Windows File Sharing On Home Network

I have a Dell Deminsion 3000 and a Dell Inspiron 6400 both running XP home,
2002, with SVP 3. In the past I have been able to share files between the two
with no problems. I have tired all of the troubleshooting suggestions from
microsoft and other online forums. I have enabled fire sharing and still when
I try to access the files from one computer to another I get the same error
message " file not accessible. You may not have permission to use this
network resource. Contact the admenistrator of this server to find out if you
have access permissons. Any suggestions would greatly appreciated

Drawing on transparent window
Hi, I have this kind of class: // SplashWnd.cpp : implementation of the CSplashWnd class // ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////= =AD// #include "stdafx.h" #include "CapturePrevWnd.h" #include "Resource.h" #ifdef _DEBUG #define new DEBUG_NEW #undef THIS_FILE static char THIS_FILE[] =3D __FILE__; #endif ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////= =AD// // CSplashWnd class CCapturePrevWnd* CCapturePrevWnd::m_pSplashWnd =3D NULL; CCapturePrevWnd::CCapturePrevWnd()...

Windows Vista Service pack 2
I get automatic updates from Microsoft. Everytime my computer tries to install Windosw Vista Service pack 2, it always fails. All other updates are marked as successful however this Windows Vista Service pack 2 has failed about twenty times. What can I do? I assume this is an important update but my computer just will not allow for this update. -- kdi Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for Windows Vista SP2 issues until 26 February 2010. Availability of chat or e-mail support differs depending on your geographic location. Some issues may requi...

Adding custom pages to Windows Control Panel using MFC
Hi, Is there anybody know how to add a custom page to Windows Control Panel using MFC? I found some code on Internet but that was written in Win32 API. Also tried to find the material on MSDN but the content is pretty old (if I am correct) : http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/dnarvc/html/msdn_ntcplapp.asp Thanks. Is this what you're looking for? http://www.codeproject.com/shell/cpl.asp Tom <hugheslin@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1145355183.002746.18420@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is there anybody know how to add a cus...

msnpst files
All: Does anyone have any tips on opening an MSN local folder -- .msnpst -- with Outlook? I can open regular .pst files but Outlook won't recognize the .msnpst files that MSN mail creates. Thanks, John you need to add an account using the msn connector then try closing outlook and replacing the new pst it creates with the old one by renaming the pst's. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: htt...

why i can not run excel2000 in windows XP?
i have installed office2000 in windows XP correctly, but i can not open it. after the splash window, there are nothing displayed. please tell me why i met that mistake and how to resolve it. thank you for your help The following MSKB article may help: OFF2000: Program Quits Immediately After Starting When SR-1/SR-1a Update Is Applied http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=255503 bugbug wrote: > i have installed office2000 in windows XP correctly, but i > can not open it. after the splash window, there are nothing > displayed. > please tell me why i met that mistake ...

bmp files in Excel Hyperlinks open with wrong program
I have a list of tools in Excel, and I have used Excel's hyperlinking feature to allow displaying a picture of the tool by clicking the link. They always open with Paint, regardless of what I do in the "Folder Options >> File Types" box. I have customized the .BMP file type by adding "Edit with Paint" and "Edit with PhotoEditor" entries to the default settings. Does Excel look for the entry actually labeled "Open" or does it just grab the first entry from the list? (in this case, "Edit with Paint" is first, because they are ...

Excel 2007 convert into tab delimeter text file with extra tab spa
Hi , Sub: I have excel 2007 trying to save as tab delimeted text file having an issue. I have saved my excel 2007 as separate Tab delimited Text files. I see extra tabs stored in the tab delimited text files. But when I do the same with excel 2003 it works fine there is not extra tabs stored in my tab delimited text file. My excel 2007 conveted to tab delimited text file looks like as shown below(Extra two tabs at the end of the each record). Data0<Tab>data1<Tab><Tab> Data2<Tab>data3<Tab><Tab> Appreciate your help in advance. Rega...

Word cannot complete the save due to a file permission error
Hi there, One of my corporate users is experiencing an odd issue producing an error message when attempting to save a Word 2007 document. 1. User has the pre-existing (not new) document open and clicks the save button. 2. In what seems to be a random occurrence, the document will bring up a "Save As" dialog box asking him where to save, as if Word forgot where the document is already saved! Odd thing is, it shows the proper location where the file already exists. 3. User will choose the same location and replace the file. Sometimes it will overwrite and save prope...

[Windows 7] Move "Show Desktop" to the left side of taskbar, how to? (w/pic)
I want the "Show Desktop" button to be by the start button like it was in XP. How to do that? Pic is self-explanitory --> http://i46.tinypic.com/257qbmb.jpg See http://www.msfn.org/board/regards-moving-show-desktop-t128691.html&s=beadc2ca061fa0aff6d25b3f0f85f790 On 29/11/2009 13:32, G. Morgan wrote: > I want the "Show Desktop" button to be by the start button like it was in XP. > How to do that? > > Pic is self-explanitory --> > http://i46.tinypic.com/257qbmb.jpg ...

Temporary Excel files.
Hi, does anyone know where Excel stores its temp files to managing multiple opened copies of the same workbook? Word stores its lock files in same directory of the opened document, but Excel? Thanks in advance for the answers. Alex On a single user (non-networked pc), excel will put a few files in your windows temp folder. But I think it does more than just that. (Just guessing!) When the workbook is on a network, excel/windows is smart enough to be able to tell that second person the the file is in use. If the only indicator were on the first user's temp file, then the seco...

Outlook 2000, large pst file slow to open or corrupt
Hi, this is a very frustratring problem I hope someone canhelp us with. I've established that the outlook.pst file is either too large of corrupt. I've run scanpst which found no problem, the pst file is 2gb! should this cause a problem? I can't reduce the size of the file, although is will open, it won't let me delete of move anything or even archive - reporting that it can;t access the pst file although I can open it and browse contacts and messages (it's very slow doing this though) How can I reduce the size of this file in another way? See if this info helps: http:...

Windows SBS 2008 domain purchase and configuration wiza has stoppe
when clicking setup your internet address in windows SBS console, i select already have a domain name and i will manage it myself. a few seconds later i get the error "Windows SBS 2008 domain purchase and configuration wiza has stopped working" the only choice is to close the program. What do i need to do to fix this error without reinstalling everything? Is your server up to date with all patches? In particular, SP2? -- Cliff Galiher Microsoft has opened the Small Business Server forum on Technet! Check it out! http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en...

Excel 97 on Windows XP data sort error
I have had sorting errors using Excel 97 running on Windows XP. Is there a fix for this? I check Excel updates and the microsoft website says I already have all updates. Please tell what sort of errors. "Steve P" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00af01c39601$ad0c3d20$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have had sorting errors using Excel 97 running on > Windows XP. Is there a fix for this? I check Excel > updates and the microsoft website says I already have all > updates. Sort errors are almost always data problems. You might have numeri...

Share Price Graphs Wrong
My share price graphs have gone weird with lies going forwards, backwards, every way. Instead of a trend, I'm seeing a cobweb. HELP!!!!! ...

Outlook 2007 long delay when attaching a file
Hi group, I have a long delay (about a minute) when attaching a file. Outlook freezes for a minute before Browse for a file dialog appears. Configuration: Windows 7 x64 BitLocker is enabled Domain joined computer Outlook 2007 SP2 Outlook uses Exchange Server 2007 Any ideas? BR, Mindaugas Do you have mapped drives? That will add a delay. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.ne...

Saving files as JPG
Often when I save a logo and/or a flyer in publisher and then save it as a jpg for bi print jobs there is a LINE along the side of the piece ... any ideas of how to get rid of it or WHAT might cause it? This happens once in a while, never have figured out why. You can open the image in Paint; erase the line. Or crop it out when you use the image in Publisher. Do you get the line if you save the picture as a .png or .tif? -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Greetings&Salutations" <Greetings&Salutations@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Merge file pairs
I have several hundreds of pairs of files (file1 in one subfolder i paired to file1 in second subfolder) where I need to open the pair copy arange (columns a to e) from one file to the other, then save an close the files. Then loop on to the next pair in the list. Has anyon done this? Can you point me to examples? I've looked at several we sites (debruin, for ex.) but cannot find exactly what I need. Al suggestions welcome -- rroac ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rroach's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2...

Can I run proprietary Windows Software on Remote Desktop?
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I am using a PowerPC G5 Mac Mini. I am taking a course that requires a minimum of Windows XP or Vista. Can I install the course software on Remote Desktop so that I can use it to take this class, or is this just for using MS Office programs? Also, what is the cost of this service? On 3/24/08 12:03 PM, in article ee95dbc.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "boyerml@officeformac.com" <boyerml@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) > Processor: Power PC > > I am using a PowerPC G5 Mac ...

looking for control to display dialog similar to VC NET option window
I would like to implement a dialog similar to the VC++ NET options window. The left side of the options windows contains a tree control used to select general category of options that will be viewed/edited. The right side of the options window displays an dialog that allows the user to view/edit specific options. Are there any shareware/commercials controls available that provide this functionality? Thanks in advance. Ian I think I've seen something like that in www.codeproject.com (and for free) ...

Can't find the file in Excel unless I open it from Excel
Can't find the file in Excel unless I open it from Excel -------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have a stange problem that has just started. I am running Windows XP and Office XP. If I click on an Excel file in my folders in explorer, it will open Excel and an error message comes up telling me it can't find the file and to check the path and folder. Once I click out of the message the file sometimes is already open. I have no problems if I open Excel first then open a file - it is driving me crazy, please help. Tr...

Huge "empty" excel 97 file !!
I still have files of up to 4MB, after deleting the contents of a 16MB excel 97 file then saving !!! Details:- (1)If I select the whole worksheet (by clicking on the blank cell in the top left corner of the worksheet) (2)then I click on EDIT and then on DELETE. (3)repeat 1&2 for any other sheets (4)Then click on FILE, then SAVE AS a new name Windows explorer shows that the new file can be up to 4MB. This is very frustrating if I am trying to reduce the size a file so that it fits onto a floppy disc. This problem occurs with a number of my excel files. How can I get rid of this invis...

Password to open file
How do you make file only open after you enter a password? dcknie, file save as, tools, general options enter password to open, this is for excel 2003 its a little different in other versions but that should get you there -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "dcknie" <dcknie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D21B2C37-1877-4357-A756-35470C31EDC7@microsoft.com... > How do you make file only...

file
I have an excel file that an employee tried to save and somehow has an error message on it that it will not save because locked by another station. I have done everything from trying to find out who last used it to deleting it and starting over and nothing works. PLEASE HELP amy Maybe Debra Dalgleish has the answer: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly or http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen amy wrote: > > I have an excel file that an employee tried to save and > somehow has an error message on it that it will not save > because locked by a...

Extremely slow file
I've been doing some ad-hoc analysis at work today and as a quick fix (and because I don't have the Access query skills) I ended up with 2 sheets: Sheet 1 - Contains 21,000 rows of data, 10 columns with the first column being a concatenation of 4 cells from each row Sheets 2 - Contains 10,000 rows with 7 VLOOKUPs in each row, but each vlookup is like the following: =VLOOKUP(A1&$B$1&$C$1&D1,data_range,9,false) Where the data_range is all 21,000 rows x 10 columnsrange in sheet2 Anyway, the file is simply too unwieldy to use. It takes an age to calculate the cells, apply ...

xls file won't open
I have an Excel file which I'm no longer able to open as the system comes back with a message saying 'Not enough memory' The file size is 887kb, I think it was created in Excel 2000 with Win98, but may have been on a machine running XP Home when the problem occurred. I am able to open much larger files without problems, I have also tried opening it on several other machines which have XP Home and Pro, obviously these have newer versions of Excel. Has anyone got any ideas how I can recover my information please? Any help will be appreciated, and thanks in advance for any help yo...