How do I turn on drag and drop in MS Word 2007?

It seems that drag and drop has stopped working..... I have no clue why.
There are instructions on how to turn drag and drop on/off for MS Word 2003,
but I can't find the directions on how to do this for Word 2007.  I'd like to
turn this back on.  Can anyone help?

Click on the the Office Button (top/left) and at the bottom of that window click on Word Options.
In that window choose Advanced.
Drag and Drop is the third choice down.

(That said... it doesn't always work even when you have selected it.  Sigh)
0
NancyCats
3/19/2010 1:43:34 AM
The problem could have to do with the Symbols dialog box.  When you open the Symbols dialog box, that box is modeless.  This means you can leave the dialog box open and click back into the document to reposition your cursor for the next insertion.  However, I found that if I keep the Symbols box open while editing my document, the drag-and-drop feature will not work.  Once the Symbols box is closed, the drag-and-drop works fine.
4
robg1010

Printing problem from Excel 2007

DDP (Drop down Box)
i have a front sheet that has data input onto it, this then feeds into sheets Monday thru Sunday, I would like to print data on occassions and have decided to creat a form for this option, what i dont want to do is allow users access to the data on the pages then print, am looking for a safe way to do this and decided a form, drop down box, selecting the day of the week to be printed and this would print the required data, Any idea of the code for example, Selecting Monday in the Drop down box, would then print the Sheet "Mon" Tuesday in DDB would then print "Tue" and s...

transfer inbox in table format to word
In my older version I could cut and paste the table format in Outlook to a word file. Now I don't seem to be able to do it although I can print the file in that format within Outlook. When I export the inbox to word I get the whole text not just the headings. Is it possible to transfer the table format to a word file? ...

Turn off Delegation
I have Exchange 2000 with outlook 2000 clients. I want to be able to turn off delegation and not allow users to share their outlook inbox, calendars and such. However I do want them to have access to public calendars. Anyone have any idea of how to do this? Thanks for your time. I don't think this is possible. Make it a company policy & deal with it that way. Gerald wrote: > I have Exchange 2000 with outlook 2000 clients. I want to be able to > turn off delegation and not allow users to share their outlook inbox, > calendars and such. However I do want them to have acc...

How do I add a hyperlink to an individual word in an Excel cell?
I am using Excel 2000 (not by choice) and I need to add a hyperlink to an individual word within the cell, not the whole cell itself. For example in the sentence "Click here or here to go to the appropriate web page." I want the words "here" to each have a separate hyperlink. Any ideas? I can manage some VBA too if necessary. Thanks, Rosalie Hi Rosalie, You can't do that in Excel. You would have to use HTML or Word or some other means. You could fake it, the entire cell would be a link, but you could after assigning the hyperlink select another...

how can I drag formulas with other cell references
example cell A1 contains formula "=stdev(a2:a7) cell a2 contains formula "=stdev(a8:a13) Is it possible to drag the formula down so that cell a3 contains "=stdev(a14:19) and cell a4 contains "=stdev(a20:a25) and so on for cells a5, a6, a7 etc. etc. Hi Bram, See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm#snkAddr B1: =stdev(OFFSET($A$1,6*ROW()-5,0):OFFSET($A$1,6*ROW(),0)) B2: =stdev(OFFSET($A$1,6*ROW()-5,0):OFFSET($A$1,6*ROW(),0)) It was easier to test and verify using SUM instead of stdev, but the formula is same NOTE the formulas are in a different colu...

Access 2007 Reports
I'm using an Access 2000 mdb (split ends) in Access 2007. I cannot up- convert because other terminals don't have Office 2007. It works as a database just fine except: When I try to change a (front end) report from the default printer to another specific printer in design view, page setup, it all LOOKS good except it does not save my changes upon return and goes back to the default printer. I never had this problem with earlier versions of Access and the specific printer in questions works fine with other apps and terminals. Any ideas people? Many thanks. JM This is a known prob...

Question Regarding Excel 2007 Formatting Corruption

2007 B2 MSOO has encountered a problem
More often then not when I click to open an email in my inbox I get this MSOO pop-up with a checkbox, checked telling me MSOO has encountered a problem and needs to close. Has this been an issue for others and is there a fix. If you have Adobe Acrobat Pro 6/7 (not the reader), go into Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, click change for Adobe Acrobat Pro and remove the Office & Outlook plugins. Patrick Schmid -------------- http://pschmid.net "Jax" <Jax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A74147F4-CD75-4FF8-98A7-5A18B01A8FDD@microsoft.com: > More of...

Insert Page Numbers on Worksheet in Excel 2007
In Excel 2003, if you wanted to put page numbers on multiple worksheets in a workbook, you grouped the worksheets and then added a header or footer, using the page number function. All of your grouped worksheets would shows its own page number. But in Excel 2007, only my first worksheet is numbered when I do this (as Page 1). What's the problem? Do I actually have to put a page number, one by one, on each worksheet? I cannot replicate your problem with 2007. Grouped sheets behave exactly as 2003 did. After grouping and adding a header of Page 1 did you do a print p...

Outlook 2007: When i Save a New Rule outlook Change it automatically...
Hi people! I have this problem with Outlook 2007. I have 15 e-mails addresses in my outlook, but i can=B4t create the rules for send all the received mails to each emails folder. Example: I want to create a simple rule that move all the e-mail that i get from "example1@example1.com" to the folder "Inbox/ example1@example1.com". When i create the rule, all works fine, i select the correct e-mail account name, the correct destination folder, etc... but when I hit the SAVE button in rules window, Outlook 2007 changes the account automatically to another one. Not automatically...

audio notes in Word Notebook
I have recorded an audio file using Word Notebook. I would like to send the audio file to co-workers but they cannot seem to open it. Any ideas Are your co-workers using Word 2004? Only Word 2004 can open documents in Notebook Layout view and use the special features like audio, I think. However, you could use Tools | Audio Notes | Export audio to get just the audio file out, I think it comes out as an .mp4 Then send that around, it should be a standard format that most any audio program can play, far as I know. On 9/14/06 11:09 AM, "healy@parentchoice.org" wrote: > I h...

How do I turn off the reminder bell on my calendar?
I have a lot of items in my calendar. However, the constant pop-ups and ringing bell are very annoying. How do I turn these off but leave my calendar entries intact for when I wand to pull them up. Thank you. Open them and change Reminder to "None". magoe99 wrote: > I have a lot of items in my calendar. However, the constant pop-ups and > ringing bell are very annoying. How do I turn these off but leave my > calendar entries intact for when I wand to pull them up. Thank you. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041130.htm - this will turn...

Why can't I send email messages with Trial Outlook 2007?
I have a new HP laptop that came with the 60 day trial of Office'07. I receive email but the send/reply/compose functions are grayed out. I am certain my settings are correct. Why can't I send email? KK What happens when you use the Test Account Settings? What is the exact error message you get? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, KK asked: | I have a new HP laptop that came with the 60 day...

Putting Excel Charts into a Word document that's getting too big
I am creating a Word document (our Annual Report) in which I will have many charts and graphs that were created in Excel. Currently, there will be at least 26 graphs/charts in the document. In the past, there have apparently been problems with not having enough space to save the Word document because it gets too big. The document itself is only about 36 pages, but, as I mentioned, within the 36 pages are at least 26 graphs and charts. I'm looking for a way to copy the graphs/charts into Excel without it taking so much memory. One solution we thought of was to only paste the gra...

Merge data from Acces to word
I have an Access db with records on a form which I want to export to a Word Template with predifened fields. How can I do that? reidarT Take a look at Albert D. Kallal's Super Easy Word Merge at http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault "ReidarT" wrote: > I have an Access db with records on a form which I want to > export to a Word Template with predifened fields. > How can I do that? > reidarT ...

drag and drop monitoring
How can i monitor the drag and drop operation in the excel sheet cells. regards, Sunil Virmani I don't think you can directly. I think the closest you can do is look for changes (via worksheet_change). But that is unique to dragging and dropping. virmanisunil@gmail.com wrote: > > How can i monitor the drag and drop operation in the excel sheet cells. > > regards, > Sunil Virmani -- Dave Peterson ...

MS RMS vs RetailPro ?
Hi, does anyone know what are the major distinctions between RetailPro and RMS? Someone told me recently that RetailPro is much better and easier to customize. I have never seen it but I do find RMS to be a little difficult to customize and navigate around. We are looking to expand into few more retail operations and would like to make a decision on whether to continue with RMS or switch to something that we can fine-tune more to our operations. Thanks. Zorian, Can't tell you about the product, although the QuickBooks POS is a cut down version of it. I would _seriously_ check ...

Fast Campaign through eMail-Mass and Word / Wich Security-Role rights?
Hello, i hope i could explain it correct what my problem is. One of our Sales/Marketing guys needs the Security-Role-Right to make Fast-Campaigns through the Assistent and Word. (We use the German version of CRM so i have no clue how these Menu's named in English, so i do straight translate them as i think it fits! ) He right now goes through the Outlook CRM Client into the Marketing Menu, then opens the Marketingslistings and selects a campaign and has on the Top Menu Bar the Fast-Campaign-Button wich opens up the Assistent. He then fills some forms, and comes to the point where he co...

Out of Office not active Entourage 2008 exchange 2007

Outlook 2007 paragraph spacing, reprise
Hello, Perhaps in response to the earlier outcry, the Outlook 2007 (with Vista Ultimate) that I just installed came with the Normal Style defaulting to 0 space after paragraphs. This meant that, typing a new message into the HTML editor, I had to hit Enter twice in order to have any visible space between my paragraphs. This, then, had the effect of sending my messages with an extra paragraph (nbsp) between each paragraph. Still, it looked okay in Outlook. However, it did not look okay to others, in Gmail and elsewhere. And it did not look okay when echoed back to me in the form of replies. S...

MS Money does not go online
Hello, For some reason, when I start Money 2005, it does not go online. I do have the Work offline box cleared. It has worked fine for a long time - just stopped for no apparent reason about a week ago. I have not changed firewall configuration. ...

Word v.X compatibility
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC What compatibility issues (if any) will we start to find as more and more people begin using Office/Word 2008 with .docx files? Is there any patch or update that will allow our Word v.X to read that format? Been out of town for a while? :-) The OXML Converters have been available for nearly 2 years. The most current revision is a free download from the Mactopia web site at the bottom of this page: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.mspx?pid=Mactopia_AddTools&fid=DFD93 FB0-1CF7-4835-892D-A74FAE8...

How to link a word or a sentance to a page or a subpage OneNote 2007
OneNote 2007 I would like to link a word "Development Tools" to a subpage I already created and have alot of information. And also how can in the future create link from a word or a sentance to a page and also to a subpage. thank you for your help. msw wrote: > OneNote 2007 I would like to link a word "Development Tools" to a > subpage I already created and have alot of information. 1.) Create a hyperlink to the page/paragraph you want to be reached (target), use the right-mouse context-menu; 2.) on the page(a) where from you want to reach the ...