I am having trouble in copying a text between word documents

I am  having trouble in copying a text from a  word document to another word
document. I mark the desired text and press ctrl-c in one document and then
go to the other document and press ctrl-v and nothing happens ! I can copy a
text between a word document and a notepad and then, between the notepad and
the word document, but never between word documents !
The trouble started when I tried to copy from a message in outlook (where I
use the word as editor) to a word document and it didn't work ! It is funny
because I can copy texts to the subject area of the mail message, but not the
to the message area ! I tried to use plain text instead of microsoft word,
but the problem remains the same ! I can see the text in the clipboard, but
it simply doesn't get copied to the document or to the mail message ! Could
anyone help me ?Thanks Marcia

What you are seeing indicates a poorly designed add-in that is interfering
with copy/paste operations in Word. Did you install something recently?

To confirm that the issue is being caused by VBA code, try the following
troubleshooting step: Start Word in Safe mode (hold Ctrl as you start the
application, and choose to start in Safe mode when asked). Can you now copy
and paste properly in Word?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Marcia Sa" <Marcia Sa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am  having trouble in copying a text from a  word document to another
>word
> document. I mark the desired text and press ctrl-c in one document and
> then
> go to the other document and press ctrl-v and nothing happens ! I can copy
> text between a word document and a notepad and then, between the notepad
> and
> the word document, but never between word documents !
> The trouble started when I tried to copy from a message in outlook (where
> use the word as editor) to a word document and it didn't work ! It is
> funny
> because I can copy texts to the subject area of the mail message, but not
> the
> to the message area ! I tried to use plain text instead of microsoft word,
> but the problem remains the same ! I can see the text in the clipboard,
> but
> it simply doesn't get copied to the document or to the mail message !
> Could
> anyone help me ?Thanks Marcia

0
Stefan

Copy Public Folders
Hello All: Is there a way to copy/export the public folder(s) to local drive? you can drag the items in the folder to a folder in a pst file or a folder on the hard drive. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM "Eldingo" <eldingo@dingo.net> wrote in message news:ezZrOlF9JH...

Word 2003 VBA to limit options in Inputbox to those in drop down
I have the following macro which works great to make a form drop down list mandatory to fill in: Sub MustFillIn() If ActiveDocument.FormFields("nameDD").Result = "ENTER NAME" Then Do sInFld = InputBox("This field must be filled in, fill in below.") Loop While sInFld = "" ActiveDocument.FormFields("nameDD").Result = sInFld End If End Sub However, the user is free to enter whatever they want in the input box, although the field this fires from if nothing is entered is a drop down- is there any way to ...

Any Help documentation for Exchange 2007?
E2k7' help button gives 'Cannot display Help' Technical details: HC not found. (MS.OSSADMIN.manifest , 1033) Did I miss something? Not all the help is completed in the Beta 2 release. "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:1161634519.758601.285030@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > E2k7' help button gives 'Cannot display Help' Technical details: HC not > found. (MS.OSSADMIN.manifest , 1033) > Did I miss something? > ...

Picts in text
When I receive picture or other e-mail from a friend it occasionally arrives as a "txt" file. Not all the time... Occasionally also, if he sends me a series of, say 5 or 6 picts I have just a box with the red x, but as I sroll farther down the page the pictures are present. thanks in advance, jem what email client does he use? the problem could be on his end or yours. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginn...

Trouble sending email-while traveling
I have windows Vista and use windows mail. I now travel for business, here is my problem. I live in Canada temporarly and still use my US internet/email provider to receive my emails, although I use my Canadian email provider to send my email from Canada. While in Canada this works great. I am now in New York and have to send a email to a client from a Motel. I receive my emails fine but CANNOT send any. I receive the following Error Message: the message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing emailSMTP server For help go to help ...

Publisher Webpage
I have created a web page using Publisher 2003 on our local server. When I upload the web page to an offsite data bank all of my hyperlinks pointing to PowerPoint presentation and Word Documents still point to our local server. Is there an easy way to have the hyperlinks point to the my files on the offsite data bank? -- ckaras Reference: Including external files in a Publisher web http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80561.aspx DavidF "ckaras" <ckaras@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28BD64D5-AAA1-4842-86EF-403C41D2B3B9@microsoft.com....

Automatic backup in excel with copy to hard drive and to cd-rw
How do I get Excel to either automatically backup to hard drive and cd-rw, or even when I hit save icon, go ahead and save to hard drive and cd-rw. I already have auto save setup but backup file goes to same hard drive folder as origianl copy. Kind of defeats the purpose of a system crash and wanting a copy on removable media. Thanks for your help! This Word macro auto-saves a copy to a floppy drive. You should be able to edit it to save to the hard drive and CDRW, too. You'll also change some stuff to make it an Excel macro: http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=203 *...

multiple text edit
Hi all, I'm a beginner when it comes to Visio. I’m using Visio 2007 and I’m wondering if the following is possible. What I want to be able to do is to change the text in a number of textboxes by just editing one of them - that is, when I change the text in one textbox, the three other textboxes will display what I’ve just written automatically. Can this be done? Thanks in advance. the answer is "kinda". You can coordinate text between shapes so that changing a specific shape will be mirrored to others. It's a one to many, you don't get the option of changing anyo...

Excel & Word auto selection from menus
Ok, I'm a keyboarder, not a mouser. I use quick commands like the letter code or arrows on menus to speed along without the grab, aquire, click business. Excel & Word seem to be periodically (not always) automatically selecting menu items based on prior selections if I use arrow selectors. How do I turn this off? I get no help from "Help". Please reply to my e-mail address: legreenwood@hotmail.com. Thanks! Would love to get rid of this nuisance & keep speeding along. ...

how to produce a csv file from a unicode-saved text file
Friends, I have an excel spreadsheet (version 2000) that has Japanese characters. I would like to save it as unicode text file so that I can FTP it to my unix box for loading into an Oracle database. When I save the file as unicode text, it properly preserves the characters, but using whitespace as the delimiters. I would like to change this to a csv, but when I save as the file as CSV, the Japanese characters turn into set of ?? symbols. Is there any way around to create the unicode text file with delimiters other than whitespace? Thanks for any ideas. - Sal ...

List of fonts used in a Word doc -- the easy way
The VBA scripts that I have found all implement a character-by-character scan throu= gh the document, which can take a long time in later versions of Word. You can blame Wor= d's "formatting" feature for the slowdown. There=E2=80=99s a faster way: Save the document in .rtf format, then open the .rtf fi= le in a text editor such as notepad.exe. The fonts are listed in a font table ( {\fonttb= l ) located at the very beginning of the file. Each font entry looks something like thi= s: = {\f0\froman\fprq2\fcharset0 Times New Roman;} Any entries with a character set ...

Copying decimal data to another column to integer 'on the fly'
Hi, I am working on Asset registers/Depreciation Schedules and at the star of the year I need to convert over my previous years spreadsheets (fo about 40 schools) to the new financial year. This means moving the accumulate depreciation at the end of the previous year to being the 'openin depreciation' for the new year. I therefore want to copy a column of figures to another column an paste to that column as values only BUT as INTEGERS. I am running Excel 2003 - 'Paste Only' can solve the 'values' part bu does not have conversion to an integer 'on the fly'. ...

Problem with versions of word and outlook
Hi My access app uses word and outlook references which I can not get rid of due to certain features that my app has. I have this problem that I need to send me app to various clients who have varying versions of outlook and word and thus my app fails to run. Is there anyway my app can find the versions of outlook/word at start-up and readjust links to appropriate versions of outlook/word before continuing? If not, is there another way to fix this problem? Many thanks. Any help would be appreciated. I am really stuck. Regards Whoa: no need to include so many newsgroups! Consider u...

Dates as text
using a formula, I am combining a column heading and the date in that row, so that the cell will read "Column Heading Date", but the date is showing as a number rather than a date. I want the cell to contain both txt (column heading), and a date. How do I format it to do so? assuming your date is in cell A1: ="heading text "&DAY(A1)&"/"&MONTH(A1)&"/"&YEAR(A1) -- hope to help, cm "lightbulb" wrote: > using a formula, I am combining a column heading and the date in that row, so > that the ce...

Can not see my text when I try to edit the text box.
I have Visio for Enterprise Architects SP-2. I tried to edit the text box created by the previous visio versions using pointer or A mode. When I double-click the text or select the text, they are blue. When I enter into the text, I can not see the text that I suppose to edit. I have the same software on the laptop where I do not have the problem. How can I set the option so that I could see the text that I need to edit? Usually the background color contrasts with the text color to make it visible, but in some cases the background color and the text color match or are very similar. I...

Office 2007 Word will not save
Running office 2007 but it will now not save any Word document created using save or save as, this is on a Vista os . I have tried uninstalling defragmenting and reinstalling but issue continues, error report is as follows. Please help as I cant do any work now. Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: WINWORD.EXE Application Version: 12.0.4518.1014 Application Timestamp: 45428028 Fault Module Name: unknown Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Code: c0000005 Exception Offset: 00000001 OS Vers...

Copy To DVD
Is there a way to copy a YouTube video to DVD? Connie, Have you tried to search for this information ? Let me help http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=copy+youtube+video+to+dvd BB "Connie" <noone@nospam.com> wrote in message news:0E299830-CBD5-4BD1-BF91-C62410B1B733@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to copy a YouTube video to DVD? > Thank you! "BillyBob" <billybob@has.onetooth> wrote in message news:Oc60VVOBLHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Connie, > > Have you tried to search for this information ? > > Let me help ...

How to change the text of a menu item dynamically?
Hi to all, I created a dialog-based project with Visual C++ 6.0 and added to the dialog a menu. This menu is the following: File Help Sound On About Exit Everything is working fine so far. What I want to do, is change the text of the menu item "Sound On" to "Sound Off" every time the user clicks on it. I am using the CCmdUI* pCmdUI of the ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI handler to do it as follows: void CMyDlg::OnUpdateFileSound(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { TRACE("OnUpdate\n"); pCmdUI->SetText(m_bSound ? "Sound On" : "Sound Of...

HELP!! Repeating Text over multiple Pages
I created a template containing a title, picture, map, and text box. The text box in particular contains information pertaining to a specific location. I created a 131 individual files using that template and everything came out looking great (thanks Microsoft). I had to create 131 individuals files because we needed to have it backed up for our server at work. The problem I am having now is when I attempted to combine each of 131 files by copying and pasting them into 1 publisher file containing 131 pages. The title, picture and map all preserve their own information. HOWEVER, the in...

how do I delete a blank second page on a document I have saved
I have a document saved in word which has a blank second page that prints out every time I print the document. How do I delete tat page without deleting my saved document? See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Butter" <Butter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E03F3F53-78F9-4873-97F0-961A7A311FA8@microsoft.com... >I have a document saved in word which has a blank second page that prints >out > every time I print th...

any one have a clue how to sync 2 copies of outlook
laptop and desktop I want to sync up the outlook on both. any clues/? hints? thanks Hi Paul, Have a look at www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm or at my signature for a powerful tool. -- Thomas Wetzel www.synchpst.com Synchronize and backup Outlook ...

More work schedule creation trouble
In my last discussion, I needed to deduct a lunch period without listing an in and out time. That problem was rectified. Thank you Gord Dibben!!! Now I want to total the number of scheduled hours for the week. If I have an associate scheduled off for a day, the daily hours worked calculation is blown, thus no week total is available. Here's an example of the daily hours worked formula - =TEXT((O3-N3)-TIME(0,30,0),"h:mm"). I have created dropdowns for the in and out cells that contain times (ie 7:00 AM, 6:00 PM). I would like to be able to have a zero time worked value in t...

How do you send data to the same row of a text file everytime?
All, How do I output to the same position in a Text file everytime? I want to output data for a given Date so I'd like to put it in the same row for that Date everytime, and so overwrite the existing data in that row? I use the following command: Write #10, dateline, variable1, variable2, variable3 'where dateline is today's date in excel date code. I drop into the file at the row corresponding to last week's date e.g. row 40010. Write #10, dateline+1, variable1, variable2, variable3 'where dateline +1 is tomorrow's date in excel date code. I drop...

Data Merge into a table in Word
Hi! Help! How do I get my data records(from Excel) to merge into a table in consecutive row format, so that each record does not start on a new page....in a new table HELP! I'm by no means an expert, but for freeform merging (i.e., not envelopes, labels, or form letters), I think you need to tell the Data Merge Manager than you are creating a catalog. By consecutive row format, do you mean an entry in the first cell of each row? I think Word basically takes what you give it and duplicates it for each record. I just managed to do that, so perhaps you had typed some enters after the ...

Trouble linking workbooks in excel to stay constant
I have a problem with my linking remaining constant between two work books. I am linking 2 cells in 2 separate workbooks using the following formula: ='[2009 Project Tracking ~ Sheila.xls]G5827'!$A$21 When I insert a row above A21 in the source workbook the formula automatically updates to: ='[2009 Project Tracking ~ Sheila.xls]G5827'!$A$22 What I am trying to do is keep the cell constant and have the link stay with that new row. The purpose is one workbook only contains the most current update and the source workbook retains historical data. Any help is greatly appreciate...