New Word template always prompts to save changes

Word 2003/XP Pro
I am trying to create an alternative Normal.dot. Problem is when I try to
save a document created from AltNormal, I always receive the prompt: "Do you
want to save the changes to AltNormal.dot?".  Typing and saving a few of
characters is sufficient to cause the prompt. If I accept the prompt, the
prompt returns when I next modify the document. All this occurs even if
AltNormal has not been modified from Normal.dot.

I have tried many different ways to resolve this including basing AltNormal
on:
(1) a copy of Normal.dot,
(2) a clean document from Normal.dot,
(3) renaming Normal.dot and working with the new version of Normal.dot that
is created the next time I open Word,
(4) creating a .doc or a .dot by running START RUN winword /a to obtain a
clean copy.

There also don't appear to be any COM Add-Ins.

Throughout the process, this problem hasn't afflicted the opening and saving
of documents using Normal.dot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Peter

KB article 291352 may be helpful.  Its title is
"You are prompted to save the changes to the Normal.dot or Normal.dotm or
Normal.dotm global template every time that you quit Word"

"Peter Stone" wrote:

> Word 2003/XP Pro
> I am trying to create an alternative Normal.dot. Problem is when I try to
> save a document created from AltNormal, I always receive the prompt: "Do you
> want to save the changes to AltNormal.dot?".  Typing and saving a few of
> characters is sufficient to cause the prompt. If I accept the prompt, the
> prompt returns when I next modify the document. All this occurs even if
> AltNormal has not been modified from Normal.dot.
>
> I have tried many different ways to resolve this including basing AltNormal
> on:
> (1) a copy of Normal.dot,
> (2) a clean document from Normal.dot,
> (3) renaming Normal.dot and working with the new version of Normal.dot that
> is created the next time I open Word,
> (4) creating a .doc or a .dot by running START RUN winword /a to obtain a
> clean copy.
>
> There also don't appear to be any COM Add-Ins.
>
> Throughout the process, this problem hasn't afflicted the opening and saving
> of documents using Normal.dot.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter
This is a crazy idea: you cannot have an alternative normal.dot. What
exactly are you actually trying to achieve?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Peter Stone" <PeterStone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Word 2003/XP Pro
> I am trying to create an alternative Normal.dot. Problem is when I try to
> save a document created from AltNormal, I always receive the prompt: "Do
> you
> want to save the changes to AltNormal.dot?".  Typing and saving a few of
> characters is sufficient to cause the prompt. If I accept the prompt, the
> prompt returns when I next modify the document. All this occurs even if
> AltNormal has not been modified from Normal.dot.
>
> I have tried many different ways to resolve this including basing
> AltNormal
> on:
> (1) a copy of Normal.dot,
> (2) a clean document from Normal.dot,
> (3) renaming Normal.dot and working with the new version of Normal.dot
> that
> is created the next time I open Word,
> (4) creating a .doc or a .dot by running START RUN winword /a to obtain a
> clean copy.
>
> There also don't appear to be any COM Add-Ins.
>
> Throughout the process, this problem hasn't afflicted the opening and
> saving
> of documents using Normal.dot.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter

0
Terry
12/21/2009 6:38:41 PM
Thank Alan, I had already been through that article and tried all the
suggestions.
The interesting point is this only affects documents based on the AltNormal
that I create; not the Normal that is created by Word. I've tried every which
way to create one that doesn't do this.

I've run Detect and Repair and uninstalled Google and all other COM Add-Ins
except Microsoft Office Live Add-In; I guess I'll uninstall that next.

"AlanW" wrote:

> KB article 291352 may be helpful.  Its title is
> "You are prompted to save the changes to the Normal.dot or Normal.dotm or
> Normal.dotm global template every time that you quit Word"

Thanks Terry
I want to base some Word documents on an alternative template. If you Select
FILE SAVE AS in Word, the dialogue allows you to save a document as an
alternative Word template (.dot) in the default folder C:\Documents and
Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates where the
Normal.dot template lives.

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

> This is a crazy idea: you cannot have an alternative normal.dot. What
> exactly are you actually trying to achieve?
>
> --
> Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
>
> "Peter Stone" <PeterStone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Word 2003/XP Pro
> > I am trying to create an alternative Normal.dot. Problem is when I try to
> > save a document created from AltNormal, I always receive the prompt: "Do
> > you
> > want to save the changes to AltNormal.dot?".  Typing and saving a few of
> > characters is sufficient to cause the prompt. If I accept the prompt, the
> > prompt returns when I next modify the document. All this occurs even if
> > AltNormal has not been modified from Normal.dot.
> >
> > I have tried many different ways to resolve this including basing
> > AltNormal
> > on:
> > (1) a copy of Normal.dot,
> > (2) a clean document from Normal.dot,
> > (3) renaming Normal.dot and working with the new version of Normal.dot
> > that
> > is created the next time I open Word,
> > (4) creating a .doc or a .dot by running START RUN winword /a to obtain a
> > clean copy.
> >
> > There also don't appear to be any COM Add-Ins.
> >
> > Throughout the process, this problem hasn't afflicted the opening and
> > saving
> > of documents using Normal.dot.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Peter
>
> .

You can create as many document templates as you like, but you can't create
an "alternative Normal." See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

> Thanks Terry
> I want to base some Word documents on an alternative template. If you
> Select
> FILE SAVE AS in Word, the dialogue allows you to save a document as an
> alternative Word template (.dot) in the default folder C:\Documents and
> Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates where the
> Normal.dot template lives.
>
> "Terry Farrell" wrote:
>
>> This is a crazy idea: you cannot have an alternative normal.dot. What
>> exactly are you actually trying to achieve?
>>
>> --
>> Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
>>
>> "Peter Stone" <PeterStone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Word 2003/XP Pro
>> > I am trying to create an alternative Normal.dot. Problem is when I try
>> > save a document created from AltNormal, I always receive the prompt:
>> > "Do
>> > you
>> > want to save the changes to AltNormal.dot?".  Typing and saving a few
>> > of
>> > characters is sufficient to cause the prompt. If I accept the prompt,
>> > the
>> > prompt returns when I next modify the document. All this occurs even if
>> > AltNormal has not been modified from Normal.dot.
>> >
>> > I have tried many different ways to resolve this including basing
>> > AltNormal
>> > on:
>> > (1) a copy of Normal.dot,
>> > (2) a clean document from Normal.dot,
>> > (3) renaming Normal.dot and working with the new version of Normal.dot
>> > that
>> > is created the next time I open Word,
>> > (4) creating a .doc or a .dot by running START RUN winword /a to obtain
>> > clean copy.
>> >
>> > There also don't appear to be any COM Add-Ins.
>> >
>> > Throughout the process, this problem hasn't afflicted the opening and
>> > saving
>> > of documents using Normal.dot.
>> >
>> > Any suggestions?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Peter
>>
>> .

0
Suzanne
12/21/2009 7:59:14 PM
Thanks Suzanne, I had earlier read your helpful article in my hunt for a
solution.

Sorry I should have been saying template.

The core problem is I: (1) create a template, (2) open a document based on
that template, (3) modify that document by typing two words, (4) name, save,
and close the document, (5) reopen the document and delete one word, (6)
close the document, (7) Word prompts me to save changes to the document which
I do, (7) Word then prompts me to save changes to the template.

Deleting a word of text shouldn't be modifying the template.

Eureka. I have been experimenting as I write and I have just found the
solution. I have to skip step (3). If I enter text in my new document, the
next time I modify the document, Word prompts me to save changes to the
template.

I have to name and close the document without entering any text. Then reopen
and enter my text. I've just done this multiple times. Finally.

I haven't tried it yet, but maybe the same result could also be achieved by
SAVE AS before entering any text.

Another interesting point, I have just noticed, is that in Office 2003,
START-ALL PROGRAMS-NEW OFFICE DOCUMENT doesn't bring a user to the
WORD-FILE-NEW dialogue you illustrate in your tutorial . It's almost
identical, but it lacks the "document" and "template" radio buttons.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

> You can create as many document templates as you like, but you can't create
> an "alternative Normal." See
> http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org

I don't know if I have to reopen this question, but Word has reverted back to
prompting me to save changes to the template.

Peter
You not quite got the hang of templates.

Open a new document and then make all the changes you need to it for it to
become your new template. Use SaveAs and assign a sensible name (for the
sake illustration, let's call it test.dot) but make sure that it is being
saved in the USER TEMPLATES folder. This is not and never can be an
Alt-normal.dot, even if you name it as such. There is only ever one
normal.dot and that is created by Word.

To open a new document based on the test.dot, you open Word and then use
File > New, select test.dot and press OPEN. This opens a new document based
on test.dot. You can now continue to create you new document and save it as
anythingyoulike.doc.

However, there is one caveat with this. If you change an underlying styles
in the document, when you close the document Word will prompt you if you
want to save the changes to the template. This is solely to reflect style
changes you made in the document that now conflict with the template styles
rather than the actual contents of your document.

If you want to launch Word to a new document based on test.dot, you have
several options, but the easiest is to create a shortcut on the Desktop. The
default action of Word is to always open a new document based on a template
when you double-click on a template: it doesn't open the template itself.

Terry Farrell

> Thanks Suzanne, I had earlier read your helpful article in my hunt for a
> solution.
>
> Sorry I should have been saying template.
>
> The core problem is I: (1) create a template, (2) open a document based on
> that template, (3) modify that document by typing two words, (4) name,
> save,
> and close the document, (5) reopen the document and delete one word, (6)
> close the document, (7) Word prompts me to save changes to the document
> which
> I do, (7) Word then prompts me to save changes to the template.
>
> Deleting a word of text shouldn't be modifying the template.
>
> Eureka. I have been experimenting as I write and I have just found the
> solution. I have to skip step (3). If I enter text in my new document, the
> next time I modify the document, Word prompts me to save changes to the
> template.
>
> I have to name and close the document without entering any text. Then
> reopen
> and enter my text. I've just done this multiple times. Finally.
>
> I haven't tried it yet, but maybe the same result could also be achieved
> by
> SAVE AS before entering any text.
>
> Another interesting point, I have just noticed, is that in Office 2003,
> START-ALL PROGRAMS-NEW OFFICE DOCUMENT doesn't bring a user to the
> WORD-FILE-NEW dialogue you illustrate in your tutorial . It's almost
> identical, but it lacks the "document" and "template" radio buttons.
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
>
>> You can create as many document templates as you like, but you can't
>> create
>> an "alternative Normal." See
>> http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org

0
Terry
12/22/2009 9:26:42 AM
> However, there is one caveat with this. If you change an underlying styles
> in the document, when you close the document Word will prompt you if you
> want to save the changes to the template. This is solely to reflect style
> changes you made in the document that now conflict with the template
> styles rather than the actual contents of your document.

This should not be true unless you have checked "Add to template" in the
Modify Style dialog.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Terry Farrell" <terryfarrell@msn.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> the
>> next time I modify the document, Word prompts me to save changes to the
>> template.
>>
>> I have to name and close the document without entering any text. Then
>> reopen
>> and enter my text. I've just done this multiple times. Finally.
>>
>> I haven't tried it yet, but maybe the same result could also be achieved
>> by
>> SAVE AS before entering any text.
>>
>> Another interesting point, I have just noticed, is that in Office 2003,
>> START-ALL PROGRAMS-NEW OFFICE DOCUMENT doesn't bring a user to the
>> WORD-FILE-NEW dialogue you illustrate in your tutorial . It's almost
>> identical, but it lacks the "document" and "template" radio buttons.
>>
>> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
>>
>>> You can create as many document templates as you like, but you can't

0
Suzanne
12/22/2009 2:13:27 PM
This is not normal behavior. I would suggest that you may be confusing Word
by using "Normal" in the name of your template, though that shouldn't be a
factor. Try naming your template "Default" or "Standard" or something else
and see if you still have the problem. There are numerous articles about the
problem of being constantly prompted to save the Normal template (even when
you've made no changes), but I'm not aware of a known problem with document
templates.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

>I don't know if I have to reopen this question, but Word has reverted back
> prompting me to save changes to the template.
>
> Peter

0
Suzanne
12/22/2009 2:16:04 PM
I think they change the behaviour in W2007: in W2003 it definitely prompts
to update styles in the template. It was one of the reasons that I had to
write protect the templates in the Workgroup folder on the server.

Terry

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> [...]
>>> solution. I have to skip step (3). If I enter text in my new document,
>>> the
>>> next time I modify the document, Word prompts me to save changes to the
>>> template.
>>>
>>> I have to name and close the document without entering any text. Then
>>> reopen
>>> and enter my text. I've just done this multiple times. Finally.
>>>
>>> I haven't tried it yet, but maybe the same result could also be achieved
>>> by
>>> SAVE AS before entering any text.
>>>
>>> Another interesting point, I have just noticed, is that in Office 2003,
>>> START-ALL PROGRAMS-NEW OFFICE DOCUMENT doesn't bring a user to the
>>> WORD-FILE-NEW dialogue you illustrate in your tutorial . It's almost
>>> identical, but it lacks the "document" and "template" radio buttons.

0
Terry
12/22/2009 4:10:25 PM
I've not seen that here; admittedly I haven't used Word 2007 much, though.

--

>I think they change the behaviour in W2007: in W2003 it definitely prompts
>to update styles in the template. It was one of the reasons that I had to
>write protect the templates in the Workgroup folder on the server.
>
> Terry
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> However, there is one caveat with this. If you change an underlying
>>> styles in the document, when you close the document Word will prompt you
>>> if you want to save the changes to the template. This is solely to
>>> reflect style changes you made in the document that now conflict with
>>> the template styles rather than the actual contents of your document.
>>
>> This should not be true unless you have checked "Add to template" in the
>> Modify Style dialog.
>>
>> --
>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>> Words into Type
>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>> http://word.mvps.org
>>
>> "Terry Farrell" <terryfarrell@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> You not quite got the hang of templates.
>>>
>>> Open a new document and then make all the changes you need to it for it
>>> to become your new template. Use SaveAs and assign a sensible name (for
>>> the sake illustration, let's call it test.dot) but make sure that it is
>>> being saved in the USER TEMPLATES folder. This is not and never can be
>>> an Alt-normal.dot, even if you name it as such. There is only ever one
>>> normal.dot and that is created by Word.
>>>
>>> To open a new document based on the test.dot, you open Word and then use
>>> File > New, select test.dot and press OPEN. This opens a new document
>>> based on test.dot. You can now continue to create you new document and
>>> save it as anythingyoulike.doc.
>>>
>>> However, there is one caveat with this. If you change an underlying
>>> styles in the document, when you close the document Word will prompt you
>>> if you want to save the changes to the template. This is solely to
>>> reflect style changes you made in the document that now conflict with
>>> the template styles rather than the actual contents of your document.
>>>
>>> If you want to launch Word to a new document based on test.dot, you have
>>> several options, but the easiest is to create a shortcut on the Desktop.
>>> The default action of Word is to always open a new document based on a
>>> template when you double-click on a template: it doesn't open the
>>> template itself.
>>>
>>> Terry Farrell
>>>
>>> "Peter Stone" <PeterStone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Suzanne
12/22/2009 5:10:15 PM
I haven't seen it either, and I *am* using Word 2007.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

> I've not seen that here; admittedly I haven't used Word 2007 much, though.
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> http://word.mvps.org
>
> "Terry Farrell" <terryfarrell@msn.com> wrote in message
>>I think they change the behaviour in W2007: in W2003 it definitely prompts
>>to update styles in the template. It was one of the reasons that I had to
>>write protect the templates in the Workgroup folder on the server.
>>
>> Terry
>>
>> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>>
>>> This should not be true unless you have checked "Add to template" in the
>>> Modify Style dialog.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Suzanne S. Barnhill
>>> Microsoft MVP (Word)
>>> Words into Type
>>> Fairhope, Alabama USA
>>> http://word.mvps.org
>>>
>>> "Terry Farrell" <terryfarrell@msn.com> wrote in message

0
Stefan
12/22/2009 6:14:36 PM
Good afternoon
I think I have the solution. The problem appears to be Microsoft Office Live
Add-in 1.4. I have uninstalled it and everything now seems OK. Furthermore
the problem appears only to affect documents created from a new template, not
documents created from Normal.dot. I will report this as a possible bug.
Remember I'm using Word 2003.

Thank you all for your help. I followed your kind instructions and I am now
semi-expert on templates, having created 30+ in two days trying to solve this.

Once again, thanks for your help and Merry Christmas

Peter

referencing to worksheet names in macro for each new worksheet inserted
Hi I created a code to insert new worksheets and rename them according t values on the new worksheet itself. Say in Cell D1, i have th worksheet name. My question is when i want to refer to this worksheet in subsequen coding, how should i code it? For eg, How should i write the ???? for Sheets("????").select? Would creatin the a variable to store the names help? Thanks in advance Ken -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com After inserting your new worksheet set it's name equal to a variable. For example SHEETS.ADD VWORKSHEET = ACTIVESHEET.NAME This method ...

Does VC++ 6.0 support templates well?
I am trying to get started on C++ templates. I know I am behind the times, but I am trying to compile "Budget6" from the book (and disk) "C++ for Dummies". The compiler (VC++ 6.0 on Win98) gives me 102 errors. First error: c:\_\chap26\sll.h(12) : error C2059: syntax error : '<' is on line indicated: TIA, Harvey ------------------------------------------------------------- // (comment lines snipped) template <class T> // Note 2 class SLLNode { friend class SLL<T>; //<------------------ error protected: ...

word count
my word count says 1 no matter how many words I type Please help Gary Does this happen with a particular document, only, or with any document that you open in Word? -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "raider23" wrote: > my word count says 1 no matter how many words I type > Please help > Gary ...

Default Word 2007 to "No Spacing"?
Is there a setting to make Word 2007 default to use "No Spacing" under the Styles of the Home Tab? It's very annoying that it defaults to normal. I never use it!!! It's especially when doing a Mail Merge and I have to put Name, Name2, Contact, Address, Address2, etc.. all on one tiny label. Can't do that with the spacing it does by normal. Each time I have to change it to no spacing. Apply the Word 2003 style set. (Change Styles on the Home Tab) -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< ...

How to Change Value of Active Control
I'm writing a routine to change the value of any Active Control to null. I can get the name of the control using ActiveControl.Name but I can't figure out the syntax to change the value of this control. I've tried assigning it to variables but variables aren't working in a: Forms![variable]![variable] = "" Help "Sondreli" <Sondreli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA05A840-2AFE-4F98-ABE9-5D2DD17AE0B8@microsoft.com... > I'm writing a routine to change the value of any Active Control to null. > I > can g...

Pivot Tables & changing data
Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am going to ask is possible and not too complicated for me.... :o) I am working with Excel 2003. I have a pivot table already set up and the information is pulling data from a row titled "sum of Subscriber". I added new data in a new column from the main spreadsheet and I would like to pull the data from there. Its titled "Adj Subscriber". Is it possible to switch it? If so, how? Thanks, Anna Marie Anna wrote: > Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am &...

How Do I Copy My Outlook Files To My New Computer?
I exported my Outlook files from my old computer and burned them to a CD. During the export process, it asked me three times for a password. When I tried to import these files to my new computer I got "File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file." Can anyone help? Apart from the fact that Import/Export options often lead to corruption - you should use a simple pst copy - The pst needs to be on the hd and the read only flag off, before In OL attempting to open it. NB not import <aprice6@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1145746658.84...

How to change default printing parameters on Excel & ......
How to change the default printing parameters on Excel & keep them changed for future workbooks. Example: Normally I use Printing margins 0.25 on all directions, but default printing margins are 0.75. I want to change them to set 0.25 as DEFAULT. If you start a new workbook and change the page layout (for all the sheets), you can save it into your XLStart folder as Book.xlt. Excel will use that as the basis for new workbooks. You can change a lot of settings that way--including orientation, headers/footers.... Amjad wrote: > > How to change the default printing parameters ...

View in new Portfolio Manager
Older portfolio manager had a view available which displayed by type of security. I am unable to find this option in the new portfolio manager. Am I missing something? Charlie On May 22, 9:57=A0pm, charlie <char...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Older portfolio manager had a view available which displayed by type of > security. =A0I am unable to find this option in the new portfolio manager= .. =A0Am > I missing something? > Charlie You didn't state which version of Money you are using but I'll attempt to answer. If you are using Money Plus, you can choos...

Automatically redirecting profiles to a new exchange server?
OK old exchange server was SERVEROLD and new one is SERVERNEW (for arguments sake). The pc has lots of different profiles on it and I dont wanna manually change each profile to reflect the new server. Running Outlook 2002 is there a way to automatically do this? I believe I can use a prf file created using Custom Wizards from the Office Resource Kit and deploy this to do this for me. Can anyone give any more detailed info on how this can be done? Thanks <carlosvenegas@jellybeandesign.co.uk> wrote in message news:1132785375.328184.274520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > OK ol...

Change color of multiple autoshapes
I need to change the color of several autoshape based on different cells I know how to change one autoshape using a worksheet_change event but i can't just copy and paste this and change the object name + cell name. is it possible to have multiple worksheet_change events in the same worksheet?? T-bone, You have only one worksheet_change event, but in it you can test to see which cell was changed with something like If not Intersect(Target, Range("A1") is nothing then ' do range A1 stuff here end if If not Intersect(Target, Range("A2") is nothing then &#...

Automatically generate a new record
Can I autumatically generate a new record adding information (future date) from a current record? Yes. In your form have Double-click event call an append query that pull data from your form fields to append one record. INSERT INTO [YourTableToAppendInto] ( Field1, Field2, Field3, Field4 ) SELECT TOP 1 [Forms]![YourForm]![1stField] AS [X], [Forms]![YourForm]![2ndtField] AS [Y], [Forms]![YourForm]![2rdtField] AS [Z], [Forms]![YourForm]![4thtField] AS [A]; -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Crown Jenny" wrote: > Can I autumatically generate a new record addin...

Recovery after "do not save changes" selected accidently
I mistakenly clicked on "do not save changes" for a worksheet (file) that i'd been working on (I thought a different file was highlighted). As it turns out I had not saved the original file in over a day, though the autosave is set up. is there any way to get my file back, or at least an intermediate version, instead of one with a day's less of work??? help!!!!!! Thanks very much for your help! Sorry to say, but your day's work is gone. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Mayukh" <msukhatme@hotmail.com> wrote in...

Scrpit when trying to change CRM option in Outlook client
Hi there, I get the attached script error when i try to change the MSCRM Option in MSCRM Outlook client and it does not accept my changes. An error has occoured in the script on this page. Line:381 Char:1 Error: Type Mismatch code:0 URL:http://localhost2525/tools/personalsettings/dialogs/personalsettings.aspx?clientid= etc etc Please let me know if any one knows how to fix this issue, thanks. Kyaw ...

Update Existing Purchase Orders with New Exchange Rate
Hello, I have existing Purchase Orders in Great Plains 8.0 were some of the line items have been received is there a way to change the exchange rate for the remaining line items and any new line items added? Thanks, Brian M. Database Administrator ...

Custom invoice templates... where are they stored?
I want to be able to use them on my laptop when I'm travelling, but I can't find them on my desktop. And the help is useless here. Also, is there a way to tell Money to NOT use double spacing (vertical) in invoices? It is a huge waste of space. Thanks, Rich -- *************************************************************** Regards, Richard M. Coda PC Type Graphic Design Hi Richard, Advice for moving the custom invoice data from one machine to another was recently posted on the Yahoo!Groups email group dedicated to MS Money Small Biz. You can view the group here: http://fina...

FRx
Dear, I encountered problem of changing default base period. The version of FRx software is 6.5.28 and it is running under Windows 2K Professional. The situation was: After opened the Catalog of Report Window, there was a pop-up message box which said 'Changed the default base period to C'. I did not know why this could happen. - Would you please tell me under what circumstances this pop-up message box would display?? In order to continue to use this software, I only could click 'OK' from the message box. The report date is then changed to 'Default Base Period' - (Ja...

Where can I get a template that will calculate profloss after buy.
I need a template that will calculate all the possible variables in a share trade. The rate on buying, every day entry (7 days),Profit/loss on holding, prof/loss on sale etc. ...

Changing a username/address
Hello, I work with someone who just changed her name, and I'm trying to figure out how to change it on the Exchange (2000) server. I changed the username in Active Directory (also 2000), but messages from the user still have the old name in the Sender field. Also, when I point to the mailbox for saving messages, it has the new name (Mailbox - New Name) until restarting Outlook, and then it has the old name. Do I have to Exmerge out the mail, delete the account, re-create the account, change the name of the .pst file and import the mail? Thanks in advance! Jeff Follow these steps: =...

Open web page from Word 2007
I have the following code to open a web page: Dim IE Set IE = CreateObject("internetexplorer.application") mySTR = "http://MyWebPage" IE.Navigate mySTR The code works if I run it from vba - it opens the page on top of Word. But if I assign it to a QAT or Ribbon button, it opens the page but leaves it minimized. How can I get it to open on top of Word? ...

How to get rid of a "line" in Word
If I type a number of dashes in Word and press Return it automatically gets changed into a continuous line. How do I later remove such a line? Sometimes if I delete the text line above it then the line also goes but often I just can't get rid of it. I have to resort to creating a new document and then copy/paste the god bits over and then delete the old document. Thanks. -- Les Desser (The Reply-to address IS valid) In news:lzqSlgmVscxLFAoG@dessergr0up.invalid, Les Desser <NewsDump1@dessergroup.com> typed: > If I type a number of dashes in Word and press ...

replacing a credit card account with a new account with same institution
My credit card was just replaced causing some credits and debits on the old account and transferred to a new account. Do I need to merge these accounts? When I update the accounts I only get a balance on th enew account and no transactions. Any advice would be appreciated. In microsoft.public.money, jeff.messett@gmail.com wrote: >My credit card was just replaced causing some credits and debits on >the old account and transferred to a new account. Do I need to merge >these accounts? When I update the accounts I only get a balance on th >enew account and no transactions. Any advice...