keyboard doesn't work

The keyboard works to type in the password but doesn't work when the desktop
appears. I whent thru the hardware trouble shooter.  The keys beep when you
press them.
--
Carol

Type of keyboard?????
"Carol" <Carol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The keyboard works to type in the password but doesn't work when the
> desktop
> appears. I whent thru the hardware trouble shooter.  The keys beep when
> you
> press them.
> --
> Carol

0
Unknown
3/10/2010 6:30:04 PM
On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 10:22:01 -0800, Carol
<Carol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The keyboard works to type in the password but doesn't work when the desktop
>appears. I whent thru the hardware trouble shooter.  The keys beep when you
>press them.

Desktop or laptop ?
0
Jim
3/10/2010 9:43:23 PM
"Carol" <Carol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The keyboard works to type in the password but doesn't work when the
> desktop
> appears. I whent thru the hardware trouble shooter.  The keys beep
> when you
> press them.

Click Start> Control Panel> Accessibility Options

Click the Settings button next to StickyKeys
Un-check the Use Shortcut box and Click OK.
Un-check the Use StickyKeys box.

Click the Settings button next to FilterKeys
Un-check the Use Shortcut box and Click OK.
Un-check the Use FilterKeys box.

Click the Settings button next to ToggleKeys
Un-check the Use Shortcut box and Click OK.
Un-check the Use ToggleKeys box.

Click OK.

--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP  Oct. 2002 - Sept. 2009
A+

0
glee

Outlook Sales not working after upgrade
I had the Adventure Works test set up and working with version 1.0. Then after I upgraded the web interface works but the Outlook Sales client doesn't. It acts like it installs correctly and when you open Outlook it has the CRM folder, but there is nothing in it. Any ideas? Thanks, Nate ...

Right click not working in the Messages pane
Suddently yesterday the right click is not working in the Messages pane of outlook. It is working in the folders list and the preview pane but not in the messages list. Does anyone know what the reason can be? did you try restarting outlook or rebooting the computer? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & E...

Works Portfolio
I accidently deleted my WksSb.exe application, how can I get this application back? -- Sugarpiemims ...

Can't get automatic updates to work
I get this message: [Error number: 0x8DDD0018] The site cannot continue because one or more of these Windows services is not running: Automatic Updates (allows the site to find, download and install high-priority updates for your computer) Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) (helps updates download more quickly and without problems if the download process is interrupted) Event Log (keeps a record of updating activities to help with troubleshooting, if needed) To make sure these services are running: 1. Click Start, and then click Run. 2. Type servic...

Outlook SEND won't work until fetch
If I compose a message in Outlook and click SEND, the >message does not get sent. Then when I close Outlook, I >get a dialog box which says I have message(s) in my >outbox, do I still want to close? > >I found that the next time I do a fetch email command, >Outlook sends whatever was left in the outbox the last >time I closed the program. > >How do I get the program to send messages when I click >SEND? > >TIA, >Jack We have this exact problem at work with a few of our Outlook 2000 installations. This key combo works for them: CTRL+ENTER >...

Why does Autoexpand in combo box not work with accented characters?
To quote the Access online help: You can use the AutoExpand property to specify whether Microsoft Access automatically fills the text box portion of a combo box with a value from the combo box list that matches the characters you enter as you type in the combo box. This lets you quickly enter an existing value in a combo box without displaying the list box portion of the combo box. This works fine when I use the normal English alphabet, but fails if I type an accented character as the first character of a name in a foreign language such as Hungarian. Is there any way to make AutoExpand ...

Retry/Work Offilne???
need some help, one of our machines takes about 10 minutes to get into outlook (OL2K, exch5.5) and gives the screen for Retry or Work Offline. You have to hit the retry to get it to logon. There arent any errors, it just takes forever. I can ping the exchange consistantly and quickly so i'm kinda lost. any ideas? thanks vince ...

Calling WinXps built in Keyboard in my program.
How can i call the built XP Keyboard in my program? ...

CRM Task not working in SFO
I have a problem with SFO. There is no response when I click the "CRM Task" button on the SFO CRM Toolbar. The others work fine - CRM email, convert to crm email, crm appointment, etc. This only happens on one machine. Can't see anything on the server logs. Where should I be looking for errors on the client? Anyone seen this problem before? Try clearing the "cache". In the SFO client> Tools and Options Other tab and then Advanced Options button Custom Forms button and then Manage forms button The click the "clear cache" button. Should be OK then. Guy....

Office 2004 on Intel works, for a while, then apps will not launch
Hello all! I searched previous posts extensively before posting. But my problem does not seem to come from corrupted fonts or preferences. Problem : Office apps work fine after a reboot, but eventually, I become unable to relaunch them. I have to reboot again to get them to work. Details : MacBook Pro, 1gig of ram. Office 2004 11.2.6. OS 10.4.7. I'll open Entourage, work a bit, close it, and then I can't open it anymore. The splash screen does not even appear completely (white rectangle). Console gives : ***** Date/Time: 2006-08-09 12:03:11.089 -0400 OS Version: 10.4.7 (...

Contact categories & Exchange 2003: do they work together?
In my Small Business Server environment, I want Exchange to manage the Master category list for Outlook. I have been unable to locate an appropriate setting for this. Does anyone have any ideas? By the way, My contacts are all located in a public folder. "Paul van Egmond" <paul@oenone.nl> wrote: >In my Small Business Server environment, I want Exchange >to manage the Master category list for Outlook. I have >been unable to locate an appropriate setting for this. >Does anyone have any ideas? By the way, My contacts are >all located in a public folder. ...

Excel 12, insert chart does not work. Exel restart. Why?
When I insert chart and select chart data, MS Office encounters a problem and need to close. Another thing: On chart tools the desings are empty. Any solution? In article <A678D3D8-566D-46A1-8A19-5F85D34BB2C8@microsoft.com>, tujauja@discussions.microsoft.com says... > When I insert chart and select chart data, MS Office encounters a problem and > need to close. > Another thing: > On chart tools the desings are empty. > Any solution? > Office 12 is still in beta. You should have received information from MS about where and how to post questions about it. -- Rega...

Exchange 2007
Hallo. we have enabled recipient filtering for our organization as we are requested to reject with a SMTP connection error messages addressed to non existent recipients as follows: EMC - Organization Configuration - Hub Transport - Anti-spam - Recipient Filtering enabled Block messages sent to recipients not listed in the GAL Still, if I telnet on port 25 I get a 250 2.1.5 Recipient OK message to a RCPT TO:non_existent_user@mydomain.com We have 2 Exchange 2007 SP1 servers: both are HubTransport+ClientAccess+Mailbox+UnifiedMessaging Exch1 is Windows Server 2003 Ent R2 SP2 ...

Outlook Express Delete not working
Windows XP Home Outlook Express won't let me delete all my deleted emails at one time. I can only do won at a time. In the EDIT, the (delete all deleted messages) isn't highlighted. Is there a quick fix for this? Hi Jack, Open Outlook Express. Click Tooks at the top then click Options. Click Maintenance. Check the first option. Click Apply then click OK. Close Outlook Express. Open Outlook Express. Check the folder. -- thecreator "Jack" <Audioman1@myway.com> wrote in message news:ehU1082ALHA.98...

Self-Made Combo Boxes not working correctly...
Okay all.. Here's my deal... I have tried and tried and tried to get these to work... I'm going to post what I have done, and what I am trying to do, and see if someone can help me figure crap out... tblBuilding - PK is BuildingIDNum - Autonumber tblBuildingZones - FK is BuildingIDNum via SELECT DISTINCTROW Building.BuildingIDNum, Building.Name FROM Building ORDER BY Building.BuildingIDNum; cboBuilding - This has Building 1, Building 2, etc. The field displaying this info is "Name" in tblBuilding. cboBuildingZones - This has different "zones" for Building 1,...

Capital One Downloads (and other Yodlee Downloads) not working
I use MS Money to download transactions of Capital One and Bank of America credit cards. For the last 4 days, MS Money has been unable to download these transactions, and when I log into the "My Money" section of the MSN Money web site, I cannot download the transactions either. Both of these downloads are handled via the Yodlee service. Is this a known outage? Are others experiencing the same problem? Is there a solution? I've tried logging in and out of Passport, but the downloads continue to fail. Thanks, Reddog None of these are working for me today. I assume i...

autocomplete addresses not working
I have just set up an account and imported my contacts via a windows csv file, now when I start a new mail and start to type in the 'To' field the address isn't automatically recognised. I have the settings correct in Advanced e mail settings. Can this be restored? You will restore it when you send enough messages to populate your autocompletion cache. That's what Autocomplete uses, not your Contacts. Autoresolution (Automatic Name Checking) uses your Contacts Data. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Headtheball" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message ...

Outlook 2007 Instant Search not working.
I installed Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2. The instant search does not work and desktop search can find everything except email messages. I have rebuilt the index and uninstalled and reinstalled Window Desktop Search 3.0. Any other ideas on how to fix this? I fixed mine by doing two things, not scientific, doing only one may have worked. I unchecked Outlook Express. (Maybe it only likes one email client) (It search OE fine by the way) I ran the repair option for Office 2007 in add remove programs. (I installed search after Outlook prompted me on its first use, maybe Search should be...

Custom Tool bar button on Contacts/Leads/Account Forms Intermittently not working.
Hello CRM gurus, I have a weird issue with a clients web CRM 3 client. I have modified the 'isv.config.xml' and 'isv.confg' files to add a custom button to the contacts/leads/account forms. What seems to be happen, at times (seems to be random) the picture of the button doesn't show up, but the text does and the you cannot click on the button anymore. It only happens to one client PC, as the rest of the client PCs work without any problems. I have run out of ideas as to why this is occurring. Are there any log files that I can look at? Any help on this problem will be g...

java srcipt not working, getting about blank page
i have windows xp recently i have been getting a blank page behind the page im trying to open, mainly pogo games or playsite games, i have all new updates from microsoft installed, but i cant change calender set up either, what di i need to do This newsgroup is for questions related to Microsoft Publisher. You would be better off posting your question to the appropriate group. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "the big bud man 8" <the big bud man 8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BED6D77A-DD80-48B8-A58A-1FC98613ED2A@microsoft.com... >i hav...

Physical Inventory Does Not Work With Matrix Items.
The physical inventory feature in RMS is not usable with matrix type items. It is impossible to filter the inventory count down to a managable number of items for a matrix items. The items I sell consist of a model name, a size, and a color. The matrix lookup code (model name) is not available as a filter. When I try to filter the physical inventory list I get thousands of irrelevant items mixed in with what I want to inventory. I would suggest that the item lookup code be added as a filter for the physical inventory. I would also suggest that when you make a matrix inactive that it ...

Message tracking not work on XP SP2
Message tracking is not working on Windows XP SP2. I've tried System Manager 2000 and 2003 with the same result. Message searching will started, but is still running without result. After uninstalling SP2 it's working fine! On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 05:26:05 -0700, Pol <Pol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Message tracking is not working on Windows XP SP2. I've tried System Manager >2000 and 2003 with the same result. Message searching will started, but is >still running without result. After uninstalling SP2 it's working fine! Your workstation needs to be abl...

"people or distribution list" not working in MS Outlook Rules
Suddenly, when I try to create a new Rule in MS Outlook using the "from someone" specification, the "from people or distribution list" doesn't accept any entry ("move it to the specified folder" does accept entries). The "specific words in the subject" specification works fine. I ran the "detect & repair" utility in the menu, but it didn't help. I'm using MS Outlook 2003 SP2. Any ideas? ...

Outlook 'Compact' feature isn't working
I do the following: - Select Outlook Today - Select Personal Folder Properties - Select Advanced - Select Compact Now The 'Compact Now' pop-up flashes on the screen and then immmediately goes away. There is no compacting taking place. The .PST file remains the same size (even though I have deleted hundreds of files) and the processor does no work. Any idea how to fix this??? Your help is greatly appreciated! You posted no information that would permit troubleshooting. How did you delete files? How are you examining the PST file size? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Ne...

launch excel attachment from outlook
problem: double clicking on excel attachments in outlook email results in an error message "the system cannot find the file specified" excel appears to start (new) - but file never opens file can be saved and subsequently opened from excel 2007. file cannot be launched by double clicking on it. thoughts? Try this Office button>Excel options Advanced>General...ignore other applications... -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "chris B" <chrisB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D484E8CC-5788-48A2-9307-D6381796F2FE@m...