Edit Links Error Message

I have a document with charts in it that originally came from another source.
When I try to do an "Update Fields" on the entire document (Ctrl-A first,
then F9), I get a message that says the linked file is not available and
tells me to use the Edit Links command. I click OK, but this message comes up
repeatedly for each link in the document, then finally allows me to do the
update. Once that is done, however, Word stops working and I have to close
the document and start over.

I have gone to Edit Links (Microsoft Office button > Prepare > Edit Links to
Files) and broken all the links, but it doesn't change anything - I still get
the message for each link, even though they have been broken. Can anyone help?

You need to UNLINK (Ctrl+Shft+F9) the the invalid links.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"The BFM at IDA" <The BFM at IDA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a document with charts in it that originally came from another
> source.
> When I try to do an "Update Fields" on the entire document (Ctrl-A first,
> then F9), I get a message that says the linked file is not available and
> tells me to use the Edit Links command. I click OK, but this message comes
> up
> repeatedly for each link in the document, then finally allows me to do the
> update. Once that is done, however, Word stops working and I have to close
> the document and start over.
>
> I have gone to Edit Links (Microsoft Office button > Prepare > Edit Links
> Files) and broken all the links, but it doesn't change anything - I still
> get
> the message for each link, even though they have been broken. Can anyone
> help?

-1
Terry

Isinteg Warning Message Question

Linking a Chart with graphics to ppt

Messages Cut off
A recipient receives forwarded mail messages that are cut off in random locations throughout the email. Outlook 2000 with latest SP. Any ideas? ...

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Public Folder link to Excel File

Interface not registered message

Error in Outlook Today

Outlook Hangs Reading Messages

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

Duplicate Messages

stop error defeating me

Error in database....

Need HELP! for Linking data

Forwarded messages are not being sent

Ctrl+D not working on outlook messages

error 553

80070005 error #2

Problems with Money 2006 standard edition
I am unable to switch the budget from Essential to Advanced, I tried the susgestion in the problem solver as found under KB899628 as per below but this did not help. Can anyone help? When you click Use Advanced Budget in Budget Settings in Microsoft Money 2005 or in Microsoft Money 2006, you are taken back to the Essential Budget page instead of to the Advanced Budget page ...

Entourage (allegedly) cannot see message body sent by OWA
We have a external company receiving emails from us and claim they cannot see the message body when the email is sent from OWA. We are on 2003 SP2 btw. The external party claims that the following patch for OWA fixes the problem http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5BC06E8A-08EB-4976-BC68-A03EBE3A2552&displaylang=en I am sceptical! Any thoughts Ignore!! I just saw another thread wit hthe details for this one. Thread is "OWA message text disappears" "Peter T" wrote: > We have a external company receiving emails from us and claim they cannot...