MS Word Footer Misalignment

Hi all, this has been driving me nuts for quite some time: for some
reason, the footer area in my MS word documents (new, template, or old
(including created on another computer/OS) is misaligned. The footer
area (as indicated by the dotted line) is the right size, but it's
positioned at the very bottom of the page (without the small area
reserved for the unprintable area of the page). This leaves an
unusable area between the end of the main body text (which, as
expected, ends 7.5 in. from the top of the page) and the top of the
footer area. Depending on the printer, the footer may be clipped.

I can change the footer size, bottom margin, etc., but it doesn't
affect the fact that the area is still drawn from the bottom of the
page.

Completely reinstalling MS Office (including preferences, Normal
template and other user data) did not help. It doesn't appear to be
user-specific (I tried it on a standard account that I use only for
troubleshooting and the bug is still there). Creating a new, custom
page size with significantly greater unprintable bottom print area did
not help.

I'm at a loss. Any suggestions would be most welcome. I'm using Mac OS
X 10.6.3, MS Office 2004 v11.5.0.

Thanks!
0
GUSwim8

That is just the way the footer is displayed. The footer text is always at
the top of the box, which represents the footer margin, and is pushed down
as you add more.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"GUSwim8" <guswim8@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, this has been driving me nuts for quite some time: for some
> reason, the footer area in my MS word documents (new, template, or old
> (including created on another computer/OS) is misaligned. The footer
> area (as indicated by the dotted line) is the right size, but it's
> positioned at the very bottom of the page (without the small area
> reserved for the unprintable area of the page). This leaves an
> unusable area between the end of the main body text (which, as
> expected, ends 7.5 in. from the top of the page) and the top of the
> footer area. Depending on the printer, the footer may be clipped.
>
> I can change the footer size, bottom margin, etc., but it doesn't
> affect the fact that the area is still drawn from the bottom of the
> page.
>
> Completely reinstalling MS Office (including preferences, Normal
> template and other user data) did not help. It doesn't appear to be
> user-specific (I tried it on a standard account that I use only for
> troubleshooting and the bug is still there). Creating a new, custom
> page size with significantly greater unprintable bottom print area did
> not help.
>
> I'm at a loss. Any suggestions would be most welcome. I'm using Mac OS
> X 10.6.3, MS Office 2004 v11.5.0.
>
> Thanks!

0
Suzanne

how do I stop word from making decisions for me?
I do not want word to make a list just because I type in a number at the start of a sentence. I do not want word to indent my work for me because I tab each sentence at the start. How do I stop this monster from deciding what I want it to do I am in charge of the word processor but this software seems to think that it is and it is driving me crazy. http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TameAutoFormat.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gma...

Outlook 2000 doesn't respond after downloading MS update!!
Luckily, my Outlook Express seems to work, but my Outlook 2000 will open, but if I click on a message or do Anything, it FREEZES. HELP!! I rely on calendar functions, other things. HOW could MS allow an update that screws up their own programs? I did restore - to no avail. I lent CD to someone, so can't do "repair." (Trying to get a hold of friend) Please help! I'm in process of job hunt & really need Outlook to function... Thanks, Sherry Did you recently apply SP3 for Office/Outlook 2000 and is Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode? If yes, you...

in excel how can we put formula to convert numericalfigureto word
for example : in excel i have mention 25000.00 in numerical amount , i want to know how can i convert in next colum , about word ?/; How can i put formula to make the numerical in to words like 25000 in numerical to twenty five thousands in word. There is no direct functions to convert this. For a VBA solution check out the below links http://support.microsoft.com/kb/213360 http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/ValueToWords.htm http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "excel" wrote: > for example : > > in excel i hav...

Creating a Microsoft Words document from an existing Excel spreads
Hi all, I need your kind guidance on how to create a new microsoft words document using an existing excel spreadsheet? At present, I have an excel spreadsheet, say "data.xls" containing data for example 6 fields such as COMPANY NAME, DATE, ITEM1, ITEM2, ITEM,3 & QUOTATION TOTAL. Under these 6 fields are some records of my customers. COMPANY NM DATE ITEM1 ITEM2 ITEM3 QUOTATION TTL ---------------- ------- -------- ------- -------- ------------------- ABC Limited 3 Apr xxxxx xxxxx ...

MS money 2004 Deluxe canadian edition
Is there a money 2004 deluxe canadian version? I have found the Standard edition everywhere, but not the Deluxe. I am using the trial version and it will expire soon, but when I try to buy the Canadian version, MS Money keeps taking me to US only version purchase options. The MS Money web site couldn't have been less helpful. Derrick In microsoft.public.money, Derrick wrote: >Is there a money 2004 deluxe canadian version? I have >found the Standard edition everywhere, but not the Deluxe. No Deluxe. > >I am using the trial version and it will expire soon, but >...

What is the MS Best Practice for positional files to XSD schema?
How do I get a positional flatfile from cobol (shown below) and create a Schema based on the positions below in vb.net? 'ERROR-TYPE-CDE Positional length =(2) 'ERROR-NUM Positional length =(10) 'COGGA-FLD-REQUEST-KY Positional length =(10, 0) 'COGGA-CUST-ACCT-KY Positional length =(10, 0) 'COGGA-ACCT-STAT-DESC Positional length = (8) 'COGGA-DISPATCH-DTE Positional length =(10) 'COGGA-DISPATCH-TME Positional leng...

Sum in Form Footer
Hi Folks, I've made a the following calculation in form Detail section into text box and I've called my text box "Chaussures" =Sum([Chaussures])+([aldo])+([Feet-First])+([Transit])+([Globo]), this sum calculate the sum of Units which are into these text boxes "aldo", "Feet-First", "Transit" and "Globo" and this for each line record. Now in the Form Footwear, How can I make the total of units "Chaussures" I've tried a lot of things and nothing seems to work. Your help will be much appreciated, Thankign you in advance,...

Embedding worksheet into Word
Has anyone had the experience where when they embed a worksheet into Microsoft Word, a portion of the worksheet gets cut off? Is there an easy fix to this? ...

Send from Word
When I hit the send button in Word or Excell I get a pop up that say choose profile with Outlook in the drop down. That is the only name in the drop down. If I hit OK I get the following Message. The MAPI Spooler could not be started. Close and then restartall mail-enabled applications.MAPI 103 (0000004C7) If I choose to set up a new profile I get a Microsoft Exchange Setup Wizard. As I try to setup a new profile I come to the following, The following unrecoverable error has occured: The .DLL file for this service is either damaged or could not be found. Any ideas? Doug, What versi...

Nested Styles in Word 2003?
Is it possible to create a nested style in Word 2003? An example would be to make the first sentence of a paragraph Body Text bold but the rest of the paragraph plain Body Text. I have used this type of style with Adobe InDesign but haven't found a way to make it work in Word. It's not a big issue for me as I have used character formatting over the Body Text style where appropriate but I am curious. Word can do this, but not with "nested styles" (there is no such concept in Word). Instead, there is a way to apply a style to only part of a paragraph. See http://...

mail merge with word 2007 and a riso
I'm having problems trying to mail merge a word 2007 document with a riso. all goes well and I can preview all the documents and all looks good until I try to finish and print it on a riso, and nothing happens. It works on word 2003 but not the new version. can anyone help? Can you merge to a new document? If so, try using the following macro from fellow MVP Doug Robbins to split that document to the printer as separate jobs Sub SplitMergeLetterToPrinter() ' splitter Macro ' Macro created 16-08-98 by Doug Robbins to print each letter created by a ' mailmerge...

Unable to repy using word editor
When repyling to an e-mail I receive the following message, "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy, or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead". I found article 284900, that states you may get this message when you have office 2000 and office xp installed on the same computer. This is not the case on my computer, Office 2000 does not exist, only office xp. Can anyone help me? There appear to be a whole host of causes for this error message. Most have no solution. Here are a few that do: http://support.microsoft...

missing arial unicode ms
I did some publisher projects a few yrs ago,under Win98 & Office SB 2000. When I try to bring them up now (under WinXP, Office SB 2000, it says arial unicode ms is embedded, & can't be loaded or is unavailable. The font Publisher subs screws everything up, but I can't locate the font (on discs for XP, Office, or Win98). How can I get it back? All programs are up-to-date Arial Unicode was installed with this applications Access 2000, Excel 2000, FrontPage 2000, Office 2000 Premium, Office Professional Edition 2003, Outlook 2000, PowerPoint 2000, Publisher 2000, Word 2...

How do I break a large word document into smaller components?
I have a very large Word document (over 40 MB) that I update several times a year. I would like to break it into smaller components so that only the affected component would have to be backed up online. However, I still wish to maintain the ability to create a table of contents and index for the whole document. Is this possible and if so, what is the process to do it. I am using MS Office 2010 beta running MS Windows 7 Home Premium on a 64 bit Dell desktop. Hi RoadRoy, You can simply make multiple copies and delete whatever you don't want from each copy. For the mul...

Right Click Safari 404 and paste into Word 2008 only showing address
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Example. I open gmail.com. Right click on the Gmail logo to &quot;copy image&quot; not the &quot;copy image address&quot; option. Then, I open Word 2008 and paste. All I get is the address, not the logo image. If I repeat and use Text Edit (Apple) instead, it works as expected. Is this a bug with Word? Or am I missing a preference setting here set up by default that needs adjusted? Apparently it has to do with how Safari populates the Clipboard � I have no problem pasting the logo with F...

Making words in a list a value!!
I am trying to create a list that will generate a value in another column once that word or phrase is chosen. Is this possible and how. Exp. In the drop down list I would chose Product, then in the price column the price automatically appears. brco1, Much better than I could ever explain the process. Here's exactly wha you need. http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html HT -- Case ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Casey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=454 View this thread: http://www.excelforu...

MS Money for Palm OS
Hi there Is Money 2002 available for the Palm OS? Any resources/links would be appreciated Thanks Ian Mick Any version of Money? 2002? "Mick" <alaskan@cox.net> wrote in message news:09a001c3d46b$8a447fc0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Ian, > > I have looked into various Palm OS finacial softwares. > None would sync both ways, either with Quicken or Money > except for one. It's called Ultrasoft and can be found at > http://www.ultrasoft.com/ > > It syncs with Money (not Quicken) and allows me to input > data either into Money or Ultrasoft on my Pa...

Mail Merge with Word 2003
Please Help if you can. I have lost hours editing a Mail Merge Master document, only to find none of the changes are saved when you reopen. Here's what happened: I want to edit the fields in a mail merge document. I want to search for the {OLD-FIELD} and replace it with the {NEW FIELD}. Word does not seem to allow me to do this. First, it will not let me cut and paste the fields into the Search & Replace Box. Secondlly, after hours of laboriously replacing my Fields one at a time, and dutifully saving, NONE of the changes were saved. The changes are all shown in ...

How do I suppress the Header/Footer?
I need to know how to suppress the header/footer on the first page of my document when I don't want it to print on just the first page. Hello- Have been using Excel on PC & Mac since it first came out, and AFAIK ther is no such capability as a standard option. If someone knows differently, I sure hope they respond to your post. Perhaps it can be done through VBA, or there may be 3rd party add-ins that include that feature |:>) "Angelhearts" wrote: > I need to know how to suppress the header/footer on the first page of my > document when I don't want it ...

Any Session avariable in MS CRM
Hi, All the web technologies havining Session variables, hope Session is also available in our MS CRM, i want to maintain the Session, for example i have to track the activities of users, how can i track the users, please let me know, Thank you Thangam Yes It is session based, and you can use the webservice to read the user and its activities. for more see CRM SDK. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "mukathangadurai@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > > All ...

Word doc format
I tried to email a word attachment written on office for mac 2008 home version, but the recipient couldn't open the doc. recipient using windows xp. rlciii@officeformac.com <rlciii@officeformac.com> wrote: > I tried to email a word attachment written on office for mac 2008 home > version, but the recipient couldn't open the doc. recipient using windows > xp. If they don't have a recent version of Windows Office, they may not be able to open a .docx file. Choose File > Save As and save as a .doc file. -- Adam Bailey | Chicago, Illinois adamb@lull.org | Finge...

Excel object in Word
How do I get rid of the gride lines in an embedded excel object in word? Gridlines are off in Print Setupand Drawing menus. Jon In the same way you'd do it in an Excel worksheet itself? Try this: Double-click on the embedded Excel object in Word (Or right-click on it > Worksheet object > Edit) Click Tools > Options > View tab Uncheck "Gridlines" > OK Click anywhere outside the object to get back to Word -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond, in newsgroup xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Jon Ford" wrote: >How do I get rid of the ...

revision lines on Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I need to show when text is revised by inserting a line in the left margin. This works ok on text, and has worked with tables and ToC in past versions (2004 for Mac). Now in the new version it causes formatting chaos. <br> I draw a line in the left margin of a page with a table and when the mouse is released the line a) disappears, or b) jumps up to the previous page, or c) jumps over into the table and displaces the contents downward off the page. <br> I am not using the Track Changes feature. &l...