MS Word Footer Misalignment

Hi all, this has been driving me nuts for quite some time: for some
reason, the footer area in my MS word documents (new, template, or old
(including created on another computer/OS) is misaligned. The footer
area (as indicated by the dotted line) is the right size, but it's
positioned at the very bottom of the page (without the small area
reserved for the unprintable area of the page). This leaves an
unusable area between the end of the main body text (which, as
expected, ends 7.5 in. from the top of the page) and the top of the
footer area. Depending on the printer, the footer may be clipped.

I can change the footer size, bottom margin, etc., but it doesn't
affect the fact that the area is still drawn from the bottom of the
page.

Completely reinstalling MS Office (including preferences, Normal
template and other user data) did not help. It doesn't appear to be
user-specific (I tried it on a standard account that I use only for
troubleshooting and the bug is still there). Creating a new, custom
page size with significantly greater unprintable bottom print area did
not help.

I'm at a loss. Any suggestions would be most welcome. I'm using Mac OS
X 10.6.3, MS Office 2004 v11.5.0.

Thanks!
0
GUSwim8

That is just the way the footer is displayed. The footer text is always at
the top of the box, which represents the footer margin, and is pushed down
as you add more.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"GUSwim8" <guswim8@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all, this has been driving me nuts for quite some time: for some
> reason, the footer area in my MS word documents (new, template, or old
> (including created on another computer/OS) is misaligned. The footer
> area (as indicated by the dotted line) is the right size, but it's
> positioned at the very bottom of the page (without the small area
> reserved for the unprintable area of the page). This leaves an
> unusable area between the end of the main body text (which, as
> expected, ends 7.5 in. from the top of the page) and the top of the
> footer area. Depending on the printer, the footer may be clipped.
>
> I can change the footer size, bottom margin, etc., but it doesn't
> affect the fact that the area is still drawn from the bottom of the
> page.
>
> Completely reinstalling MS Office (including preferences, Normal
> template and other user data) did not help. It doesn't appear to be
> user-specific (I tried it on a standard account that I use only for
> troubleshooting and the bug is still there). Creating a new, custom
> page size with significantly greater unprintable bottom print area did
> not help.
>
> I'm at a loss. Any suggestions would be most welcome. I'm using Mac OS
> X 10.6.3, MS Office 2004 v11.5.0.
>
> Thanks!

0
Suzanne

Is Word Converter Compatible with Server 2008??????
We have tried to install the word converter (so 2003 word can read and save 2008 documents). When you try to open a 2007 document, we get the error " There was an error opening file" We have tried on a production server and also test server had have the same results. Uninstall and reinstall several times and . Run as Administrator, everything but no luck. Everything is up-to-date with the lates service packs. We would install Office 2007, but the clients app that does merge to word is not compatible with Word 2007. Is the word converter compatible with Serv...

Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 and exchange server
I am Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 and exchange server. Does anyone have a reason for this and/or a work-around so that I can use MS Word as the email editor. I have reviewed the knowledge base and cannot find a solution. Please help. Thanks, HR HR <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am Unable to use Word as email editor with outlook 2003 > and exchange server. Define "unable". What happens when you try. What version of Word? -- Brian Tillman ...

Paste into "Advanced Find" "search for the words:" field????
Am I doing something wrong, or did microsoft really disable the ability to paste into the "search for the words:" field? You can paste into the email address fields, but that is it. I'm trying to search emails for a specific numeric string, and I don't want to have to type a 30 character number from an email when I could easily copy and paste it. Am I doing something wrong or are they really that stupid??? Thanks! Mick Does CTRL V work for you "Mick" <MickBurkellc@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1121234980.931014.46200@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >...

MS CRM
How to write organization name during instalation ? I have write as in IG - "adventure-works" and adding license key was apeared as incorrect. I do not uderstand why ? Are there another needs ? Thanks for help. Mariusz OK. I have resolved problem. ;o)Mariusz U�ytkownik "Mariusz Slany" <nospam__marsla@op.pl> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:emdFNbvkDHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How to write organization name during instalation ? > I have write as in IG - "adventure-works" and adding license key was apeared > as incorrect. > I do not uderstand...

Embedding Word table in Excel cell
Is there any way in which I can embed a small MS Word table in an Excel cell? Thanks. -- Larry Lester Copy / paste as a picture. Pictures can always be re-sized and re-positioned -- Gary's Student "Larry Lester" wrote: > Is there any way in which I can embed a small MS Word table in an Excel cell? > Thanks. > -- > Larry Lester Gary's reply works for pasting the table in as a graphic object _on_ an XL sheet, but you cannot paste a graphic into a cell as cell content. If you simply Paste to a cell, the corresponding number of cells will be filled with th...

word freezes periodically when i am tracking changes, using endnote and inserting pictures from file
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel word freezes periodically when i am tracking changes and using endnote and when i am inserting pictures from file. i seem to have no other options but force quit then i get lots of recovered documents. i am doing doctoral study so my documents have endnote field notes and changes highlighted. <br><br>inserting pictures from file into a word document causes instant hanging. Judging from the array of causes you're listing I believe there may be several things that need to be addressed. Sinc...

Sync Problem MS Money --> PocketPC
Hi, When MS Money for PocketPC on my new Dell Axim x50v tries to sync with my Money-file on the desktop PC (MS Money De Luxe 2004), Active Sync asks for a password. But when I write the password (plain letters) I use when I open MS Money on the desktop, Active Sync tells me that it isn't correct! Strange ... Any clues?? Thanks in advance, Peter from Sweden Does your PDA use a password (after X minutes)? It's that password vs. your MSN passport. "Peter Fowelin" <PeterFowelin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74B36003-C10F-4751-A981-E925F0931...

Word 2008: PDF as icon?
Hi all, I've a quite particular issue with Word:mac 2008: I have to attach to a document a PDF file as icon. I go into Insert -> Object -> From File and I select my .pdf using the check on "Display as icon". After clicking "Ok" I get a window where I have to choose the page I want to insert and then it doesn't put the icon, but it copies the page in the Word document as image! Does anyone have a clue? I want it displayed as an icon. Thanks and regards. Sorry: Word 2008 can insert only Office files as icons. Use Help>Send feedback to tell Microsoft you...

outlook 2003 / word 2000 conflick
I just installed outlook 2003 and now my office 2000 professional does not work with email. in options it only list word 2003 how do I get word 2000 to work with the new 2003 out look? You can't. Outlook and Word need to be the same version for this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07e301c47470$18cc2e10$7d02280a@phx.gbl... >I just installed outlook 200...

Open New Visio Drawing using VBA in Word?
Hi, We're creating new Word 2007 templates, and some of them require flowchart functionality from Visio. Our goal is to create a macro within the Word template to call Visio, open a new drawing and have a custom stencil set open for users to use. Users would then open create their flowchart/diagram in Visio, and it would update automatically into the Word template when Visio is closed. I'm using the following code to start Visio, however I'm stuck on where to go from there: Sub Visio() Shell "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\VISIO.exe", vbN...

when i import a file into a Word it adopts different formatting
When importing a file the document adopts odd formatting. For example - paragraphs suddenly appear in bold - alignment changes etc. It does not adopt the format of the original document. I know that I could use Format Painter to correct this - but the documents are often very long and it is too time consuming to do so. Which styles are applied to the inserted text? Modify those styles in the target document. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Chelbo" <Chelbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDEBA41C-0657-4...

"Disappearing" lines of text in Word docs
I've noticed a really unusual intermittent bug in my version of MS Word. Suppose there are two consecutive lines of text in my document, Line A and Line B. I want to insert a new line between Lines A & B, so I position the cursor in between them and hit return (not highlighting Line B beforehand, because I'm not trying to get rid of it). When I do so, Line B seems to disappear, with the cursor (and empty line in front of it) taking the place of Line B. However, when I hit "page up" or "page down", Line B reappears. Anyone know why this might ...

Make Word 2008 open with Formatting toolbar showing
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3284189186_6066939 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Is there a way to tell Word 2008 that I want always to have the formatting toolbar showing? What about the formula bar in Excel? I couldn�t seem to get it to stick to the menu bars, much less appear as a default. Thanks! Best, - Bill Leopard 10.5.1 Office 2008 --B_3284189186_6066939 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859...

Can't e-mail from Word 2000 using Outlook 2002/XP
After "upgrading" Outlook 2000 SP-1 to Outlook 2002, I can't create a Word letter from within Outlook or send a file to a recipient from within Word. When I try to create a letter from within Outlook, I get the error "To use this feature you must install the version of Microsoft Word that matches the installed version of Microsoft Outlook". I've tried The Outlook 2002 "repair", and even uninstalled it and re-installed Outlook 2000 SP-1. In that configuration, the software worked fine. But when I "upgraded" again to Outlook 2002, it was br...

Quit Word 2008 in Snow Leopard time ?
I've noticed since upgrading to Snow Leopard that when I quit Word 2008 it takes a long time, as it always had, but now the Menu Bar changes so on the "left" end there is just the Apple icon and then a Script icon next to it (where the running application title is normally). Is this normal or should I go on a search for answers to this and perhaps other yet to see problems? Thanks for any tips. -- Norm Hi Norm: What that means is that Word is exiting and clearing its icons from the menu bar, then the system is cleaning up a bit later. The system owns t...

New Word template always prompts to save changes
Word 2003/XP Pro I am trying to create an alternative Normal.dot. Problem is when I try to save a document created from AltNormal, I always receive the prompt: "Do you want to save the changes to AltNormal.dot?". Typing and saving a few of characters is sufficient to cause the prompt. If I accept the prompt, the prompt returns when I next modify the document. All this occurs even if AltNormal has not been modified from Normal.dot. I have tried many different ways to resolve this including basing AltNormal on: (1) a copy of Normal.dot, (2) a clean document from Norm...

Inserting Visio into Word
Hello, I haven't found a convenient way to insert Visio objects into a Word document. Here's how I'd like to be able to do it: 1. "Insert|Object|Microsoft Visio drawing" would open Visio in separate process with a large (say 8.5x11 inch) drawing space. (By default, Visio edits in place with a 3x5 drawing space.) 2. When I return to Word, Visio would automatically remove the white space from around the drawing for me. (By default, Visio leaves the white space; I can get rid of it, but I haven't found a way to do it that comes even close to convenient.) 3. When ...

MS chart control for VC++9 03-13-10
I am trying to use MSchart control in my Visual C++9, However, the MS chart control in not available in activex list!. I ve downloaded the MS chart control for APS. Net but I couldnt use it with my VC++ programs. Is there any clue? thanks On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 17:50:52 -0800, Azed <user@msgroups.net/> wrote: >I am trying to use MSchart control in my Visual C++9, However, the MS chart control in not available in activex list!. I ve downloaded the MS chart control for APS. Net but I couldnt use it with my VC++ programs. >Is there any clue? >thanks > >--- >frmsrcur...

My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messag
My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messages What do you see when you get one? "jimjep" <jimjep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77C1C107-B54C-4DAA-B736-69A870B13F22@microsoft.com... > My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messages jimjep <jimjep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My IBM Laptop using MS 2003 does not let me read plain text messages What do you mean by "does not let"? Does a hand come out of the screen and grab your wrist so you can't move the mouse? -- Brian Til...

Error opening Word 2007
When I open Word I get the following error: " The language DLL 'VBE6INT.DLL' could not be found Can anyone help me with this problem Open the Windows Control Panel and go to the Add/Remove Programs dialog (if you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, it's called Programs and Features). Click the Office 2007 item and choose "Change"; when the installer window opens, choose the Repair option. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may...

How do I put a unique logo into Personal Info set on MS PUB
I want to get my own unique logo. THEN I want to put it permanently into the "logo" box in the Personal Information area so that I can frequently use it. Is this doable? Lots of help here Edit a logo for a personal information set http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP030713481033.aspx?pid=CH062524721033 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Gil Fair" <gilfair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31A9934E-A6D9-4356-91FF-6B14831F2A6E@microsoft.com... >I want to get my own ...

CANNOT open document in Word 97
Was always able to open a .doc, but suddenly, I get: "Word cannot open the document...Try File, Open or ensure has .doc extension." How can I check that it has a .doc extension? And why would this suddenly occur? From where did you obtain the document that you cannot open? How are you trying to open it? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><&...

Footer size
When I set a costum footer in PageSetpup And adjust the height to 3.75 snd the width to 5 in VB height then is 270 and width is 360. What is the difference from excel to VB does excel look at it as inches and VB pixels? Is there a setting I can set Excel to match VB? ...

Dynamic Excel Charts in Word
Can I link data from columns in Excel to a pie chart in a mail merged Word document so the pie chart changes as I scroll through the entries? If this is possible, how do I do it? Any help would be appreciated, especially if my efforts are in vain. Thanks. ...

How to handle US Savings Bonds in MS Money?
Hello, I recently purchased some I Series US Savings Bonds. What is the best way to account for them within MS Money 2005? I have a couple of them in different denominations. Should I track them by serial number and list them individually? Should I lump them together? How can you account for accrued interest over time? Thanks. I'm new to adding the US Savings Bond elements to my portfolio so your help and guidance is appreciated! Matt See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=42. "Matt" <matt@matt.com> wrote in message news:vaednR0Jb4wvaufeRVn-gg@comcast.com.....