How do you stop run-away scrolling in Word?

When I start to scroll through a document in Word or PDF, something takes
over and scrolling will not stop until 1) the end of the document or 2) I hit
"abort" (Control, alt, delete) and get out of the document. What can I do to
get control over this scrolling? Really frustrating!

I doubt that it is a Word problem. How are you trying to scroll and what are
you using: mouse, mouse wheel, touchpad?

Have you changed the mouse settings through the Control Panel, MOUSE app?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Pas" <Pas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I start to scroll through a document in Word or PDF, something takes
> over and scrolling will not stop until 1) the end of the document or 2) I
> hit
> "abort" (Control, alt, delete) and get out of the document. What can I do
> get control over this scrolling? Really frustrating!

0
Terry

Word art to PDF file
When I use Word Art in a document and save it as a PDF file - the word art is not readable or has a large black shadow behind it. How do I fix this? -- Becky What version Publisher are you using? Are there gradients in your WordArt? This article addresses 2003 but it is true for 2007 as well WordArt gradient fill may print incorrectly in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/828829/en-us If you have Publisher 2007 you might try Office's save as PDF. You might get a more satisfactory conversion. It is a free add-in https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4...

Unable to change Assistant in Word 2003
HI - I'm running MS Word 2003 on a Vista Home Premium machine, which came pre-installed with a copy of Office 2007. When attempting to change the assistant, I receive the error "There is not enough memory available to complete this operation." My system usually has about 40% of its 2 GB RAM free. Please advise. Tony See http://uksbsguy.com/blogs/doverton/archive/2007/07/23/how-to-get-the-office-assistant-office-2003-to-work-in-windows-vista-i-e-remove-the-quot-not-enough-memory-quot-error-messages.aspx -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Tony Multari...

Letter Writing Assistant won't recognized MS Word IS installed
When I go to Reports/Letter Writing Assistant, I get an error message that "Microsoft Word must be installed on the machine to use the Letter Writing Assistant". I running XP on a networked client notebook with full Office 2003 installed (SP2) and I'm using GP 9.0 Has anyone else had this problem? Got a solution? I faced this before when i installed Great Plains first and then followed by Office. If your case is same as above, then you need to uninstalle the client version first then i reinstalled office followed by Great Plains Again. I suggest in your case try to rei...

Why can't I see clipart on word or publisher.
I have just bought a new desktop computer and loaded microsoft office 2003. When i insert clipart onto a page in publisher or word, I cannot see the picture. the handles are on the page put picture isn't what can I do? Read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "punch" <punch@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

MSHFlexGrid not scrolling beyond 65,535 rows
I have the problem described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article Q253211. I have 400,000 rows (i.e. way more than 65,535) and when I scroll vertically, then release the scrollbar thumb, it snaps back up to near the top. I'm on VB6 SP6 already. Does anyone know of a fix? Thanks. MM MM <kylix_is@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in news:on42165pf7n4nrk1p59regccmcuuot7fhg@4ax.com: > I have the problem described in Microsoft Knowledge Base > article Q253211. I have 400,000 rows (i.e. way more than > 65,535) and when I scroll vertically, then release the > scrollbar thu...

In Outlook 2k w/Word as editor, e-mail style fails
I use Word as the editor under Outlook. When Word is open, the style box shows my name as a defined style for the text of a note. I have modified this style and applied it repeatly, but it will not "take." In my case, I'm stuck in 10-point type with a wide line length that make it very hard for me to read. Advice? Thanks. ...

open encrypted word 2003 file with word 2007
Word 2007 will not let me open Word 2003 files that are encrypted. Does anyone know how to fix this? What version of Word 2007? There were some issues with SP2 (and/or a security patch) but I can't recall the details off the top of my head. There was a hotfix which caused more problems, and ultimately another hotfix - number 970924. If this isn't your situation (and I'm not sure even this affected encrypted 2003 format documents), I have not heard of anything else. Are you sure you have the correct password? -- Enjoy, Tony www.WordArticles.com "K...

Stopping Automatic Message Box
I am using some Combo Boxes and in a number of them I am using the NotInList property to bring up a customised message box. This works fine but my message box is followed by another automatic one giving the standard error message. How can I prevent this second message box from appearing? I am sure that I am probably overlooking the obvious. Here is an example of the code: Private Sub cboMRproductType_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer) MsgBox ("Selection not recognised, you must select an item from the list. To abandon the record click Cancel.") End...

Run Time Error 3711
I get this run error occsionally on a machine with Store Operations Manager running XP Pro. Run Time Error 3711 I would appreciate any help. Tony ...

Error when Running Sales Reconcile
I am trying to run the Sales Reconcile, and am getting a Unhandled script exception: Value of range. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_OUT_OF_RANGE SCRIPT_CMD_SELECTED error, and I do not know why. Could it be a security issue? I am logged in as sa, but still receive the error.. Do you have access to partnersource or customer source the error is coming due to some value / percision in your database have you ever done any backend level modification in your database. Try to run Check Link for ItemMaster and Sales WOrk Transaction "steve" wrote: > I am trying to run the Sales Reconci...

How do I run a SQL query against a MS SQL Server database from exc
How do I run a SQL query against a MS SQL Server database from within Excel 2002? I know it can be done somehow using the SQL.Request addin function. However my attempts using this function have continually failed. Can some one please provide a working example to the pubs or Northwind dbs that I can work with and use to help debug my attempt? Thank you! ...

WORD PROGRAM
IN MY COMPUTER I HAVE WINDOWS 98. ON MY PROGRAM LIST I CAN ONLY FIND MICROSOFT WORKS. I HAVE TRIED AND CAN'T FIND MICRESOFT WORD. DOES WORD COME IN MICROSOFT WORKS. OR DID I GET RIPPED OFF AGAIN. IF ANYONE COULD ANSWER MY QUESTION I WOULD APPRECIATE THE HELP. THANKS AHEAD OF TIME EVELYN ...

Edit Legend Wording
I've been trying to alter the wording of the legend text in my line graphs, but can't figure it out. My data table has headings such as "Year", "Communication Score", and "Professional Score". When I run the pivot table tool, Excel automatically adds the words "Sum of" to the titles of "Communication Score" and "Professional Score". The result is "Sum of Communication Score" and "Sum of Professional Score". How can I simply remove the words "Sum of" to this legend wording? I've used...

Copying a picture from a webpage into a word document
How do I copy a picture from a webpage and paste it into a word document on a Mac? Copy Paste does not work. Also how do I make this file usable on a PC? CG14@officeformac.com wrote: > How do I copy a picture from a webpage and paste it into a word document > on a Mac? Copy Paste does not work. > > Also how do I make this file usable on a PC? In your browser (Safari, Firefox) right-click the picture and see if you can Save Image. If this doesn't work then in Firefox you can View Image and then save it most of the time. Save the picture to your hard drive somewhere you wil...

Error After Multiple Runs
This is a follow-up: My dialog-based app seems to crash after it is used some 50 times in a row. The error message is something like: A required resource was unavailable. Could it be a memory problem? The program is a dialog screen with loaded icons and images. The user picks cards and computations are made. A graphical display is then drawn. After a round is done, there is a reset button that restores the original icons (it reloads them). I do not have any delete functions. There are pens and rectangles and device contexts made (using CPen Pen1, CDC *pDC = this->GetDC() ). I think I n...

Linking Microsoft word to Office
Is there a way to link word to office? So that if I want to send out a transmittal to a person in my contact list, I can go in contacts and have a link to word that creates a transmittal with all my contact information automatically inserted into the document so I don't have to type it out each time? On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 07:07:03 -0800, Riptide <Riptide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to link word to office? Umm....? Word is *PART* of office. Do you mean linking to Microsoft Access (another Office program and the subject of this newsgroup)? or do you mean...

How do I put a circle around a word in Publisher 2007?
I'm using Publisher 2007 for several documents that we write up on the computer. My boss was able to figure out how to do circles with our previous program (Publisher 2000), but we can't seem to figure out how to circle text in Publisher 2007. Any help? ...

Bringing Excel Spreadsheets into Word X
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I use Microsoft Office v.X:Mac. <br><br>Later this month, I will be volunteering for a local sprint racing event at a community festival. Races take place over three days of a long weekend. Friday features one mid-distance race and Saturday and Sunday feature sprint races repeated over the two-day event. (Contestants run in the race for the first day, have their race-time recorded, and then again on the second day, again the time is recorded. The race results are the total of both days' times for ...

How to stop excel from constantly spinning up unused external hard drive (and prevent the delay that comes with that)

images with word automation
Access 2003 (2000 format) I've done quite a bit of Word automation from Access to build forms for clients but I'm stumped. I'm trying to dynamically build a table of signatures at the bottom of a document. The signatures are stored in a table in Access in an OLE Object type field. I created a single row table in the form with a bookmark in the first cell (I've done this type of thing before using objWord.Selection.MoveRight Unit:=wdCell and it works fine for creating tables of info in a Word doc from Access). But I need to get the signatures into the cells and ...

Outlook
Whenever I am running outlook, and I want to change to another e-mail account, instead of simply exiting and logging off of Outlook, I have to reboot!!!! How can I get around this? Thanks so much...vam@cox.net Why are you rebooting? Just use Task Manager, shut down any running instance of Outlook.exe or MAPI and you should be able to open it under a different profile. What version of Outlook are you using? Outlook 2002 and 2003 both allow different accounts in the same profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to...

Hold shift to stop Auto_Open() not working in 2007
I have several workbooks that contain Auto_Open macros. All were originally written on a 2003 installation. Now that my primary machine has 2007 on it, I find that I cannot prevent the Auto_Open macro from running by holding the shift key down when opening the files. I know in 2003 if you set the macro security level to low the shift key stops working. However, I’ve tried changing several settings in the Trust Center (such as trusting the files’ location) but to no avail. I also know that if I leave the location untrusted it will allow me to not run the macro, but if I then ...

"...some files required to run Money could not be loaded. try aga
Keep getting this message when I try to install the version I bought and downloaded through Microsoft. I've cleaned out the old MS Money files and registry entries. I have XP Home and am an administrator so I should have access to everything. I made sure there were no read-only files in the my documents folder that were money related. I disabled my Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition. The .exe downloads fine but just doesn't install. I'm running out of options. ...

Is away to insert a "formula" into a text?
I'm working on and have been forever a quote sheet. Many of the values change based on certain criteria. I have a disclaimer sentence at the bottom of the page and I would to have it set up that when I change the criteria in the work sheets it would also change it in the sentence. Does this make sense? Marc Use the & (concatenate) operator along with the TEXT funtion. For instance: ="Today is " & text(today()),"Mmmm dd, yyyy"). Inside the text function, you can calculate and format any formula (such as today()) you like. --Bruce "Marc" wrot...

Latest Windows Vista Update stops Outlook 2007 from working, Please help
Whenever the latest Windows Vista update is installed on my computer, Outlook 2007 doesn't work. It doesn't send and receive emails and when I click on 'New Email' I get an error message which says: "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." The only way I can use Outlook is to use System Restore to 'undo' the last Windows update. But then it is constantly trying to force me to install the new update and I have to keep stopping it from uploading. This has wasted hours of my time. What can I do please? T...