Startup Item pops up twice, taskbar color flips

On an Acer Aspire One, I put a notepad TO DO file in All Users Startup
and it comes up twice. On this machine, I also have a wierdness in
that the taskbar sometimes comes up Blue XP and others grey (like Win
98).

				    - = -
   http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm  http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2
  ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice.  Everything fully disclaimed.}---

vjp2

I move it to the USER and it doesn't pop up at all.

Move it back to ALLUSERS and it pops up twice.

I think this has something to do with the alternating taskbar color/style

SOme setting is off

				    - = -
   http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm  http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2
  ---{Nothing herein constitutes advice.  Everything fully disclaimed.}---

vjp2

Coloring cells
I have a column of numbers. Some are positive and others are negative. I would like to color "red" the cell with negative numbers and 'green' the positive numbers. Is this possible in either Excel 2007 or Excel 2003? Do I need a macro? OldEd You just need Conditional Formatting. See help on that subject. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 19:12:27 -0400, "OldManEd" <econgleton@snet.net> = wrote: >I have a column of numbers. Some are positive and others are negative. I= =20 >would like to color "red" the ...

Line color default/Fill color default
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I draw a line in Word/Office 2008 it is blue. When I create a Call Out box, its fill color is blue.. Yes, I can go in and manually change those colors each time I draw something, but I would prefer to change the default colors so that all lines are black, and there is no fill color unless I specify it. How can I do this? Thanks That's a new feature. If you get things the way you like them, then right-click the shape, you can choose "Set autoshape defaults". Your new settings will them become the d...

Boders Colors
How can I draw borders in other color, instead of black? Because I can only draw borders in black! Format > Cells > Border, you can select the colour from the Colo dropdown by clicking on the down arro -- Paul Sheppar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39362 ...

Reply font color, Outlook 2000
A user just asked me if I could set her Outlook 2000 to use the default blue color when replying. When I checked, it was already set to use blue when replying & forwarding. I tested the feature on any number of messages in her inbox, and when replying to any of them, the font was blue, which is correct. But one particular message, it will not use blue...it uses black every time. It does not appear that stationary is used in that message, but just in case, I set the option to *always* use her font settings. Her reply text still shows in black. In this particular case, the reply color ...

how to send layout (color, bold ..) to a excel cell using objStreamWriter?
Hi, i use objStreamWriter for writing data to an excel sheet. objStreamWriter = New StreamWriter(objFileStream) objStreamWriter.WriteLine("title" & chr(9) & "name") etc ... This works perfect. But is it also possible to give a cell a color, or to make the text sent to a cell bold? Thanks Luc Hi, Which format do you use ? For now it seems you are using CSV which allows only to import data. If you want to use formatting you could use HTML (Excel is able to import HTML tables), XML (either the old xml format or what is now the native for...

serialized items and quantity key
We upgraded to RMS from Quicksell 2000. We are selling all serialized items, mostly monthly bus passes. In Quicksell we used to be able to enter a quantity of passes at one time, for instance, passes 150-58, and the database would accept that. So far we have not figured out a way to use any kind of a quantity key in RMS. This is a critical capability for us due to orders of up to 200 passes at one time from one custumer. Any suggestions?? Open the Item Properties page for a Serialized Item. Go to the Serial Tab Click the Add button In the section at the bottom, Enter the number of ...

Edit List Item in Access 2007
I have been adding the new values into item list for the past few days, but when I continue to do so today, all the values are keyed into the list but not able to save in the list after clicking 'OK'. Any reason for this sudden change? Appreciate your kind response... Thanks & regards, Lawrence Just an idea When you say > I have been adding the new values into item list for the past few days this sounds like you should not be using a list - are you adding zillions on items??. You could change it to a form/datasheet view and add controls to select items. O...

Create Item Number from Web Services Question
Hi All, I am trying to create a new item number in GP so that it's existed before I can create salesorder and salesitem but I don't know which method/methods from GP Web Services to do so. I found that there are CreateSalesOrder, CreateSalesItem, GetItemByKey but I could not find where CreateItem? Anyone has ideas, please let me know and I'd appreciate -Toi Use the CreateSalesItem method. The name is not as intuitive as it should be, but it's the method you need for a new item. You can find more info in the Web Services SDK. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS,...

"Cannot start outlook. Could not open the item" appears on start.
When I try to open outlook I get the messeage "Cannot open microsoft outlook. Could not find the item." I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I've never had this problem before and don't know what to do. Can someone help? Janetto <Janetto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I try to open outlook I get the messeage "Cannot open microsoft > outlook. Could not find the item." I have tried uninstalling and > reinstalling. I've never had this problem before and don't know what > to do. Can someone help? Have you created a...

WHY select the first item didn't receive OnPaint in LISTCTRL!
hello everyone, I write a custom listctrl inherit from the CListCtrl( MFC ). I don't use CUSTOMDRAW and OWNDRAW, and rewrite the OnPaint fucntion. The OnPaint function like this: void CListCtrlST::OnPaint() { CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting ///////////////////////////////////////////////// CRect rtList; GetClientRect( &rtList ); CDC* pDC = &dc; CMemDC memDC( pDC, &rtList ); // double buffer..... memDC.SetBkMode( TRANSPARENT ); // don't use the system paint, because it's too slow... // if you resize the listctrl...

Recommended Colors for Bar Graph
I currently have a black/white bar graph that I would like to add colors to. Can anyone recommend colors that look good? maybe a website has samples of how different colors go together. Thanks, Marky Marky, Colors are a matter of taste. For some samples of what's available in Excel, take a look here: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm John "Mark Jacobs" <spanishtunes@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b20110da.0401031751.3d5c29d2@posting.google.com... > I currently have a black/white bar graph that I would like to add > colors to. Can anyone recom...

How to modify a CToolBar's text color?
In my app, I create a toolbar. I do not want to modify anthing but the text color. How to do it? Thx. See NM_CUSTOMDRAW (toolbar) Notification on MSDN. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "WizardLee" <WizardLeeCN@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uRKo04pjFHA.1412@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > In my app, I create a toolbar. I do not want to modify anthing but the > text > color. How to do it? Thx. > > ...

Corrupted "deleted Item" folder in microsoft outlook 2000
Hi all, I have this spam mail in my deleted item folder which i am not able to delete it away. When i tried to delete it, open it, move it to other folder etc ... outlook 2000 will have an error and will close down and i have to restart it. I tried lots of methods suggested by some nice people in here but stil it doesnt work. Is there any way or how can i have a whole new "deleted item" folder without losing my other folders and emails as well ?? Pls help.... thanksss Yes, per personal experience. Make a new PST, even customize the name of it for yourself. Make it the def...

Colors/Scale in Radar Charts
Is there a way to make the background colors in a radar chart different than white? I need to create a radar chart with four ranges from center out - dark green in center, next region out is light green, next region is yellow, and the outer band is red. Also, can I make the scale not be equal (e.g. 0-33%, 33-66%, 66%-90%, 90%-100%)? Thanks for any help. Jeff Hi, You can use 4 additional series charted as filled radar to give the zone shading. Start by creating a radar using all 5 columns of data. Select the actual data series and move to the secondary axis. You can now change the c...

attachments to calendar item scheduled by someone else
How does one add information/attachments to a calendar item scheduled by someone else so that the information/attachments are not lost when the meeting is updated by the organizer? Thanks, Barb ...

RE: How do I get my new dialog box to invoke when I press New Menu Item
Hi All, 1. Machine and OS specifications I have Windows XP running Office XP Standard Edition. These software packages are installed on my dell Inspiron laptop. I have 128 MB RAM with a 40 GB HardDrive. 2. Problem In excel, when I pressed the New menu item, a dialog box would appear displaying all of the known templates. Now, only a new worksheet appears. I would like for the dialog to appear again. Can someone tell me how to get the dialog box back displaying all of my templates? d, The default New button has always generated a new workbook, no dialog box. There's ano...

Mmaisl splitting to more win boxes with only one pop-account
I use a WinXP box with two network cards. One is connected to internet an the other to a Win2K box. The Win2K box is connected by internet connection sharing (ICS). All is working fine but fetching mails: I have only one POP3 account at my ISP where all emails for the both users will be dropped (user1@domain.at and user2@domain.at). I would like to fetch all emails sent to user1 to the first box and all emails for user2 to the second box. How can I do this. Thanks for your help, Harald Harald ARNOLD <Harald.Arnold@arnold.at> wrote: > I use a WinXP box with two network cards. O...

Startup menu in Windows7
Hi, where di I find the Startup menu in Windows 7? -- Thank you for your help, Erik W7 x64 "Erik Fuyu" <eriknews@ix4.net> wrote in message news:ucw$ra0pKHA.1544@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi, > where di I find the Startup menu in Windows 7? > > -- > Thank you for your help, > Erik > > W7 x64 -- Open system config or config, look under the startup tab. Once open read the help files for System Configuration. H Brown Thank you. "H Brown" <H Brown@invalid.com> wrote in message news:eDzMkq0pKHA.3936...

1 item need to be tax inclusive
I have a customer that wants to sell CDs for $13.00 even, including the tax. However because the taxation is setup for be tax exclusive and the tax percentage being 9.75% we cannot get the CD to come up exactly $13.00. We either get $13.01 or $12.99. Any hints? what if you set the price to $11.84 and the tax to 9.797% "Phil V" wrote: > I have a customer that wants to sell CDs for $13.00 even, including the tax. > However because the taxation is setup for be tax exclusive and the tax > percentage being 9.75% we cannot get the CD to come up exactly $13.00. ...

Line items in an Invoice, disappear
Hi, Using SOP, some times the line items in an Invoice, which has been transfered from on order, just disappear. I tried doing the check links, but the line items do not come back, except that the totals for the invoices are set back to zero. any suggestions? please advice Sajid Saeed ...

English and Chinese in the Item Description
Requirement: The client is planning to deploy GP, howver the following is the requirement: When they set up inventory items we need to be able to use one of the Item Description fields to list the Chinese description of the item. My goal was to have both English and Chinese in the Item Description and Short Name fields and then modify any reports to list both the Description and Short Name fields. I tested by using English in the description field and attempting to type traditional Chinese fonts in the Short Description field. GP does not display the Chinese fonts in the Short Name fi...

Excel closes immediately on startup
I have a shared excel document with several macros. When I try to ope it on two new computers recently installed at my work, the documen starts to open but then immediately closes. The new computers are running Windows XP. Any thoughts?:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Just guessing but perhaps the macro security level on the new computer is the problem. Try changing it to Medium ----- drewdog > wrote: ---- I have a shared excel document with several macros. When I try to ope it on two new computers recently installed at my work, the d...

Filter colored cells
Hi Friends I compared 2 columns ( A & D) its number, it is not equal i filled RED color appropriate cell. My quest is how to filter RED color cells? Plz help, Thanks in advance Regards Venky See http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm, it has a colour filter facility. 2007 has it built in. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) <mvenkatesan45@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1185515219.702352.284050@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com... > Hi Friends > I compared 2 columns ( A & D) its number, it is not equal i filled R...

Turn off Theme Colors?
I am working in PowerPoint 2007, but in an organization that is primarily using 2003. I'm repeatedly running into the problem that after I build my charts and send them out, when they're opened by the next user (in 2003) the colors change. I understand why this happens (Office 2003 treating colors differently than 2007). The only workaround I'm aware of is to first set the color normally (by picking from the theme colors), and then reset the color by clicking "more colors", which makes the color absolute (instead of a reference to a dynamic theme color). Is ...

When I send emails, they aren't appearing in the sent items folde.
Kerrie <Kerrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Have you enabled the option to save sent messages in the Sent Items folder? -- Brian Tillman Have you checked the view in your Sent Items folder? Make sure it's not set to Unread Messages. Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza > > > ...