WINXP Pro Welcome Screen Password

I recently purchased a refurbished PC that came with a Genuine copy of
WINXP Pro SP3.

This version of WINXP has a problem with the Welcome logon screen, as
described in KB917556 - "When you try to log on to a Windows XP-based
computer from the Welcome logon screen, you cannot type your password."

Has anyone found a fix for this problem (other than Ctrl-Alt-Del to
logon by explicitly typing the User name and Password)?

Thanks.
0
rb

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291559/

of course you would still need to log on first using
Ctrl-Alt-Del to
logon by explicitly typing the User name and Password

peter

or disruptive,please ignore it.

"rb" <not_for_reply_address@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I recently purchased a refurbished PC that came with a Genuine copy of
> WINXP Pro SP3.
>
> This version of WINXP has a problem with the Welcome logon screen, as
> described in KB917556 - "When you try to log on to a Windows XP-based
> computer from the Welcome logon screen, you cannot type your password."
>
> Has anyone found a fix for this problem (other than Ctrl-Alt-Del to logon
> by explicitly typing the User name and Password)?
>
> Thanks.

0
peter

Prompting for password
IT is running exchange 2000 and clients are running outlook 2000, xp, & 03. Active Directory is in place. Why does the user get the authentication box when getting into outlook. We have changed the setting to None, NT Password Authentication(Default), & No password. ...

lost password #2
Hi I have forgotten a password of the worksheet I protected. Now after long time when I tried to unprotect it I just could not unprotect it. Could someone help me please overcome this problem. Please. Thank you Gina http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html Regards, Peo Sjoblom "GINA" wrote: > Hi > > I have forgotten a password of the worksheet I protected. Now after long > time when I tried to unprotect it I just could not unprotect it. Could > someone help me please overcome this problem. Please. > > Thank you > Gina > > &g...

Someone has checked remember password
Someone has checked remember password and it automatically logons on as them. How can I uncheck that box, because the logon pop-up doesnt come up anymore? "jess" <jpaire@netadyne.com> wrote in news:1145627295.527900.44150 @e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com: > Someone has checked remember password and it automatically logons on as > them. How can I uncheck that box, because the logon pop-up doesnt come > up anymore? Change their password? Regards, -- R. Arlo Clizer FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com On 21 Apr 2006 06:48:15 -0700, "...

Screen shot of forms
What is the best way to get an image of a particular form for documentation purposes? On May 21, 5:53 pm, Wavequation <Wavequat...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What is the best way to get an image of a particular form for documentation > purposes? Press Alt+PrtScrn keys to capture to the clipboard. Then open Word or Excel and paste the image. When I do that, I get a screen shot of the entire Access window. Is there any way to limit the shot to the form alone? Thanks! "Tbone" wrote: > On May 21, 5:53 pm, Wavequation > <Wavequat...@discussions.mic...

bug in Screen Saver sample in Visual Studio 6.0
I'm trying to fix a bug in the Screen Saver sample in the Visual Studio 6.0 suite. The following is a brief description of the bug: When the program terminates CDrawWnd remains open. There remains an empty window box in the task bar, for every instance of the terminated program. The OnDestroy event occurs, even though the window doesn't actually get destroyed. I have tried every way I can think of to destroy the window manually, but to no avail. Is there some special way to terminate a screen saver application that I need to take into consideration? Please try to e-mail me your repl...

Change of text or background color doesn't change on the screen.
In Excel, whenever I change the color of the text or highlight a cell with a different background color, it's not being reflected on the screen. Any ideas? An idea, yes: may be the conditional format. If for example the cell is supposed to become red when the value is null, and the value is null, then it will stay while the condition is true. Even if you change the "regular" color (it will appear only when the condition is false) Under Options, View, Colour is Colour set to 'Automatic' ? Does this happen on any specific sheet or in all sheets, in an specific ...

Outlook 2002 password sec & encrypt
I need to password and encrypt my Outlook so only I can access it and so no one can copy the .pst file, take it home and try to open it. It has all my ID info/ credit cards etc etc. Pleez help...Thank you (mailto: atouchofsteel@aol.com) Right click Outlook Today, select Properties, then Advanced. Set your password from there and don't forget it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no a...

What IE with XP Pro SP3??
What level of IE should I expect on a system running XP Pro SP3 assuming the installed IE was not updated?? XP installs with IE6 and unless you consciously and and deliberately upgrade IE it will remain at version 6 regardless of the service pack installed. John chuck wrote: > What level of IE should I expect on a system > running XP Pro SP3 assuming the installed > IE was not updated?? Does "not updated" mean IE6 has never been patched or IE7 and/or IE8 hasn't been installed? -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - ...

Intermittant screen saver
It seems for maybe the past couple of weeks it seems that sometimes the screen saver doesn't kick in. When the time for it to kick in comes the monitor just goes right to sleep. The odd thing is after I go and check the power settings, which all look fine, it works as it should. I have tried different screen savers as well as changes the timers. I don't know if this is from 1 of the last batch of MS updates or is there maybe a corrupt file or something. Any ideas are appreciated. TIA ...

How can I password protect a folder?
File--> Save As Tools--> General Options "NSharp" <NSharp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F35CB4CC-727D-4E00-B312-5620CE8D2C6F@microsoft.com... > Windows XP, like other sophisticated operating systems, does not provide permissions this way. Permissions are based on users and user groups. In XP Pro, make a new user group and call it something useful ("Sekrit") and assign users to that group. Don't forget to assign yourself! Then set permissions on the resource (folder) only allow members of the Sekrit group read/write or whate...

Attachment password reminder?
My company sends attachments (office files) to clients via the internet. They usually password protect these files. Is there anyway to have outlook tell the user that the attachment does not have a password? Sometimes they forget to put the password on the attachment... Thanks, J.R. ...

password to open outlook #3
Is there : 1) a way to password protect Outlook to open it (similar to OE)? (not the password to get the email on the server but to open it up initially). 2) a way to have multiple identities in Outlook (similar to OE)? Carl ...

Print a screen shot in Excel?
Can I print a screen shot in Excel? I would probably paste the screen print picture it into word and print from there but it is possible, you might provide some more information of what you are trying to do Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Teacher1" wrote: > Can I print a screen shot in Excel? Teacher1 wrote: > Can I print a screen shot in Excel? Yes - screen shots are not a function of Excel, but rather of your operating system. With XP if you hit "Print Screen" it sends a screen shot to your clip board. From there you can paste it into Paint or something and ...

Using Myriad Pro font with Word?
Can I obtain Myriad Pro font to use in Word? Myriad Pro is in Adobe In Design CS2 If you own a copy of In Design or another Adobe package that includes the font, then you can use the font in Word just like any other font that's installed in your Windows\Fonts folder. If you don't own the font yet, you will have to buy it from somewhere such as http://www.paratype.com/fstore/fonts/Myriad-Pro.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefi...

Full Screen Forms in 2007
I recently upgraded to 2007...and I'm not entirely happy. I created all my forms in 2003 and had them all full screen, working the way I wanted clients to see them,. In 2007 I have the ribbon on top and the table/forms/reports/etc box on the left. How can I get the same form behavior I had in 2003? Bruce It's not intutitive, but possible: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb258192.aspx -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access "Bruce Rodtnick" <Rodtnick@comcast.net> wrot...

Passwords for my site?
How do I create password-protected material in Publisher? You will need to chat with your ISP on this. We have a logon/password protected folder on our lodge website for the purpose of providing proprietary information to the members which works very well. In our case it required a .htpasswd and .htpasswd files plus a cgi-bin folder. For review of the steps to create password protected website on our ISP look here: https://support.iinet.com/answer.html?category=5&topic=topic=htpasswd&ost=General&osv=0 This message is not a means to create your required data, it is meant for...

Moving the Show Desktop to the Left Side of the Screen?
Has anyone tried this posted at the following link? If so, if it does not work or you don't like it, can you get back: http://forums.techarena.in/customize-desktop/1119228.htm Restore classical Taskbar in Windows 7 1. Right-click on a blank area of the taskbar and, remove the checkmark from the item "Lock the taskbar; if there is" 2. Right-click on a blank area of the taskbar and select "Properties" from the context menu 3. Put the checkmark next to "use small icons" 4. Select "Never combine" from the drop-down menu located...

Integration Manager password required??!!
Hi When i make Intigration for Inventory item i receive this error Message DOC 3 ERROR: Input box response required: 'Please Enter Password' Any Idea fo that? Best Regards Monzer Osama www.gp4arab.com try entering the item manually and see what happens. you're being prompted for some sort of inventory password, although I don't see where a password might be required. "Monzer Osama" wrote: > Hi > > When i make Intigration for Inventory item i receive this error > Message > > DOC 3 ERROR: Input box response required: 'Please Enter Pass...

Outlook 2007 crashes during taping password (rpc over http)
Outlook 2007(rpc over http) + Vista, The problem is very weird: If I connect the laptop to wired LAN it works absolute brilliant. When I disconnect it and get connect via WIFI and open and Outlook it prompt me about password what is correct (RPC over HTTP) When I type my passwodr and hit Enter it closes an application. Event log: Microsoft Office Sessions Source: Microsoft Office 12 Sessions Event ID: 7003 please help Ps. Outlook 2007(RPC over HTTP) + Windows 7 I am having the same problem, was your windows 7 an upgrade? 64 or 32 bit? H...

Outlook Screen Font
Is thereanyway to make the screen font on the Calendar, Contacts etc field bigger? ...

Outlook not accepting my password
Have Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000. Outlook was working fine then this morning when I tried to retrieve my mail, it asked me for my ID and password. When I typed them in, it again and again asks me for my ID and password as if not accepting it. Nothing has changed in my POP3 account. What gives? ...

how to stop the "Enter Network Password" pop-up?
Hello, I use Outlook 2002 SP3 on XP Home. Recently, a dialog box titled "Enter Network Password", with text "Please type your user name and password.(...)" appears on top, frequently. This box appears (on top) every few times that either I manually hit the Outlook "Send/Receive" button, or the Outlook checks for new mail automatically (every 2 minutes). Of course I type in the correct password and check "Save this password (...)" box. Does not help - again in a few times e-mail is checked, the same box will appear. I can send/receive, but the pop-u...

Unable to password-protect "VeryHidden" worksheet
Hello I'm using Excel 2007. In VBE I tried to password-protect a "VeryHidden" worksheet by going to VBAProject Properties, Protection, check the box on "Lock project for viewing" and set the password in the boxes as provided. However, each time I re-open the file (after saving and closing the file), the worksheet was not protected. When I check the VBAProject Properties, the check box of "Lock project for viewing" and the "Password to view project properties" are all back to its original state of unchecked/empty. Please advise what steps I...

Word 2004 docs not opening on my Macbook Pro

11 won't install on xp pro 64
I have Windows XP pro 64 with service pack 2, but I can not install Windows Media Player 11. Am I really able to install Windows Media Player 11? If so how can I install it? You should be able to install WMP 11 on that version of Windows. Try downloading WMP 11 from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=c6a4cecb-9cb2-42f7-8814-7cb5067ee958&displaylang=en Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk Yami15 wrote: > I have Windows XP pro 64 with service pack 2, but I can not install Windows > Media Player 11. Am I really able to install ...