Where can I find the newsgroups that have disappeared from the MS news server?

I've been an enthusiastic user of these wonderful MS newsgroups for years
(mostly the Access groups), but I've noticed that Microsoft has been
removing them from their news server.

Are the discussions continuing on a Web-based forum somewhere?  If so, I'm
disappointed because I've found reading the message threads with a
newsreader like Outlook Express is much more convenient than trying to
manage the browser-based forums.  But if that's the only thing available,
I'd gladly use them.

Can anyone tell me where I can go to find the question and answer groups for
the MS Office suite that are no longer available on their news server?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

0
Paul

"Paul" <BegoneSpam@forever.com> wrote in message
> I've been an enthusiastic user of these wonderful MS newsgroups for
> years (mostly the Access groups), but I've noticed that Microsoft has
> been removing them from their news server.
>
> Are the discussions continuing on a Web-based forum somewhere?  If so,
> I'm disappointed because I've found reading the message threads with a
> newsreader like Outlook Express is much more convenient than trying to
> manage the browser-based forums.  But if that's the only thing
> available, I'd gladly use them.
>
> Can anyone tell me where I can go to find the question and answer groups
> for the MS Office suite that are no longer available on their news
> server?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Paul

They are being replaced with Microsoft Answers. Yes, it is a Web based
forum system. You can still access them on non MS servers such as Eternal
September, but how long quality posts and answers last is anyone's guess.
Here is the forum information.

Microsoft Answers - First Time Users
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

0
Bruce
6/12/2010 11:00:20 PM
Paul wrote:

> I've been an enthusiastic user of these wonderful MS newsgroups for years
> (mostly the Access groups), but I've noticed that Microsoft has been
> removing them from their news server.
>
> Are the discussions continuing on a Web-based forum somewhere?  If so, I'm
> disappointed because I've found reading the message threads with a
> newsreader like Outlook Express is much more convenient than trying to
> manage the browser-based forums.  But if that's the only thing available,
> I'd gladly use them.
>
> Can anyone tell me where I can go to find the question and answer groups for
> the MS Office suite that are no longer available on their news server?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Paul

Connect to a different NNTP server.  Microsoft is first dropping their
newsgroups from *their* NNTP server.  Then Microsoft will drop their
NNTP server.  Microsoft is leaving Usenet.  Microsoft is not Usenet.

Go connect to a different NNTP server, like Albasani, Eternal-September,
individual.net, Giganews, etc.  Some are free, some are paid (and some
paid ones are cheap).  Microsoft's NNTP server only carried the
microsoft.public.* newsgroup while other NNTP servers carry all the
newsgroups.  Only Microsoft is dropping their groups from their server
and then drop their server.  The rest of Usenet will continue carrying
the microsoft.public.* newsgroups so go there.
0
VanguardLH
6/13/2010 6:15:59 AM
Do a google search for forum you want such as Outlook Express or Microsoft
Office etc and you find similar information as you did with newsgroups.

> Paul wrote:
>
>> I've been an enthusiastic user of these wonderful MS newsgroups for years
>> (mostly the Access groups), but I've noticed that Microsoft has been
>> removing them from their news server.
>>
>> Are the discussions continuing on a Web-based forum somewhere?  If so,
>> I'm
>> disappointed because I've found reading the message threads with a
>> newsreader like Outlook Express is much more convenient than trying to
>> manage the browser-based forums.  But if that's the only thing available,
>> I'd gladly use them.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me where I can go to find the question and answer groups
>> for
>> the MS Office suite that are no longer available on their news server?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Paul
>
> Connect to a different NNTP server.  Microsoft is first dropping their
> newsgroups from *their* NNTP server.  Then Microsoft will drop their
> NNTP server.  Microsoft is leaving Usenet.  Microsoft is not Usenet.
>
> Go connect to a different NNTP server, like Albasani, Eternal-September,
> individual.net, Giganews, etc.  Some are free, some are paid (and some
> paid ones are cheap).  Microsoft's NNTP server only carried the
> microsoft.public.* newsgroup while other NNTP servers carry all the
> newsgroups.  Only Microsoft is dropping their groups from their server
> and then drop their server.  The rest of Usenet will continue carrying
> the microsoft.public.* newsgroups so go there.

0
Jerry
6/13/2010 8:41:00 AM
Bruce, VanguardLH, Jerry,

Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

Paul

Auto replace, can it easy be done?
I have a series of tables where by I put in each tenant's name (column a) and their lease end date (column b) and add any special comments or irregularities in the leases in column c. Right now we either type in each individual comment or use number codes, or essentially footnotes where we define them somewhere else. Is there any easy way to assign a number to a comment so that if you enter 1 it gives "comment A", 2 "comment B" and so on and so forth. It would be great if you could add multiple comments and not have the formatting go all wonky but I'd be able to...

emails disappear after forwarding
I have windows 2007 which I was happy with but just recently any email when forwarding completely disappears and is los from both the inbox and the deleted items. I have checked my settings but can't rectify ...

Can not send out E-mails through Windows
The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'Emailing: Sarah 19 months2', Account: 'POP3', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x8The host 'POP3' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'POP3', Server: 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D00CCC0D Thats because you are not using the correct set...

Can't send external msgs on new Ex2K server in 5.5 site.
Hello, I just installed a Exchange 2000 SP3 server in an existing 5.5 site containing only one server, after following the standard procedure of configuring and running ADC CAs. I've moved one mailbox from the 5.5 server to the 2000 server as a test. I can send messages to it from the 5.5 site, but it cannot send messages outside of the 2000 server. What did I forget please?! Ideally, I wanted to keep the old 5.5 server as a bridgehead server, at least for the time being. One more thing, we share the domain amongst Exchange and another mail system via SMTP routing on Sendmail. T...

MS Outlook 2007 SP2
Is MS OutlooK 2007 SP2 support for CRM4.0 Outlook client. In documentation it is mentioned MS Office System SP1. Please clarify if MS Office 2007 SP2 is supported. The documentation was prepared before SP2 was available, but what they describe are the minimum version and patch levels. Generally speaking, any patch level above the documented minimum will be fine. Dave Ireland "mvj123" <mvj123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A16700EA-5ACA-41CA-997A-9BF997E73D37@microsoft.com... > Is MS OutlooK 2007 SP2 support for CRM4.0 Outlook client. In documentatio...

Resizing problem: SDI with a CTabCtrl, Tabs disappear?
I have a complicated and weird problem. First, I am creating an SDI application (with a menu, max/min option, etc..) with a CTabCtrl. I used a class I found on Code project to be able to resize the application. The article and downloadable code is here: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/dynwindow.asp?df=100&forumid=363&exp=0&select=539230 After downloading the cdxDynamic files, I integrated them into my code, and it worked beautifully, except for this... I am also implementing List Controls inside of each tab, and the List Control box was resizing seperately from the SDI app. ...

downloaded emails disappear in Outlook 2003
Hi I've noticed that emails disappear in Outlook2003 (my pst file was 300 Mo). I have deleted a lot of emails and now my pst file is 200 Mo but I still have the emails disappear. Any idea on the origin of that problem? Thanks Faith Check to see if you have a view applied or if you are sorting by the icon. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Faith@yaho...

newsgroups #14
Somehow, my outlook2003 does not have the "news" or "newsgroups" in the standard listing so I can move it to the menu bar (under the "GO" menu pick). Is there a way I can get to newsgroups other or do I have to re-install outlook2003 and lose all my email files? Help please. xnman If I remember correctly, this is how I fixed that on my computer. In Internet Explorer, select Tools, Internet Options, Programs tab, and set Outlook Express to be your News Reader. Click Apply, OK. Then re-open Outlook. The news option should be there under the Go menu. When you ...

Can I run two projects simultaneously
Hi! All, I need to be able to run two projects simultaneoulsy as part of one big project. Can I do this. If yes, could you please tell me an easy way to do it. Both these projects share some common dtaa between them. thanks best regards, Are you saying you want to run two executables simultaneously? If yes, nothing stops you from doing it. However, when you say these are sharing common data, are they in same process? If not, what does common data mean? If yes, how do you plan to achieve it? Is it a COM object? ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com RM wrote: > Hi! All, > I need ...

help in publisher and can't see the page tab on the bottom
I can't view my page tabs so I can't move btw pages in my publisher file- i know they are there for i see it in Print Preview but how do I get the tool bar on the bottom back? Mercy0986 wrote: > I can't view my page tabs so I can't move btw pages in my publisher > file- i know they are there for i see it in Print Preview but how do > I get the tool bar on the bottom back? ============================ For Publisher 2003 or earlier: Go to.....View / Status Bar For Publisher 2007...have a look at the following article: Where is the Page Sorter (status bar) in Publish...

how I can insert date picker in excell template?
Maybe one of these will help: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm Regards Rowan ...

Can't send email on OutLook Express
I currently can't send any emails from my OutLook Express, I get an error. Any ideal?? Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. Note: Posting the exact error message is the start of troubleshooting. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (inser...

Exch 2003 SP2
Following the typical procedures below I am able to update one node at time of the Exchange 2003 servers to SP2. As per recommendation below, I applied Exch2003 SP2 to one offline Node1. Then when I attempt to "move resources" to node Node2, I noticed that failover doesn't complete - Systems Attendant fails to get started. In my pre-production environment, I was able to instal the Exch2003 SP2 only upon taking the resources "offline" in the Cluster administrator tool. Then I was able to install the Exch2003SP2 on both nodes, upgrade the Virtual Exchange server an...

Copied text from Notepad disappears when pasted to Outlook XP
This seems to be a recurring but intermittent problem. ...

Newsgroups in Outlook Express
Greetings! I am new to using Outlook Express in WinXP. In the newsgroups I can view image files that are not "yEnc" but cannot view the ones that are "yEnc". Could someone please tell me how to configure Outlook Express v6 to view such files? Thanks in advance, SC "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin I don't think OE supports yEnc - see insideoe.tomsterdam.com to verify. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coa...

How can I allow users to sort a protected table using dropdowns?
I'm trying to create a table where users can't edit the content of the cells but can edit the ordering of the table- what's the best way to achieve this? Stuart, I've written this code some time back for one of my users and it works perfectly for them. Maybe you would like to adapt to suit your needs.. Sub Sort_pr_range() ActiveSheet.Unprotect 'Unprotect the sheet Range("A1:F100").Sort Key1:=Range("B1"), _ 'where "B1" will be the sort pri Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=1, MatchCase...

Excel 2007
So here's my issue: Excel 2007 user opens more than one spreadsheet, however, when (in Excel) you attempt to use the Switch Windows toolbar button, it only lists ONE sheet open. Opening subsequent spreadsheets results in an individual instance of Excel for each worksheet (and for each one, if you try and switch windows, you only see the one sheet open in that particular workbook). How can I get it to behave properly, so that I have one instance of Excel open.....and multiple spreadsheets that I can switch to within the single instance of the application. Can't understand wha...

Outlook Connector, how I can setup the sync time?
Hello, the Connect works very well in general, but it works a little bit too much. It sync eache ONE Minute. I have tried: 1) ALT+CTRL+S, create a new group and setup the time to 30 minutes 2) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/889694/ but no luck. Peter Outlook Connector 12.0.6407.1000 Outlook 2007 12.0.6316.5000 SP1 MSO 12.0.6320.5000 Vista ultimate 32 with SP1 and all updates How many accounts? Try a new profile with just one acct and see if it syncs less frequently. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Soluti...

MS templates open without help pane
Hiya, Hope you can help. I have used a number of Microsoft Excel Templates. My question is how can I open these spreadsheets without the online help pane opening automatically? Thanks in advance -- Carys Hopefully I understand this right. You mean the window on the side (getting started or whatever)? If so you should be able to go to tools -> Options and in the view tab uncheck Startup Task Pane. If thats not what you mean let me know...I'm sort of new at this heh "Carys" wrote: > Hiya, > > Hope you can help. I have used a number of Microsoft Excel Templat...

How can i move the Winsxs folder
Hi all, We have a windows 2008 server (not a dc) running exchange 2007. All databases and log files are on the d and e drives. We have a 40 GB C parition with a windows folder of 18 GB, 3 Gb in Software Distribution and 9 GB in Winsxs. Is there a safe Microsoft approach for moving these folders to a different partition or reducing the size. I have found a few things on Google but none of them are approved by MS. thanks Stef Hello stef, No, you have leave the folder where it is. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" w...

SendObject doesn't find fields in querry
I have a form that has a button to run an "event Procedure" to preview a report, and to email the report as a pdf attachment. The codes I use are as follows: Private Sub emailfullpricesheet_Click() DoCmd.OpenReport "Full Price Sheet", acViewPreview, , , acWindowNormal DoCmd.SendObject acSendReport, "Full Price Sheet", acFormatPDF, , , , [DLRName], _ "Thank You for your business.", True End Sub In this code, I have the field for the dealer name (shown above as [DLRName]) where it would be placed in the subje...

New MS Investor
Folks, This sucks. All of a sudden, Microsoft decides to come up with a new version of MS investor, I believe they call it MS Money Deluxe Portfolio Manager. Forced you to install the new version(If you want to keep track of what you had) and screwed up several of my account history. Here are some to name a few that were totally screwed up: Cash balances were all wrong. Splits were completely screwed up. I tried to re-ente a split and I get dumb message saying that error occured but ms money ran out of memory in the process of displaying the error!! Several of my transaction entri...

OWA hangs after moving mailboxes to another Exchange Server
After moving a group of mailboxes to another Exchange Store on another Server, clients cannot login to OWA. The OWA logon is successful but the mailbox never loads in the IE page. Clients with mailboxes on other Exchange Servers do not experience this problem. No errors are occurring onscreen or in the event logs. Any ideas? On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 07:58:32 -0800, JDavis <JDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After moving a group of mailboxes to another Exchange Store on another >Server, clients cannot login to OWA. The OWA logon is successful but the >mailbox never ...

How do I convert an existing MS Excel worksheet tracking a simple. #2
I am a novie Excel user who has tracked the activity of my simple savings account with an Excel worksheet. I would like to set up this existing worksheet to perform autosum functions when I enter deposits, withdrawals, and interest instead of manually doing the math on a calculator to arrive at the balance total after each entry. ...

How can I link to a specific worksheet from a webpage?
When I am on a webpage, I want to click a link that then automatically links to a specific worksheet in a excelwork book. How? Already solved enter *.xls#Sheet1!A1 RMF "RMF" wrote: > When I am on a webpage, I want to click a link that then automatically links > to a specific worksheet in a excelwork book. How? ...