Windows XP blue screen of death

I have a Dell laptop latitude and have the blue screen of death as I
have found on the web it is called.  I can't seem to find the error by
searching on the web that I have on my computer.

I have the following error:

STOP:  0x0000007e  (0xc00000005, 0x805d2018, 0xf9e513e4, 0xf9e510e0)

I read where a lot of the errors say something after but mine does
not.

Thanks to any help in advance!!

--
wevie
wevie's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/159022.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
wevie

      Check out this MS Article.  STOP:  0x0000007e   copy and paste in
google.  Many responses.
     http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330182

"wevie" <wevie.42dina@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I have a Dell laptop latitude and have the blue screen of death as I
> have found on the web it is called.  I can't seem to find the error by
> searching on the web that I have on my computer.
>
> I have the following error:
>
> STOP:  0x0000007e  (0xc00000005, 0x805d2018, 0xf9e513e4, 0xf9e510e0)
>
> I read where a lot of the errors say something after but mine does
> not.
>
> Thanks to any help in advance!!
>

> --
> wevie
> wevie's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/159022.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1276421.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Rich

sage line 50 on xp problem
Hi, I have Sage Line 50 installed on my XP Pro computer but I can't open it with the Manager - Manager username/password combination. I just get that the password is incorrect. I have tried all other passwords that I can think of and also of course no password at all. I have uninstalled the program, deleted every folder relating to Sage and also deleted all the entries in the registry that I can find. I then reinstall the program but still the same problem. Apart from reinstalling XP is there anything else someone can suggest. I am installing as administrator, there are no o...

Second window for second excel file
How to open second excel fine in seperate window Hi goto 'Tools - Options - View' and check 'Windows in taskbar' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Murthy wrote: > How to open second excel fine in seperate window ...

Office 97 & Win2k/XP
Dear All I have posted this question before but does anyone know of a workaround to access VBA running the above combination on a PC? Alt+F11 doesn't work and of course trying to load any Excel sheet with Macros returns a NO PERMISSION dialogue. I'm not going to moan about our IT Manager because he is extremely busy with other IT Projects and he states that he has been trained in hardware and programming not software. He won't upgrade the installation on the PC because he claims that no one will use the features in the newer version of Excel (which is stopping my program running...

Background color on a tab page with XP theme
I have a dialog with a tab control on it. Tab pages are created from dialog resources. When the tab control displays, the tabs are "white" and the background of the tab pages is the COLOR_BTNFACE color. When I call EnableThemeDialogTexture for the dialog page object, now the background of the dialog appears to be "white" while the tab page has a white gradient getting darker toward the bottom. This leaves an outline around where my dialog resource is being displayed. How do I get the gradient to come out right? Do I need to call DrawThemeBackground on the page?...

White screen in excel 2007 (beta 2)
ok, whenever I create a charten in excel 2007 (beta 2) it draws the chart and then the screen goes white.... not even the title bars, minimise buttons... nothing.... But when I open a spread sheet up with a chart it does the same thing.... I checked to see if their were any fixes and their arnt..... Anyone else having this? ...

WINDOWS 7 NEWSGROUP(s) IS/ARE HERE
Where is 'Windows7" Newsgroup? This question is being asked here (on microsoft.public.windows.vista.general): methodically, weekly (if not more often), so it became a "sticky note" everyone is tired of answering. Some of us feel that the question is repeated by people too lazy to Google or learn for themselves. Let's answer this question once & for ALL, only problem I can't make this Article a "sticky note" also (unlike the question - ironically), let's hope these people can SEARCH & LOCATE my answer, here it goes: ********************...

Mail Message window position
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop When opening a mail message it positions itself in the upper left corner of my monitor. Can this be set to a new default postion? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005E_01CA93E5.598E43D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable What Entourage update you have on your Mac? Entourage --> about = Entourage. <19ertim@officeformac.com> wrote in message = news:59bb0bde.-1@webcrossing....

File info from Windows Explorer to Excel?
I need to create a list of the file information from Windows Explorer to MS Excel. I used to have a dos command to do this. Please advise how this can be done. Thank you Regards I assume you mean the Dir command. This is still possible from the command prompt. Go to Start|Run and enter cmd. -- Ian -- "Wordgeek" <Wordgeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACE32060-668D-4A76-B901-1AEB70925A47@microsoft.com... >I need to create a list of the file information from Windows Explorer to MS > Excel. I used to have a dos command to do this. Please advise ho...

Vista to XP
Simple question - My laptop (XP) has a faulty disk reader. If I ran a USB to another laptop (Vista) would they be able to see each other in My Computer and would I then be able to load a disk of software on the Vista machine and get it to write onto my XP machine? Thanks It would be simpler using ethernet And yes if the two are networked you can install software using the Vista cd "Pete L" <peterlavington@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8905201a-2c71-458d-a769-8dfef0e95ea9@k41g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > Simple question - My laptop (XP) has a faulty disk ...

Screen Refresh
Hi. I'm using Excel 97 and Windows 2000 SP4. Tools>Options>Calculation is set to Automatic. I have a worksheet on which three cells are giving me a problem. These cells contain formulas dependant on other cells in the same worksheet. It seems that these cells are being updated/calculated when I change the cells on which they depend, but the screen is not being updated. I have to scroll down so that those three cells can no longer be seen on the screen, and then scroll right back up again, and then the new values can be seen. Or, I can Alt-Tab to a different application,...

Windows server 2003 R2
Hi, I'm new to dfs, and I would like to know if it is possible to have under 1 dfs root 4 servers that are in replication ? So you have one dfs root with under it 2 servers in replication and 2 other servers that are also in replication. How should I set this up ? Thanks a lot, GM ...

can't add my True Type Windows Fonts
I have tried loading my Font files to C:/Windows/Fonts, they do appear inside the directory when viewing thru my File Manager, but when using my programs, they don't show up in any of my Font menu pulldowns; only the default fonts that come with the machine. I'm using Windows XP Pro ?? chumley Try loading them via Control Panel > Fonts > File > Install New Fonts. -- Rey "chumley" wrote: > I have tried loading my Font files to C:/Windows/Fonts, they do appear > inside the directory when viewing thru my File Manager, but when using > my...

Workflow and GP10 Install
Hi, I have a Windows 2003 Server that has (according to me) all the pre-requisites installed needed for Dynamics GP 10 Workflow including Windows 2003 Server, IIS, Sharepoint, Web Services e.t.c. The problem I am having is after completing the install screens e.g. specifying web services URL and security admin service URL e.t.c. When I click on Install, it comes up with an error that 'Workflow needs to be installed on a Windows 2003 Server' - which is ludicrous as we are on one. Any ideas please. Thanks Neil Neil, Workflow will only install on the following versions of Windo...

Newsgroup for Windows 7
Is there a newsgroup for Windows 7? I want to create shortcuts to a program but it doesn't show the program location. I want to change icons for a program but it won't do it. I know this one is for XP, but I can't find a Windows 7 one. -- Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa Web: http://hayesfam.bravehost.com/stevesig.htm Blog: http://methodius.blogspot.com E-mail - see web page, or parse: shayes at dunelm full stop org full stop uk On 14/06/2010 12:16, Steve Hayes wrote: > Is there a newsgroup for Windows 7? > > I want to create shortcuts to a...

Windows 7 FTP firewall
Hi, Setup a new client on W7 enterprise on a SBS 2003 ISA 2004 network. When I try to use Filezilla to upload some webpages it times out. Added filezilla to excluded programs on Windows firewall and opened port 21. Tried a different FTP program same problem. No joy. Another client running XP Pro works fine with Filezilla. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks, Lyj Changing the firewall on W7 probably made no difference, since all outbound ports are open by default. Your problem probably lies with ISA. What does the realtime monitoring screen show in ISA? Have you inst...

size of window upon opening a spreadsheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I open my spreadsheet, sometimes it opens to a window that only shows the cells I want to see. Other times it opens showing those cells plus several rows and columns larger. Why does it not always show the area that was shown when it was last saved? I'm not sure I have the 'absolute' answer because I experience the same sort of thing once in a while � not just with Excel or Office, but a variety of file types. However, the way it reputedly works is that the window size retained should be whateve...

Chart bug? Excel XP
I've been running into a situation that continues to crash my Excel. I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this. I often create text boxes that link to a cell in the worksheet to pull in a special message or label into the chart. I do this by clicking on the formula bar, typing "=" and then using the mouse to navigate to the cell. (Typing the cell reference doesn't seem to work.) I have found that if the cell I am referring to is a one-cell, named range, Excel crashes. In this case, I'm better off navigating to a near-by, unnamed cell and then editing the ...

Unable to install IE8 on Windows XP
When I try to install IE8 it tells me my computer needs an update before installing. When I try to install the suggested update (KB932823) it tells me the service pack is newer than the update and I don't need it. I am on version 5.1 (build 2600.xpsp.071130-1427:Service Pack 3, v.3264). How do I get out of this catch-22? cf. your thread from 30 October: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general/browse_frm/thread/899139a333c52f85 I still think that's a fishy-looking winver. Yes, it is: That's WinXP SP3 RC1. 1. Uninstall WinXP SP...

Problems installing PowerShell on Windows Server 2008 R2.
Hello! I am trying to install Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Developer on Windows Server 2008 R2, and am having some trouble with the PowerShell aspect. I had never heard of PowerShell before today, and it's been quite an education. ;-) SQL Server 2008 installed somewhat successfully, but I got errors during the PowerShell installation. I didn't think much of it because the installation looked successful otherwise, but when I try to install the SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1, it fails, citing the invalid PowerShell installation (SQL_PowerShell_Engine_CNS and SQL_Power...

Upgrade from XP media edition to XP professional
I'm needing to upgrade to Professional so I can use the shared file resource on the Vitual Machine program. What would be lost if I were to upgrade from the Media Edition XP? I don't want to lose anything from the Media Edition XP, but I need the files from the Professional XP. If you try to attempt to upgrade with XP Professional then Windows Setup may give an error message that the Product Key is not valid (invalid). Simply you can not upgrade. You may upgrade your OS to Vista Ultimate. You may also go for Windows 7 Professional or Windows 7 Ultimate edition. But...

Setting the focus on another application's window...
I would like to set the focus to the window of another application, then close that window. As a test I open the standard Windows "Calculator" application then execute the following code. When I step through it the code does close the window properly but it never sets the focus to it. In the MSDN documentation it says that for SetFocus to work, "The window must be associated with the calling thread's message queue.". I assume it is not in my case. I then looked up the "AttachThreadInput" function but I'm not sure how to get what it expects fo...

having problem getting scanner working in xp mode
Does xp mode work in 64 bits if win7 is 64? i couldn't figure out how to see what it was set at. the problem i am trying to solve is my pana-vue scanner to convert old 35mm slides to digital. i can get the scanner working with win7 and have downloaded the new driver from the website but when i view a slide, the top of the slide is stable but as the scan goes down, the picture is changing tilt every couple of seconds, probably trying to sync. so i thought maybe XP would work better. the install program has 32 bit and 64 bit drivers and i installed the 64 bit drivers but...

Windows Live Essential Beta
Note: The beta goes 'Live' tomorrow(June 24) Announcing the new Windows Live Essentials beta! http://windowsteamblog.com/windows_live/b/windowslive/archive/2010/06/23/announcing-the-new-windows-live-essentials-beta.aspx <qp> Tomorrow, hot on the heels of the Hotmail roll-out, the new Windows Live Essentials becomes available for public beta testing. Windows Live Essentials beta requires Windows Vista or Windows 7, and is available in English, French, Dutch, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, or Spanish. As soon as the beta goes live tomorrow (we�ll update this...

Who has the license for XP, he or I?
I'm still confused by licensing. I hope you can help me. A friend who only uses and only wants one computer, bought a new one running Vista, removed the hard drive from his Dell XP, and gave the computer to me. Who has the license for XP, he or I? I think I do. The Product Key, I think it is called, the 25 or 30 letter code is on a sticker on the side of the Dell. Plus my friend doesn't need it, doesn't want it, isn't using it, because he bought a new computer with its own Vista license. As to my current computer, I assembled it myself using a valid ...

Window will not expand & Program freezes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When I open Word, it often opens as a tiny window that will not expand. Is there a way to fix this problem? <br><br>Also, Word freezes several times a day and I have to force quit. This is especially true whenever there are tables or objects in a document. Is there anything that will fix this problem? Your version of OS X is out of date. Is your Word version up to date? If not, try that first. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 16/01/10 05:13, Anne_D_Agostino@officeformac.com wrote: > ...