Active Directory Domain Service Unavailable. What does this mean?

I am using Windows 7 on a brand new Sony Vaio laptop.  I am trying to print
with my Dell V305 bluetooth enabled printer.  Bought bluetooth "adapter"
which plugs into USB port since laptop was not bluetooth enabled.  When I
click on "Find Printer" it gives me an error message saying, "Active
Directory Domain Services Unavailable".  I'm not sure what this means or what
to do about it.  All I really want to do is find the printer.  Can someone
help?

Are you printing from Word? Word must see a locally installed, compatible
printer driver set as the Windows Default printer. My guess is that the
message is erroneous and that the printer setup you are using is
incompatible.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Shiloh" <Shiloh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using Windows 7 on a brand new Sony Vaio laptop.  I am trying to
> print
> with my Dell V305 bluetooth enabled printer.  Bought bluetooth "adapter"
> which plugs into USB port since laptop was not bluetooth enabled.  When I
> click on "Find Printer" it gives me an error message saying, "Active
> Directory Domain Services Unavailable".  I'm not sure what this means or
> what
> to do about it.  All I really want to do is find the printer.  Can someone
> help?

16
Terry
12/17/2009 5:23:13 PM
I'm also using Windows 7 on my recently purchased VAIO laptop and I've been printing wirelessly to my Brother HL2170W printer till yesterday when I received an error message stating "the active Directory Domain is currently unavailable" and I'm writing to determine what I need to do to fix the problem so I can print from my laptop again wirelessly. . The other
15
Bill
1/5/2010 2:11:46 PM
As Terry indicated, the message is probably erroneous and the problem is
somewhere with you wireless network setup.  e.g. wireless turned off on the
laptop.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Bill Schlacks" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
> I'm also using Windows 7 on my recently purchased VAIO laptop and I've
> been printing wirelessly to my Brother HL2170W printer till yesterday when
> I received an error message stating "the active Directory Domain is
> currently unavailable" and I'm writing to determine what I need to do to
> fix the problem so I can print from my laptop again wirelessly. . The
> other
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl:
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.word.application.errors/Active-Directory-Domain-Service-Unavailable-What-does-t

1
Doug
1/5/2010 10:23:00 PM
I have the same problem, with a slightly different message in XP, after
having used the printer before, and a search of the Mighty MS doesn't even
come up with the error message except here.

Clearly it is a network issue and why anyone wants to advertise
"professional services" when that is all they  have to say, I don't know.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

> As Terry indicated, the message is probably erroneous and the problem is
> somewhere with you wireless network setup.  e.g. wireless turned off on the
> laptop.
>
> --
> Hope this helps,
>
> Doug Robbins - Word MVP
>
> Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on
> a paid professional basis.
>
> "Bill Schlacks" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
> > I'm also using Windows 7 on my recently purchased VAIO laptop and I've
> > been printing wirelessly to my Brother HL2170W printer till yesterday when
> > I received an error message stating "the active Directory Domain is
> > currently unavailable" and I'm writing to determine what I need to do to
> > fix the problem so I can print from my laptop again wirelessly. . The
> > other
> >
> > ---
> > frmsrcurl:
> > http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.word.application.errors/Active-Directory-Domain-Service-Unavailable-What-does-t
>
> .

So what is the error message that you are receiving?  Are you also trying to
use a wireless connection to a printer?  Was the printer used before on that
computer with the same type of connection?

It is quite easy on some laptops to inadvertently turn off either BlueTooth
or Wireless, so the suggestion to the previous poster that it might be
turned off is not at all unreasonable.

I am not advertising professional services.  Rather, requesting that
way, neither I, nor the majority of the persons who provide assistance in
these newsgroups, work for Microsoft.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Elind" <Elind@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the same problem, with a slightly different message in XP, after
> having used the printer before, and a search of the Mighty MS doesn't even
> come up with the error message except here.
>
> Clearly it is a network issue and why anyone wants to advertise
> "professional services" when that is all they  have to say, I don't know.
>

> "Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:
>
>> As Terry indicated, the message is probably erroneous and the problem is
>> somewhere with you wireless network setup.  e.g. wireless turned off on
>> the
>> laptop.
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps,
>>
>> Doug Robbins - Word MVP
>>
>> Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services
>> on
>> a paid professional basis.
>>
>> "Bill Schlacks" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
>> > I'm also using Windows 7 on my recently purchased VAIO laptop and I've
>> > been printing wirelessly to my Brother HL2170W printer till yesterday
>> > when
>> > I received an error message stating "the active Directory Domain is
>> > currently unavailable" and I'm writing to determine what I need to do
>> > fix the problem so I can print from my laptop again wirelessly. . The
>> > other
>> >
>> > ---
>> > frmsrcurl:
>> > http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.word.application.errors/Active-Directory-Domain-Service-Unavailable-What-does-t
>>
>> .

0
Doug
1/19/2010 2:01:09 AM
I agree. Your advice sucks. To disregard a legitimate question and/or
message as erroneous is a clear indication of your lack of knowledge.
Thanks for no help.

If anyone else other than the previous posters would like to reply, I
recently used a wireless card on my laptop. Now I cannot print from
Word, with the same wireless printer I had used previous to the card.
Thanks
5
hks1102
1/26/2010 2:38:47 PM
I think you misunderstood the use of the word 'erroneous'. I was not
accusing the poster or anyone else of being erroneous rather I was saying
that the error message was erroneous: the failure to print has nothing to do
with ADDS not being available. The problem is with the wireless printer
driver. It has been reported with both Brother and HP wireless printers.

Try uninstalling (deleting) the printer, making sure that you have the
latest driver and then reinstall following the vendor's instructions.

Terry Farrell

"hks1102" <hollisims@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I agree. Your advice sucks. To disregard a legitimate question and/or
> message as erroneous is a clear indication of your lack of knowledge.
> Thanks for no help.
>
> If anyone else other than the previous posters would like to reply, I
> recently used a wireless card on my laptop. Now I cannot print from
> Word, with the same wireless printer I had used previous to the card.
> Thanks

-4
Terry

Open files from Windows Sharepoint Services
Hi all, Is any way to open a file directly from WSS 3.0 without insert a login? Every time I open a Word or Excel file from WSS 3.0. It prompt me an username and password. Although it is working fine, is any way to skip this because I feel all user login to WSS, they already insert the information. Why we need to insert again and again? KF Thomas SHIU ------=_NextPart_0001_D45576F1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Have you tried adding the site the trusted sites zone? Harish K ------=_NextPart_0001_D45576F1 Content-Type: text/x-rtf Co...

Report call times out when called through web service but not through Report Manager
Hello all, I have a Reporting Services report that runs fine when I run it from Visual Studio. It also runs fine from Report Manager. However, when I run it from an .aspx page named RSRenderReport.aspx, I get a timeout error after about 100 seconds. I have set the following: In the web.config: <httpRuntime executionTimeout="300" maxRequestLength="300000" /> In the code behind, RSRenderReport.aspx.vb: Dim objRS As New ReportingService.ReportExecutionService objRS.Timeout = -1 The error returned is: ****BEGIN ERROR MESSAGE***** Mess...

why is my queues full with domains mail i dont reconize
i have exchange 2003 and the queues is full with other domains mails. no matter what i do it still fills up. so when i send my mail out it seems to get stuck and not go out util i reboot the exchage server. this is getting crazy. ive been looing into my relay setting follow all the advice. So how do i clear out these domain now that i have locked down the relay stuff Sounds like you are getting Reverse NDR spammed. You can apply a recipient filter to your SMTP virtual server that will drop all email to non-existent recipients instead of sending an NDR. In the system manager, expand ...

Reporting Services Sharepoint Add-in
I have recently setup SRSS in integrated mode and everything seems fine. I am using SQL Server 2005 with WSS 3.0 as part of a project server installation. Previously I had been using SRSS in native mode. The setup of SRSS has all completed successfully and I have gone in to Sharepoint Central administration and done all the Reporting Services configuration. I now want to set up a site on my server to publish all my reports to. However, the Report Center template that is constantly referred to is not available. Where do I go from here? ...

Updates are temporarily unavailable
I know many are having this problem with Yodlee, and I've asked before with no response. I cannot update 2 of my accounts that use Yodlee today. BUT I am able to occasionally. I've given up spending hours of creating new accounts, clearing Web site, etc etc... as instructed by tech. Now I find that on certain days it does indeed work. Can it be that Yodlee is shutting down? I find this error message listed under Money Sychronization. Both accounts cannot be synchronized. I was settling for doing my work manually, but when it works off and on like this I just wonder. I have a...

Outlook Service Pack 3
After upgrading to Ser Pack 3 I continually receive a prompt (error message) when sending an email. The message reads ...A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do want to allow or deny access. As I am sending an email I assume I will be accessing my contacts...any thoughts on how to turn this message off. Have looked through security settings but no luck. Might want to take a look at http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems to see if anything listed here might be causing this prompt. "Ches" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

trade discounts on service call invoices
We would like to be able to have the option of excluding trade discounts on service call invoices. Right now, the trade discount is automatically created on the invoice from the service call. We would like to be able to turn off that feature. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

Deactivate/Disable User and activities
Hi. Is there any effects on activities (open, scheduled, completed or cancelled) if a user is Disabled/Deactivated? Would other users be able to manage the activities. Thank you. -- Cheers Sue Hi, before disabling your user, you could first assign his open activities to one or more other users before deactivating him "Sue" wrote: > Hi. > > > Is there any effects on activities (open, scheduled, completed or cancelled) > if a user is Disabled/Deactivated? > > Would other users be able to manage the activities. > > Thank you. > > -- &g...

Blocking relay, blocking bad domains.
I have a ton of relay goin on against my exchange server, when i open the que i see around 20 outgoing mail ques for the same domain...10kwiazrd.com, luxurylink.com etc etc... I know these are not clients we are emailing, they must be relaying mail off my server. Besides spending $600 for Anti-Virus software that does reverse DNS how can i block anyone from relaying off my exchange server...I only want my server sending mail that MY users are sending. Please help. In Exchange Manager, in Global Settings, Internet Message Formats make sure you block all NDR's (Non0delivery recei...

limit domain admin group access in Exchange environment
We have exchange 2003 and we need to limit the access the domain admins have from editing accounts but it still allows them to view key fuctions like view the Exchange server manager console, but are not able to edit the mailboxes or accounts. Thanks Right, you shouldn't make those people "Domain Admins". They should have rights only on applicable OUs. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2CE5FB8-C280-4213-8828-2C7B860524C6@microsoft.com......

domain upgrade path... need comments please
current config: NT server domain 100+ users. 1 PDC, 1 BDC, 1 server running exchange 5.5 we need to upgrade this to server 2003 AD domain w/ exchange 2003 without missing a beat. the final config will have 2 active directory DC's, and one member server running exchange. any thoughts on this? if possible we like to NOT run OS installs as upgrades. we are buying new servers and would like to more or less configure the new domain and exchange installation off line, away from the current network. with this method, is there a simple way to migrate over all user accounts and exchange mailbox...

Mail within a (demo) domain doesn't arrive
Hi, we are building up a single-domain machine within our organization to be able to give demonstration on a particular piece of software which need a small domain. We are using a Windows Server 2003 (Enterprise) pc with MS SQL Server 2000 and Exchange 2000 SP3. (The reason we are not using Exchange 2003 is because the demo software isn't released for Exchange 2003) So we created our own domain (demo.com) and created a user on this domain with a mailbox. When we try to send an email to this user (user@demo.com) it is sended (at least it disappears from the outbox) but doesn't arrive...

New to Sub Domains
In AD I am planing to create a sub domain. I have have HQ Users in a root domain "domain.local" and then an Orlando office in a sub domain "Orlando.domain.local". The Orlando users currently have accounts in the root domain with Exchange mailboxes boxes. I am plaining a local exchange in Orlando in this new domain but: 2 Questions: Any "gotcha's" to putting an exchange server in "Orlando.domain.local" and allowing both the exchange servers to get inbound external email for the same public domain name? How do I handle the user migration? Cre...

Activity Roll up
Hi, I was just wondering if the activity roll up within an account includes activities created in custom entities which are related to that account? If not, any ideas on how to do this? Help please.... :( Activity rollup in V3.0 does not support rolling up from custom entities. Thanks for your suggestion. We will consider this feature for a future release. An Issue has been entered into our tracking data base. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. © 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserve...

Activation Code for Money 2004 Deluxe
Can anyone get this link to work with either button. I keep getting the page can not be displayed. http://shop.microsoft.com/MoneyUpgrade/PurchaseQuestion.as p?SKU=860- 00211&SKUName=Mohttp://shop.microsoft.com/MoneyUpgrade/Pur chaseQuestion.asp?SKU=860-00211&SKUName=Money%20Deluxe% 202003%20English%20Upgrade%20From%20Money% 20Trial&img=/OMLibrary/images/X0880521frs.jpg Jason, Just use the link without the SKU: http://shop.microsoft.com/MoneyUpgrade/PurchaseQuestion.asp Good Luck! Regards, JB "jasona@arnell-west.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Setting up online services for multiple accounts at same bank
I'm having trouble establishing automatic updates for multiple accounts at the same bank. Specifically, I can't seem to automatically download transactions for my credit and my wife's credit both held with MBNA. I can set one up just fine, but Money doesn't seem to let me set the second one up. At least not intuitively. Any ideas? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, phudrick wrote: >I'm having trouble establishing automatic updates for multiple accounts at >the same bank. Specifically, I can't seem to automatically download >transactions for my cred...

Activating Workbooks...
I'm creating a VB macro that needs to activate multiple workbooks that all have a different name. I.E. workbook 1 = 91547.645 workbook 2 = 93284.670 workbook 3 = 91549.680 where the first five characters are the fund number, and the last three characters are the workstation number I don't want the macro to care which workstation the fund is on, and just activate the workbook based on the fund number... I got the workbooks to open using fundnumber & ".*"... but I can't activate or close the workbooks by using the ".*" Anyone know a solution?...

How to setup a rule to forward rule in Outlook (xp or 2003) to forward emails from a certain domain when app isnt running?
There is a shared mailbox owned by one of the departments. One of the individuals in that department needs emails coming from one specified domain to be forwarded to his email account, but not the other emails that come in. I set up a rule in Outlook (I tried XP and 2003) while logged in as the shared mailbox to foward emails based on the content of the email address to that user. However, when I clicked finish I got the message that this is a client side rule and will only run when Outlook is open. This is next to useless as no one logs on as this shared mailbox. Is there any way to make this...

Schedule Recurring Activity: Call
I'm trying to figure out how to set up a recurring call in Workflow. For example: under Account, I have a rule set up to schedule a call XX number of days after it has been assigned. When account is assigned if Account.customertypecode = Customer then Phone Call: &account.name; end if stop Does anyone know how to set up a call so it's get scheduled every XX days automatically? Thanks! Sean Powers ...

Add new activity after the creation of a baseline
Good afternoon. I would like to know how I could manage the following situation in Project 2007: 0. a new project has been created 1. activities for the project have been created 2. a baseline has been traced 3. the customer has posted some new requirements and we want to create new activities in the project without altering the original baseline Solution: We could create a new baseline (baseline 1) to register the planned work hours for the new activities Problem: When we want to calculate enterprise ressources productivity using a project server cube or when we want...

"Service Unavailable" Error Message in Outlook 2002
Hi All, Appreciate for your help here. When launching an ASPX page that contains Microsoft WebService Behavior 1.0.1.1120, within Outlook 2002, The web service returns error "Service Unavailable". But when there is no problem lauching from that aspx page from IE 6. Thanks, Dao Hi "Dao Trinh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5c5201c3e5e7$a5a75980$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > Appreciate for your help here. > > When launching an ASPX page that contains Microsoft > WebService Behavior 1.0.1.1120, within Outlook 200...

Setting up OWA External Access, No FQDN, using .local domain.
Hello everyone, I am trying to enable users to access OWA externally on our SBS 2003 server. Current set up is XXXXX.local as the domain name with XXXX.org registered but currently only forwarding to a hosted website. Running ISA 2004 on the server as well. OWA and RWW work fine internally but I am struggling to publish these services externally. Currently using a Draytek router with a static IP address. I know that changing the domain is not a practical option in SBS 2003 and have tried using OWA publishing rule & web listener but still unable ...

error joining to domain
Trying to join one last XP Pro computer to a SBS2008 box. Previously the system was joined to the SBS2003 box but I unjoined and now I am logged in as the local admin and when I try to join to the new SBS box using the connect wizard I get a message stating that I don't have permissions to save the file to comutername\.... I am not trying to save it to a temporary internet folder, I am trying to run it. Searched all over google and now I am about to format the system and start over but there are tons of user programs that will need to be reloaded so I am looking for any ...

triggering a workflow activity when another workflow is finished
I have a workflow in CRM 4.0 that has 2 steps - the first step runs a child workflow and the second step sends out an email dependent on the first step's results. Unfortunately, the second step starts before the child workflow in the first step is completed - not what I want to do. How do I make the second step wait for the child workflow to finish? On Jan 24, 5:34=A0pm, Laura Bennett <l...@embracepetinsurance.com> wrote: > I have a workflow in CRM 4.0 that has 2 steps - the first step runs a > child workflow and the second step sends out an email dependent on the > first...

How can i change Calendar on the appointment page on activities ??
Dear All, i have a big problem on CRM, as a client wants to change the Gregorian Calendar from all pages of the CRM to Hijri Calendar as example (or any other calendars in the universe) on CRM 1.2. Any FeedBAck is mostly appreciated Best Regards ...