MS Word Printing Blanks

I've got a computer with 2 printers installed. One printer is a local printer
and the other printer is a network printer.

When I print a document on the local printer, everything works fine
(Everything that is in the document is shown). But when I print to the
network printer, the printer prints blanks and I cannot see anything
including whatever I have typed in print preview.

I have printed documents with network printer on a different computer and
that works fine.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the network printer and Microsoft Office.

Do you know why this would be happening?

Help appreciated

Meng

------=_NextPart_000_008A_01CB00A7.12781870

Answered in Microsoft Answers.

--=20
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP
  "Meng" <Meng@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  I've got a computer with 2 printers installed. One printer is a local =
printer=20
  and the other printer is a network printer.

  When I print a document on the local printer, everything works fine=20
  (Everything that is in the document is shown). But when I print to the =

  network printer, the printer prints blanks and I cannot see anything=20
  including whatever I have typed in print preview.

  I have printed documents with network printer on a different computer =
and=20
  that works fine.

  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the network printer and Microsoft =
Office.

  Do you know why this would be happening?

  Help appreciated

  Meng

------=_NextPart_000_008A_01CB00A7.12781870

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16535"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI">Answered in Microsoft=20
Answers.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3D"Segoe UI"><BR>-- <BR>Terry Farrell - =
MSWord=20
MVP</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #000080 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
  <DIV>"Meng" &lt;<A=20
  title=3D"mailto:Meng@discussions.microsoft.com&#10;CTRL + Click to =
follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Meng@discussions.microsoft.com">Meng@discussions.microsoft=
..com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
title=3D"news:00681A17-AD97-410C-A372-C1A3D8DBB803@microsoft.com&#10;CTRL=
 + Click to follow link"=20
  =
href=3D"news:00681A17-AD97-410C-A372-C1A3D8DBB803@microsoft.com">news:006=
81A17-AD97-410C-A372-C1A3D8DBB803@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>I've=20
  got a computer with 2 printers installed. One printer is a local =
printer=20
  <BR>and the other printer is a network printer.<BR><BR>When I print a =
document=20
  on the local printer, everything works fine <BR>(Everything that is in =
the=20
  document is shown). But when I print to the <BR>network printer, the =
printer=20
  prints blanks and I cannot see anything <BR>including whatever I have =
typed in=20
  print preview.<BR><BR>I have printed documents with network printer on =
a=20
  different computer and <BR>that works fine.<BR><BR>I have uninstalled =
and=20
  reinstalled the network printer and Microsoft Office.<BR><BR>Do you =
know why=20
  this would be happening?<BR><BR>Help=20
appreciated<BR><BR>Meng<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_008A_01CB00A7.12781870--

0
Terry

Error printing report: "specified path for the output file does
Hi - I'm trying to print a Payable Distribution History report but get the error "specified path for the output file does not exist". It does not happen with other reports. Any help to fix this error would greatly appreciated. thanks Oumar hi Oumar, go check the Report Destination screen and make sure that there is no path listed in the field where you can enter one. It would be in the File checkbox. If it is grayed out, mark the File option, delete the path and then unmark the File box. Should you want to save it to a file, then select a valid path. Hop...

Workaround for Opening Word 6 Files (other than File>Open)?
Hi all, I know in Word 2008 I can open my Word 6 files using File>Open. This works fine but annoys the heck out of me. MS has made a "security" choice here that is about *their* security from possible lawsuits, not *my* security from possible phishers. Sheesh, I am trying to look at my dissertation; no one has embedded dangerous code in it! So, my question is: Is there a workaround for this? Ideally there'd be a preference to turn off this "feature," but I'm sure there isn't one. Alternately, perhaps a way to batch change the document type on o...

text dropped when printing
Sometimes when using several lines of text in a cell with "wrap text" the last line is dropped when printed, it shows on the monitor but does not print. Any idea why this is happening? Thanks. Are you using a true-type font? "Carol" <cstan@att.net> wrote in message news:058101c371b5$bab74ca0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Sometimes when using several lines of text in a cell > with "wrap text" the last line is dropped when printed, > it shows on the monitor but does not print. Any idea why > this is happening? Thanks. ...

Microsoft Word crop function
When using the Picture toolbar and the crop function in Word (Word 2002 SP3), what is the most practical way to decrease the coarseness of the cropping of an image? Previously, I was using the freeware 20/20 image editing program to rubberband an image with the mouse and could easily paste it into a Word or PowerPoint file using Windows XP Professional 32-bit at my workplace. We've gone to XP 64-bit and the 20/20 image editing program doesn't work. Does someone know of a licensed image editor that is compatible with XP 64-bit if no other method is practical through cro...

No account number shown in printed checks
Using Money 2007 Deluxe. Printed a series of checks from MS Mmoney this morning, but the account numbers didn't print on the checks. Each of the payees has an account number entered in the appropriate place, in the "Go to Payees" detail listing. Can't figure out what's going on here! Thanks for any assistance. Dave On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 08:37:03 -0700, Dave M. <DaveM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Using Money 2007 Deluxe. > >Printed a series of checks from MS Mmoney this morning, but the account >numbers didn't print on the checks. Each of...

Can't seem to turn off hanging indent on a numbered style in Word
In Word 2007, I can't seem to remove the hanging indent on a numbered style. I can change it in the paragraph settings of the text, but every time the style or the numbering is reapplied (such as selecting Restart numbering), the hanging indents return. When I look at the text in the modify style dialog, I can see: ....Numbering Style: A, B, C, … + Start at: 1 + Alignment: Left + Aligned at: 0" + Indent at: 0.25... I want it to change as follows, but there is no access to the configuration from the any of the available dialogs. ....Numbering Style: A, B, C, … + St...

Blank Form 04-25-07
Hello. I have a form with a combo box in it which has a list of part numbers. When the user enters a part number from the list and hits the "Execute" button it takes them to another form which has detailed info about that particular part number. HOWEVER, if the user enters a bogus part number, it takes them to a completely blank form. I would like to know how to make it so that instead of going to the form it simply says "Part Number Does Not Exist." Any help on this is greatly appreciated. Thanks :) You can set the LimitToList Property of the combo to Yes, tha...

MS Publisher
My brother sent me a paper that was written using ms publisher, but when I open it all I can display is the front page. Do I have to use the side bar to view each page? What version of Publisher do you have. You should see a small representation of pages at the bottom (right-ish) portion of the screen, clicking on the page numbers will display that page. CTRL-Pg Up/Down will also changes pages. -- James Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen." Homer: "Well good riddance, their drawings sucked and they all looked like hippies!" "...

place a comma after every word
I have a list : car bar top list bin funny time this I need to have a comma after each word-- car, bar, top, list, bin, funny, time, this, Thanks You could try this: =CONCATENATE(A1)(", ")(A2)(", "), etc. Then copy column and Paste Values. -- moe10134 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ moe10134's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=544460 for each c in selection c.value=c & "," next c to put to...

Using Outlook 2002/Word 2002 - Mail Merge
Hi....we need to regularly send non-spam emails to 1000 ormore customers. We use Outlook 2002 and Word 2002. I understand that I can use mail merge with HTML format. I tested a pretty message using both HTML Format and Rich Text Format. HTML Format - after testing message with bold text, color text and underlined text the message is received lacking these pretty features and we see plain text only Rich Text Format - HTML Format - after testing message with bold text, color text and underlined text (to make it pretty), the message is received lacking these pretty features and we see plain tex...

WTF is wrong with MS Money 2007 Updates?
For the past few days the updating of pportfolio prices has been intermittent. This morning, an hour after the market has opened, the prices have still not updated. Anybody else having this problem? Anyone have a clue @ what the problem is? I usually find the program helpful, but sometimes it can be a real PITA. Tx, FD 90% of my portfolio update requests also fail - the online update arrows just spin endlessly. Like you, this has been happening for several days. Updates used to be pretty much rock-solid - no more. Using MS Money Plus Deluxe. Dave "FumDuk" wrote: > ...

Local OLAP cubes in Excel/MS Query
Hi Can someone please recommend some good book or web page about creating local OLAP cubes using MS Query. I have some data in Access that I want to work with using cubes. Kind regards IgorM http://wang.se/en/CreateOLAPCube.html/ Ed Ferrero Hi Thanks for response. Unfortunately I still don't know if the show-details-after-double-click feature is available in pivottables linked to OLAP cubes. I tried all three connection types. With the two first options (rebuild at once and rebuild when needed) I still cannot make the pivot table to create a sheet on the fly and provide detai...

Split text cell into seperate colums without splitting up a word
I have text cells with sentences ranging from 0 to 160 characters long. I want to break these into 40 character chunks (in separate cells), but don't want to split any word in half. ie, if the 40 char mark is in the middle of the work, I want to go backwards, find where the word starts and split from that point. It's exactly like a wrap text -- but I want to split those lines up into separate cells. thanks kaf If your sentence were in A1, use these 4 formulas: B1: =LEFT(A1,MAX((MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("1:40")),1)=" ")*ROW (INDIRECT("1:40")))) C1: =LEF...

surveys in ms crm 4.0
we want to develop a survey application in ms crm 4.0 . IS there any way to do it ??? If yes then how ?? thanks in advance If this is a "permanent survey" like a customer satisfaction survey sent after each resolved case, then you can create a custom entity and link it to the relevant entity (case in this example). Secondly, create a custom aspx application which collects this survey information and uses the CRM web services to create a record for that. "nafees ahmed" wrote: > we want to develop a survey application in ms crm 4.0 . IS there any way to > do ...

How to see P&L for individual lot of stock in MS 05
Is there a report available in MS Money Premium 05 that shows the P&L for each lot of a stock holding? Ex. let's say I bought lot A, 100 shares of Microsoft at $20 and then, one week later, another 50 shares, lot B, at $30. If Microsoft is $25, lot A has a profit of $500 ($25-$20*100) and lot B has a loss of $250. Money 05 shows me a total profit of $250 in Microsoft stock in a few portfolio views but the real information for tax planning purposes is that I have a lot I can sell with a $250 tax loss. Or, if I have a $500 gain in my portfolio for the year, I can sell lot A and...

Print issues in Pub 2007
I have a design done in MS Publisher 2007 with a picture of autumn leaves in the background with a text box over the picture. The problem is when I go to print on HP L7600 printer the entire image is off to far left and too high on the invitation card that is 5" wide by 8" high: its Upper left corner justified. Changing the margins, page setup etc has not remedied my problem. Have you made sure your printer knows which size paper you are using? Check your printer driver settings. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For ...

Wrong colors keep printing when I use publisher. Why?
Can't seem to figure this out. Green prints out as purple, blue prints out as green...why? How can I correct it? It is probably your printer driver. What version Publisher? Are other applications printing okay? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "BA1976" <BA1976@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3DEE307-6C6C-4FF7-BAC4-CF816DB47C8B@microsoft.com... > Can't seem to figure this out. Green prints out as purple, blue prints out as > green...why? How can I correct it? Thanks!...

Printing a range of invoices for 1 customer
Hello, I've been vexed by this a lot over the years, so thought it was time to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious. When a customer's account goes overdue, or one day they decide they want to "settle", is there a way to (in one fell swoop) print all the open transactions for that customer? I don't mean just the summary you can get from Receivables Transacting Inqury--Customer. I mean I want to print each open SOP document complete with all the line details (without opening each one, printing, closing, and going to the next one and repeating). Any a...

Couldn't print so unistalled and now Office won't upgrade
Hi, I recently upgraded from a PowerBook to an 24" iMac. Since the iMac is my primary machine I uninstalled Office 2004 from my PowerBook and installed it on my iMac. Everything was working fine until about a week ago (I think after I installed the 11.3.4 patch). (Only) Office was running extremely slow and I was unable to print from using any of the apps. I am able to print using other applications (Pages, etc.). Out of frustration I uninstalled Office and tried to re-installed it. I originally purchased Office 10 and then the upgrade to 2004. Office 10 works (loads fast but does...

Resetting MS CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2 Contacts synchronization
Hi, We have a few clients that have either deleted the synchronized contacts in the local contact folder or aren't getting the ones they are supposed to since the 1.2 update. Two questions on this: Where is the information on contacts that are deleted locally kept to prevent the re-sync, specifically ? How do we reset this ? We have tried reinstalling per the KB without success. Any help would be appreciated. Seems strange this isn't documented somewhere. Thanks, Gary Dear Gary, I found your query in search for a similar problem. Before coming across my current problem I us...

Hyperlink from Word to PDF
Is there a way to create a hyperlink in Word to a specific part in a PDF? -- Sherry Vinturella Hello Sherry Sherry wrote: > Is there a way to create a hyperlink in Word to a specific part in a PDF? I got this originally from pdfzone.com: - using the PDF page numbers: http://www.myServer.com/myFolder/myFile.pdf#page=8 - using the Named destinations: http://www.myServer.com/myFolder/myFile.pdf#myNameddestination see also: http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/acrobat/PDFOpenParams.pdf Opening the PDF at this location only seems to be working when it's ...

Printing problem with the excel 97 to Excel XP
After i made a worksheet using Excel 97 and print it. I copy that file and opened it in excel XP and print it, but my problem is the spacing which is not the same as it was using excel 97. If you changed your operating system at the same time that you upgraded Excel, you may need a new print driver. Go to the printer manufacturer's web site, and check for downloads available for your printer and operating system. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > After i made a worksheet using Excel 97 and print it. I > copy that file and opened it in excel XP and print it, but ...

Copy data from Word macro to excel
I am working on a combined Word and Excel sheet (Both 2000 version) What I am trying to do is capture information in Word in an Userform The information that is entered in the form is then used to fill out word document that can be send to a customer. However this information also needs to be entered into an excel sheet currently that is done manually. But I would like to automate that wit a macro. The data that is being captured is in the following form: -If bolOKButtonPressed Then WordBasic.SetDocumentProperty "ProjectTitle", 0 UserForm1.ProjectTitle.Value, 2 WordBasic.SetD...

Problems printing from Publisher
This is wierd. Any document I print fro Publisher to my Panasonic KX-P7100 laser printer gets enlarged by a factor of four or more - so it only prints out the top left hand corner (but enlarged). None of the other programs on the computer do this. I've installed all the updates and I've got the most updated drivers for the printer. Any suggestions? Maybe uninstalling and reinstalling the printer would help. Panasonic has an utility that will remove all the printer files. Starting fresh could be a solution, Publisher is more demanding on printer issues than most applications. ht...

Problem after MS Update KB978207
Hi All, After installing KB978207 we found we had no network connection and IPSec eventId: 7023. Has anyone else installed this yet or found a solution to this? Thanks, Nick My guess is this is that old DNS reserved ports issue that can happen randomly on any reboot and has nothing to do with KB978207. Make sure you add the DNS reservation patch to fix your IPSec booting issue: http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2009/03/11/sbs-2003-and-dns-patch-issues-revisited.aspx -- Allan Williams Nick wrote: > Hi All, > > After installing KB97820...