MS Word Printing Blanks

I've got a computer with 2 printers installed. One printer is a local printer
and the other printer is a network printer.

When I print a document on the local printer, everything works fine
(Everything that is in the document is shown). But when I print to the
network printer, the printer prints blanks and I cannot see anything
including whatever I have typed in print preview.

I have printed documents with network printer on a different computer and
that works fine.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the network printer and Microsoft Office.

Do you know why this would be happening?

Help appreciated

Meng

------=_NextPart_000_008A_01CB00A7.12781870

Answered in Microsoft Answers.

--=20
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
  "Meng" <Meng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  I've got a computer with 2 printers installed. One printer is a local =
printer=20
  and the other printer is a network printer.

  When I print a document on the local printer, everything works fine=20
  (Everything that is in the document is shown). But when I print to the =

  network printer, the printer prints blanks and I cannot see anything=20
  including whatever I have typed in print preview.

  I have printed documents with network printer on a different computer =
and=20
  that works fine.

  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the network printer and Microsoft =
Office.

  Do you know why this would be happening?

  Help appreciated

  Meng

------=_NextPart_000_008A_01CB00A7.12781870

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16535"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI">Answered in Microsoft=20
Answers.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI"><BR>-- <BR>Terry Farrell - =
MSWord=20
MVP</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000080 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
  <DIV>"Meng" &lt;<A=20
  title=3D"mailto:Meng@discussions.microsoft.com&#10;CTRL + Click to =
follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Meng@discussions.microsoft.com">Meng@discussions.microsoft=
..com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
title=3D"news:00681A17-AD97-410C-A372-C1A3D8DBB803@microsoft.com&#10;CTRL=
 + Click to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:00681A17-AD97-410C-A372-C1A3D8DBB803@microsoft.com">news:006=
81A17-AD97-410C-A372-C1A3D8DBB803@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>I've=20
  got a computer with 2 printers installed. One printer is a local =
printer=20
  <BR>and the other printer is a network printer.<BR><BR>When I print a =
document=20
  on the local printer, everything works fine <BR>(Everything that is in =
the=20
  document is shown). But when I print to the <BR>network printer, the =
printer=20
  prints blanks and I cannot see anything <BR>including whatever I have =
typed in=20
  print preview.<BR><BR>I have printed documents with network printer on =
a=20
  different computer and <BR>that works fine.<BR><BR>I have uninstalled =
and=20
  reinstalled the network printer and Microsoft Office.<BR><BR>Do you =
know why=20
  this would be happening?<BR><BR>Help=20
appreciated<BR><BR>Meng<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_008A_01CB00A7.12781870--

0
Terry

Printing Excel Charts
All the elements of my charts are showing up on my screen but are not printing on a couple of my charts. What am I not doing? I am having the same problem. Print preview shows the chart but it only prints the header and footer. I have to copy it into its own worksheet to print. Hopefully the pros will help us. I am using 2007. Are you? "dennisheinold" wrote: > All the elements of my charts are showing up on my screen but are not > printing on a couple of my charts. What am I not doing? I have been having the same problem with Excel 2007. I even bought a new printer as...

MS vs Ultrasoft
Since Microsoft has added a link to Ultrasoft Money, are they now going to bring the quality and functionality of MS pocket Money up to that of Ultrasoft Money? I've used it for years and recently switched to a pocket PC because I wasn't happy with Palm, but Money for the Pocket PC is really bad compared to Ultrasoft Money and I was using Money 99 and the first version of Ultrasoft Money. Please tell me thats what is taking so long for 2006 to come out. I'd be surprised if there's any new functionality in the 2006 client. -- Michael Gordon MVP "Drummond&quo...

PUB2000: text not printing
I have text serving as a background in my document, on top of which I've placed an image. I've got it set for "Wrap Text to Picture." On my screen, the background text is running under the image just fine, but when I print it (on my Samsung ML-1710) the text is not there. Any suggestions on what I can do? Sincerely, Matt Almos View, uncheck "ignore background" (master page). -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm news://msnews.microsoft.com "Matt Almos" <anonymous@discussions....

Words disappearing using word as editor
This happened when using Office 2000, and now in Office 2003. When using Word as my email editor I can type a paragraph, minimize it to check something else, and when I maximize the message again most of the words are gone leaving a blank but selectable space. They're still there, but invisible. Stange, but I'm not sure if this is a diaplay problem or what. Using the default Outlook editor cures the problem but I lose the tools in Word. Does anyone have any bug spray for this one? My system : PIII 800 Windows 2K Pro Nvidia TNT2 Riva 64 1 GB Ram always on DSL TIA ...

Printing Messages from WLM
How can I make portrait the default when printing messages from live mail? -- DPK I would expect that WLM picks up the default setting from the Windows Printer settings. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "DPK" <DPK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38C7A6AF-3F19-49FF-8A08-BE86A4889A91@microsoft.com... > How can I make portrait the default when printing messages from live > mail? > -- > DPK It may be picking up the defaults in IE also. "DPK" <DPK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

group sections in a report to print or generate subreport
Hello all, Is it possible to generate a report (or a subreport) that will allow a separate report for each server (for grouping and printing purposes) if I have many server names (with DB, Apps, etc.) in one huge report. Maybe using a button on the large, main report (with all server names) to print the server name on the current page along with the server's information? Or instead of printing maybe there could be another button that could generate a subreport of that current page's server and it's information? My question is: After generating a report, how does one go about gr...

Help
I am trying to print names on both sides of Avery 5309 Name Tent. I can do that. But, how do I rotate or turn the name so it is not up-sdie down on one side. Anyone help? If you have setup your page as a tent card, you shouldn't be having any problem. If you are not using the tent card setup, manually rotate the name. Are you using mail merge? If you are then you need to use the tent card option. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Larry G" <LarryG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8...

how can I read Word document by MFC?
How can I read Word document by MFC Can this infomation be found in MSDN Thank Troy INFO: Using Visual C++ to Automate Office http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;238972 Office Automation Using Visual C++ http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;196776 -- Rodrigo Corral Gonz´┐Żlez [MVP] microsoft.public.es.vc FAQ http://vcfaq.europe.webmatrixhosting.net ...

Control printing according to list box options
I have two list box's that control the report that is going to print. Text20 is the list box that displays the shed number, and the drop down list varies depending on what sheds are in the table. if a shed number is added or deleted, it is also added or deleted in the list drop down box.The row source is: SELECT DISTINCT [98MatingRecords].[SHED #] FROM 98MatingRecords ORDER BY [98MatingRecords].[SHED #]; The second is Text22, this list box has the sections in it and the sections are controled by the shed number, some sheds have 1 section some have 6 and some have 3 or 4, so the dro...

Word template for Outlook
I use Outlook 2000, and choose to edit in Word 2000 (via Tools/Options/Mail format). But the format that comes up isn't my normal.dot from Word, and I want to change it. I can't trace the Word template used by Outlook: suggestions gratefully received. No response here, but I have now got an answer from Terry Farrell, MSWord MVP, via microsoft.public.word.newusers - many thanks Terry. Bagwash "Bagwash" <bagwash@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:aX%7m.11153$561.4966@newsfe28.ams2... >I use Outlook 2000, and choose to edit in Word 2000 (via Tools/Options/...

Word count and language settings
Is there any way you can change the language setting for a whole document e.g. many text boxes at the same time. Also, is there any way to count words in all text boxes in Publisher at the same time. I know you can edit to Word, but this is box by box, so takes for ever. Copy the text, paste into Word, do the count. As for the language, I'm not too acquainted with the language tools, but it would be seem logical the only way you could change the whole document at once would be if all the text boxes were linked. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvp...

MS CRM reindex interval
Does anybody knows how to change the frequency of reindexing the CRM 3.0 SQL server database? I remember that this can be set in the server system registry. I just don't remember the registry key. Please advise. ...

Tracking, Monitoring and Controlling Versions in MS CRM (customisa
Hello, My situation is that I am in the process of implementing MS CRM at a couple of sites, and am keen to ensure we have some rules, regulations and tracking of all and any customisation changes going forward. Does anyone have any example process flows, version control documents or suggestions on a good starting point or framework to use? Many thanks, Matt ...

Printing Multiple copies
Hello, How can I instruct the printer to cache my pages and print multiple copies of them, rather than send the same information over and over to print multiple copies? I am forgoing the MFC Printing Architecture due to some specific printing issues. and using the following: Logic in my OnPrint: for(i = 0; i < dlg.GetCopies(); i++) { DrawStuff(&dcPrinter); //DrawStuff() does some logic than calls OnDraw() } When I print ONE page of my graphics to the printer, my app sends out 5MBs of info. When I print TWO pages, it sends out 10MBs of info. (Double) I need to sen...

Office word 2007 cannot open a document on the Desktop
Dear Sir/Madam Hello there, any one can give a help in the last few weeks I saw a error within Office Word 2007, which it can't open a document on the desktop and following message comes up (There was a problem sending the command to the program.). I applied the file extention from Control Panel and it still exists, sometimes I had had to click on the document right click and open it through the choice (Open). Many thanks indeed. Sincerely, Elsharif Run Office Setup from the Control Panel and choose the REPAIR option. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Elsh...

Wrap Text and Blank Lines
I have a VBA script in Excel that fills data from one spreadsheet to another. In the output file some of the cells are having the formatting .WrapText = True. Now I have the strange situation that some cells display half a line or an entire line of white spaces at the end, even though in the text no blank or special characters are present. I'd like to get rid of the white space or at least understand why this is happening. I have looked at the size of the cells, the number of characters but I have not yet found the trigger for the phenomenon. I have been searching quite some time now and...

Microsoft MS Works Suite 2003 Word XP Encarta Money Streets & Trips
Microsoft Works Suite 2003 Brand New, Factory Sealed, Never Registered DVD-ROM, NOT CD-ROM! Complete installation package, NOT an upgrade. Includes certificate of authenticity and valid product key. **SIX** complete Microsoft programs. Retailed for $109.95..... BUT Bidding starts at ONE PENNY, NO RESERVE, for this item on my ebay auction, which can be viewed at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3653092652 Word 2002 - The same word processor featured in Microsoft Office XP. Works 7.0 - Spreadsheets, a calendar, an address book, a database, and more. Open and edit doc...

Launching Word 2000 gets MSO9.DLL missing
I have Office 2000 installed on Win XP Pro and all worked fine for a few weeks. Now I cannot launch Word/Excell/Powerpoint as I get an error of 'MSO9.DLL is missing'. Interestingly though if I double-click on a Word or Excel file it does successfully launch the Office application. I've tried putting in the Office 2k cd and choosing to repair my Office installation. This did not fix it. I also tried the option of re-installing the same software and again this didn't work. The only think I didn't try yet is uninstalling Office 2K via add/remove programs. Any ideas? Thanks...

Synchronisation MS Money 2006 Mobile Device
I installed MS Money 2006 Trial on my PC and MS Money 2006 Mobile on my PDA. I have problems when I synchronise MS Money. MS Money synchronise only 2 of 6 Account Favorits. Who can help me? ...

Repost
Hi, Will there be any MS Money 2005 Canadian Edition with business features? I am looking to upgrade my MS Money 2000 Deluxe Canadian Edition with a new version. What are my options? Thanks Doubt it. I quit using Money last year as their Canadian support dwindled despite the fact I liked Interface and reporting much better. "Alex" <alim@rogers.com> wrote in message news:OTyXN%23$xEHA.3584@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Will there be any MS Money 2005 Canadian Edition with business features? I > am looking to upgrade my MS Money 2000 Deluxe Canadian Editi...

Printing Notes - Needs to be LARGER
Hello, I have a presentation that has notes under some of my slides. I am trying to print 4 slides per page. I can print them successfully but they are way too small. I need help to make both the slides and notes LARGER. Thank you for your time, Brendan I am using Powerpoint:mac Hi Brendan; Both are controlled by the Notes Master from the View Menu. Edit the master to suit yourself... The slide can be stretched like any other graphic object & you can reformat/resize the notes area as well. Just keep in mind that at 4 slides/page each can only be so big unless you're printing on so...

How do I hide the list of recent word documents?
When I write word documets, anyone can see what I wrote by looking at my list of recent documents; can that list be hide or protected? Setup Windows profiles for the users of your PC and don't let anyone else have access to your profile. If this is a company machine then while you may have sufficient access to hide the the recent files list, you are unlikely to have sufficient access to remove the footprint of your activity from the registry and the filing system completely. You have two practical possibilities 1. Don't write stuff on a publically accessible PC that you...

Question about MS newsgroups posting
Hi, Is posting to the MS newsgroups the same as posting to the MSDN and TechNet forums? Or are they completely separate? I don't want to cross-post duplicate messages. Thanks. Alan -- _____________________________ Alan Z. Scharf Grapevine Systems New York City MS newsgroups and MSDN forums are different. -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com ...

Adding borders in a word document
Why when I add a border to a word document does the bottom sections get cut off? They may be ending up in the nonprintable area of the page (for the printer driver you are using). In the Borders and Shading dialog box, click the Page Border tab. Click the Options button to change the placement of lines. Change the measurements as required. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "michaeljo" <michaeljo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0975419F-0395-4081-A2E1-E2EA3ADD3F28@microsoft.com... > Why when I add a border to a word document does th...

Print message on screen using VB
Hi, I'd like to print a message, like 'Data Error" on screen using VB when the user enter the wrong data, e.g: If wrongdata then Print "Data Error" end if Is anybody can tell me how to write in VB? I tried to use 'Print' statement, but it doesn't work. Thank you in advance. KFT -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200709/1 Thank you Klatuu, it works. And how can I move the cursor move back the same field?. Because after the error message comes up the cursor move to the next fie...