MS Word Footer Misalignment

Hi all, this has been driving me nuts for quite some time: for some
reason, the footer area in my MS word documents (new, template, or old
(including created on another computer/OS) is misaligned. The footer
area (as indicated by the dotted line) is the right size, but it's
positioned at the very bottom of the page (without the small area
reserved for the unprintable area of the page). This leaves an
unusable area between the end of the main body text (which, as
expected, ends 7.5 in. from the top of the page) and the top of the
footer area. Depending on the printer, the footer may be clipped.

I can change the footer size, bottom margin, etc., but it doesn't
affect the fact that the area is still drawn from the bottom of the
page.

Completely reinstalling MS Office (including preferences, Normal
template and other user data) did not help. It doesn't appear to be
user-specific (I tried it on a standard account that I use only for
troubleshooting and the bug is still there). Creating a new, custom
page size with significantly greater unprintable bottom print area did
not help.

I'm at a loss. Any suggestions would be most welcome. I'm using Mac OS
X 10.6.3, MS Office 2004 v11.5.0.

Thanks!
0
GUSwim8

That is just the way the footer is displayed. The footer text is always at
the top of the box, which represents the footer margin, and is pushed down
as you add more.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"GUSwim8" <guswim8@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, this has been driving me nuts for quite some time: for some
> reason, the footer area in my MS word documents (new, template, or old
> (including created on another computer/OS) is misaligned. The footer
> area (as indicated by the dotted line) is the right size, but it's
> positioned at the very bottom of the page (without the small area
> reserved for the unprintable area of the page). This leaves an
> unusable area between the end of the main body text (which, as
> expected, ends 7.5 in. from the top of the page) and the top of the
> footer area. Depending on the printer, the footer may be clipped.
>
> I can change the footer size, bottom margin, etc., but it doesn't
> affect the fact that the area is still drawn from the bottom of the
> page.
>
> Completely reinstalling MS Office (including preferences, Normal
> template and other user data) did not help. It doesn't appear to be
> user-specific (I tried it on a standard account that I use only for
> troubleshooting and the bug is still there). Creating a new, custom
> page size with significantly greater unprintable bottom print area did
> not help.
>
> I'm at a loss. Any suggestions would be most welcome. I'm using Mac OS
> X 10.6.3, MS Office 2004 v11.5.0.
>
> Thanks!

0
Suzanne

Workaround for Opening Word 6 Files (other than File>Open)?
Hi all, I know in Word 2008 I can open my Word 6 files using File>Open. This works fine but annoys the heck out of me. MS has made a "security" choice here that is about *their* security from possible lawsuits, not *my* security from possible phishers. Sheesh, I am trying to look at my dissertation; no one has embedded dangerous code in it! So, my question is: Is there a workaround for this? Ideally there'd be a preference to turn off this "feature," but I'm sure there isn't one. Alternately, perhaps a way to batch change the document type on o...

picture in a footer
Does anyone know how to display a picture in a footer? I followed the workaround to get a picture in a row to repeat at top but can't figure out how to get a "logo" to repeat at the bottom or in a footer. Anyone??? Thanks in advance. I'm using excel 2000 Suz This feature was introduced in Excel 2002. Place the logo where you want it at bottom of a blank sheet. Print out a bunch of copies then use these in your printer tray. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:39:01 -0800, Suzgreive <Suzgreive@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anyone know ...

Microsoft Word crop function
When using the Picture toolbar and the crop function in Word (Word 2002 SP3), what is the most practical way to decrease the coarseness of the cropping of an image? Previously, I was using the freeware 20/20 image editing program to rubberband an image with the mouse and could easily paste it into a Word or PowerPoint file using Windows XP Professional 32-bit at my workplace. We've gone to XP 64-bit and the 20/20 image editing program doesn't work. Does someone know of a licensed image editor that is compatible with XP 64-bit if no other method is practical through cro...

MS Publisher
My brother sent me a paper that was written using ms publisher, but when I open it all I can display is the front page. Do I have to use the side bar to view each page? What version of Publisher do you have. You should see a small representation of pages at the bottom (right-ish) portion of the screen, clicking on the page numbers will display that page. CTRL-Pg Up/Down will also changes pages. -- James Bart: "According to creationism, there were no cavemen." Homer: "Well good riddance, their drawings sucked and they all looked like hippies!" "...

place a comma after every word
I have a list : car bar top list bin funny time this I need to have a comma after each word-- car, bar, top, list, bin, funny, time, this, Thanks You could try this: =CONCATENATE(A1)(", ")(A2)(", "), etc. Then copy column and Paste Values. -- moe10134 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ moe10134's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=544460 for each c in selection c.value=c & "," next c to put to...

WTF is wrong with MS Money 2007 Updates?
For the past few days the updating of pportfolio prices has been intermittent. This morning, an hour after the market has opened, the prices have still not updated. Anybody else having this problem? Anyone have a clue @ what the problem is? I usually find the program helpful, but sometimes it can be a real PITA. Tx, FD 90% of my portfolio update requests also fail - the online update arrows just spin endlessly. Like you, this has been happening for several days. Updates used to be pretty much rock-solid - no more. Using MS Money Plus Deluxe. Dave "FumDuk" wrote: > ...

Local OLAP cubes in Excel/MS Query
Hi Can someone please recommend some good book or web page about creating local OLAP cubes using MS Query. I have some data in Access that I want to work with using cubes. Kind regards IgorM http://wang.se/en/CreateOLAPCube.html/ Ed Ferrero Hi Thanks for response. Unfortunately I still don't know if the show-details-after-double-click feature is available in pivottables linked to OLAP cubes. I tried all three connection types. With the two first options (rebuild at once and rebuild when needed) I still cannot make the pivot table to create a sheet on the fly and provide detai...

Split text cell into seperate colums without splitting up a word
I have text cells with sentences ranging from 0 to 160 characters long. I want to break these into 40 character chunks (in separate cells), but don't want to split any word in half. ie, if the 40 char mark is in the middle of the work, I want to go backwards, find where the word starts and split from that point. It's exactly like a wrap text -- but I want to split those lines up into separate cells. thanks kaf If your sentence were in A1, use these 4 formulas: B1: =LEFT(A1,MAX((MID(A1,ROW(INDIRECT("1:40")),1)=" ")*ROW (INDIRECT("1:40")))) C1: =LEF...

surveys in ms crm 4.0
we want to develop a survey application in ms crm 4.0 . IS there any way to do it ??? If yes then how ?? thanks in advance If this is a "permanent survey" like a customer satisfaction survey sent after each resolved case, then you can create a custom entity and link it to the relevant entity (case in this example). Secondly, create a custom aspx application which collects this survey information and uses the CRM web services to create a record for that. "nafees ahmed" wrote: > we want to develop a survey application in ms crm 4.0 . IS there any way to > do ...

How to see P&L for individual lot of stock in MS 05
Is there a report available in MS Money Premium 05 that shows the P&L for each lot of a stock holding? Ex. let's say I bought lot A, 100 shares of Microsoft at $20 and then, one week later, another 50 shares, lot B, at $30. If Microsoft is $25, lot A has a profit of $500 ($25-$20*100) and lot B has a loss of $250. Money 05 shows me a total profit of $250 in Microsoft stock in a few portfolio views but the real information for tax planning purposes is that I have a lot I can sell with a $250 tax loss. Or, if I have a $500 gain in my portfolio for the year, I can sell lot A and...

Hyperlink from Word to PDF
Is there a way to create a hyperlink in Word to a specific part in a PDF? -- Sherry Vinturella Hello Sherry Sherry wrote: > Is there a way to create a hyperlink in Word to a specific part in a PDF? I got this originally from pdfzone.com: - using the PDF page numbers: http://www.myServer.com/myFolder/myFile.pdf#page=8 - using the Named destinations: http://www.myServer.com/myFolder/myFile.pdf#myNameddestination see also: http://partners.adobe.com/public/developer/en/acrobat/PDFOpenParams.pdf Opening the PDF at this location only seems to be working when it's ...

when sending e-mail using word says interface not recgonised!!
when sending new e-mails using word as editor. on sending e-mail get error message saying interface not recgonised can any one help as i'm a new outlook user. Your Word version must match your Outlook version or you cannot use Word as editor. You can't use Word 2000 or XP with Outlook 2003. "matt clarke" wrote: > when sending new e-mails using word as editor. on sending e-mail get error > message saying interface not recgonised can any one help as i'm a new outlook > user. matt clarke <mattclarke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when sendi...

Copy data from Word macro to excel
I am working on a combined Word and Excel sheet (Both 2000 version) What I am trying to do is capture information in Word in an Userform The information that is entered in the form is then used to fill out word document that can be send to a customer. However this information also needs to be entered into an excel sheet currently that is done manually. But I would like to automate that wit a macro. The data that is being captured is in the following form: -If bolOKButtonPressed Then WordBasic.SetDocumentProperty "ProjectTitle", 0 UserForm1.ProjectTitle.Value, 2 WordBasic.SetD...

Excel should have a "Change Case..." menu Item like Word!!
See the subject, I know you can set up a formula to do it I want a button! PLEASE, for years I've just wanted to change case on the fly, YEARS! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3c7554c...

Resetting MS CRM Sales for Outlook 1.2 Contacts synchronization
Hi, We have a few clients that have either deleted the synchronized contacts in the local contact folder or aren't getting the ones they are supposed to since the 1.2 update. Two questions on this: Where is the information on contacts that are deleted locally kept to prevent the re-sync, specifically ? How do we reset this ? We have tried reinstalling per the KB without success. Any help would be appreciated. Seems strange this isn't documented somewhere. Thanks, Gary Dear Gary, I found your query in search for a similar problem. Before coming across my current problem I us...

Problem after MS Update KB978207
Hi All, After installing KB978207 we found we had no network connection and IPSec eventId: 7023. Has anyone else installed this yet or found a solution to this? Thanks, Nick My guess is this is that old DNS reserved ports issue that can happen randomly on any reboot and has nothing to do with KB978207. Make sure you add the DNS reservation patch to fix your IPSec booting issue: http://msmvps.com/blogs/bradley/archive/2009/03/11/sbs-2003-and-dns-patch-issues-revisited.aspx -- Allan Williams Nick wrote: > Hi All, > > After installing KB97820...

MS+Premium-Advanced Budget Category Not Found
I originally sent MSM support this question and they replied with only a partial answer but I couldn't reply to their email and they gave no direct link to respond so am trying here: Problem: I have a number of transactions in the banking section with the drop down category being "Legal Fees" (which I believe is a standard MSM category?) but when I try to add that category it to the advanced budget via Edit Budget/Add/"Add a category to a budget group from the list below" - "Legal Fees" does not appear in the drop down select box. And then when I try t...

Microsoft Word Deleting
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Ok, I have Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac and my Word was working perfectly until the other day where I tried to open up Word from the dock and a question mark popped up over the icon at the dock. I looked it up in Finder and it doesn't seem to be there but all of the other Microsoft Office things like Excel and Powerpoint still work fine. Can anyone help? Have you looked in: Applications/Microsoft Office 2008? If 'Microsoft Word.app' actually isn't there do a Spotlight search for it and look in the Trash. Once...

getting rid of paragraph markers in word
I have these strange markers in word files, probably self imposed by not knowing what I was clicking. They dusappear in "print preview" and do not print. How do I turn them off? Thanks. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "sgsully" <sgsully@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18614E5D-F77A-49FB-89BB-BA041F15F20C@microsoft.com... >I have these strange markers in word files, probably self imposed by not &...

How do I select multiple rows randomly in MS Excel?
How do I select multiple rows randomly in MS Excel? Hi Select your first row and then hold down the Ctrl key while selecting the others. HTH Michael "Varun" wrote: > How do I select multiple rows randomly in MS Excel? "Varun" <Varun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > How do I select multiple rows randomly in MS Excel? Just another angle to the post's interp .. (with emphasis on "randomly") Here's an example set-up to play with .. Assume we have 6 rows of data below in Sheet1's A1:C6: Data1 Text1 Desc1 Data2 Text2 Desc2 Data3 Text...

Excell and Word Hang up when attempting use Save As command
I have just installed latest updates for office 2003 and now find that when I attempt to use the save as command the application hangs up and prompts me to send a report to microsoft when I terminate a non-responding program. Any ideas as to what is wrong? Maybe... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/918165 Problems in Windows Explorer or the Windows shell after you install security update MS06-015 Microsoft Patch Snafu Grows, Users Seek Workaround http://www.techweb.com/wire/security/185303742 Scuta wrote: > > I have just installed latest updates for office 2003 and ...

ms outlook and blackberry
I have XP Home Edition, and my computer came installed w/MS Works. I just installed Office 2000 because I needed ms outlook in order to sync my new Blackberry applications. I get an error message "procedure entry poiont getiums could not be located in the dynamic link library msdart.dll. " Is there a way to resolve this issue? ...

Can't set hyperlink to Word bookmark
Excel 2007 (& Word 2007) Vista Enterprise SP1 This topic has been covered re older versions of Excel, with no definitive answer. I want to hyperlink a certain Excel cell to a specific point in a Word document. I select the cell, hit Ctrl-k, and navigate to the file. The path and file appear in the address problem. I then press the Bookmark button. The following message appears: "Microsoft Office Excel could not open this file or could not parse a file of this type." [Why not? It's the same Office version?] The Show Help button unhelpfully says that certai...

Word as email editor is unavailable after upgrading the Outlook 20
I have a few computers on my network that the option to use Microsoft office Word 2003 as e-mail editor is unavailable. I need this option available so the company logo can be on the signature. the computers were running an earlier vertion of office I upgraded the outlook to 2003 to work with the SBS 2003 we installed and exchange. I also upgraded Word to 2003 thinking this might fix it. but the option is still greyed out. any suggestions? I'm thinking I need to install office 2003 instead of just word 2003. ...

Benefits of Using MS-Exchange with MS-CRM
- What are the major benefits of using MS-Exchange with MS-CRM. - To make MS-Exchange speak to my MS-CRM, what all softwares do I need to install ? - For leads which are part of MS-CRM, will incoming emails automatically get associated with them ? - Incoming eMails which don't have any leads associated to them, what happens ? The greatest benefit, I think, is that by integrating the two with the Exchange email Router, you can (optionally) have CRM-related emails automatically converted to activities in the CRM system and that the emails/activities can be associated with existing Sa...