Can't paste text to a document because of macros

When I open a document in Word 07, and try to copy text to it it, I get a
message that macros are disabled and to go to help for instructions.
Instructions say to close the doc. and reopen with macros enabled.  BUT it
doesn't say HOW to do that.  And, why is this happening all of a sudden and
everytime I open a doc.?

If this happens with all documents in Word, it's probably being caused by
poorly designed code in an add-in (or in the Normal template). Did you
install something recently?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"leslie7" <leslie7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I open a document in Word 07, and try to copy text to it it, I get a
> message that macros are disabled and to go to help for instructions.
> Instructions say to close the doc. and reopen with macros enabled.  BUT it
> doesn't say HOW to do that.  And, why is this happening all of a sudden
> and
> everytime I open a doc.?

0
Stefan

Pasting into an active cell
I have some VBA code (see below) where I am copying a fixed selection from one workbook (which the user has selected), into the next empty row in a different workbook (where the macro is located). Sheets("National").Select Range("A6:X21").Select Selection.Copy Windows("Diagnostics 2010-2011.xls").Activate Sheets("C-National").Select Selection.paste However, I get a run time error (438) on the paste command when I try to run it. Any suggestions, as I am new to VBA Try the below which will copy the range from the Activeworkbook Sh...

Please Help: Append New text to Old text already present in databa
Hi All, I have an excel form which populates access database. On the form Once we input a student Id in the form, we can input student records and also add comments, after making the changes we click "Submit" and the data goes in the databae. One field that I have on the form is "Comments" Textbox whereTA can insert their comments for any student. Here multiple TA's can comment for one student. The issue I want to resolve is. When a new TA inserts a comment, Old comments are deleted and replaced by the new comments. Is there a way to append new commen...

How do I get the system to add the document path to the footer, a.
Thanks for your help. I thought there was a way to do this automatically, but I can't remember where I did this and it was in an earlier version. Hope this is still available. Hi in Excel 2002+ you have this option in the footer dialog. before that see: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/excel/fullnameinfooter.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "msmax" <msmax@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B60D0C4E-049F-4FFE-A575-25339222BCCC@microsoft.com... > Thanks for your help. I thought there was a way to do this automatically, > but I...

Case of the weird shrinking combo text
I have seen this problem mentioned once before somewhere on the net - and it's one that hits us from time to time... We have some comboboxes on a worksheet. Just occasionally, for no apparent reason, the text within the comboboxes starts to shrink in size with each click. Eventually it becomes unreadable. Has anyone experienced this and is there a cure? Many thanks to all, Ian Digby -- Work performed in the spirit of service is worship...Baha''i Writings ...

Skip pattern based on text box value
Hi, I have a text control. People will be typing either words or numbers into it. If they type 99 I want to skip down several questions. Here's the condition for my macro: [Forms]![frmFB213]![FB215]=99 The action is 'Go to control' and the control name points to question FB229. I've put my macro in the AfterUpdate section, but nothing is happening. I'm suspecting this is because the answer is free-text. All my skip patterns based on combo boxes are working well. I've tried putting single and double quotes around the 99, I've tried using the "Like&q...

Limiting Chart Series with a Macro
Good Day, Does anyone know how to change the max limit on the x-axis of a chart with a macro? In other words say I have data of rainfall vs time for different countries. Some may have for 10 yrs and other may have for 50. How can I use a macro so that the x-axiswould end on the last date for all graphs? Any Ideas Many Thanks Llednar Randell - This macro finds the largest X max on all of the charts on the active sheet, then applies this to all of these charts. Sub SameXMax() Dim ChtOb As ChartObject Dim dXMax As Double For Each ChtOb In ActiveSheet.ChartObjects ' Find large...

Embedded Text Box
For unknown reason, I had more than 7000 blank text boxes embedded in my spreadsheet. Seemed like one on top of the other. This blew up my file to about 1.44Mb and considerably slowing down the performance. Is there a way to delete those text boxes really quick? Thanks in advance. Evan Hit F5, click on Special, select Objects, click OK, hit delete. Beware - ALL objects will be deleted, so if you've got some that you want to keep, hold down Ctrl and deselect the loved ones. Rgds, ScottO "EK" <EK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1555232-244B-4784-8ECF-...

Macro for Print page 1 thru x
can i write a macro to print page 1 thru x, with the x as a cell value for the user to input....for example some people want to print 1 thru 3, 1 thru 6, 1 thru 9....i just want them to key the 3 or 6 or 9 or whatever and the print macro refers to it. thanks for any help you can provide. t Two examples to get you started... and an alternative. Macro 1 will use the value stored in Sheet 1. No matter which sheet the use has opened. Macro 2 will use the value stored in A1 in whatever sheet happens to be active at the time. Sub Macro1() Dim xPages xPages = Worksheets("Sheet1")....

Custom Buttons linked to Macros
This is fustrating... I have made a custom menu based upon macros that I have in a worksheet. This worksheet is a file which will be saved using a different names at any given time. When I use the custom menu based upon the macros in the first saved file it works. When I go back to the "template" file and do another save as, when I try using the custom menu, it trys looking for the macros in the previous saved file instead of looking at the macros in the just saved file. Can this be fixed to where it will what ever the file name is not try and cross link to another set of macros ...

how do I get rid of formating symbols that show up in my document
Some strange marking are showing up in my word documents. I think they are some sort of format icons. How do I get rid of them http://word.mvps.org/FAQS/Formatting/NonPrintChars.htm -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "JohnC" <JohnC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5144F489-3D4C-4964-AF1C-7624B9C33E2C@microsoft.com... > Some strange marking are showing up in my word documents. I think they > are > some sort of format icons. How do I get rid of them ...

get the text string appear the most times !
Hi, all ! Sorry abt posting this question many time, but I think I gave a hard understanding question before. In my report, I need to get the value of a group of records that appear the most times. For example: I have a text "Sushi" appears in my report 10 times, "Nobashi" appears 20 times, "shrimp" 5 times ---> my desire that is a textbox show "Nobashi" as result. Hope this way is easer to understand my problem. Any suggestion for this ? Thanks with appreciated of all ur time. Luan. ...

Macro #5
Hi i need to write a macro and have no idea how to do it if some one can show me form scratch Ihave different formalus in different column which calculate commission for agent Eg : if(d1247>300,"$15",if(d1247>100,"$12","$10"))-(j1247+k1247) =IF(D1246>1500,"$25",IF(D1246>1000,"$20",IF(D1246>500,"$15","10")))-(J1246+K1246) this 2 different formula in same column i want to write a macro so i dont have to use two different formula when i say certain column is X then its should run 1st formula if i select ...

getting TEXT of an xslt.transform
On my page right now, I call a function: <%=getMenu()%> in my codebehind, I have the function do an xslt transformation: sub xslt.Transform(doc, xslArg, Response.Output, Nothing) end sub Instead of calling the function directly on the main page, I now want to just place a literal on the page and set the literal's text via codebehind. However, I can't seem to do this: ltl_menu.Text = xslt.Transform(doc, xslArg, Response.Output, Nothing) As the 'expression does not return a value'. How can one get the result of the text as a string? -Darrel Hello! > lt...

Text File using MACRO
Hello, I will appreciate if someone assist me in order to solve the following problem. I want to read an operating system file from EXCEL sheet. The information in this text file appended each day. That&#8217;s why I want to use Macro to read this text file which is located on c:\SEDAN\INFO\Mit.log. What steps should I follow in order to read this text file using MACRO. Each time when I run the MACRO it refreshes the information from the text file and display its information into Excel sheet. Could you please check that matter and give me its solution? Regards David. Start a new workb...

Copy and Paste based on criteria
When Department changes I need to insert the ADDRESS below the Account-Institution Business Office:. Another option I have is that if address = get new address from page 2. HELP xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ending 02/13/10 Account-Institution Business Office: DEPT EMP.NBR EMPLOYEE NAME ADDRESS 883 27903 ROBERSON, JOE abc 883 119245 MUSIL, TODD E abc 883 Total ----------------------------------------------------------------- Account-Institution Business Office: DEPT EMP.NBR EMPLOYEE NAME ADDRES...

attachments in rich text
i cannot send attachments in rich text, why? Don't know. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Andy asked: | i cannot send attachments in rich text, why? Rich text needs to be supported by the receiving mail client and mailserver as well. Otherwise you'll end up with a winmail.dat attachment or nothing at all. For more info see; http://www.howt...

Why can I not open Excel Documents emailed to me?
I have just installed Microsoft Outlook 2003. I can no longer open Excel documents. The message I get is 'cannot find specified file'. When I open Excel it tells me the office assistant could not be started, please re run. This did not happen before I installed MS Outlook. I can no longer find my Office Professional installation programme so I assume this now means I cannot use Excel. Sometimes one of these works when you double click on a file in windows explorer and it doesn't work (similar to your Outlook problem): Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (unc...

macro security settings
I would like a way to set macro security thru GPO for Excel 2007 SP1 to allow only macro from the startup folder and not from any other files this is actually a group policy question but as this is rather excel specific I was hoping to find the answer here. thnx Hi, Assuming you mean by startup folder a specific folder then choose, Office Button, Excel Options, Trust Center, Trust Center Settings, Trusted Locations... -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "chriske911" wrote: > I would like a way to set macro security thru GPO for Exc...

Create a form in one database and then copy and paste to another
You guys have been great with your help. I created a form in a database, quite by accident that I got it the way I wanted it as I am still learning by trial and error, and reviewing this board... Anyway, I created this form, tried to twick it and screwed it up totally. I have the form before I messes with it backed up on a zip drive. Is there anyway to copy just a form from one datebase and place into another database? There is also a few forms in templates that would work great for me with just a minor adjustment here an there, but how can I get them into the database without cre...

Text boxes not printing...in Word 2007
When placing a text box over an image - it shows in the Word document. But when printing, it either does not print the text at all or only prints a few characters. I'm running Word 2007. Thank You Constance At Office Button | Word Options | Display, make sure you have "Print drawings created in Word" checked. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "caharbin" <caharbin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52724686-D7AC-4146-9414-60712CFEF672@microsoft.com... > ...

How do I control a text box via another combo box
I have read through dsome o the other answers and I just can't seem to get it. I have a table called employee information. Within that table are two fields. Retail Title and Retail Incentive. I have a form with a combo box for the the Retail Title. This field looks to a table called Retial titles which is two fields...Title and Incentive What I want to do is have it so when I choose a title in the form it populates the incentive in another text box. The combo box column count = 2 What should by settings be for my text box?(That of course if I should be using a t...

Automatic Macro execution
I have a DATA.CSV file with numerical data. I wish to view this data, using a chart and macro which is located in a different COIL_VIEWER.XLS excel file. Is there a way to open the DATA.CSV file, and automatically execute the macro which is located in the other file (COIL_VIEWER.XLS) without any operator intervention?? Thank you, JOhn Probably want to stick the macro in "personal.xls" and then people could open that CSV file with a click of a button on the tool bar. No programming required. Just record keystrokes. -- HansM "John Gilchrist" <tremont-tech@worl...

Copy Word macro to colleague
Hi, I have created a simple but useful Word macro, that I access by clicking on a customized button on the toolbar. I want to send that macro to a colleague, together with the customized button, but without having to send my Normal.dot file over. In addition, I would like to automate the process so that the macro, together with the button, automatically installs itself on my colleague's version of Word? I use Word 2002. Thank you for your assistance. See the article "Distributing macros to other users" at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/DistributeMacros.htm ...

Insert text in a cell with a macro
I have a series of numbers (SSN) that I need to turn into text, so I want a macro that will put an apostrophe and a zero at the beginning of the numbers. I know that there are other ways to change a number to text (formatting, find/replace to add the apostrophe) but for what we are doing, manually editing to add the apostrophe and zero is the only thing that works. SO.. to my question. When I make the macro to do this, of course it simply adds the apostrophe and zero and repeats the number from the first cell over and over again. How can I make it select each cell's new data, mo...

adding cells which include numbers and text
Hi, I am hugely ignorant regarding excel, no training, and apparrently no brain... What I need to do is allocate a number to a placing i.e. 1st = 100, 2nd = 99, 3rd = 98 etc. If A5 (for example) has 1st in it, I put in A6: =101-A5, but it will not add it because of the text. How do I get the formula to ignore the text in A5??? Shelley ;) Hi! One way: =101-SUBSTITUTE(A5,RIGHT(A5,2),"")*1 Biff "Shelley" <shelleymcadam@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1130215231.476700.153960@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I am hugely ignorant regarding excel, no trai...