Menu bar from System folders missing

hi, the top menubar / toolbar from all of my system folders have gone, how
can I get them back?

Jimbobwiki wrote:
> hi, the top menu bar / toolbar from all of my system folders have gone, how
> can I get them back?

Try these:

- Press F11

- Right-click the toolbar and select Menu Bar

- Click View, Standard Buttons

- Click Start, Run, type:

regsvr32 /i shell32.dll (Press Enter key)

- Malware could have hidden it.. here's a long post with more ideas.  If
you have to edit the registry to straighten this out, suspect malware:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/117914-45-windows-explorer-toolbar-missing

--
Joe   =o)
0

Lost Menu Bar.
Hi there, I have lost my wooksheet menu bar in EXCEL. Even after reinstializing MS office it does not appear. Any idea how to restore it back. rgds Mdalvi. H Mdalvi! Use: ALT + F11 to open visual basic editor. View>Immediate Window. With the cursor in the Immediate Window type: Application.CommandBars(1).Reset Press Enter ALT + F11 to go back to Excel to see if the Worksheet Menu Bar is visible. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. &qu...

Missing emails 12-27-09
I went to check my emails today and found that my whole email account had disappeared. I had not used the account since 20 Nov. In the interim I have renewed my Norton 360 and wondered if that may have caused the problem. I am using Vista. Anyway I followed the prompts for adding an account and reinput the original account details. This went ok and a load of new emails arrived but none of the old messages were showing. I then rebooted the system and the original account appeared with all the old messages but not the new ones. Now I can’t find the new messages. Have I created a du...

Backgrond color missing in e mails
When I put a background color in my e mails, it is missing when the recipiant receives it. It is always white no matter what color I use. Thanks, mj Does the recipient have HTML capable mail client? Are you on Exchange server? Is the server set to strip formatting? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, MJ asked: | When I put a background color in my e ...

system.net.webclient post timeout
I am Java programmer who is forced to do something in .NET for the first and, also, the last time in my life. I have console application in vb.net which is retrieving data from Tomcat web server using GET method, and uploading some other data using POST method. I am using system.net.webclient and it works fine. When I try to add basic authentication, GET still works fine, but POST takes very long to complete. I have checked Tomcat logs, and request is served swiftly, as normal, but vb.net application does not seem to be aware of that, as if it is waiting for some kind of acknowledg...

Can't delete a particular public folder
I have a public folder (now named "Bad Folder") on my Exchange 2003 server that I can't delete. When I try to delete it, while I am logged in as "admin" on the Windows 2003 Server that the Exchange 2003 Server runs on, I get prompted for my username and password. No matter what I enter I just get re-prompted several times, followed by "The operation failed. ID 80004005. Exchange System Manager". I have check, re-checked, and changed the permissions (both "Client Permissions" and "Administrative Rights") from "anyone can do anyth...

Unable to display the folder error.
I get the following message when using Outlook. If I close Outlook then reopen it, it will work until I switch icons (calendar to contacts). "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. An error occurred that prevented the file M:\Outlook\cij.pst from being saved. Close and then restart all mail-enabled applications." Can anyone help me with this problem? ...

Missing Folders.
I get the following error when trying to start Outlook, I checked and verified the specified file contains no data. What are my options here? Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The file C:\Documents and Settings\Shawn Speelman\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file. -- I ran the inbox repair tool on the missing file and got the following message: "This file cannot be reocvered because it is not large enough to contain any useful data." Shawn Speelman <...

Cannot Delete A Public Folder
Folks, For some reason I have run into a weird problem on a folder within our Public Folders. This folder is no longer in use and must be deleted, however, when I right click it in Outlook the option to delete is greyed out. The properties page is also screwed up because I cannot add users or permissions to it. I believe the root of my problem is because the one and only defined user for this particular left the company and his AD account was deleted. All I see as a permitted user/author is the SID string of numbers. Is there a way to delete this folder manually? I've look...

ESM
Hi, I created some Public folders in OL 2003 before Xmas no problems as I am the administrator for the local domains server & Exchange admin. Today I tried to create additonal folders form my LAN XP machine but continually receive the error of: Unable to create the folder. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator. When I look at the folder properties in OL I see the folder contact is NT USER:S-1-5-21-606747145-1682526488-682003330-1109 but I have no idea who that is...or was more likely! If I then g...

Public Folder Migration #4
Adding a BE Exchange server to our topology. Have migrated all mailboxes to new BE server, and am trying to migrate public folders from what will be the FE server to the BE server. Using the PFMIGRATE script, here are the results: PFMIGRATE.WSF /S:SOURCESERVER /T:TARGETSERVER /A /N:ALL /SC Microsoft Exchange Public Folder Migration Tool Wed Jun 28 08:06:29 MDT 2006 Source Server: NAMESOURCE Version 6.5 (Build 7638.2: Service Pack 2) Target Server: NAMETARGET Version 6.5 (Build 7638.2: Service Pack 2) WMI Server: NAMETARGET Add Replica Mode in progress. Analysis of 1 folders with repl...

How to add another user's Contacts folder to my Address Book?
Background: Exchange 2003 Server w/ Outlook 2000/2003 clients. I can add any Contacts folders in my mailbox to my Address Book by going into the Properties of the folder and checking "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" on the "Outlook Address Book" tab. However, if I have another user's mailbox (to which I have full permission) in my Folder List, I do not have this option in any of their Contacts folders. How do I add another user's Contacts folder, displayed in my Folder List, to my Address Book? TIA, roshan After a bit of research on SlipStick.com...

CopyBeforeWrite missing in VC++ 8 for CString
Hi All, What would be CopyBeforeWrite equivalent fucntion for Cstring in VC 8 tissyrose wrote: > Hi All, > What would be CopyBeforeWrite equivalent fucntion for Cstring in VC 8 Why does CopyBeforeWrite function CString Vc++ 6 removed . When I compile under VS 2005 is says function not found? What would be the possible replace function?>? Many thanks! On 15 Dec 2006 08:36:29 -0800, "tissyrose" <Linson.Tomy@gmail.com> wrote: > >tissyrose wrote: >> Hi All, >> What would be CopyBeforeWrite equivalent fucntion for Cstring in VC 8 > >Why do...

documental manage system
hello, anybody knows some documents or study about integration with sharepoint to have a documental manage system? thank you as starting solution i think about a simple integration with capability to store document from crm into sharepoint and some search capability to find these documents from crm. "Jim Daly [MSFT]" <jdaly@online.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:A9DAFCF2-E06A-4457-A0AC-209F22797BF8@microsoft.com... > What kind of business process do you have in mind? > What information do users need to see? > What kind of documents will they b...

How to check if mouse wheel has been used, system-wide?
Hi! I have the following task - I need to check time to time if mouse wheel has been used by the user, in ANY application. I have some kind of user activity detector, to do certain actions in application when user is idle for some time. It would be nice to have the ability to check if mouse wheel has been used. I already know how to check for keyboard (GetKeyboardState and compare with previous call's result) and mouse (GetCursorPos and compare with previous call's result). I know how to set up a hook, and can achieve what I need via hook. But, customer says sometimes system runs slo...

RMS and Bar Coding
We are having a year end inventory count performed and need to send a file with all bar codes. Can we delete old bar codes that have not been used for awhile to shrink this file? Or can we send a numerical file with just the bar codes that currently show inventory? If so, how is this done? We own Store Operations 1.20 -- Joanne Mahoney SDN Consulting Jacksonville, FL ...

missing emails, random delivery
when i try to send an email with a word document attachment, delivery is not certain. I have tested to as many different email addresses as possible, some get the email, others don't. there does not seem to be any pattern. operating system is Windows xp professional, using outlook 2003, word 2003. i have tested using outlook and internet mail via I.E. No pattern. Any ideas? Thanks! there are a number of possible causes for missing mail - are the recipients email servers blocking mail with attachments? do they use a spam filter that is catching your messages? are the attachments la...

schedule system maintenance
I just want to know how can I schedule system maintenance. I have 4 macros used to run a system maintenance in GP8 (Check Links and Reconcile) and I need to run these macro at night because it will take time and each macro will take may be one or more hour. So,are there any idea to schedule macro or to schedule system maintenance. -- Humam F Uraibi Developer Hi, You can use the windows scheduled task program to launch gp, login and start a macro. The problem is you can't log out. If you don't care about logging out of GP you're good to go. I've read the Professiona...

How to create a floating bar chart vertically not horizontally...
Hi, The technique is the same for both column and bar charts, which is to use a stacked chart and remove the formatting from the series used to 'float' your data. See Jon's explanation. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FloatingColumns.html Cheers Andy Cristina wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Undeleting a folder in Express
Can anyone direct me to a free software download that will allow me to undelete a folder in Outlook Express or am I stuck purchasing the required software? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&a...

System Management Console
Can someone tell me if there is a independent "exe" file for system management console for exchange that can be installed on windows xp machine? Thanks, R. Brown Hi R. Brown, check out the following link. It tells you how to install the Sys Mgr onto an XP box, and some of the pre-requisites etc. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;815529 HTH, Katherine "R. Brown" <rbrown_nospam@rbnetworking.net> wrote in message news:YoU0c.564$rB4.178@bignews6.bellsouth.net... > Can someone tell me if there is a independent "exe" file for syste...

Junk E-mail folder
Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and permanently delete items older than 30 days? Thanks. You can use the AutoArchiving to do that. Right click on the folder, choose Properties and go to the AutoArchive tab "Jaycee" <jaycee131973@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%232IGo%238NGHA.2300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and > permanently delete items older than 30 days? ...

Recover missing Z-Report
One of my clerks received an error message during running a Z-Report....she did not note the error so I have no idea what it is...the report did not print yet manager says there is a Z-Report but it is blank...all the transactions are in manager and it says there is a Z-Report but it is totally blank....any way to regenerate this Z-report or make it so it's not blank? ...

Sharing folders between User Accounts on same PC
Non of my data is stored on C: but on another partition on the drive. I have several User Accounts for different hobbies, etc. I want to share a folder so it is viweable on the desktops of the User Accounts, but I don't want to move the folder onto C: - I want it to stay in it's location. Is this possible? TIA. "Richard" <noggod@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:eadR9R0HLHA.1868@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Non of my data is stored on C: but on another partition on the drive. > > I have several User Accounts for different hobbies, etc. &...

Launch folder windows in separate processe
The setting as in subject selected under Control Panel -> Folder Options More than one windows explorer open. Each of them opened in other folder. One of them opened for search function. However, if investigating with Task Manager all windows explorer windows lead to the same explorer process (task right click -> Go to process). The list "Processes" of task manager presents only one explorer window. So the setting as mentioned above not really functional. What's the reason? kakii wrote: > > The setting as in subject selected under Control Panel ...

Ready task bar
In excel, on the bottom of the page on the right hand side on the Ready tool bar are 3 or 4 cells which I believe MS adds to the screens to for added tools. In one of these cells is the count total, max, min, ave, sum and when you right click on it you can select one of these to use in the worksheet. My question is, how do I add this tool if it is gone? I had it, but now it is gone, which I do not know how it disappeared. If any one knows, please email me and if you know how to add additional tools to this I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you try tools>options>view>...