Automatic shift of cursor while typing

I using Windows Office Word 2007. Often when I'm typing a document the cursor
 automatically shifts from where I'm typing to another place in the document
where I've previously typed.

For example, I might be typing "the quick brown fox jumped the log" and
while I'm typing, say, "fox", the cursor will jump to the middle of a
sentence previously typed on that page.

Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, can you tell me how to correct
the problem?

Thanks.

Laptop? Turn off the touchpad or reduce its sensitivity.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Ladd" <Ladd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I using Windows Office Word 2007. Often when I'm typing a document the
>cursor
> automatically shifts from where I'm typing to another place in the
> document
> where I've previously typed.
>
> For example, I might be typing "the quick brown fox jumped the log" and
> while I'm typing, say, "fox", the cursor will jump to the middle of a
> sentence previously typed on that page.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem and, if so, can you tell me how to
> correct
> the problem?
>
> Thanks.

0
Suzanne

Subtracting lunch breaks from different shift times
I am trying to calculate the time spent by operators on the shop floor actually working on a product. I have the start times and end times but these times also include lunch breaks. Is there anyway in Excel I can actually subtract the time of the lunch break. For example if the operator works from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm I would like to subtract 30 min from it (12:00-12:30). If the operator works from 11:00 to 12:15 and then 12:30 to 2:00 pm I would like to subtract 15 min from it (12:00-12:15) and add the remaining time (12:30 -2:00). I have 1000 rows and doing this manually would take a lot of...

OE removes access to certain types of files on e-mails
Grateful for anyone to tell me how I can set Outlook to NOT automatically remove certain types of files eg PDF, HTML, DAT files etc. Are they removing them or blocking them? See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for ways to get the attachments off. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm If you use OE, hit forward on a message or disable it in tools | options | security. On 25 Apr 2004 02:07, "Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Grateful for anyone to tell me how I can set Outlook ...

How to open files type .sxw
I can't open open office files from friends with the .sxw file type. I have Windows 98se and office 97. Is there a stand alone free program that I can down load to open such files. I would guess you'd have to download Open Office. "Ernest" <Ernest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:59FD9EAB-CCED-4C88-8A57-F98402427ED0@microsoft.com... > I can't open open office files from friends with the .sxw file type. I = have=20 > Windows 98se and office 97. Is there a stand alone free program that I = can=20 > down load to open such files. In addit...

Make a formula
Is it possible with Excel 2000 to automatically make a list of all the formulas you are using in your spreadsheet to print them. Thanks...Steve -- Steven E ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Steven E.'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1512 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26758 This subroutine makes a new sheet (Formulas in Sheen N) in which all formulas are listed together with cell reference and value. Not mine-own but I have lost the reference to the author but I thank h...

Invalid Value types in Lookup field
I am new at Access and don't really know what I am doing. I created two tables... 1. contact information 2. subcontractors used at job sites. I created a lookup field for the subcontractors so when I create reports or queries I can connect the subcontractors with their contact information. I set the field to text, but everytime I try to put the cursor in the field it comes up with an error message saying that the value isn't valid for the field. How do I get it to stop doing this? Your first problem was defining a "lookup field" -- I'm sure Microsoft was tryi...

Dynamics GP 9.0
When you install Dynamics GP 9.0 from the CD, in the Insallation Type window you will see Server Option or Client Option. The first option should technically say "Server & Client", not just Server. Needless to say, when you Install Server, it installs Client as well. Thanks Girish ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft...

vlookup type problem
I've a problem that a standard vlookup will not solve for me as it always returns the first value it finds. My problem can be illustrated by the fictional example below. I have 2 tabs in a workbook; tab1 and tab2. Tab1 has one populated column and the heading of it is name. Tab2 has two populated columns and the headings are name and age. Tab1 contains the following data. Name John Mark Luke Luke Tab2 contains the following data. Name Age John 23 Mark 22 Luke 26 Luke 27 The two Lukes are different people. If I use a formula like below on Tab1, Luke will have the age 26 twice and th...

Strange error message when loading a collection with an item of user defined type
Hi, I want to store an unknown number of records, read from a txt data, into a Collection. Each record is made of 26 strings, so I defined a user-defined type Record: Const NLines As Long = 26 Type Record Lines(NLines) As String End Type Dim MyRecord As Record I also defined a Collection object to store all the record: Dim List As Collection Set List = New Collection However, when I read a record and then try to load it into List: Data.Add Item:=MyRecord I get this incomprehensible (for me) error message: "Only public user defined types defined in publ...

Automatic printing with or without a workflow process can it be done?
Hi Guys, I don't know if i'm asking this in the right place but here goes; I'm an admin seting up Microsoft CRM 1.2 and I want to know if there is any way that i print out some basic details on to a label printer when I create a case, heres the senerio we are an IT company and when small jobs come into the repair shop i want to create the case in in Microsoft CRM 1.2 which will then in turn automaticly print out the case no. along with customer name and contact phone number in plain text to a printer, this label can then be stuck to the PC being repaired also i want the work flo...

Automatic Underlining of Outgoing Emails
From the beginning, all my outgoing emails are automatically being underlined. I turn the underlining off, and the text appears to be not underlined, but when I send a test document to myself, the document I get back is all underlined text. I'm using Word 2003 as my e-mail editor. In Word 2003 options-general-email options-personal..... i turned of all underlining. Now the text still appears to be not underlined, but the outgoing message is all underlind text. When i turn off Word 2003 as my e-mail editor, the problem is solved Please help me get rid of this annoying and unsightly ...

how to get position of cursor in EDIT control??
How does one get the position of the cursor in an edit control? I am not talking about the mouse cursor and that is what GetCaretPos() and GetCursorPos() do. I am talking about the blinking vertical line. There doesn't seem to be any way to get it?? I want to be able to get it in client or screen coordinates. Thanks! "Nobody" <nobody@cox.net> wrote in message news:dpbwb.10587$Bk1.14@fed1read05... > How does one get the position of the cursor in an edit control? I am not > talking about the mouse cursor and that is what GetCaretPos() and > GetCursorPos() do. I am...

Downloads to Quicken automatically going to Money
I have Money and Quicken loaded on my PC. When I attempt to download to Quicken, it is automatically loaded to Money. How can I stop this? Install Quicken second. The last one installed takes control of the QIF extension. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh@microsoft.com especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regardin...

automatically create chart upon selecting
I have a spreadsheet containing about 50 different financial ratios for 2002 thru the current month. I want to be able to click on the name of the ratio and have a chart automatically generate using all historical data thru the current month, thus including each month as it is added. Does anyone have any suggestions? On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 07:43:30 -0800, Jason <jason.loesch@zinpro.com> wrot= e: > I have a spreadsheet containing about 50 different > financial ratios for 2002 thru the current month. I want > to be able to click on the name of the ratio and have a > char...

Automatic printing
Is it possible to use a macro to print out a worksheet when a cell in that worksheet contains a specified number? I have a worsheet that pulls info from another program and I want it to print when cell d6 is at 10. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try the following: Right click on the worksheet TAB>View Code then enter the following code Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Not Intersect(Target, Range("d6"...

Automatically add 1 until a number is found
Hiya, I am developing a spreadsheet which basically grosses-up a paymen which i have to make to an employee. What I'd like to do is take a cell and add 1 automatically until th number equals a specific equation. Is this feasible? Thanks Jame -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Have a look at Tools / Goal Seek. It might be what you are looking for. -- Andy. "jkyndt >" <<jkyndt.1a3rda@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jkyndt.1a3rda@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hiya, > > I am developing a spreadsheet which basically grosses-u...

With start-up my printer automatically re-prints all work. Why?
I have a new OKI B63000 printer and every morning with Windows Start-Up, my printer automatically re-prints all my day's work, needlessly wasting a lot of paper and toner. I imagine there is a command somewhere for this. How can I stop it? Might look in scheduled tasks. How To Schedule Tasks in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308569/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Andry C" <Andry C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D092C731-CE6D-403A-B7B3-6C3C57C2F92D@microsoft....

Print Template automatically Filled with data in another worksheet
I have a Form in Sheet2 like: Name: B2 Company B3 Department B4 Emp #: B5 and list of Employees A2:D123 (more than 100 employees) with above details in Sheet1. I want to Print Sheet2 for each of the employee with its details. I know It can be easily done with Word Mail Merge option but the form created in Excel could not be easily developed in MS Word. Is there any solution. Regards. Murtaza, You would need to use a macro: Sub PrintEmOut() Dim myCell As Range For Each myCell In Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A2:A123") With Worksheets("Sheet2...

macro to run automatically when a field is updated
I have two form fields on an employee appraisal form. One calculates a grand average score from four different scoring areas on the form. The second field evaluates this score (using a macro) to determine the increase percentage based on the grand score. This macro is assigned to the field to run on entry. My problem is that if an evaluator goes back through the form and changes a score, they must click in this percentage field to get it to update to the correct value. My question is: how could I make this field update automatically anytime a change is made anywhere on t...

Updating form automatically
Hello Everybody, I have two columns in a table which are sources of dropdown boxes in a form. In the form, when the value in one dropdown box is changed by the user, how can I automatically update second dropdown box according to the data in the table. For example in case of "copyone" as value in first dropdown box, second drop down box has "paperone". When "copyone" is changed by "copytwo", "paperone" should be changed with "papertwo". So far I am unable to do this successfully either with SQL or VB. Any ideas will be highly a...

Error 2035 X500 Address Type Missing
Pure Ex2003 SP1 site (after 5.5 migration several months ago). Other 4 sites in Exchange Org are pure 5.5. Everything seems to be running ok, no ADC errors, no RUS errors, no SRS errors... Just got error 2035 ExchangeSA after changing (via ADUC) new user's misspelled last name on all his e-mail address types. "The e-mail address description object in the Microsoft Exchange directory for the 'X500' address type on 'i386' machines is missing." (Did not get 2027 or 2037 errors about any missing .dll) Following KB 326962 -- Using Adsiedit to check, x.500 is n...

Keyboard shortcut for cursor
Hello, What keyboard shortcut can I use to put the cursor in a cell that is highlighted? I am tired of double clicking a cell to get the cursor to appear. Thanks! F2 "Baylis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1801b01c449df$9f4bdbe0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > What keyboard shortcut can I use to put the cursor in a > cell that is highlighted? > > I am tired of double clicking a cell to get the cursor to > appear. > > Thanks! > > Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >F2 > >"Baylis&quo...

superimpose type
need to superimpose "draft" across excel pages suggestions? Here's a copy of a reply to this subject from Ron de Bruin, -------------------------------------------------- You can use Word Art, remove the lines, color with 25% gray, click semi-transparent (or in latest version set the transparency to your desire). Rotate to desired angle. On the screen, when you type over the mark, it looks a bit fuzzy but prints out wonderfully If you have many to do try this: Here is some code from L. Howard Kittle. In this Zip file you can find 4 example workbooks with code to insert wat...

I want cursor to go to "To" box when beginning a message.
When I start a new email, the cursor is automatically in the area where you type the message. "charqa" wrote in message news:BCE555DC-F04D-4565-A611-7FA337CAA961@microsoft.com... > When I start a new email, the cursor is automatically in the area > where you > type the message. Goes to the "To" field for me in Outlook 2002 using Outlook's own embedded e-mail editor. Don't know which version you are using or if you're using the embedded editor or Word for new mails. You could try starting Outlook in its safe mode ("outlook.exe /safe&quo...

is there a way to automatically delete NDRs in the Queue
How can I automatically delete NDR messags in the queue? "North Coast Sea Foods" <jleonard@northcoastseafoods.com> wrote in message news:%23x22UXR%23GHA.4704@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How can I automatically delete NDR messags in the queue? I don't think you can delete them automatically, but you can stop them being generated in the first place. In ESM, go to Global Settings/Internet Message Formats/Default/Properties/Advanced . The ones that are already queued will disappear in a few days' time. Lee. -- _______________________________________ Outlook Web ...

How to not show particular Activity Types
Does anyone have a suggestion to hide particular activity types (such as Fax, Service Request, Campaign Response) when a user clicks Add Activity? We have a call center that will only be scheduling tasks for other users, so we want to hide all of the unused items. We are in 3.0. Thanks for any suggestions -- Steve Luc Senior Consultant InfoGrow Corp (330)929-1353 x222 ...