Removing old version of Office after installing new one

Up until about 6 months ago I was using Office XP. As my wife is a
teacher I took advantage of a special deal to buy Office 2007 and
installed that, but I didn't remove the old one as I wanted to make
sure everything worked ok.

I'd now like to get rid of the Office XP. Both are listed in the "Add
or Remove Programs" utility. Is it safe to use this to remove Office
XP or might it mess up Office 2007 in the process?

Thanks, David.
0
DavidM

"DavidM" <davidm_uk_notme@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Up until about 6 months ago I was using Office XP. As my wife is a
> teacher I took advantage of a special deal to buy Office 2007 and
> installed that, but I didn't remove the old one as I wanted to make
> sure everything worked ok.
>
> I'd now like to get rid of the Office XP. Both are listed in the "Add
> or Remove Programs" utility. Is it safe to use this to remove Office
> XP or might it mess up Office 2007 in the process?
>
> Thanks, David.

  You can safely uninstall OfficeXP via Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs.  If
after the uninstall you run into any unforseen issues, you can run the repair
for Office 2007 via Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs or via the installation
media.  On the other hand if anything left behind from the XP version is an
issue or causes problems, download/install/run the Windows Install Cleanup
Utility to rid of the XP version remnants.

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

--

Brian A. Sesko
http://basconotw.mvps.org/

Suggested posting do's/don'ts:  http://members.shaw.ca/dts-l/goodpost.htm
How to ask a question:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

0
Brian
12/1/2009 10:59:46 AM
And if you installed Office 2007 in parrallel with Office Xp, then you will
need to install Outlook 2007 as it would'nt have been installed.
You would then be advised to confugure a new Mail Profile with new data file
& configure your accounts.
(outlook 2007 uses a different format data file to OutlookXP, its more
robust and doesnt have the size limitation)

"DavidM" <davidm_uk_notme@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Up until about 6 months ago I was using Office XP. As my wife is a
> teacher I took advantage of a special deal to buy Office 2007 and
> installed that, but I didn't remove the old one as I wanted to make
> sure everything worked ok.
>
> I'd now like to get rid of the Office XP. Both are listed in the "Add
> or Remove Programs" utility. Is it safe to use this to remove Office
> XP or might it mess up Office 2007 in the process?
>
> Thanks, David.

0
DL
12/1/2009 11:56:53 AM
On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 10:41:57 +0000, DavidM
<davidm_uk_notme@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Up until about 6 months ago I was using Office XP. As my wife is a
>teacher I took advantage of a special deal to buy Office 2007 and
>installed that, but I didn't remove the old one as I wanted to make
>sure everything worked ok.
>
>I'd now like to get rid of the Office XP. Both are listed in the "Add
>or Remove Programs" utility. Is it safe to use this to remove Office
>XP or might it mess up Office 2007 in the process?
>
>Thanks, David.
Thank you both for your replies.
David
0
DavidM

XML that one of its elements has line break.
Hello, I am using access as my database, One of my columns is memo field, so it has sevral line at its context. Can I convert line break to something readable in XML ? Is there any function for that ? Thanks :) Same thing. Any character, be it ascii or unicode has it's place or number. If Access bitches, it is Access and not Calculus. "Mr. x" <a@b.com> wrote in message news:uaYLyYxeDHA.4024@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello, > I am using access as my database, > One of my columns is memo field, so it has sevral line at its context. > Can I convert line b...

chart area line missing in one pace (with picture)
http://immunizecaadults.org/images/trig.jpg Can anyone tell me why there's a piece of line in the chart area border missing? I checked, and there is no object floating over it. Thanks. If you change the size of the chart area, does the missing postion stay the same? if you change the backgrond color of the chart, what do you see? If you move the chart area in the chart doc, what do you see? If you regenerate the chart what do you get? In other words, I don't know what causes it. "Dave R." wrote: > http://immunizecaadults.org/images/trig.jpg > > Can anyone...

version
Does your query have a start time and end time. If so, you can't run the query to see your time on Paper with Paper still open as you will not have an end time and the query will (when you try and open it) try a half calculation (that like say 1 + = intead of 1 + 1 =). Maybe I am not understanding. Can you post the sql so we cna see it -- Wayne Manchester, England. "relativehunter" wrote:version > I am having a problem with a form and a query. When I open the form (called > Paper), it runs a query that adds a row to a table called Time. If P...

Removing site sections
Is it possible to remove entire sections/concepts from the CRM system? For instance, I'd like to get rid of the Opportunities in CRM. How would I go about that? Thanks. -GS You could restrict access to that area via security. "--" <bizilly@NOTCOLDmail.com> wrote in message news:gdudnZmwO6jM7SOiRVn-gw@speakeasy.net... Is it possible to remove entire sections/concepts from the CRM system? For instance, I'd like to get rid of the Opportunities in CRM. How would I go about that? Thanks. -GS ...

How do I remove ~WRL0000.tmp files?
Two days ago one of my MS Word folders I was working in started to accumulate a lot of ~WRL1234.tmp files. Usually these disappear after I leave the folder, but today they're still there. How can I delete them? And how can I reset things so they don't start accumulating again? Many Thanks. See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Tim wrote: > Two days ago one of my...

combine multiple excel file in to one excel file and multiple worksheet
I am wanting to use the following code to combine worksheets from multiple files. However I would like to be able to select folder which contains files in a more automated way that having to change the code every time, and also copy all worksheets with links and formulas removed. Any help on this is greatly appreciated as I have limited code knowledge. Sub Copy_them() > Dim TargetWkbk As Workbook > Dim mrgWkbk As Workbook > Dim i As Long > Dim Wks As Worksheet > Dim fName As String > Application.ScreenUpdating = False > Set TargetWkbk ...

Removing web access from outlook address bar
Is there a way to remove or restrict someone's access to the web from the address bar in outlook 2002? I have users who do not have IE priviledges but are able to slide the address bar over and type in a web address to get to websites. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Can you block their web access at the firewall? Perhaps this is not a technical problem but rather a behavior problem. If these people are employees (or children) perhaps you need to create a policy that forbids them doing this along with some consequences for violating it. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, On...

Microsoft Office 2003 Updates
I am able to download but not install the following updates - Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB975958), Office 2003 Service Pack 3 (SP3), and Update for Office 2003 (KB907417). For each failure I receive the same error code - 0x80070643. I have tried to download the Genuine Microsoft Tool to validate my Office 2003 Software but it won't download. I have tried to use logs to find the specific error but it does not work. Can anyone help me? I am no longer able to open Outlook 2003. -- Thank you. Lucy Description of the update for Office ...

Changing the Language on Office X
My other half uses a French version of Office X. I, however, speak French as well as I speak Martian. Is it possible to change the language? Thanks. Hi This is from Word's help when I searched on the word "language", but I'm not sure if this is what you meant: Check the spelling of all or part of a document in another language 1. If you haven't already done so, install the dictionary for the language you want to check. How? 2. Select the text that's written in another language. 3. On the Tools menu, click Language. 4. In the Mark selected text as box, click the...

New Workbook Path
Thought I would make a comment ... Did you know there is no Path property for a New Workbook ??!!! Of course the Path property is empty for a new workbook. What would it be? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "exceluserforeman" <exceluserforeman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE28F767-7B5A-433F-9463-A5228572CCB1@microsoft.com... > Thought I would make a comment ... > > Did you know there is no Path property for a New Workbook ??!!! > > > > Thank you for your...

Cannot create new mailbox
I'm having an issue of not being able to create a new mailbox. I can go through the process of creating the user in AD Users & Computers and everything is successfull. I can even see the user in the GAL. But I cannot access the mailbox by opening it nor does it show up in system manager even after sending a message to the mailbox. I do have full permissions to the mailbox. It seems like it is not being created even though the recipient policy seems to be working because it does generate an address for the account. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Multiple emails for one contact in distribution list
I have created a group to send out bi-monthly emails from my personal email account. One of the people in the group would like to have the email sent to her work email and to her personal email. I have attempted to add both email addresses to the group, and initially it does. After syncing, however, the personal email disappears from the group list because it is not the primary email listed in the contact. Is there a way to include both email addresses without creating a separate contact for just the personal email? I am running Outlook 2010 beta. My email is through Hotmai...

select query of parent and child in one row
I have a parent table and a child table one parent has between 1 and 6 children in the child table I wont a query to have the parent and the child in one "row" how do I create that? thanks for helping me Your table structure is not correct for a relational database but this will get you there. This has three but you get the idea and expand on it. Place the table in the design grid as many times as you have field to combine. SELECT MultipleFieldData.x, MultipleFieldData.a & IIf(MultipleFieldData_1.b Is Null,Null," " & MultipleFieldData_1.b) & IIf(MultipleF...

Can't Connect to Bank with Money 04 Trial Version
Hi, Does anyone know why I can't connect to my bank through the trial version of Money 04? I use quicken at the moment and after reading the negative reviews of the 04 update have decided to give money a try. The bank appears on the list of participating institutions and indicates that it is set up for direct connect/two way communication. However, when I go through the Online Services Manager it is listed under the heading "Banks that have no Service". I would appreciate any answers! Sarah ...

New to exchange #3
Does anyone know how to take a large file break it down to smaller parts send it through outlook and then merge it back into one file within outlook on the other end. Apparently there is a way to do thi within outlook. There isn't anyway to do that with Outlook. You could do it with WinRAR, or search for a program on google called HJSplit. Winzip can create files like that too, but I prefer WinRAR. -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

[ANN] New installer for 12.0.1
MacBu released a new installer for the Office 2008 Update 12.0.1 today. This is not new Office bits to be installed, but the installer itself that was changed. This change was a result of problems experienced by some Office 2008 users having a failed update to 12.0.1. If you are one of the unfortunate few that had problems, this patch is for you. If you were able to successfully update to 12.0.1 then you do not need this patch. Continue reading for steps to properly update Office 2008 to version 12.0.1. -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees) Entourage Help Page <...

How clean is uninstall of Office 2003 (to revert to Office 2002)?
I've been hunting around trying to find how to convert a Unicode PST file created with Outlook 2003 to an ANSI PST file usable by Outlook 2002. We had a contract worker that used Outlook 2003 on his laptop. Before leaving, we saved off the data files from his laptop, including the PST files but they were apparently in Unicode format because we cannot read them using Outlook 2002. From my searching, it appears the only way we can revert is to install the trial version of Outlook 2003, create an ANSI PST file, copy the items from the Unicode PST file to the ANSI PST file, and unins...

Office 2004 apps fail on startup
I have just installed Office 2004 and cannot get Word, Excel or PowerPoint to start up. In each case the splash screen shows, there's a brief blank and then the error dialog box comes up. Typically the error log shows (and there are similar logs for the other two apps): Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 1.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2004-05-30 14:30:02 +0100 Application Name: Microsoft Word Application Version: 11.0.0.040408 Module Name: ATS Module Version: unknown Module Offset: 0x0002aac4 Extra app info: Reg=English Loc=0x0409 Thread 0 crashed: # 1...

New check format
I modified a copy of current check report, and trying to use this new format when I print a check. However, GP system didn't pick up the new format. What should I do to make them recognize each other? Thank you so much, Sophie Sophie, If you modified an existing check layout, you want to make sure to give users access to the modified check via Advanced Security or Security, depending on what your company uses. If the reports.dic is local and more than one user needs to use the modified check, you'll need to make sure each local reports.dic gets the modified check. Hope thi...

Remove discontinued inventory
Is it possible to remove inventory with the item type of Discontinued? I know that it can be done through the inventory year-end close, but was wondering if it was possible to do it at any other time without affecting other records. Thanks to all! Dan, yes, you can remove any item at any time but you first have to make sure it doesn't appear in any transactions (Sales Order, PO, MO, etc) and remove the item's transaction history. You do this under Inventory>Utilities>Remove History. Once you've removed history, you can delete the item(s). Make sure you back-up your d...

Microsoft Office Small Business Edition 2003
Just acquired new Lap Top with the above loaded. I confirmed codes on phone and have operational. Would now like to have on my other 2 office computers to maintain comformity. What does it cost to allow this to happen and what is the process? I'm currently running Office 200 on other computers. Fred Fred wrote: > Just acquired new Lap Top with the above loaded. I > confirmed codes on phone and have operational. Would now > like to have on my other 2 office computers to maintain > comformity. What does it cost to allow this to happen and > what is the process? I'...

Problem with versions of word and outlook
Hi My access app uses word and outlook references which I can not get rid of due to certain features that my app has. I have this problem that I need to send me app to various clients who have varying versions of outlook and word and thus my app fails to run. Is there anyway my app can find the versions of outlook/word at start-up and readjust links to appropriate versions of outlook/word before continuing? If not, is there another way to fix this problem? Many thanks. Any help would be appreciated. I am really stuck. Regards Whoa: no need to include so many newsgroups! Consider u...

CRM 1.2 SBS 2003 Can not install exchange email router
Logged on as domain admin throughout. Installed CRM successfully, followed install instructions, did not install to local host installed web to a hostheader of "companyweb" port 80. during Exchange email router setup I get an error when specifying CRM server and web - "one or more os the MS CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator priveleges on that server...." server name: sbssrb01 web http://companyweb If I go into IIS can not open CRM web get - http Error 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. All services are on 1 server "sbssrv01&qu...

open a new instance of excel for each file ? (Vista / Seven)
Hi people, How under Vista & Win7 can we open a new instance of excel for each file ? thx a lot people. ...

RE RE: XP Install
Thank you for the information. --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- Dilly Dally wrote: > Thank you for the information. Did you post a whole new conversation to 'reply' to one you started? It certainly looks like it right now: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support/browse_frm/thread/1cff3f90816a82a9/ That is your original posting - as archived. As of right now (could be I need to wait for it ...