Losing citations and sources when using track changes and merging

Whenever I use track changes, share my documents between people, get the
multiple files back, and merge all files all my citations and sources are
lost, and it's a pain to re-enter them. What's going on?

Finding merged cells #2
Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire need of a solution... I seem to have a problem due to cells in a worksheet being merged, how can i identify these cells? Many thanks, Rick Excel version? If you have 2002 or 2003 you can use Edit, Find, Format (and specify merged cells), Find All. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "R D S" <ricknewsgroup@members.v21.co.uk> wrote in message news:385u2aF5kslgkU1@individual.net... | Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire | need of a solution... | | I seem to have a problem d...

Installing and using Office: MAC 2008 Home and Student Addition
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) My husband recently purchased a new MacBook Pro. He gave me his MacBook Air. Office Home and Student addition was installed on his old computer (MacBook Air), and was loaded on the new computer. I purchased my own copy of Office: MAC 2008 Home and Student and installed it on the MacBook Air but can't use when my husband is using his version. The product keys are obviously different, but when he's writing in Word, I cannot. The message is that two people can not use the program at once who are on the same network. What do I do so ...

Page Formatting Preferences Seem To Have Changed
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Using Word 2004 for Mac version 11.5.6 - For example, I cannot make one line align center with Georgia font and then drop a couple of lines and switch to left alignment and Arial font. Whatever change I make, whether what I am seeking to change is highlighted or not, the entire document changes. <br><br>This used to work fine so it seems like a preference must have changed but I can't figure out how to change it back. Really, really appreciate some advice! Thanks!! You have mistakenly enabled &qu...

Sales tax tracking for AP
We need to track Sales tax for our AP expenses such that the expense (purchases) includes the Sales tax. If we use the GP Tax engine and enter the sales tax in the tax field of the invoice, it puts the sales tax in a separate Tax accrual account. We don't want the tax to be posted to a separate tax account but want to include it in our expense account. But we also want the ability to track the sales tax for each invoice/vendor & review it thru reports or smartlist Is there a way to do this? Thanks There should be a couple options for you. 1) Remove the separate tax account in t...

How to change pivot table source database?
How can I change the source database for a pivot table in an Excel spreadsheet. Our database server has been changed and when I create a new dsn pointing to the correct server, I get an error message indicating that the query on the old server is still trying to be used. Thanks, Steve This should work for you (?) Open the pivot table and click on it. Menu - Data/Pivot Table report. Click the Back button on the Wizard dialog that appears and connect t the new data source -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

How do I generate random, non-repeating numbers that don't change?
I'm setting up a spreadsheet that tracks names and generates random, non-repeating four-digit ID#'s. Is it possible in Excel 2000? The usual way to generate non repeating random numbers is to make a complete list of the possible numbers use =RAND() in and adjacent column, then sort both columns by that auxiliary column and read of the desired number of values from the first column. Jerry bsquared0 wrote: > I'm setting up a spreadsheet that tracks names and generates random, > non-repeating four-digit ID#'s. Is it possible in Excel 2000? ...

Merging Excel Sheet with Excel Sheet (Just like in MS Word!)
Hi everyone, Purpose: create classroom roster between one Excel spreadsheet as data source and another excel sheet. I know how to use one excel spreadsheet as a data source to merge with another word document; however, by using this method, I found that the link between the files keep dropping from time to time, especially when the folder has been moved around. I'm thinking of creating the same layout of the Word document in another Excel spreadsheet and somehow "LINK" the data source and the other spreadsheet together, but I'm not sure how, or whether thi...

how to change default delivery location to my new pst file
dear all. my user has outlook 2000 sp3 running on windows 2000. i have change the default delivery location to my new pst file in account manager, but it did not work, new email is delivered to old pst file. do you have any idea on resolving this issue?? Try renaming the old .pst to .old and then retry it when Outlook is opened - point it to the new .pst file. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, sf= asked: | dear al...

Cell text color change
I'm trying to get the text color in a cell to change (to red) if the formula in that cell produces a value above a certain ammount... Could this be done? Look at Format>Conditional Formatting -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Steffen" <Steffen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC53FC5B-81DD-4872-BDCF-A56B42C24159@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to get the text color in a cell to change (to red) if the formula > in that cell produces a value above a certain ammount... > > Could this be done? ...

Mail merge & Publisher #2
When I try to choose a source for the mail merge and I choose a data base file that is a Microsoft Excel comma seperated value file or a Microsoft Excel worksheet. I always get a window that pops up that says... "This operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failures. Please try Again later." Any help would be really appreciated. See if updating your MDAC components and Jet helps Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 SP1 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=78cac895-efc2-4f8e-a9e0-3a1afbd5922e&DisplayLang=en Jet 4.0 Servi...

Is there a way to change the effective date on EFT transmit files?
I'm trying to determine if there is a way to adjust the effective date that is located on the transmit file for EFT file transmissions. Our transmit files show the current date as the effective date for our batches. We'd like to see a day or 2 later. I believe the location of this "effective date" is between characters 70 and 75 on the 5 record (company/batch header for all entries). ...

Need help with using a bar graph in a report
I have a report that separates information about representatives by manager. I need the graphs to give a quick summary on a few stats from each rep but only show for that manager's team and not all information. For example: Manager A has RepA, RepB, and RepC under him. Each rep has Aux1, Aux2, Aux3 information which needs to be displayed. My goal is to show Manager A with his Reps A,B, and C of their Aux1, 2, and 3. Then, under the next manager Header I want Manager B to show Rep D, E, and F with their Aux1, 2, and 3 information. Etc thru Manager G. Please help... Th...

how to find used region with macro
Hi, sorry if this obvious or has been asked recently. I have a macro that goes through all rows and all columns in a selection. If a row or a column is hidden, the font of that row or column is changed. A friend wants to use the macro in a Workbook with many sheets. He asked if I could change it so that he does not need to do a selection on every sheet before he runs it. I imagine that a nested loop through all rows and all columns will take a long time? I�ve tried to figure out how to get the range defined by the last row and the last column filled with data. First I tried with Current...

Emails randomly being tracked
Hi All, We are experiencing a very frustrating problem with our CRM 3 installation. We have the CRM for Outlook client (v3) installed on all of the pc's used by our CRM users. All users are set to track email one way (the setting to make only one task for mail between users). We are tracking only CRM token emails by default. We have the outlook rule freshly deployed to all users after checking the correct operation and config of the client. However, every so often (about one in every few hundred emails) an email will be automatically tracked in crm for absolutely no apparent reason...

Change theme colors in Excel
Working in the Excel 2010 Beta version, but I think it's the same in 2007... How can I change the theme and/or standard colors? I can find the colors I want with "more colors" but I have to add to recent colors EACH time I use Excel. Any way to change default settings for the color palette? ...

How to disable triggers for changes made by specific session?
Hi, We have built an SSIS custom destination component that uses SQL Server native OLEDB provider to perform INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE on an SQL Server destination table. We want the target database trigger not to be activated for changes made through this custom component. In addition: * The triggers on the target cannot be disabled as they are needed for other users of the target. * The triggers code can't be changed to conditionally do nothing within the trigger. We couldn’t see any option in OLE DB for disabling triggers for a particular OLE DB connection or command. Is t...

Prevent functions from changing when new rows are added
I have a worksheet configured as a timesheet, where each row represents a task performed. For any given day, I track the task(s) performed and the hours spent on each task, and there are many functions in the worksheet. The worksheet contains the following columns: Column A: blank column (not used for anything). Column B: series of dates (with a blank row in between each date). Column C: tasks performed, manually entered. Column D: hours worked on the task. Column E: hours worked for the week. There's a function in each cell where, if it's Sunday, a sum of the week's...

Publisher Mail Merge via DDE?
I usually use Word for my mail merges, in which I connect to my data source via DDE. I am merging a lot of numbers with special formatting (percentages and dollars) and need to retain that formatting in my document. I need to use Publisher for one of my documents, but there does not appear to be an option to connect to my Excel spreadsheet via DDE. So, the formatting on my numbers is all screwed up. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance! I found an answer to my own question in a previous post: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.publisher/browse_thread/thread/1afe33ff0644c701/b0...

Parameter Query using date ranges
I am creating a parameter query where I want to pull data between 2 dates. In the date criteria of my query, if I write between #01/01/2008# and #01/31/2008# +1, I will get all data for January. If I use a form to enter the dates and have Between [Forms]![autoexec]![start] And [Forms]![autoexec]![end] +1 in the date criteria, I get an error. Does anyone know what I should put in the criteria to make the query work? Are you entering your dates as m/d/y? What happens if you try: DateAdd("d", 1, [Forms]![autoexec]![end]) Is the form open? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access...

Changing default font for all comments
Can I change the default font for all comments in a worksheet? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments02.html#Default -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "abbylulu2" <abbylulu2@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8DEB7970-21EA-45B3-98C4-209E56F315BE@microsoft.com... > Can I change the default font for all comments in a worksheet? ...

why do pictures and text change size on printing?
making birthday card , which i have done many times, but when trying to print, the pictures and text are reducing in size from 168% to 99% . what am i now doing wrong ? ...

Can't open database window using shift key...
Hi there, I have an Access database that I distribute to my client on CDROM. The start up options of the database are set so that the database window is not visible to the users. When the database is updgraded the database manager copies it from the CDROM to the relavant PC and then uses the shift key on opening in order to display the database window and link to the tables in the existing back-end. This procedure has been done many many times without a problem... BUT last week he found that holding down the shift key whilst opening the database no longer opened the database window and leave...

Mail Merge from Access with datasource being a password protected
I have an Access application distributed to users of Office 2003 and Office 2007 via a runtime front end. The application needs to trigger a Mail Merge which will use query results in back end, which is protected by a password. I have coded in VB to cope with this in an Office 2007 environment - but when running with Office 2003 Word is asking for the data source when initially opening the mail merge document from Accesss; when opened directly it does not ask for the data source and when responding with "No" to the SQL prompt it opens fine. Can anyone help? My code...

lead source field not populating during import
I added more choises to the lead source pull down. Restarted IIS. When I go into CRM they show up fine and I can choose them for a new lead. However I am importing leads (using Scribe) and I cannot get this field to populate. If I assign the number value associated with each pull down choice I get the number in that field. If I put nothing in that field to import when I go into CRM only the original choices for the pull downs are there, not the ones I added. I know I published them because I can see them if I'm just adding a lead from within CRM Any suggestions anyone. Hi...

Suggestion for using CStringArray with Unicode, mulit-byte, ATL &
Hi, I couldn't find the "development" group so i chose this one. I am trying to bring some code that has the CStringArray in it from a Multi-Byte project into a Unicode project and I keep getting errors I cannot resolve. Scenario: Project type: DLL Use MCF: Shared DLL Use ATL: Not using ATL Min CRT Use in ATL: No Char set: Unicode added afxcoll.h to stdafx.h as suggested elsewhere #include <afxcoll.h> #include "resource.h" #include <atlbase.h> #include <atlcom.h> I get the following error; Error 247 error LNK2005: _DllMain@12 already defined in Te...