WISHLIST: new over old, boot format, compress/copy hidden

I'm wondering where we suggest things we'd like in future Windows?

I wish when you overwrite files, that you can have a feature/option
which saves the newer version.

I'm upset I can't format a boot disk on USB.

I've often gtten in trouble because I copoed or compressed something
and hidden files didn't come along. Sometimes on the same disk.

				    - = -
   http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm  http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2
  ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice.  Everything fully disclaimed.}---

vjp2

vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com wrote:
> I'm wondering where we suggest things we'd like in future Windows?
>
> I wish when you overwrite files, that you can have a feature/option
> which saves the newer version.

Windows Vista and Win7 have the ability to save previous versions
0
philo
3/16/2010 11:48:56 PM
vjp2 wrote:

> I wish when you overwrite files, that you can have a feature/option
> which saves the newer version.

Already there in Windows Vista, and up.  It's a function of the NT Backup
program that was updated to provide a file versioning function.

> I'm upset I can't format a boot disk on USB.

So you are not allowed to reformat any USB-attached mass storage (fixed or
removable) device?

> I've often gtten in trouble because I copoed or compressed something
> and hidden files didn't come along. Sometimes on the same disk.

That's been available for a very long time.  Configure Windows Explorer to
show hidden files.  Then you can select them as you can the other files.
0
VanguardLH
3/17/2010 2:09:10 AM
  Getting in touch with microsoft isnt very hard,scroll to the bottom of
 this page,locate "contact us"....

"vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com" wrote:

> I'm wondering where we suggest things we'd like in future Windows?
>
> I wish when you overwrite files, that you can have a feature/option
> which saves the newer version.
>
> I'm upset I can't format a boot disk on USB.
>
> I've often gtten in trouble because I copoed or compressed something
> and hidden files didn't come along. Sometimes on the same disk.
>

> 				    - = -
>  Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus, BioStrategist
>    http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm  http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2
>   ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice.  Everything fully disclaimed.}---
>    [Homeland Security means private firearms not lazy obstructive guards]
>  [Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Phooey on GUI: Windows for subprime Bimbos]
>

> .

Setting up a new e-mail account

Fractions Number format

printing multiple copies of Sigel GmbH

Date format 04-11-06

Boot Ini Problem
Hi, I am getting the following error message: Invalid Boot Ini Booting from C:/Windows So I research this problem and create a new Boot Ini file and when I reboot I still get this error. I have not attempted yet to do a repair using my XP media, is this what I need to do to fix this problem? Or is there a less painful way to fix this? Thank you. Maybe this will help. You will be interested mainly in the Bootcfg command. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058 "AIANDAS" <AIANDAS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E04022F-4DC2-...

copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

Copy and close code
Hi, I have a worksheet which uses an indirect formula to search through a series of files/sheets based on an address to return a value from cell AE20. Once the data has been copied for all the previous days I would like a copy/paste values to occur to replace any of the values returned by the formula. In AU10:AU381 there is a 1 or 0 for each row. 1 meaning that a copy/pastevalues can be performed (decided by if the date is < today), and zero if i need to keep the formulas. Is it possible to have a copy/paste values code for only sheets 2-4 which works when the file is...

IM Add New Batch
GP 10 on 2003 Terminal Server. How do you create a Payables Batch in the IM in preparation for importing to the Payables Transaction destination? Alternatively, how must GP be set up to ensure that the “Add New Batch” rule works correctly? With the Add New Batch rule set the IM crashes (see my post Integration Manager 10 Crashes). Additionally the characteristics of the Add New Batch rule do not match the required information which I understand to be Origin and Checkbook ID. I figured there might be some default settings for Origin and Checkbook ID in the setup somewhere but was not a...

Formatting in CSV
Hi I create a Comma Separated Value file (csv) from my VB application, then open that file with Excel. Excel recognises the commas, and splits the records into separate fields as expected. Can I set properties for rows or columns or cells ? Like bolding, or font size, etc. Thanks Robert -- RobertLees ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RobertLees's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26580 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486488 Yes. Even though the .csv file contains no fo...

Format List Box!

How can I sum only amounts that are in BOLD format within a column
Hi! I need to get a total from a worksheet that has hundreds of amounts in it. However, I only need the total of the amounts that were marked with have BOLD font. Please help me I don't have much experience with EXCEL. Thank you very much! W a n d a try this for column D Sub sumbold() x = Cells(Rows.Count, "d").End(xlUp).Row For Each c In Range(Cells(2, 4), Cells(x, 4)) If c.Font.Bold Then mysum = mysum + c Next MsgBox mysum End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wanda" <Wanda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89A268A6-...

Exchange 2007 CCR after reseeding storage group copies
We have an Exchange 2007 CCR cluster that sits on two Windows Server 2008 Enterprise nodes. Due to problems with one node, I evicted it from the cluster and rebuilt it, reinstalling Exchange using the custom / install passive node setup. I used 'Update Storage Group Copy' (with the option selected to 'Delete any existing log files in the target path') to reseed the active databses. It seemed to go OK, and the storage groups status in the Database Management window became 'healthy'. However, when I tried to move the clustered mailbox server on to the new node f...

Moving exchange 5.5 to a new server exchange 2003
Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ray http://www.microsoft.com/usa/webcasts/ondemand/2340.asp http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en- us;exch2003 Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server >-----Original Message----- >Good day all... how do I move exchange 5.5 to a brand new >exchange server 2003. The new server will be in a new >organization. Any info would be greatly appreciated. > >Thanks, >Ray > >. ...

Named range using conditional formatting
Hi, I have a named cell called Econvert which contains the conversion rate from Dollars to Euros. I am creating a template for others to use and I need to add a conditional format for when users forget to divide their inputs by the Econvert. For example, if they enter a salary number as $40,000 I want them to divide this number by Econvert so that the end result is =$40,000/Econvert. I would like the cell to become red if they forget to divide by Econvert which is why I think that conditional formatting would help. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. You could create a UDF and use that in the ...