Strange CCleaner Activity

All of a sudden the CCleaner "Cookies" remover is including the links in
Documents and Settings/Owner/Application Data/Recent.
These links are, of course, not actually in the TIF folder.
Have any other users of CCleaner noticed this happening? Should I be
concerned?

0
JD

Should you be posting in the CCleaner Community Forum?
http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showforum=4
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

JD wrote:
> All of a sudden the CCleaner "Cookies" remover is including the links in
> Documents and Settings/Owner/Application Data/Recent.
> These links are, of course, not actually in the TIF folder.
> Have any other users of CCleaner noticed this happening? Should I be
> concerned?

0
Leonard
11/29/2009 3:29:50 PM
Well I believe CCleaner to be popular among XP users and thought someone
here might have had a similar experience.
> Should you be posting in the CCleaner Community Forum?
> http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showforum=4
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> JD wrote:
>> All of a sudden the CCleaner "Cookies" remover is including the links in
>> Documents and Settings/Owner/Application Data/Recent.
>> These links are, of course, not actually in the TIF folder.
>> Have any other users of CCleaner noticed this happening? Should I be
>> concerned?

0
JD
11/29/2009 11:00:08 PM
It is popular. Then again, no one else here has apparently reported what
you are concerned with, and surely there is a much higher percentage of
Clceaner users to be found in the Ccleaner forum. :-)

JD wrote:
> Well I believe CCleaner to be popular among XP users and thought
> someone here might have had a similar experience.
>> Should you be posting in the CCleaner Community Forum?
>> http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showforum=4
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> JD wrote:
>>> All of a sudden the CCleaner "Cookies" remover is including the
>>> links in Documents and Settings/Owner/Application Data/Recent.
>>> These links are, of course, not actually in the TIF folder.
>>> Have any other users of CCleaner noticed this happening? Should I be
>>> concerned?

0
Daave

JD wrote:
> Well I believe CCleaner to be popular among XP users and thought
> someone here might have had a similar experience.

Help from those who like something (thus - popular) vs. actual directed
support from those who use/create/support something... ;-)

I'd bet most of the time the latter would get you a better answer and
probably more people who actually use the product and care for it as well.

As for your question - you sure the "Cookies" checkbox is the only thing
checked?

First - I assume you actually mean that the contents of the "C:\Documents
and Settings\<username>\Recent\" folder is being emptied.  Not, as you said,
the "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Recent\" folder
(which, AFAIK, is not a default WIndows XP folder.)

I decided to check this out.  Downloaded the latest CCleaner, made sure that
"My Recent Documents" had something in it, made sure my Cookies folder had
something in it and then unchecked all but ONE box in the two tabs of
CCleaner ("Cookies" for Internet Explorer) ensuring that under "Windows
Explorer" the "Recent Documents" box was unchecked.

I had 222 files in my "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Cookies\" folder
at ~213KB in total size and 15 files in my "C:\Documents and
Settings\<username>\Recent\" folder at ~6.93KB in size before the run of
CCleaner as expressed above.  Again - nothing but ONE single box checked.

I clicked the analyze button.

It said it had 220 files to remove at ~69.82KB.  Figure it leaves the
"index.dat" and "desktop.ini" files alone.

I unchecked the "Cookies" box and checked the "Recent Documents" box only.
I clicked the analyze button.

It said it had 14 files to remove at ~6.79KB.  It looks like it leaves the
"desktop.ini" file alone there as well.

No indication at this point anything would be removed that I did not want
removed.

So I _copied_ the two folders somewhere safe and changed the settings for
CCleaner so only the "Cookies" box (for Internet Explorer) was checked
(ensuring nothing else under either tab for CCleaner "Cleaner" was checked.)
Analyze gave the same results as previous - so I clicked on "Run Cleaner".

It warned (like it does for me every time because I do not check the "Do not
show me this message again" box) that "This process will permanently delete
files from your system.  Are you sure you wish to proceed? OK/Cancel" and I
clicked on "OK".

Came back letting me know 69.82KB had been removed consisting of 220 files.

I manually opened the "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Cookies\" folder
and there certainly was a lack of files - only two left - the "desktop.ini"
and "index.dat".

I manually opened the "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Recent\" folder
and all of the files were still there.

Now maybe I misunderstood you or maybe you have something I do not - but...

--
Shenan Stanley
     MS-MVP

Shenan
11/30/2009 1:59:49 AM
Shenan, I greatly appreciate your heroic efforts here.
First, yes, Cookies is the only box checked.
Second, the listed "cookies" include links in C:\Documents and
Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent.
I note that that folder includes an index.DAT file.
I also note that I find the same contents in C:\Documents and
Settings\<username>\My Recent Documents [but with no index.DAT file].
Also, I do not have a "Cookies" folder in C:\Documents and
Settings/<username>.
I am running CCleaner v.2.18.878. This may not be the "latest" version.
There is no tab for "Cookies for Internet Explorer" nor an option to uncheck
"Recent Documents." [That such an option exists is surely what I am
missing!]
I noticed the behavior I posted about after installing Word 2003 SP3 and a
files type converter from MS to enable me to read .docx files created by
Word 2007. This may be relevant.
> [...]
> checked.) Analyze gave the same results as previous - so I clicked on "Run
> Cleaner".
>
> It warned (like it does for me every time because I do not check the "Do
> not show me this message again" box) that "This process will permanently
> delete files from your system.  Are you sure you wish to proceed?
> OK/Cancel" and I clicked on "OK".
>
> Came back letting me know 69.82KB had been removed consisting of 220
> files.
>
> I manually opened the "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Cookies\"
> folder and there certainly was a lack of files - only two left - the
> "desktop.ini" and "index.dat".
>
> I manually opened the "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Recent\"
> folder and all of the files were still there.
>
> Now maybe I misunderstood you or maybe you have something I do not -

11/30/2009 3:36:19 AM
Looking deeper into CCleaner, I discovered that under the Applications tab
of Cleaner, a new box for Office 2007 had been added, clearly since I
installed the file types converter mentioned in my previous post. And--that
box was checked! This means that while I thought I had only checked
"Cookies," the Office 2007 box on the other tab was also checked.
I think the mystery is solved. Many thanks for your interest and help.
Jim
BTW, I now do see a check box for "recent documents" under the Windows
Explorer heading. I am sure that that box was not checked when I previously
ran CCleaner.
> [...]
> checked.) Analyze gave the same results as previous - so I clicked on "Run
> Cleaner".
>
> It warned (like it does for me every time because I do not check the "Do
> not show me this message again" box) that "This process will permanently
> delete files from your system.  Are you sure you wish to proceed?
> OK/Cancel" and I clicked on "OK".
>
> Came back letting me know 69.82KB had been removed consisting of 220
> files.
>
> I manually opened the "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Cookies\"
> folder and there certainly was a lack of files - only two left - the
> "desktop.ini" and "index.dat".
>
> I manually opened the "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Recent\"
> folder and all of the files were still there.
>
> Now maybe I misunderstood you or maybe you have something I do not -

Strange Client Permissions Issue
Hello When I try and configure client permissions on an organisational forms folder I created I do not see anybody in the GAL to assign permissions too. I have an number of users on the Exchange server but I cannot see ANY of the objects. I also created a group specifically for assigning permissions to this folder but cannot see that either. I have full permissions over the Admin group where I am trying to cnonfigure this. Does anyone have any ideas here? I am also experiencing a problem with offline address list generation in that it states that the global address list is empty: OALGen di...

Exchange Restore with no Active Directory restore?
Hi, Am recovering a small Biz 2003 server for a customer where backups have not been working. The system drive is almost completely dead. But the drives containing the data and Exchange install (application and data/logs) is intact. Is there a recovery method from this situation if I cannot recover the operating system? Thanks in advance. Darren In news:um0rWyZ6FHA.2888@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, Darren <darren_todd@yahoo.co.uk> typed: > Hi, > > Am recovering a small Biz 2003 server for a customer where backups > have not been working. The system drive is almost c...

Activating Outlook does it over ride Windows Mail
I just put Office Professional 2007 on computer. When I went to my email, Outlook came up and said I needed to activate it. I had been using Windows Mail for email. My question, can I activate Outlook and continue to use Windows Mail or do I need to switch to Outlook. Also, will all my Windows Mail info automatically transfer to Outlook? Thank you. You can still use Windows Mail after installing Outlook. Just don't add your email accounts to Outlook. "M.B." <MB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC7A35B0-B3EF-464A-8FE4-8E677C1EFCE9@microsoft.com... ...

Accidently moved active emails
I use my "Inbox" to keep active emails that I want to follow-up on. Recently while deleting one of these items, my 'delete' key stayed active & deleted everything in my "Inbox". While these items are in my "Deleted Items" folder, I have no idea which ones were part of this grouping. Is there a way I can identify when certain emails were moved to the folder so that I can recover them all? Thanks...Mike mike.dailey@ucphysicians.com <mike.dailey@ucphysicians.com> wrote: > I use my "Inbox" to keep active emails that I want to follo...

Active row and column header color
I have EXCEL 2000. A friend has the 2003 version. In his, the acitve col# is orange and so is the active row name. Mine in just gray, and harder to see. Is that a new feature? If not, how do I change mine. I need complete instructions, please. Thank you. Tony G Tony This would be a Windows OS Appearance issue not an Excel 2003 feature. Right-click on desktop and Properties>Appearance>Advanced>Item>Selected Items. Change the color there. Note: this will be a global change for all selected items. Alternative....... Download Chip Pearson's ROWLINER add-in. ht...

Re: Workflow rule: Assigning activity to a queue
Anyone ? "Sigurdur Hilmarsson" <sigurdur.hilmarsson@nyherji.is> wrote in message news:... > Hi, > I have a workflow process for cases and would like to assign several > different tasks to a queue that need to complete within the case. > You can manually assign task activity to a queue but in a workflow rule > using the workflow manager it is only possible to assign a task activity to > Logical User or User. Is there any way to do this for me? > > Regards, > SH > > > ...

How to Make Activity Associated View Default to "All"
1.) Backup Global.js file here <crm server>\wwwroot\_common\scripts 2.) Open Global.js file here <crm server>\wwwroot\_common\scripts 3.) Past the Code Below into the top portion right under the declarations 4.) Save, All pages update automatically to the last option, when the page loads for the first time. // Added to Make the Actvities Sort to 'All' function Activity(object) { if(object != null) { object.selectedIndex = object.options.length - 1; object.fireEvent('onchange'); } } // Added to Make the Actvities Sort to 'All' function window.onload(...

Web Activities Sync to outlook calendar?
Hi, Other than using SFO, is there a 3rd party addon to sync activities created by the web client to the calendar of the owner or the attendee? Thanks Mike Hi. There is a "hotfix" from Microsoft (I dont know why they call it a hotfix) that make it work. I have not installed it myself, but will do in a short time. If anyone have anything to add, plaese make a post in this group. Best Regards Jacob Mondrup IT Manager, Cultivator Denmark. "Mike R" <news@mikeread.freeserve.co.uk> skrev i en meddelelse news:d6ktaq$hqi$1$8300dec7@news.demon.co.uk... > H...

conflict between My CRM Activities and a Customer Activities
Hello ! I send an e-mail Tracked in CRM regarding Contact person to a customer. The customer has his MSCRM working. My activity with for example "CRM:00020008" in the subject, when it coming to the customer E-mail it register as activity under contact in the customer CRM nothing to do with me. How can we resolve conflict between 2 different MSCRM installations that send e-mail to each other? Shai ...

Activities #2
If I create an appointment in Outlook and track it in CRM, what happens to the Outlook appointment when I close the appointment in CRM? It appears that when I close a CRM appointment, it deletes the appointment from my Outlook calendar. Is this intended functionality or do I have something set-up wrong? Thanks, James ...

strange problem
Hi All, I am having a problem emailing from my outlook clients. I will describe my setup and then my problem. I have outlook 2000 clients that connect to an exchange server. These same clients also have an internet email service setup to go and get their own email from the pop3 account on the internet. Previously we would pick up our email from the ISP, but always send using the exchange server because I had setup a smarthost to redirect to. We have recently changed our ISP and we have been told we cannot use the exchange server. so I changed the outgoing mail server on the interne...

Scheduling activities for different users
Is it possible to schedule an activity and assign it to different users in one go in MSCRM 3.0? To define it more clearly, manager would like to schedule a period for the sales persons during that time Sales persons should visit n number of customers. He will create one activity and distribute it to different sales persons. ...

Strange Formatting Issue
Hello, I'm stumped on a formatting issue here. Our environment is Exchange 2003 SP1. One of my end-users is getting emails from a specific outside sender that contains no body or text. I asked this outside sender to send again and copy me. Here's the strange part: In MY mailbox (Outlook2003) the body text appears and it's listed as PLAIN TEXT. My end-user is getting the email in her mailbox (OutlookXP) with no body text and it's listed as RICH TEXT. I've confirmed with the sender...she's using Outlook2000 SP3. Then I found out that the sender's IT departmen...

programs active
As I make to know if one programs is active, type outlook, if will not have leaves it active. ...

Cursor slows down or acts strange when over Favorites
My cursor reacts slow and 'out of my control' when I try to pick a website from my Favorites. Is anyone else having this problem? Does anyone know how to fix this? I am running Windows XP, IE 8 Thanks. -- LFB This is a Media Center news group. Post here:- Discussions in microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general&cat=en_us_28cca3eb-7037-4d4f-bde1-d8efee1f1420&lang=en&cr=us regards, S.Sengupta[MS-MVP] "Lulu" <Lulu@discussio...

Recurring Task/Activity
Does anyone know of a way to create a recurring Task/Activity in v1.2? For example, I want to create an Activity on the first of every month or every 30 days to call opportunities that meet certain criteria… ...

Activate the CRM licens more than once
Hi. I want to make a test setup with our CRM installation. I have used the same licens key as in the produktion setup. Can I activate the licens in the test setup without getting problems in the produktions setup? Thanks Best regards Jacob Mondrup Vivant MCP, CRM MCSE That should be fine "Jacob Mondrup - Vivant IT Management" <jm@vivant.dk> wrote in message news:O7DwJLIlHHA.1624@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi. > > I want to make a test setup with our CRM installation. I have used the > same licens key as in the produktion setup. Can I activate the licens...

How do I use the category field in activity records?
Please give me some examples on how to use the category field in activity records such as phone call, task, etc. The three categories that we have our sales representatives pick from as categories are "Sales Opportunity", "Retention Call", and "Customer Problems". Really the categories need to be taylored to your business. Erin >-----Original Message----- >Please give me some examples on how to use the category field in activity >records such as phone call, task, etc. >. > Are you suggesting that some customization is required ? I am not...

Blackberry VS active synch security issue
Hello all we run exchagne excahgne 2003 sp1 on windows 2003 sp1. We are currently using Active sync to support around 60 users in the field. The EAS VS is se t to use a certificate with 128 bit encryption. We recently had a consultant come to our office and suggested that using a nenterprise BB server is more secure than using EAS and active sync. I said to the consultnat that users sync over 128 but SSL connection to theFRONT end exchange server, and asked him to explain to me how using a BBserve would be more secure than this, but he just shook his head. Anyone care to comment O...

Disabled User still have Active Account
I have a disabled user, that has deactivated accounts and if I go to activate one of the disabled users accounts it lets me save it?? So now I have active accounts under a disabled users name?? And I can not search for the active accounts under that users name because they are disabled? Shouldn't there be an error when I try to inactivcate a deactivated account with a disasbled user?? I would think it would not let me save the account but it did? I need to fix this. Thanks! You only get error when you assign the account of some disabled user to some other user.' There is no ...

CRM must accept service activities larger than employee work hours
When we try to search employee's available time for a service activity with a duration that is larger than the employee's work hours, CRM can't find available people, even if there is no activities scheduled for that employee. For sample: You have an activity with 24 hours of duration. An employee that works 8 hours per day, can accept that activity and execute it in 3 working days. So if my employee have 24 hours sequentially available, but distributed between his regular working time, than I can schedule that activity for him. My suggestion is that Microsoft includes a c...

strange behaviour after IE7 upgrade
On both of my machines (XPSP2, Outlook 2003), after upgrading to IE7, I have to select "show pictures" (they do not show), then close the email, open the email and select "show pictures" again for them to show. I am looking for new settings but can't seem to find any. Suggestions? Thank you. ...

Lead's Activities Regarding field
Why (oh why) is a Lead Activity's Regarding field populated with the Lead's first and last name, and an Opportunity Activity's Regarding field is populated with the Opp's Topic? It would be more functional (for several reasons) to have the Lead Activity's Regarding field pre-populated with the Lead's Topic. Is there a workaround? Some ISV utility or CRM coding change to allow for this functionality? We have a product "Activity Manager" which we are just releasing which will let you customize Activity Grids however you like. Contact me if you'd like ...

Active Employees
Hello, My client is on GP 10.0 sp4. They are registered to have 250 active employees. They currently only have 106 but when I look at the ABOUT DYNAMICS GP it says that they have 211 active employees. Does anyone know why that is occuring? Thanks If they have any 'test' companies or archive companies, all of the active employees from all companies is being added to the total. To exclude those companies you need to include <TEST> or <HISTORICAL> after the company name. Leslie "Santiago" wrote: > Hello, > > My client is on GP ...

Strange characters
Hello! We are sending e-mails in french and are experiencing problems with the Outlook thick client; characters like � and non breakable space are displayed as question marks and chinese characters. Any idea why? With the Outlook Web GUI there are no problems. Any suggestions most welcome! What version of Outlook? What message format are you using? What encoding do you specify? Starboard wrote: > Hello! >=20 > We are sending e-mails in french and are experiencing problems with the= =20 > Outlook thick client; characters like =E9 and non breakable space are=20 > displaye...