Display error

I have a coworker that is having problems opening word documents, he is on
Windows XP, using WORD 2003.

The document he is trying to open says it's a 97-2003 file type and when he
opens it, each page is blank.  It will print content, but nothing displays on
his screen.  I have WORD 2007 and the document opens and displays content
fine for me.

But once this display issue occurs, it happens with any WORD document he
opens.

Any ideas?

Does the document comprise scanned images or picture objects? Go into
options and check to display images.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Jennifer" <Jennifer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a coworker that is having problems opening word documents, he is on
> Windows XP, using WORD 2003.
>
> The document he is trying to open says it's a 97-2003 file type and when
> he
> opens it, each page is blank.  It will print content, but nothing displays
> on
> his screen.  I have WORD 2007 and the document opens and displays content
> fine for me.
>
> But once this display issue occurs, it happens with any WORD document he
> opens.
>
> Any ideas?

0
Terry

Displaying FileStream from SQL Server 2008 to Access 2007
I have a FileStream in SQL Server 2008 and I have Access 2007 front ends. I am trying to keep the images secure, backedup, and mobile with the SQL Server. I am not sure how to display the FileStream on the Access Front side. I am able to load and get the FileStream working fine, but Access just doesn't see it to display on the form. I am using an ODBC link connection and the Access link makes it an OLE Object. Any thoughts? Thanks ...

CRM 4.0 Installation Error #2
Hi all, I am Installing CRM 4.0 Enterprise Edition Since I am not having Admin rights for Active Directory(AD) I am not able to instal it says you dont have permission to AD read,modify, So only the Admin of AD can Install it or any othere alternate way of installing CRM as user of AD ratherthan admin of AD. I would appreciate the help for this, Thanks in advance, mkr Hi, To make the thing easy can you not use the domain admin account? OR use a account which has rights to create CRM security groups at AD. ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ You are right...

"Monthly Cash Flow" Report Error
For the past several weeks I get this pop up error using Money 03, I have upgraded to 04 today to see if the problem would fix itself, but no banana. The only change I remember was adding my AMEX to Money. I then imported the AMEX ofx retrieved from AMEX site. "Due to changes in your Money file, the saved version of "Monthly Cash Flow" report is no longer valid. Money has attempted to reset this report, but you should reset it manually to avoid unreliable information." I can not find in the online help or on the web how to manually reset the report. Help much a...

SFO Installation Error
It appears as if other people have experienced the "Can't Find CRM Server" installation error before; however, I don't see any posts on how to fix it. Please help! I've been using the CRM Server for some time now with no problems. Every time I try to install SFO, I get the following error: Setup was unable to find an instance of the CRM components. Thanks for your help. Please make sure that the user you use to login on your pc is also known in crm with the same user name and password. this is required! Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Troy" wrot...

can message list be displayed
I HAVE THREE EMAIL ADDRESSES MESSAGES COME IN AND BASED ON RULES GO TO THE INBOX OF ONE OF THEM RECENTLY THERE WAS AN ID/PASSWORD PROBLEM ON ONE OF THESE. IS IT POSSIBLE TO JUST SEE A LIST OF MESSAGES THAT MAY HAVE COME IN TO THIS ADDRESS, EVEN IF THEY CANNOT BE OPENED? THANK YOU "Aamir" <Aamir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EACA9393-2747-4551-9913-AA9480936313@microsoft.com... >I HAVE THREE EMAIL ADDRESSES MESSAGES COME IN AND BASED ON RULES GO TO THE > INBOX OF ONE OF THEM > RECENTLY THERE WAS AN ID/PASSWORD PROBLEM ON ONE OF ...

finding error
hi all i want to write a program that will find whether an application is working properly. i.e when any one clicks on a application that application or program does not gets started and gives us some message. i want my program to trap that message. e.g due to some missing file a program is not starting it will give message that some file is missing i need to trap that. Will you be kind with us to share that message? -- Vipin Aravind MVP "chunnu" <chunnu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB2A3701-6487-42DA-9A7A-50F23D8052BB@microsoft.com... > hi ...

Combobox display 1 value, access another
Hi All, I have a combobox that gets filled with the following code: 'load combobox with list of grantee institutions With ComboBox1 For i = 5 To LastRow .AddItem Worksheets("data").Cells(i, 2) Next i End With End Sub The drop down menu contains a list of schools, but the data element I really need access to is the ID number, which is in column A. Is there a way to access this value? Maybe using the offset function? I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks in advance. ComboBox lists can have multiple columns and you can arrang...

Error in fields in result form
Hi, I have a sql server stored procedure that is being used by a Access form. Parameter is being passed through a intermediate form and based on parameter values the result form displays the data set. Now I have been asked to add few more fields in the result form. Hence I had to add the same fields in the stored procedure. When I am running this modifed stored procedure from QA I am getting the correct result. However, in the Access result form the added fields are showing #error. Thus the result set gives partial results correctly(previous fields) while the added fields are showing ...

AVGXCH32.DLL Error Message Upon Loading
I'm on a Dell XP computer and get the following message everytime I start Outlook 2002: The add-in "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\AVGXCH32.DLL" could not be installed or loaded. The problem may be resolved by using Detect & Repair on the Help menu When I use Detect & Repair and my MS Office 2002 CD.... it does not fix the problem. Any suggestions on how to eliminate this annoyance? Thanks for anyone's help on this. Chris <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm on a Dell XP computer and get the following message > everytime I start Outlook 2...

WLMail Error code 0x80070057, Calendar contains corrupt data. closing WLM
Windows Live Mail could not be started. Closing Windows live mail. your calendar contains corrupt datathat is forcing Windows Live Mail to close. (0x80070057) Can access mail and calendar through hotmail.com and the calendar link on hotmail. followed the steps here: http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=bffea6cd-a932-4488-a638-799445683014 but that didn't correct the problem. Any further suggestions? Win xp sp3 Repeat the process Open IE hten reset IE to its default settings Close WLM and IE Navigate in Windows Explorer to the Calendar for that sa...

Error Message #30
Every time I hit the "close form" commandbutton after I enter the participant info on my user form I get an error message that takes me to the code: Private Sub cmdClose_Click() (this is highlighted in yellow) Upload Me (upload has a black hightlight box over it) End Sub Does anyone know what it's trying to tell me and how to fix it? Thanks -- Marcia3641 Do you wanna upload your form, or UNload? "Marcia3641" <Marcia3641@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:78C42375-5C67-4D95-9728-BD8F17A977EB@microsoft.com... > Every time I hit the "...

Money 2005 error with session Reference # 2000
I was trying to download my account info from Wachovia and it said that my account could not be updated and to tell my Customer Service Rep with Reference Number 2000. How do I fix this to update my info? Thanks! ...

Jetstress report generation error #2
Hi, I am running jetstress for the performance benchmarking activity. The test runs successfully but at the end fails to generate the report. The html files shows report generation error as "Process failed to create the test report. Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array". Please find the log file below 12/27/2005 12:14:13 PM -- Environment validation results: Detected JetstressUI version: 6.5.7720.0 Detected operating system: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (5.2.3790.0) Service Pack 1 Detected ESE.dll version: 6.5.6944.0 Detected ESEPERF.dll version: 6.5.6944.0 12/27/20...

calender display
How come when I click on my calendar, I don't see what I normally see when I think of a Calendar? you know... like a calendar you would hang on a wall. Instead, what I see is a sheet with rows for individual entries. How can I get my calander to have a classic look? > How come when I click on my calendar, I don't see what I normally see > when I think of a Calendar? you know... like a calendar you would hang > on a wall. Instead, what I see is a sheet with rows for individual > entries. > > How can I get my calander to have a classic look? View - Month? -- f....

Error 2203 Installing Any Office Software
I'm trying to install Project 2007(but get the same error for any Office product) on my Home Vista (64bit) system and I'm getting an error 2203 -2147287035. I've searched the forums and googled itand I've done the instructions to set permissions to the temp folder, but it didn't seem to help. Thanks Paul Guess you did not search hard enough. But in any case here you go You receive "Error 2203. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2000547 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and...

Error on Subform
Hi, I have been using this form for over a year now and this has never happened before. When I open a form I created for contacts and I have a subform embedded for staff members names and phone numbers. When I click on this subform's navigation button to scroll down the continuous form I get the following error. I'm not entering or changing any information, I'm meerly scrolling. "The value you entered isn't valid for this field. For example, you may have entered text in a numeric field or a number that is larger than the field size settings permits" Can a...

How To Set The Default Fields Displayed
I use lots of folders and sub-folders. I create 2 or 3 or more every week. How do I set the default fields displayed? I have only found that right-clicking on the bar and removing columns I don't want, then right-clicking again and selecting 'Field Chooser" allows me to make this as I want. Can't I just go to a place and say for every new folder, here are the fields I want displayed? See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm for the method to use. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exch...

FRx Error 0
Hi, When i try to login to FRx reports, its asks me for the user name and password. I type in the correct user name and password. then it gives me a following error message. (IsSysReg) Error 0: Any help is highly appriciated Hi It looks like there is a problem with the registry entry for FRX. Have you applied the latest FRX service packs? Regards James "Ranga" <Ranga@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D7C1724-CF53-4DB4-8F7B-DDAD7167C988@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > When i try to login to FRx reports, its asks me for the user name and >...

Query Conversion Error!
I have an Excel pivot table that pulls data from Access97 dB. We are upgrading to XP version. Excel is fine in XP, but it can't pull data from my Access dB (whether 97 or 2002). I keep getting this error: "[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified" Anyone know what's the problem is? Thanks. ...

error after recreating an outlook 2003 mailbox
At my bosses request, I exported his mailbox, deleted the mailbox. I then waiting for replication and recreating a new mailbox for him and imported the pst back into his mailbox. After clicking on send/receive he gets these messages (one message on one PC and the other message on another PC - both outlook 2003). I found out that he is okay logging into my PC's (one OL2000 and one OL2003). He deleted his NT profile on each PC and he is working fine now. Just trying to find out why that may have happened?. Any ideas or theories? Errors: exchange is currently in recovery mode. you ca...

Error ox800cccoe
HI! I can receive emails; but sending emails I get an error ox800cccoe. Can you please give me a list of things to try? Many Thanks, kidsis78734 Hi, The problem you are describing can be caused if certain anti-virus software is installed on your machine. For more information on , please refer to Knowledge Base article 820670.KB.EN-US, 0x800ccc19 or 0x800cccoe Error Message When You Send E-Mail You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;820670 Regards, Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA Partner Technical Lead - Outlook Micr...

Windows ME and Pop3 server error
I am using Windows ME on a laptop computer with Office XP Professional and Outlook 2002. I am setting up internet mail on a POP3 isp and whne running the configuration menu and hit test account settings, everything completes successfully. I finish the configuration and open Outlook and get send/receive errors (mail server cannot be contacted). Anyone have any ideas why this occurs? Could you give us the exact text of the error messages? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Rick" <...

IE Script Error
I had to reinstall windows xp and therefore office as well. After doing this I can't get my hotmail account to work in Outlook. I keep getting the following message each time. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance Inernet Explorer Script Error An error has occureed in the script on this page Line: 41 Char: 2 Error: Could not complete the operation due to error f7a20009 Code: 0 URL: http://officeupdate.microsoft.com/office/redirect/10/Outlo okHotmailNav.asp?....... ...

Professional Tools Trigger error
I noticed my triggers from Professional Tools were not working. I'm not sure when they stopped. Might have been after the upgrade V9 sp1 or after upgrade to sp2. I checked the SQL Server tables and they are missing. Therefore, I assumed if I removed them and recreated them from Professional Tools, it would fix the problem. However, when I try to recreated the RM Triggers, I get the following error: The stored procedure failed to enable taVendorInsert returned the following results: DBMS: 4920, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0. I've tried dropping and recreated the Professional Tools sto...

outlook c++ runtime library runtime error
folks, I've recently beeen receiving a message when closing my Outlook 2000 that says: Runtime Error: Program :\Program Files\Micros~2\Outlook.exe This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.Please contact the application's support team for more information after this happens my local network account is locked Please save my soul ...