incorrect product key???

I don't understand why when entering in the product key, which is located at
the bottom of my new laptop, it says it is invalid? I type it in several
times hoping for the next time to be the last, but it never ends. It says
that the program is preinstalled and I do not want to waste money in calling
someone or going out to buy the prduct when I can simply fix it. Could I
lease get some help, I really need Microsoft Word 2007 for my college papers.

The product key on the bottom of your laptop is for Windows, not Word or
Office. If Office 2007 came installed on your laptop and you did not
explicitly pay for it, then it is a free trial version that has doubtless
expired. You now have to pay to get a retail version. If you actually have a
retail version, then the key will be on the packaging somewhere or, if you
bought it online, in the email you received with your order.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Allyson" <Allyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I don't understand why when entering in the product key, which is located
>at
> the bottom of my new laptop, it says it is invalid? I type it in several
> times hoping for the next time to be the last, but it never ends. It says
> that the program is preinstalled and I do not want to waste money in
> calling
> someone or going out to buy the prduct when I can simply fix it. Could I
> lease get some help, I really need Microsoft Word 2007 for my college
> papers.

0
Suzanne
5/31/2010 9:40:47 PM
On May 31, 4:37=A0pm, Allyson <Ally...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I don't understand why when entering in the product key, which is located=
 at
> the bottom of my new laptop, it says it is invalid? I type it in several
> times hoping for the next time to be the last, but it never ends. It says
> that the program is preinstalled and I do not want to waste money in call=
ing
> someone or going out to buy the prduct when I can simply fix it. Could I
> lease get some help, I really need Microsoft Word 2007 for my college pap=
ers.

Allyson -

Suzanne is correct, and few understand that Microsoft has separate
licenses for each of the many hundred products it offers.  If you are
trying to finish youir college papers, you probably have a   .edu
email address and can get the best LEGAL deal available to any non-
business user on MS office.  Type     Ultimate Steal    in to your
browser's search bar and select one of the links to Microsoft that
starts out   www.microsoft.com/student/       ( sometimes it is a good
idea to skip the sponsored links at the top...)  For $60 you get one
of the best versions of Office as a download so you can be finishing
your paper within an hour or so. This is a full and valid copy you can
keep and transfer to other PC's over time, so save (and back up) the
download file and the license key they e-mail to you.  Better yet, you
will qualify for a free upgrade to Office 2010 later this summer!

If you are absolutely tapped out (Like my college age daughter always
seems to be) you can download Open Office from www.openoffice.org
which should be able to open your files and you can finish them.
You'll have to learn their way of laying out menus, etc. and there may
be some formatting issues or other problems with opening an Office
2007 file, depending on how fancy your papers are laid out, but this
should get you through finals.   Then scrounge the funds for the
Ultimate Steal - the version they provide will in all liklihood be far
better (is more complete - does more things) than what was preloaded
on your PC anyway!
0
Bruce

Retrieving a message incorrectly forwarded
Dear all Is it possible to retrieve an email that was sent in error to a person, without them receiving/opening it? Any assistance will be welcomed. Regards, AE Short answer, without knowing anything about your setup: no. Message Recall is available only if you use Exchange Server, sent to another Exchange mailbox, and a very specific set of circumstances was met... Andrew wrote: > Dear all > > Is it possible to retrieve an email that was sent in error to a > person, without them receiving/opening it? > > Any assistance will be welcomed. > > Regards, > > AE ...

Reading unicode keys from keyboard
Hi! In our application we need to read the unicode keypresses as we support multiple languages. The Form keypress event does not return unicode keycodes. Is there any way of reading the last pressed key ? For example using API ? Then we could put this code in the For Keypress event, and find the correct unicode keycode. We using this to output the correct unicode letters using 3rd party controls. David David De Bono submitted this idea : > Hi! > > In our application we need to read the unicode keypresses as we support > multiple languages. > &...

Ten Key
I use spread sheets for many projects and find it much efficient to use the numbers like a ten key adding machine rather than the numbers on top. Have not been abil to accomplish this. Very frustrating. Take a look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html In article <616B6935-930B-492E-B827-B140CDE7E0E8@microsoft.com>, "planojo" <planojo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I use spread sheets for many projects and find it much efficient to use the > numbers like a ten key adding machine rather than the numbers on top. Have > not bee...

Product Decimals Supported
Hello, How can I increase the Decimals Supported for Product Costs from 4 to 6 ? Thank you Athan Hi Athan, the product costs decimals supported are maximum 4. -- Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan) Program Manager Microsoft Dynamics - CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. "Athan" <AthanP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1151419982.596618.221810@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > How can I increase the Decimals Supported ...

Move products to other price list
I need to move some products to another price list in the same time. How I can do it? ...

Ten calendar harm one of the products
Ten calendar harm one of the products www.laptop-battery-inc.co.uk/spy-pen.htm ...

Some help on Product Keys
Hi, i'm getting a iBook for my 16th birthday in October, which should have Microsoft Office 30-day Test Drive installed. I have a retail copy of Microsoft Office Student and Teacher Edition which I have installed on my Windows XP PC. According to the EULA and on the box, I can install the software on up to 2 additional computers. Is there a way, where I can activate the test drive to the Student and Teacher Edition and use my existing CD key, instead of having to buy another copy of S&T for Mac at a price of =A3109.99 and using that CD key? All help is appreciated Thank You Asil...

Product Key Problem
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have been following Diane MVP discussion re Entering a Product key&quot; but may it may have closed out with her having resolved the problem; hence 'new' question. <br><br>I have had MSO 2008 running fine on my iMac (updated to 12.1.0) and my new MBPro(Core i5 10.6.3) - that was until I attempted to update it further on my laptop. Having downloaded the updates 12.1.5 through to 12.2.4, it continually comes up with &quot;this version does not recognise your Product ID&quot;. <br><br>I ...

Adding Products and Services to Vendors
I am new to Money. I have been frustrated by the fact that there was no user manual provided and searching through the Knowledge Base has not produced any results. My question is basic action that I am trying to do. I am beginning to use Money 2003 Deluxe for setting up a small business. I have been successful in setting up my Vendor Lists. However, every Product and Service that I add goes to the first vendor on the list. How do you add Products and Services to other vendors on the list? Thanks for any help that you can provide. ...

Product Configurator forms, Best way to code?
I'm building product configurator forms. There are 6 subforms, each one dedicated to a product line that have 35 or so options each. I'm using the visible property to show or hide various controls depending on the product selected. Then depending on the those options chosen more controls appear or become enabled depending on the selections. I'm using "OnGotFocus" to hide or show controls and then an IIF Statement in the "OnCurrent" of the form to to check the fields in the table to display previously entered configurations correctly. IF Field1 = 1 Then Co...

Portfolio Manager reports incorrect account value
Hi all, I just installed money and used it to get my info from fidelity. It got all of my positions correctly. However, when I'm in Portfolio Manager under cash reserves it shows a zero value (Fidelity Cash Reserves). Also at the bottom of all of my positions, it list cash and shows a negative balance. This means my account value is not showing up correctly. If I add the value of the positions, the amount not shown in cash reserves and the negative value shown under cash, this equals my true account value. Am I doing something wrong? How do I get Money to show my actual accout valu...

Tax report incorrectly shows capital gains in tax deferred account
There does not seem to be a pattern to this. When I pull up a tax-related transactions report, activity for some tax deferred accounts (IRA, 401k, 403b) is shown as investment income while activity from other tax deferred accounts is not. By activity, I mean capital gains distributions and dividends on mutual funds. I would prefer that no activity from tax deferred accounts is shown in this report because that is what is correct, and it would be more beneficial for tax planning purposes. All retirement accounts are designated as retirement accounts in the account setup. Also, the r...

Updated Office 2010 ProPlus Key
As per the message on the TechNet home page, I updated the license key for my installation of Office 2010 ProPlus. Everything seems to be fine, but in the backstage|help -- there are two notices of product activation above the "About Microsoft xxxx" info: Product Activated ....................................... Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 This product contains Microsoft Access .... This notice appears twice above the "About" section Is this normal behavior? Is there a way to uninstall the first product key? Thanks, Howie Yep. Open...

Says wrong product key, but it is the correct key
I have had this trial version for about a year and I just tried to install it (Visio 2003) but I keep getting a "wrong prduct key, please uninstall and reinstall with correct key" ...

HQ Client Product Key
I originally installed HQ Administrator, Manager, Server, and Client on the same machine. I entered the product key in the client and then relaized I didn't need the client on that machine but on a different one. I uninstalled HQ client and installed it on a different machine. Now when I go into HQ client it tells me that the product key has already been used and I need to purchase a new one. Why do I get this message when I have uninstalled the original install? Can someone please let me know how I can get past this? Thanks, Jocelyn You should be able to register via Phone,...

One touch key for tendering in RMS
I have a client who wants to have faster tendering at the POS. In RMS, you have to select tender (f12) and enter the payment in the tender field. My client wants a one touch key (cash for example) that when they press it, it will tender the sale. They want to remove the steps and have one touch to complete the transaction. Can we do this in RMS? Can we create a custom button for cash, etc? Any other suggestions? Thanks- Andrea Make sure that Cash is the first Tender type. Create a Macro that does this: 1. Ctrl-F3 to create Macro 2. Press 'F12' 3. Press '+' on Numeric Ke...

Product information number/set up
I bought Publisher 2000 years ago. My case broke and I threw it a way. Forgetting the product information number was opn there. I then looked it up in the help section and the only numbers they give are 20 digits instead of 25. How can I install Publisher on my other computer with out buying another publisher? -- Sharron Williams, Founder THe Mile Hi Millionaires Club aka: Success partners International Download and run Belarc Advisor it will give you the key on the machine it's installed on...do this before you uninstall Pub from your old machine (duh). Print out the results it wi...

Getting primary/foreign keys and referenced tables and columns
OK, I've been wrestling with this for a while; time to ask for help. I need a query (SQL 2005/2008) that, given a table name, will return the column information for that table as shown in SSMS (schema name, table name, column name, if it's a primary or foreign key; AND, additionally, if it is a foreign key - the referenced table and column that contains the primary key). I have been able to put together a query to get primary keys and one to get the foreign keys, but unable to pull it all together with the inclusion of the reference information for foreign keys! Any h...

Is there a registry key to specify the idle time before tracking info is processed?
Hello, In Outlook, read receipts and delivery notifications are processed in idle time, which seems to be about 1-2 minutes. Anyone know if a registry key specifies the exact idle time? We're looking to reduce it, like to zero if feasible! Thanks, - Alan. How did you come to this conclusion? Receipts are processed immediately = when using Exchange. Perhaps you need to specify your environment. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Alan asked: | Hello, |=20 | In Outlook, read receipts and de...

WM_KEYDOWN function keys
Hi, I try to handle function keys myself (and not use the accelerator keys). I do this by handling WM_KEYDOWN in my CWinApp derived class. However, now I handling my Fi function, no matter if Fi, Ctrl+Fi, Alt+Fi or Shift+Fi is pressed... how do I properly distinguish? Should I use a different message or function? Regards, Sander Verhagen [ Verhagen@nonono.Sander.com ] On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 18:03:50 +0200, "Sander Verhagen" <Verhagen@nonono.Sander.com> wrote: >Hi, > > >I try to handle function keys myself (and not use the accelerator keys). > >I ...

Publisher product key missing
I originally purchased the XP Office Pro package w/ Publisher that was already installed. I recently had to re-install my OS and Office Pro pkg. For some reason the Publisher CD does not ahve a product key with it. How (Who?) do I contact re: verifying that it is an original and get it back on my system? Bradley in VT wrote: > I originally purchased the XP Office Pro package w/ > Publisher that was already installed. I recently had to > re-install my OS and Office Pro pkg. For some reason the > Publisher CD does not ahve a product key with it. How > (Who?) do I contact re: ...

auto show a line on a chart by clicking on a legend key
when you hover a line on a line chart it tells you the legend key and value that it relates to. Can the opposite be done i.e. hover or click on the legend key and it will show you the plotted line on the chart? -- PBG - UK ...

Vlookup icw =product()
Hi, Can someone tell me which formula to use for the following command: I would like to lookup a certain name in another sheet and subsequently take the PRODUCT of the range of the numbers stated after this name. For example: find RNNF in sheet1 (column A)....say this is cell A1....... and take =PRODUCT() of values in B1:Z1 I tried =VLOOKUP(RNNF,'Performance Funds'! A1:A31,PRODUCT(1+'Performance Funds'!B:Z)-1,0) but no luck;-( Thanks a lot!!!! Rgds, Robert Hi Robert, =PRODUCT(INDIRECT("B"&MATCH("RNNF",A1:A3,0)&":Z"&MATCH("R...

Product Catalog Ques
Hello Everyone, I am in process to setup product catalog under CRM. We are hosting company and we charge initial setup fees to our customers. Below is our sample package which we sell to our customers. Our Package Details: Package Name: Silver Hosting Package Setup Fee: $100 Recurring Fee: Monthly: $15 Qty: $45 Yearly: $140 Our customer can opt-in for any billing term. 1. Automatic Reminder to customer on term expiry (before 30, 15 days) 2. Create Invoice automatically if Customer doesn't cancel Hosting Contract. I am wondering how can we achieve this? I would appreciate any help!...

We need to be able to import PRODUCTS!
To be able to migrate from an existing CRM I need to be able to import more than just contact info. Thousand of products can not be effectively key in without error. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Ne...