incorrect product key???

I don't understand why when entering in the product key, which is located at
the bottom of my new laptop, it says it is invalid? I type it in several
times hoping for the next time to be the last, but it never ends. It says
that the program is preinstalled and I do not want to waste money in calling
someone or going out to buy the prduct when I can simply fix it. Could I
lease get some help, I really need Microsoft Word 2007 for my college papers.

The product key on the bottom of your laptop is for Windows, not Word or
Office. If Office 2007 came installed on your laptop and you did not
explicitly pay for it, then it is a free trial version that has doubtless
expired. You now have to pay to get a retail version. If you actually have a
retail version, then the key will be on the packaging somewhere or, if you
bought it online, in the email you received with your order.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Allyson" <Allyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I don't understand why when entering in the product key, which is located
>at
> the bottom of my new laptop, it says it is invalid? I type it in several
> times hoping for the next time to be the last, but it never ends. It says
> that the program is preinstalled and I do not want to waste money in
> calling
> someone or going out to buy the prduct when I can simply fix it. Could I
> lease get some help, I really need Microsoft Word 2007 for my college
> papers.

0
Suzanne
5/31/2010 9:40:47 PM
On May 31, 4:37=A0pm, Allyson <Ally...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I don't understand why when entering in the product key, which is located=
 at
> the bottom of my new laptop, it says it is invalid? I type it in several
> times hoping for the next time to be the last, but it never ends. It says
> that the program is preinstalled and I do not want to waste money in call=
ing
> someone or going out to buy the prduct when I can simply fix it. Could I
> lease get some help, I really need Microsoft Word 2007 for my college pap=
ers.

Allyson -

Suzanne is correct, and few understand that Microsoft has separate
licenses for each of the many hundred products it offers.  If you are
trying to finish youir college papers, you probably have a   .edu
email address and can get the best LEGAL deal available to any non-
business user on MS office.  Type     Ultimate Steal    in to your
browser's search bar and select one of the links to Microsoft that
starts out   www.microsoft.com/student/       ( sometimes it is a good
idea to skip the sponsored links at the top...)  For $60 you get one
of the best versions of Office as a download so you can be finishing
your paper within an hour or so. This is a full and valid copy you can
keep and transfer to other PC's over time, so save (and back up) the
download file and the license key they e-mail to you.  Better yet, you
will qualify for a free upgrade to Office 2010 later this summer!

If you are absolutely tapped out (Like my college age daughter always
seems to be) you can download Open Office from www.openoffice.org
which should be able to open your files and you can finish them.
You'll have to learn their way of laying out menus, etc. and there may
be some formatting issues or other problems with opening an Office
2007 file, depending on how fancy your papers are laid out, but this
should get you through finals.   Then scrounge the funds for the
Ultimate Steal - the version they provide will in all liklihood be far
better (is more complete - does more things) than what was preloaded
on your PC anyway!
0
Bruce

Callouts fire incorrectly for some entities
Hi, For some Entities (SalesOrder, Quote and likely others) update callouts fire when opening the record in the MS Crm Application. Obviously that is not expected behavior. Only if changes were made to the record in question and subsequently saved would one expect a callout. If anyone has found any documentation on this bug, or figured out a workaround, please could you post it here? Best Regards Thomas Scheelhardt ...

Adding lots of new products quickly
At the moment adding simple products (name, alias and price) is quite slow as each bit of information is in a different tab. Is there any way that I can add products in a spreadsheet, worksheet or excel/text file mode? All I'd like is a name, lookup, and price columns. This would make adding new products 10 times faster and easier. Cheers Contact your RMS Partner and ask for the QSImport tool. If they don't know what you are talking about then you bought from the wrong company. If they can't give it to you post back. Rob "jetspeed" wrote: > At the moment add...

Percentage Incorrect In Pie Chart
I have a pie chart very simple Calculation is A1= 19 (# of inmates Re-Offended) B1 = 65 (# of Inmates Have NO Re-Offended) 19/65 = .292307692 Pie chart should show 29% have Re-offended and 71 % have not Re-Offended But it shows 23% Have Reoffended and 77% have NOT Re-Offended. What is going on? WHat am I doing wrong? This should be so simple. HELP!!! Your total number of inmates is 84. 19 of 84 inmates (22.6%) have re-offended. 65 of 84 inmates (77.4%) of no re-offended. Gladys wrote: > I have a pie chart very simple > Calculation is > A1= 19 (# of inmates Re-Offended) &g...

I have a product key for SBE that allows me to install on Server 2
Microsoft gave me a new product key so that I could install the small business edition of the crm on to server 2003. The number of licensed users is still 10. So is there any reason I can't have both the crm and server 2003 on the same server? I know that if I was installing the professional ed of the crm, microsoft does not recommend housing both the crm and server 2003 on the same server. ...

Incorrect values in cost tracker
I am using the cost tracker to track clothing expenses. The amounts reflected in tracker seem to capture only expenses, but not returns. Hence the amounts are always off (we return a lot of stuff!). In reports, I can select to include payments or expenses or both, but I don't see any options for the expense tracker. Any ideas how to fix this? ...

POS Function Keys #2
Does anybody know a way to change the POS Function keys psition. I want to place all commonly used functions on th emain POS Screen. For example I want to move the Sales Rep function (Shift F8) to the Main POS screen in place of Calculator (F3). K, This has been asked a zillon times. No, the best you can do is to hide some function keys you don't want through security and/or get a keyboard with custom keys and use them instead. -- = Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file att...

Inventory valuation is incorrect
My client uses Average Perpetual valuation for their inventory. They have brought several items to zero, then received additional items. GP is still averaging this, even though there were no items when they purchased the new inventory. Shouldn't the current cost be what the new inventory cost and not include the cost from inventory that has already been sold? Thank you for any help with this. Tracey D Tracey, I would look at the Purchase Receipts report for the items in question to analyze the inflows and outflows. This may help uncover the issue(s). Frank Hamell...

Make Table Query
How do you add (in run-time) primary key and indexing to a table (during creation or after creation) when it has been created through a make-table query? Either from a designed query or VBA SQL statement. ...

Incorrect Opening Balance
On our Trial Balance report closing balances for one year does not agree with opening balances of the next. The latter is $0 while the previous closing was not $0. Is there a fix for this? Thanks Noyb, If the accounts are revenue or expense accounts this is normal behaviour. Those accounts are closed at year-end and the net balance is transferred to a retained earnings account. If the accounts are Balance Sheet accounts, that is assets, liabilities, or equity, then you have a huge problem. Likely, they were miss-classified on set up and the system has them as P&L accounts instead of B...

Tab key won't create tab spaces
I recently moved from Word 2003 to Word 2007. All my previous files using forms that were set up for users to tab through for ease of filling out information transfered over to word 2007 with this same functionality. However, now I am unable to create tab spaces using the tab key in these files. In Word 2003 I simply turned off this setting through tools->options. I do have a work around using <CTRL><TAB> to insert a tab space, however I would like know how to restore the normal functionality of the tab key for editing documents, and then use the protection fea...

Access 2007 start page: featured online templates incorrectly displayed
Hello I'm running Vista 64bit with 8G ram dual processor AMD 6000+ I've installed and uninstalled office 2007/SP1 to fix an issue with the start page in Access 2007. On the page titled Getting started with Microsoft Office Access, the templates appearing under "featured online templates" are only visible as truncated text without the associated icon i.e. Per Cus Tim son t... e... al.... Still able to download the template, just the display is incorrect. All other templates appear to behave normally. The box at the bottom of the screen is somewhat greyed o...

Question about Win 2003 R2 OEM license key
I installed Win 2003 R2 with a used OEM license key and media. Obvious it cannot be activated with this key. I asked the vendor to get a new license key. What the vendor told me is even I get the new license key, I will need to re-install Win 2003 with the media it shippes! Is this true? My believe is as long as it is unused new OEM license, I can just put the key in, even the Win 2003 is installed with a media that tagged with a different license key. Am I right here? Sorry--you have landed in a MacWord newsgroup. You'll need to find a Windows newsgroup to ask your question. http:...

Append Query Key Violation
MS Office 2003 I am not a programmer I want to append record from tblContactsV1 to tblPatientV1. tblContactsV1 has autonumber primary key; tblPatientV1 has a single primary key (Chartnumber). I assume this is why record does not append "key violation." If that is cause of key violation, how can I best correct? Thanks Show us the structure of both tables -- field names, data types, and which ones are primary key in each. Is there a foreign key in tblPatientV1 that is related back to the primary key in tblContactsV1? -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "sh...

Setting Discounts for Individual Products?
I'm confused as ever - I'm looking at the Settings- >Product Catalog->Discounts List section, and completely understand how to create a discount, etc. But how do I apply a specific discount to a specific product? For example, I want Discount A to apply to Product B, and Discount B to apply to Product C, but have no discount for Product A... Thanks! NM - found it in price lists. Although I must admit, the entire product structure for the CRM seems rather confusing... Anyone else? David >-----Original Message----- >I'm confused as ever - I'm looking at ...

Incorrect dept in budget plan
When I create a new budget plan the stated dept is always much higher in the current month. I have gone and reset the dept reduction plan via tools/options/planner however when viewing the current month the budgeted dept is always much higher than what it actually is supposed to be. If I view the next upcoming month it is correct. Any thoughts? PAV The budget is inconsistent in the first month - if the budget period is in operation (i.e. this month) then I wouldn't rely on the figures you see. If you want to make it accurate, then really you should be using 'reallocate funds...

Add Multiple Manufacturers to Product Catalog
Hi, I'm setting up CRM 3.0 for a company that acts as a broker or middleman for many manufacturers. In most cases they create quotes which contain products from 4 - 6 manufacturers. How do you suggest the product catalog be created so we can create quotes and track sales history? Thanks, Terry McCullagh Terry wrote: > Hi, > > I'm setting up CRM 3.0 for a company that acts as a broker or middleman for > many manufacturers. In most cases they create quotes which contain products > from 4 - 6 manufacturers. How do you suggest the product catalog be created > so w...

Microsoft CRM 1.2 License key
Hi Support We just purchase new Microsoft CRM 1.2 OPEN license with the media CD for my customer. I order to setup require Organization Name "Adventure Works Cycle" + license "key" (MSDN). For my customer OPEN license purchase how do I register my customer Organization Name and get CRM 1.2 license key? Thank You If you have an open license login to eopen then go to help and choose licensing MS Business solutions and follow the instructions >-----Original Message----- >Hi Support > >We just purchase new Microsoft CRM 1.2 OPEN license with the media C...

XP product key on netbook label almost unreadable
Hi all, I am about to reset an XP netbook back to factory settings. Unfortunately the license key printed on the label on the base has two or three of letters that are not very clear. I ran the Jelly key finder and found the key in the registry. Unfortunately it does not match the key on the label which leads me to believe that it is the manufacturer's 'multiple machine' XP key. Can I use this to re-install XP on this netbook? If not what happens if I can't correctly guess the missing letters on the label? : I ran the Jelly key finder and found th...

Account Transaction Report Incorrect
I use MM2007 Premium. When I go to the report section>Account Transactions>Previous Year the Amount column is correct but the Running Balance is not correct. You can see the correct balances if you go to the account. Any ideas! In microsoft.public.money, Dick Bell wrote: >I use MM2007 Premium. When I go to the report section>Account >Transactions>Previous Year the Amount column is correct but the Running >Balance is not correct. You can see the correct balances if you go to the >account. Any ideas! > Try these: File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepa...

Incorrect share price downloads
Why is it that the share prices downloaded into Money differ - at times - signifcant from other share price providers (e.g. Yahoo, ADVFN, Bloomberg). I'm not referring to timing delays here. I'm talking about a share dropping 5 pence and Money showing a 10 pence drop (despite all other services show a maximum intraday fall of 5 pence). At other a share does not move all day and Money manages to go up/down one or two pence. Any thoughts? Many thanks Grahame ...

Incorrect Actual Amounts in Project Tracking
I am using version 7.5 When I am running reports in reports-project-projects in progress cost category I am getting incorrect actual total costs amounts and in the earnings column there are amounts that are added on to the actual costs. I don't know why it would be doing this? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ...

F-15 key
I am a newbie, Since there are only F1 to F12 key on the keyboard, what keys do you press for F-13, F-14 etc? THANKS. What do you expect Outlook to do with those keys? There is nothing exclusive about a function that is assigned to any function key. There are usually other ways to do the same via either CTRL, ALT, SHIFT combination with other keys or directly via the interface with a mouse. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ R...

Top 10 articles by Product
How do we set up the KB to assoicate articles to Products? I see clearly how this is done for subjects. And we are using subjects kind of like call types on the case form and this is working well. But I want to be able to associate KB articles to products without having to create a subject for each product. Hi Heather, the products in consideration are the "Case Products". So if you associate a product with a case AND a KB with the same case, "Top 10 articles by Product" would be able to find the top 10 KB articles related to the selected product in all your ca...

Schema Pri Key and Dataset
I am using a dataset that I fill with XML data. When I try and use the Dim curRow As DataRow = dtGalleries.Rows.Find(GalleryId) I keep getting an error that the primary key doesn’t exist. I have the key defined in the XML schema, but when I fill the data set it doesn’t seem to realize it. So I have to add the constraint to use the Find method every time. Am I not declaring the key correctly? Or is this just something I will have to live with. Here is the schema for the field and key: <xs:element name="GalleryId" msdata:AutoIncrement="true" type="xs:int"...

How can I track batch numbers of products sold?
I need to track batch numbers of products sold and had expected to simply add a one-to-many custom entity under the order product entity. However it seems that you cannot create relationships between Order Product and - well - anything! Is this a system limitation, and can anyone suggest a workaround? Thanks! On Apr 18, 10:50 pm, BillB <B...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to track batch numbers of products sold and had expected to simply add > a one-to-many custom entity under the order product entity. > > However it seems that you cannot create relationshi...