. I suggest you do a Google or other search for freeware fonts. You should find some items that way. That said, yo...

Bank One Download is not working

Office 2008 "Office Installer" could not be opened
Trying to install Office 2008... When I double click the Office Installer icon....I get the following message: The document �Office Installer� could not be opened. I'm on a MacBook Pro. I've never had problems installing programs before. This is new. Thanks for any help. On 2/26/08 2:03 PM, in article ee8edf5.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Dags@officeformac.com" <Dags@officeformac.com> wrote: > Trying to install Office 2008... > > When I double click the Office Installer icon....I get the following message: > > The document �Office Installer� could ...

Connect to my Skydrive Folders from Word 2007
I have installed the MS Office Live Add-in so that I can open and save documents directly to my Office Live folders from within Word 2007. I would like to do the same with my Skydrive but can't seem to connect to it from within Word 2007. ...

Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel How can I reduce the size of inserted pictures in the document WITHOUT linking them? Seems like I used to be able to do this on my pc in Word2003... My 35 page document with pictures is now 140MB! The best approach is to process the images properly using a graphics app *before* plunking them into any sort of document... If you drop in a 1.8MB image it will increase the document's file size by that amount. More recent version of Win Word do have a Compress Picture tool which Mac Word does not have. ...

Locating a number for a MS office
I have lost the boklet that accompanies my CD. However, I am unable to locate a number to contact someone. Any thoughts. I think if you ever learned how to contact them directly, they'd put a hit out on you. (Seriously, visit the MS website and drill down through the tech support area until you find the numbers you need. Good luck.) -- The problem with resting on your laurels is that eventually you are sitting on dead branches. JoAnn "ziggy" <ziggyzaggy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0a4c01c36747$0fb00a40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have lost the boklet that...