missing characters in printed copy

i created a mail merge document.
just plain text with one single image(signature on letter).

after completing/printing the job. we just realized that some characters are
missing
within the body of the letter.

i cant figure out what seems to be or root of the problem.
i tried to save the same exact document to previous version..(97-2003)
and then tried to print a couple of sheets....it looks perfect.

can somebody gave me info what may have caused that problem?

here's some additional info:
o.s. xp
word 2007
printer : canon ir110 using pcl driver
note: used the same flatform and driver to print the older version of word
doc.
which gave me  a perfect output.

im trying to figure this out after i screw up a couple of thousands worth of
job
and help us to avoid the same error in the future...
thanks again for any info or ideas regarding this matter.

Printing a brochure on letter size paper
Hello All, Does anyone know how to convert a brochure to letter size paper and have it automatically fill the sheet rather than leave space around the outside of the content? I am trying to flip the document to a pdf using "pdf creator" and the brochure appears as it would be printed on the paper with all the pages out of order. Thanks for any assistance you can provide. Are you wanting to print to the edge of the stock? This will depend on your printer's margin limitations. This article will help you determine your printer's limitation. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.a...

How to filter lower case characters in an edit control?
Hi to all, I created a class that enherits from CEdit and overrode its OnChar() message handler to intercept the entered keys and filter only those that are lower case. It also verifies if an entered key is upper case to convert it to lower case and filter it. Everything works good except the conversion from upper to lower case. The problem is that even if the OnChar() handler does convert the character to lower case, the character is still displayed in the edit box as it was entered, i.e. in upper case. Please note that if I remove the line: "nChar = tolower(nChar);", the u...

Text is added as attachment after copy and paste
Hi I am using outlook 2000 and every time I want to copy and paste text from somewhere else (e.g. browser), it adds the content as an html-page-attachment to my new mail. I just want to have it added as simple text in the mail-body regards R. Save the text in notepad or something and then Insert the file - but check the button so it inserts it as text, not just as an attachment ;-) r@gnar.de wrote: > Hi > > I am using outlook 2000 and every time I want to copy and paste text > from somewhere else (e.g. browser), it adds the content as an > html-page-attachment to my new ...

Printing LOTS of emails
I have to print a lot of emails - possibly several thousand. I have a macro that sends them to the printer, but is there a way I can read the contents and write them to a text file? I'd like them to look as much as possible like the actual printed copies do. It seems I MIGHT be able to open a text file, then write out the relevant fields, like: Open OutMail for output as 1 for each MailItem a$ = mailitem.field1 if len(a$)>0 then print #1,a$ a$=mailitem.field2 if len(a$)>0 then print #1,a$ etc. Print #1, "End of this mailitem" next Mailitem Close 1 Will this...

Formula Bar missing
I need help reappearing my formula bar. I must have pressed something that made it disappear. If I go to the “View”menu, Formula Bar has a check next to it, as if it should be showing, but I can’t see it. I tried checking and un-checking, but no where to be seen. I have two other tool bars and my status bar, that are working fine. Could anyone give me a hand with this? Thanks, I am currently using Office v. X. You may have switched "Full screen" on. To uncheck, see the View menu -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "JorgeH" <JorgeH@d...

Printing Problem with name tags converted to a new Publisher Docum
Mary Sauer, you were so helpful when you explained the Publisher "bug" to me back when I was first testing the process of creating these name tags. Now our seminar is next week and I've done the mail merge (which although looks in "print preview" like there are 6 name tags with all the same name on each page, actually print with 6 tags per page with a different name on each tag like they are supposed to). It's time for me to email this document to the person who is printing the tags. I did the mail merge and instead of "printing" I converted it t...

Changing the width of private characters
Hello! I've created a few private characters with the Private Character Editor (eudcedit.exe). Now the problem is that all characters, even if they are only a few pixels wide, have been assigned maximum width by Windows. Is it possible to change that? Thimo ...

printing/changing margins
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) After setting the margins in page setup, the print preview shows it all to be there, but when printed, it is cut off at the bottom, thus leaving a larger margin than set. Make sure that you have Office (12.2.3), OS X (10.6.2) *and* your printer driver fully updated � check the mfr's web site. It wouldn't hurt to run Disk Utility - Repair Disk Permissions after applying any updates. If you continue to experience the problem you'll need to reply with a more detailed description of the document's structure, t...

AR & AP ATB print
Great Plains 9.0 - the ATB's for AP & AR - would prefer the option of printing as portrait; not bolded; and be able to customize the colums. These are double the paper from 6.0 (we just recently ufgraded). I find these hard to read (print is small and the report is busy with all the lines and bold print) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestio...

Payables Check Printing Issues
Hello: A GP 9.0 client of ours is reporting the following two issues: (1) History is printing on the payables check stubs despite the fact that the Select Payables Checks window’s “Print Previously Applied Documents” checkbox is unchecked and (2) Multiple checks for each vendor are printing as “combined” even though the “One Check Per” selection in Select Payables Checks is selected as “Invoice”. Regular SQL maintenance on the company database is running consistently every week without error, according to the Windows App Event Viewer. Any ideas? childofthe1980s Hi, Have you...

Outlook 2007 search for special character
Hi all, How do I search for messages with <abc in the subject? Note that < is a character, I don't want it treated as a less-than operator. I don't want messages with <xabc to appear in the results, as <abc is not in <xabc. Thank you Jim If you are using Instant Search directly, then it should filter out <xabc already. If you set Instant Search to do a Subject search only, then place a double quote in front of your search query; "<abc Note, that there is no quote at the end or it won't be able to find <abcde. If you indeed do ...

HELP: Outlook downloads 3,4, now 5 copies of each email
I make Outlook 2000 use a Outlook.pst file on a separate hard disk instead of the usual C:\Documents & Settings\ folder. Everything is fine. I also TICK "Leave copy of message on server" so I always have a backup copy. Now when i format my PC and reinstall Windows & Outlook, I point to my D:\Outlook.pst and it starts using it. Then all of a sudden it starts downloading ALL my emails again. If I format my PC once again and reinstall Windows & Outlook, then Outlook starts downloading ALL my emails TWICE (there's 2 copies of each email downloaded, plus the copy I...

Missing items on Stock Count
I have a handful of items that are not showing up on my stock count entry. The items have a zero quantity on hand, item type is sales inventory, and they do not have a lot or serial number. These items have been on the stock count before. Why are they not showing up now? Do you reuse your stock counts or create them each time? Do you have multiple sites defined? It is possible that the item/site record was deleted for one or more items at one or more sites. Use the Site Maintenance screen to assign all items to all sites (it does not over-write any existing data) and try to crea...

Report Taking a Long Time to Print
I have a main report with 2 subreports in it. One of the subreports seems to be holding up the report when it comes to running and printing. When I run the query and/or report for the problem subreport it returns data within 1 minute. When I run the main report, it takes anywhere up to 5 minutes to run and about 12 minutes to print. When this subreport is removed from the main report, running and printing is under 1 minute, so I know this subreport is the problem. I had seen a post similar to this question and I tried the suggestions (removing page breaks, turning force new page ...

copy formatting?
Is there a way to copy and paste from a formatted set of cells, to an unformatted set and have the formatting copy/paste as well, so that column/row sizes adjust to be the same? Thanks Steven Shelton "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not!" --Thomas Jefferson Hi Steven With pastespecial you can also copy column width but not row height See the edit menu for PasteSpecial If you only want to copy a range to another place to view/print then you can try this Row and column width is working then http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#n...

XslCompiledTransform Load method getting "Root element is missing" XSL Compile error...???
XslCompiledTransform xslt = new XslCompiledTransform(); ASCIIEncoding encodeToByteArray = new ASCIIEncoding(); MemoryStream inputStream = new MemoryStream(); MemoryStream outputStream = new MemoryStream(); MemoryStream xslStream = new MemoryStream(); String inputString = "<foo>Hello XSL</foo>"; byte[] inputArray = encodeToByteArray.GetBytes(inputString); //write the string buffer to the stream inputStream.Write(inputArray, 0, inputString.Length); Str...

how can I print an invoice from outlook ?
Is there any way I can set up my 'orders' in outlook so that they can print out as an Invoice or packing slip? I run a small business and don't have an accounting programme at the moment. I have to manually type all the invoices from the orders I receive. I know there must be an easier way - any help gratefully received ! Or anyone recommend a small business programme which I could use? Thanks QuickBooks "Bridget" <Bridget@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8997C71D-819D-4B9D-A1DA-F9419603881E@microsoft.com... > Is there any way I can set u...

how to copy conmanclient.exe and related files to the windows folder of device
I need to debug a winCE application over the ethernet using Visual Studio. I have connected to the device over the ethernet and now need to run conmanclient2.exe and cmaccept.exe before I can start debugging. However, I don't know how to copy these files over the ethernet. Please guide me. Thankyou! -- Message posted via http://www.pocketpcjunkies.com Remote File Viewer (Visual Studio Remote Tools from your start menu) -- Luca Calligaris (MVP-Windows Embedded) lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom www.eurotech.com "amephraim via PocketPCJunkies.com" <u583...

SSN printed with extra dashes 1 time
I have a database storing soc sec numbers and names. The soc sec numbers are entered on a form with a picture clause of 000\-00\-0000;0;_ I have a report (complicated format) that grabs information from the form and prints out the Soc Sec Number. It has a picture clause of @@@-@@-@@@@ For one client and one client only, the SSN prints out 111-2-3--5555 All others print out 111-23-5555 Does anyone know why this happens. Win XP SP2 and Access 2003 system running Thanks in advance It is very probable that the SSN that has the problem already has the dashes in it or is ot...

Need help in data copying. #3
Thanks Mr. Dave. It was really helpful Regards Tom -- SMIL ----------------------------------------------------------------------- SMILE's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=488 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=25956 ...

Landscape Printing #3
Yes. We have the latest drivers. I installed this printer 3 weeks ago, and downloaded drivers from hp.com. It is network printer installed on W2K server and shared. Used by 15 users all running XP Pro. This problem is only with 2 workstations, but they are same hardware+installed in same way and same time like all workstations. What else can be wrong? ...

Copying portions of data
Is it possible to select a specific area of the worksheet using a find command (the data changes every day) and copy just that portion onto a new worksheet? Thanks Wendy Hi Wendy, If a verbal rule (or rules) can be devised to locate the area, then it is very likely that someone could aaist you with code to automate this. --- Regards, Norman "Wendy Clarkson" <wenan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:cs835v$6ag$1@hercules.btinternet.com... > Is it possible to select a specific area of the worksheet using a find > command (the data changes every day) and copy ju...

how do I copy only the contents of an email to word doc file
I'm trying to copy only the contents of an email to a word document file and the entire of the outlook page gets copied, how do I copy only the contents. I'm on XP windows On Wed, 25 May 2005 02:31:03 -1000, Angelina <Angelina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm trying to copy only the contents of an email to a word document file > and > the entire of the outlook page gets copied, how do I copy only the > contents. > I'm on XP windows Select the contents, click copy. Go to Word, click Paste. No? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote/Outlook...

Publisher will not print multiple copies, other apps do? Help!
I have tried everything I know how to do. Publisher will not print multiple copies, but other applications will. What version Publisher? Doe the print fail in all Publisher projects? Have you looked into an upgraded driver? Will Publisher print multiple copies if you change the number in the printer folder? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sidewinder" <sidewinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FBA3DCE-AE53-432E-8A7E-D6B3D6B1736A@microsoft.com... >I have tried everything I know h...

Using 'Print Preview' before Printing in IE 8
Hello. I am using Win XP Prof and IE 8. I have a hotmail message that is actually a 'chain' of emails back and forth so it is obviously more than one page but when I go into 'File, Print Preview,' it only shows 'one page' with a footer on the bottom with the rest of the emails 'cut off.' I only want to print one part of the email. Why doesn't print preview show the 'entire' email with the correct number of pages that I can 'page up' and 'page down' on. I would like to be able to 'page down' to the page I...